Maintenance for the week of March 1:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 1, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

Removal of WP/SP Damage from Maelstrom Weapons - Please Reconsider

  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    189 base damage boost plus ninhoned trait plus beserker enchant( or any enchant in the game you want to run)....hmmm not overpowered? How so?

    You need to stop talking and apply your brain for just 1 second. Maybe you'll get it. Maybe not.

    What are your thougjts..let me guess you loose a flat damage boost to all of your skills and the poison damage exploit for pvp right. Nirnhoned already drops but is very rare. So its not overpowere if u kept the stat boost and your were able to triat change to nirn 10% damage boost and then an enchat 300+ boost for 5 sec + a damage boost to wall of lighting plus another 180 damage stat boost. That is op as heck
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if we could keep it...same boat guys. Patch notes are dropping today anyway and the changes have already been made on the pts. Like i said trying to come up with solutions cause i am already past the denial stage..move on
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Wall of lighting does proc concussion and off balance as well and destructive touch+knockdown and pulsar+10% decrease in total health by the way

    Plus the damage boost to wall of element that the maelstrom staff gives

    I hope you mean the damage boost to light/heavy attacks to mobs affected by wall of elements, right?

    I have spent the last 3 months working out a build that works fine for me.. I run 5x torug 5x IA infused vMA staff infused torug staff with shock glyph(got another with prismatic for stages 1,6,8 and 9 of vMA).. I do really nice in vMA now after having spent this time testing and getting my build to where it is. Infact last night I got my first no-death run a 559k score..

    My build is different from most I belive, as I don't use alot of different spells for dps, I dont use crushing shock except to interrupt on those particular mobs, and I dont use crystal frags, daedric pray and only sometimes bother with activating the pet pulse.. Infact, I can probably do vMA with ONLY Blockade and heavy attacks for damage.. Might record a run with that now that I've got the no-death achievement.. :)

    I'm looking at a really big nerf to my build when this patch goes live though.. :(
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Wall of lighting does proc concussion and off balance as well and destructive touch+knockdown and pulsar+10% decrease in total health by the way

    Plus the damage boost to wall of element that the maelstrom staff gives

    I hope you mean the damage boost to light/heavy attacks to mobs affected by wall of elements, right?

    I have spent the last 3 months working out a build that works fine for me.. I run 5x torug 5x IA infused vMA staff infused torug staff with shock glyph(got another with prismatic for stages 1,6,8 and 9 of vMA).. I do really nice in vMA now after having spent this time testing and getting my build to where it is. Infact last night I got my first no-death run a 559k score..

    My build is different from most I belive, as I don't use alot of different spells for dps, I dont use crushing shock except to interrupt on those particular mobs, and I dont use crystal frags, daedric pray and only sometimes bother with activating the pet pulse.. Infact, I can probably do vMA with ONLY Blockade and heavy attacks for damage.. Might record a run with that now that I've got the no-death achievement.. :)

    I'm looking at a really big nerf to my build when this patch goes live though.. :(

    We all are thats why i cant believe noone can think of a way to get these staffs back up to par..ive said my peice on the trying to find a solution part..but all i am being met with is denial and aggression. Check out gilliam the rogues video since he is the only one that has tested the vma changes on pts. Said vma backbar with nirn trait and beserker enchant is outperforming all traits(even when not at pen cap) and will be very strong with cwc and is still recommended for pve and trials...no testing for pvp as yet
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have always ran wall of elements. Every sorc does because they lack class aoe other than liquid lighting. It does suck for other classes but it is what it is. Even on pts right vma weapons are still bis on back bar for mag builds

    Again, sounds more like you PvE than PvP. That or youre a zergling. I love when sorcs drop wall of elements in PvP. It lets me know their TTK is low which is valuable info when trying to 1vx. Majority of PvP sorcs actually do NOT run wall of elements as people can literally side step it.

    Wow the change has been made guy. Quit trying to salvage something thats already done and over with. Nirn is so extrmely rare less than 2% of players have that trait on there vma including myself. Its nerfed it is clearly obvious and without the 180 damage boost you will have to run nirn. I am just tired of people coming on this forum and saying the same thing over and over and over and over thinking they have a valid point. No dont take the damage away you should do this instead. It boosted my poison damage. Its gone..move on...adapt and overcome. I know the whole eso community used it for a cheap small boost to weapon damage that has been stated in the other 97 posts before you.

    Ok. what is your point about nirn? I currently have a nirn frost staff (ikr xD) Currently I get 189 spell damage and can run a poison on it. Lets assume the reason you can't combine poisons w/ glyphs is because they are equivalent in what they provide builds utility/damage wise so running a glyph is the same as running a poison. How is this staff buffed next patch? It's not. Stop talking about nirhoned.
    I am trying to discuss what we can to do to help the situation and provide new options, but cant because everyone want to argue and fight with me on why its sucks..I KNOW IT SUCKS. Zos made the change not me and were losing the damage end of story. Think of something else to do with the staff bro or decon your vma staff and make a gold rubedite one.

    You're right. The first cycle into the PTS is final. If only there was a forum where players could provide feedback about changes and discuss if it promotes healthy gameplay or not...

    I'm well aware of how I can adjust my builds if necessary. All of my 11 toons have at least 2 different set ups for PvP in their inventory. First, I'd rather not have to change (not that any of my builds will, I'm advocating against a poor design choice not for any personal builds). Second. What option is there for 2-5-3 setups now that don't benefit from boosted skills. Making players feel they HAVE to run certain skills is poor design.
    I will keep mine and retrait it and use the wall of elements boost in dungeons and the master staff and asylum in pvp cause ibrun 5/3/2. Like i said if you dont use it to boost your skill synergy..which was the whole point of the weapon..find something else. I will play my way which will be my current sharpened lighting vma staff with a NIRN trait with a beserker enchant back bar with my wall of elements skill and watch adds melt while i farm the new sets with ease.

    Ok. its great that you get to play your way. Why can't people who want to use VMA play their way as well? Again you're bringing in PvE into the equation.
    Edited by IAVITNI on October 2, 2017 7:24PM
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »

    I have always ran wall of elements. Every sorc does because they lack class aoe other than liquid lighting. It does suck for other classes but it is what it is. Even on pts right vma weapons are still bis on back bar for mag builds

    Again, sounds more like you PvE than PvP. That or youre a zergling. I love when sorcs drop wall of elements in PvP. It lets me know their TTK is low which is valuable info when trying to 1vx. Majority of PvP sorcs actually do NOT run wall of elements as people can literally side step it.

    Wow the change has been made guy. Quit trying to salvage something thats already done and over with. Nirn is so extrmely rare less than 2% of players have that trait on there vma including myself. Its nerfed it is clearly obvious and without the 180 damage boost you will have to run nirn. I am just tired of people coming on this forum and saying the same thing over and over and over and over thinking they have a valid point. No dont take the damage away you should do this instead. It boosted my poison damage. Its gone..move on...adapt and overcome. I know the whole eso community used it for a cheap small boost to weapon damage that has been stated in the other 97 posts before you.

    Ok. what is your point about nirn? I currently have a nirn frost staff (ikr xD) Currently I get 189 spell damage and can run a poison on it. Lets assume the reason you can't combine poisons w/ glyphs is because they are equivalent in what they provide builds utility/damage wise so running a glyph is the same as running a poison. How is this staff buffed next patch? It's not. Stop talking about nirhoned.
    I am trying to discuss what we can to do to help the situation and provide new options, but cant because everyone want to argue and fight with me on why its sucks..I KNOW IT SUCKS. Zos made the change not me and were losing the damage end of story. Think of something else to do with the staff bro or decon your vma staff and make a gold rubedite one.

    You're right. The first cycle into the PTS is final. If only there was a forum where players could provide feedback about changes and discuss if it promotes healthy gameplay or not...

    I'm well aware of how I can adjust my builds if necessary. All of my 11 toons have at least 2 different set ups for PvP in their inventory. First, I'd rather not have to change (not that any of my builds will, I'm advocating against a poor design choice not for any personal builds). Second. What option is there for 2-5-3 setups now that don't benefit from boosted skills. Making players feel they HAVE to run certain skills is poor design.
    I will keep mine and retrait it and use the wall of elements boost in dungeons and the master staff and asylum in pvp cause ibrun 5/3/2. Like i said if you dont use it to boost your skill synergy..which was the whole point of the weapon..find something else. I will play my way which will be my current sharpened lighting vma staff with a NIRN trait with a beserker enchant back bar with my wall of elements skill and watch adds melt while i farm the new sets with ease.

    Ok. its great that you get to play your way. Why can't people who want to use VMA play their way as well? Again you're bringing in PvE into the equation.

    It effects both pve and pvp..clearly the skill the maelstrom destro staff buffs is a pve skill...and the flat damage boost is the only thing that is used in pvp with a poison..i am not a zergling i am a solo player who runs with certain guilds. Noone wants this change to happen...not one bit..i am against nerfing the vma staff..just seeing what ideas are out there if this change goes live is all i am trying to do here
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depending on the weapon this can be a nerf or a buff, for my 2h bow templar this is a massive nerf as i already get the wep dmg buff from my backbar infused bow.
    On my magplar the resto change is good i already run rapid regen to round out my heals and now i can put a different enchant on it and still get the occasional mag return.
    What the could do is make static wep dmg enchant that gives you the dmg at all times like the current vma weps, but you couldnt put prison on it too.
    This would gives acess to this enchant to all weapons as well which is good.
    As it stands all my vma 2handers are about to become obsolete, as the dot on crit change is kinda weak. Why would i run their weapons when i can get better stats by running either a second 5 piece or swap my agility +vma wep to like a 4 piece spriggans or morags and have better stats? Again on some vma weps this change is good, on some its terrible.
    Maybe just revisit them like giving you extra range or dmg on crit change or a heal since the 2h is already a pvp focused weapon.
    I like, many others have spent hundreds of hours grinding these weapons both for pve and pvp.
    It not asking for these items to be overpowered, but at least make them good enough to be considered and worth getting.
    The master daggers for example are getting a nice buff to the bleed damage while the 2hander remains the same even though most ppl didnt use them for the extra dot.
    /Rant
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

    It effects both pve and pvp..clearly the skill the maelstrom destro staff buffs is a pve skill...and the flat damage boost is the only thing that is used in pvp with a poison..i am not a zergling i am a solo player who runs with certain guilds. Noone wants this change to happen...not one bit..i am against nerfing the vma staff..just seeing what ideas are out there if this change goes live is all i am trying to do here

    Ok fair enough. I'm not saying I am against this change 100%. For PvE i think its great that they get this after all the nerf that PvP has given them.

    I just think that this design decision pigeon holes certain types of builds and kills build diversity in the sense that it removes certain builds without creating alternatives. Yes it may only remove 1 or 2 builds, but any build lost outside of balance requirements is damaging to a game that is meant to be play-your-way
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed not to see any notes in the latest PTS that mentions the option to revert to the original WP/SP damage enchant, ZOS.
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    But if you have an infused MA weapon, and a weapon and spell damage enchant, then if it's golded, you can proc the enchant every two seconds, and the dmg enchant lasts for 5 seconds and is over 400 damage, so it seems with this change, you'll be getting more weapon/spell damage, but forgoing the additional enchant (from a fire, shock, or poison glyph, etc.). Unless my math is wrong, or there's an intrinsic factor in weapon enchant procs I don't know about.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have done VMA a total of 1 time and I got a charged destro staff and I still think that they should revert the change, I feel so bad for all of you guys that grinder vma so hard
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But if you have an infused MA weapon, and a weapon and spell damage enchant, then if it's golded, you can proc the enchant every two seconds, and the dmg enchant lasts for 5 seconds and is over 400 damage, so it seems with this change, you'll be getting more weapon/spell damage, but forgoing the additional enchant (from a fire, shock, or poison glyph, etc.). Unless my math is wrong, or there's an intrinsic factor in weapon enchant procs I don't know about.

    You can currently have that glyph with infused on the back bar, proc it and then swap to from bar and get the extra 189 from that weapon AND the 400ish from the back bar for the duration. Not that hard of concept.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they did anything it should just be buffing the Maelstrom weapons that are lackluster. Right now only a couple of Maelstrom weapons are worth grinding for namely the Greatsword and Destro Staff and the current damage bonus is the only reason they're used in a few builds. Changing them to now just use regular weapon glyphs means the current builds are no longer viable. Vet Maelstrom is among the hardest content in the game, the weapons should be worth the time or noone is going to run it.
    Edited by Twohothardware on October 5, 2017 3:03AM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS will never listen and eill proceed with changes as their plan.

    VMA, VDSA not worth much grinding,

    Simply destroying these weapons!

    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on October 5, 2017 5:54AM
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, Master/Maelstrom/Asylum Weapons should be of the same "power level" as a Monster Set (Head + Shoulders), or even more powerful, by the difficulty of achieving! In fact, this addition of Enchantment was necessary, with or without the nerf!

    Full Monster Set
    * Two Glyph Enchantments (Head + Shoulders)
    * 1-piece Bonus [Max Attributes/Critical, Damage Bonus, Penetration etc]
    * 2-piece Bonus [Effect]

    Master/Maelstrom/Asylum Weapons
    * One Glyph Enchantment
    * 1-piece Bonus [Max Attributes/Critical and Damage Bonus]
    * 2-piece Bonus [Effect]

    My sugestion? Weapon/Spell Damage bonus for Master/Maelstrom/Asylum Weapons, and all future Weapons! (no more Max Max Attributes/Critical)
    Value? 50% of the current bonus! Today is 189 Weapon/Spell Damage, right? So 94!

    In other words,

    The Maelstrom Lightning Staff [CP 160, Legendary - Golden]
    * Weapon Glyph Enchantment
    * Bonus: 94 Spell Damage
    * Effect: Targets affected by Wall of Elements take X additional Damage from your Light Attacks and Heavy Attacks.

    Removing the bonus completely is making the Weapons useless. Some people only use these Weapons because two-handed weapons (Two-Handed, Bow, Staves) occupy only 1-piece normal set, not two. That is, there are no more reasons now.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The removal of the flat 189 weapon damage from the maelstrom 2h weapons hurts the healing for stamina nightblades. What was the point of "buffing" their survival in the HOTR patch if you are voluntarily or unknowingly nerfing vigor and rally heals with this change. Seriously who is doing these decisions without thinking about the overall spectrum of the game? who is in charge lol?

    Why not make changes for people who are actually hurting the game that are just running around with sword and board stacking as much damage mitigation as possible and holing block. We call them L2 builds here on ps4 na.
    Edited by Kalante on October 5, 2017 10:14AM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's so simple to change this so that at least players have a choice. It's frustrating they can't see it.

    1) Move the skill modification from the unique enchant to a 1-piece set bonus so it's permanent. Like they have already done
    2) Leave the stat bonus as a unique enchant with permanent effect
    3) Fix the unique enchant so that the stat bonus gets correctly suppressed when using Poisons.

    So you either get the stat bonus or you get the Poison effects but not both. At least then you have a choice instead of losing the stat bonus a priori.

    It's still not ideal, because the spell damage bonus of the vMA weapons was better than the skill modifications. But at least it's better than the current implementation and let's us choose.

    Edited by Maulkin on October 5, 2017 11:02AM
    EU | PC | AD
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    It's so simple to change this so that at least players have a choice. It's frustrating they can't see it.

    1) Move the skill modification from the unique enchant to a 1-piece set bonus so it's permanent. Like they have already done
    2) Leave the stat bonus as a unique enchant with permanent effect
    3) Fix the unique enchant so that the stat bonus gets correctly suppressed when using Poisons.

    So you either get the stat bonus or you get the Poison effects but not both. At least then you have a choice instead of losing the stat bonus a priori.

    It's still not ideal, because the spell damage bonus of the vMA weapons was better than the skill modifications. But at least it's better than the current implementation and let's us choose.

    Agree with everything, but your 3rd point. Fixing assumes something is broken. Which you further implied by saying 'correctly'. Poison not suppressing the damage/stat enchant was intended mechanic.

    So even if they did what you suggest and somehow decided that this time poison will suppress the enchant, it is still pretty big nerf, better than current pts version only by very small margin.
    Edited by SodanTok on October 5, 2017 12:03PM


  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    The removal of the flat 189 weapon damage from the maelstrom 2h weapons hurts the healing for stamina nightblades. What was the point of "buffing" their survival in the HOTR patch if you are voluntarily or unknowingly nerfing vigor and rally heals with this change. Seriously who is doing these decisions without thinking about the overall spectrum of the game? who is in charge lol?

    Why not make changes for people who are actually hurting the game that are just running around with sword and board stacking as much damage mitigation as possible and holing block. We call them L2 builds here on ps4 na.

    In addition to hurting the healing for stamina nightblades it also hurts their initial damage done from stealth. That 189 weapon damage from stealth is now gone, and they only way to replicate it would be to make a weapon damage enchant proc.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't understand their thought process. Do they know how meh the actual enchant of the vMA 2h is? 1k dot on a gapcloser, halved in PvP. Its just not logical to use often.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 8, 2017 5:59PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Maulkin wrote: »
    It's so simple to change this so that at least players have a choice. It's frustrating they can't see it.

    1) Move the skill modification from the unique enchant to a 1-piece set bonus so it's permanent. Like they have already done
    2) Leave the stat bonus as a unique enchant with permanent effect
    3) Fix the unique enchant so that the stat bonus gets correctly suppressed when using Poisons.

    So you either get the stat bonus or you get the Poison effects but not both. At least then you have a choice instead of losing the stat bonus a priori.

    It's still not ideal, because the spell damage bonus of the vMA weapons was better than the skill modifications. But at least it's better than the current implementation and let's us choose.

    Agree with everything, but your 3rd point. Fixing assumes something is broken. Which you further implied by saying 'correctly'. Poison not suppressing the damage/stat enchant was intended mechanic.

    So even if they did what you suggest and somehow decided that this time poison will suppress the enchant, it is still pretty big nerf, better than current pts version only by very small margin.

    Did they go on record with that? Because if not, all I know is that if you re-enchanted the weapon you lost the stat buff. So it was part of the enchantment. Which means when poisons are applied (remember the weapon is older than poisons) then theoretically the stat bonus should be suppressed.

    I don't think my suggestion was only marginally better. For example if you are building DPS build for dungeons/trials that 189 spell/weapon damage is worth considering in exchange for a monster set, if you don't feel the need to run sustain poisons on the front bar. Without that stat buff however most vMA/vDSA weapons are worthless even for PvE. Nevermind PvP. So having the option of keeping the stat buff makes quite a bit of difference to your build decision.

    Anyway, there's a very big disparity between the power of skill modification enchants. Some are useless, some are great. For the great ones having a stat buff on top of poisons would make them basically OP. Imagine a Perfect Asylum Destro with 189 Spell Damage buff as well as proc'ing 3 status effects and Poisons. On the other hand for others the stat was the only reason to equip them.

    Unless the skill modifications are brought more inline, it's hard to call the stat buffs as OP or as absolutely necessary for the weapon to anything more than decon fodder. It really depends on the weapon.
    EU | PC | AD
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Maulkin wrote: »
    It's so simple to change this so that at least players have a choice. It's frustrating they can't see it.

    1) Move the skill modification from the unique enchant to a 1-piece set bonus so it's permanent. Like they have already done
    2) Leave the stat bonus as a unique enchant with permanent effect
    3) Fix the unique enchant so that the stat bonus gets correctly suppressed when using Poisons.

    So you either get the stat bonus or you get the Poison effects but not both. At least then you have a choice instead of losing the stat bonus a priori.

    It's still not ideal, because the spell damage bonus of the vMA weapons was better than the skill modifications. But at least it's better than the current implementation and let's us choose.

    Agree with everything, but your 3rd point. Fixing assumes something is broken. Which you further implied by saying 'correctly'. Poison not suppressing the damage/stat enchant was intended mechanic.

    So even if they did what you suggest and somehow decided that this time poison will suppress the enchant, it is still pretty big nerf, better than current pts version only by very small margin.

    Did they go on record with that? Because if not, all I know is that if you re-enchanted the weapon you lost the stat buff. So it was part of the enchantment. Which means when poisons are applied (remember the weapon is older than poisons) then theoretically the stat bonus should be suppressed.

    I don't think my suggestion was only marginally better. For example if you are building DPS build for dungeons/trials that 189 spell/weapon damage is worth considering in exchange for a monster set, if you don't feel the need to run sustain poisons on the front bar. Without that stat buff however most vMA/vDSA weapons are worthless even for PvE. Nevermind PvP. So having the option of keeping the stat buff makes quite a bit of difference to your build decision.

    Anyway, there's a very big disparity between the power of skill modification enchants. Some are useless, some are great. For the great ones having a stat buff on top of poisons would make them basically OP. Imagine a Perfect Asylum Destro with 189 Spell Damage buff as well as proc'ing 3 status effects and Poisons. On the other hand for others the stat was the only reason to equip them.

    Unless the skill modifications are brought more inline, it's hard to call the stat buffs as OP or as absolutely necessary for the weapon to anything more than decon fodder. It really depends on the weapon.

    Based on patch notes back when poisons were released, they were intentionally supposed to block just the active not the passive (stat) part of enchant. Re-enchanting removes whole enchant.

    You are right, your suggestion would have bigger than marginal impact for some scenarios, but for majority of PVP it would still be pretty big nerf.

    And I agree some weapon like asylum 2h would be too OP with both stat and poison, but this is, again, new change. They could keep the enchants (and their poison interaction) on all vma or master. There is no reason to add them to asylum too. But then again, everybody running vma staff or vma 2h got his weapon destroyed and new, better, more interesting weapons came from same DLC. I guess that was the real intention all along?


  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3.2.3 was released and still no option to revert. Don't give us the middle finger on this, ZOS.
  • Traaginen
    Traaginen
    ✭✭
    Bump.

    This change is truly terrible. Many have hundreds/thousands of hours invested into getting these weapons... Only to have them become utterly useless with the exception of 1-2 weapons in highly specific scenarios. These weapons SHOULD be really powerful given the RNG / difficulty gate that they're locked behind.
  • lappas
    lappas
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm this change is so bad and everyone knows why they are doing it. So that you have to get the new best weapon asylum ..
    Kind of cheap to nerf the previous best just so ppl have to change
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be much better if ZOS just gave us the OPTION to keep the weapons the way they were. If we want to enchant them, then the new enchant can replace the "extraneous" (as they call it) bonuses.

    All this change did was nerf Nightblades because removing the weapon/spell damage from the weapons means that Nightblades' damage from stealth won't have the weapon/spell damage that originally came from the weapons. You'll have to be in combat now to trigger the weapon enchant that gives more weapon/spell damage.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be much better if ZOS just gave us the OPTION to keep the weapons the way they were. If we want to enchant them, then the new enchant can replace the "extraneous" (as they call it) bonuses.

    All this change did was nerf Nightblades because removing the weapon/spell damage from the weapons means that Nightblades' damage from stealth won't have the weapon/spell damage that originally came from the weapons. You'll have to be in combat now to trigger the weapon enchant that gives more weapon/spell damage.

    Haven’t laughed that hard in ages. Thanks
    EU | PC | AD
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Buffed except if your looking to gain both weapon damage on top of a poison. Poison builds nerf... nicee...

    The poisons working with maelstrom weapons was an obvious bug.

    The difference between bug and feature is really foggy when something is part of the game for nearly year and half. Calling it bug is opinion at that point. Obvious bug just stupidity.

    They confirmed when they came out that it was not a bug, it was actually bugged where you didn't get the weapon damage with poison at one point and they fixed it and was in the patch notes that you now get weapon damage with poison effect.
    PC-NA

    Necromancer

    Flawless Conqueror

    https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Time to bring those "extraneous" stat bonuses back...
  • LSKidson
    LSKidson
    ✭✭
    The value of these "special" weapons goes down more and more each patch now it seems. These weapons are meant to be superior to set weapons in most circumstances. I think the WD/SD and Stam/Mag that these weapons used to give should return with summerset to add value back to these weapons. I believe they used to give 1.5 times a normal stat boost (maelstrom). I think 1x would be a better balance point.
    PC-NA 720+ CP, PvX
    Mag Nightblade, Stam Dragonknight
Sign In or Register to comment.