Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you WANT optional Accountwide Settings/Achivements and more? And if so, which things exactly?

Avrael
Avrael
✭✭✭✭
Ok, i didnt made my "old" poll good enough, with only 2 very specific and bad formulated vote options. And because you cant edit polls ofc, ill make this new one now, look at the other one for a lot more information!

What ive learned from the old poll is, most people would be ok with some accountwide Achivements and things like Mount Training and research, but not with Crafting Skills, Skillpoints and more. And, of course, EVERYTHING should be optional! Nothing should be forced to be shared in any way.
One idea is now to make not all, but some Achivements accountwide (in my opinion it would make sense to make things like general achivements, for instance Trophys and Exploration accountwide, but Char-Specific things like Dungeon or Raid and Crafting Achivements Char bound, but write your opinion down below!)

A few people dont want all Motives to be accountwide, but thats one point i would want to be accountwide... i can see that it would devalue most of them, and that you only craft with one char, but thats one point for me! (And i dont want to buy a 300k Motif multible times just for Achivements...) I dont want to be able to only craft on one char. I dont want to change Chars for every Potion or Belt i make, and not for the "time" it takes, not that i dont want to switch, that takes not a lot of time, but i DONT, as many others, see Characters as individual and completley seperated entities, but the Account as one. And just from princible because i achived that already on my Account. And i just dont want to research another 10 Months on 10 more Chars to being able to do that what i already can... on only one char.

As i already said, YOU are the person, the player behind it all, not only one Character! If you researched something on one character, and dont have it on another anymore, that may seem logical at first, but if you dont see them as individuals, but your entire Account as one thing, YOU are the Character that achived that all, then it makes no sense anymore to have it restricted at all. And not everyone has to understand this, but i and a few others want to use the entire Account as one thing, and not every Char for something diffrent, or only one Char for everything, and the others just for... idk to be honest.
And im talking still ONLY about the motives and research times, the Crafting Skilllines itself, you all are right, are quick enough to level, thats not the problem at all, i dont want any Skillines done on other Chars, because they cost skillpoints that should NOT be shared to all Chars! To level the pure skilline takes literally 20-30mins per craft.

Ok, to Achivements and stuff. As i said, for me it would make sense to make things accountwide like (again, just for instance!):

- Exploration. (Even if it makes no sense if you look at it from, again, a Characters Prospective). But noone, NOONE wants to explore all locations again, and IF they do, again, everything here will not be FORCED, it will be OPTIONAL! If you want to make a new Char from scratch, you still would be able to, just as you like, what i mean and want is only the Option to being able to get some Achivements and Locations (and more stuff) on all of my chars, because i just have it all already. I dont want ANYTHING i dont have already, no Achivements, no locations, no researches, no motives, thats not at all what im asking for, keep that in mind!
- Quests. Same Reason as for Exploration, if you want it completley new on a char, you can still do it, but sometimes you dont want to do all quests again, but i want to have the Achivement for it, because i have done it already. (And ive done every quest in the game so far.)
- Research. Already talked about above, but anyways. Do you want to research everything for months multible times for your chars? Again, not because you cant change to a char that has the crafting skills to craft something, but because, again, you already have it...
- Motives. At least some. I dont want to pay 5x 800k for one full motif for an Achivement, and for crafting it.
- Mount timer. I personally dont care about that one as much, but a lot of others ive seen do. And it would make a lot of sense, because it takes nothing but time... a goddarn lot of time! And slow mounts are pretty disgusting...
- More... (YOUR Ideas!)

Ok, before i write any more, lets start the poll, and now i will make again only 2 options, but if you vote "Yes, i want some things to be accountwide." you can formulate on your own exactly what you would wish for, and what you dont want as well! For no i guess its still just... no, if youre just completley against any form of accountwide sharing of... anything. I cant see why anyone would be opposed to everything about this topic, but i already know there are some people. If you are NOT opposed to everything, and even want only 1 thing to being shared accountwide thats not already, vote yes and write everything you are for and against, doesent matter how much or less.

EDIT: One thing i wanted to talk about is, how another game handled this. This game was Trove, and its very, VERY simplistic, but the Character was build like this: You had ca. 20 classes, and could choose between them with the click of one button, all on only one char, that holds the inventory, achivements and mounts, but not the Level/Experience. I know this is probably hard to implement for other, more complex online games, but it was the best Character System i had ever seen in any game... sadly it makes not a lot of Fun (anymore), so thats one of the only things that are still great about it. xD
Edited by Avrael on September 13, 2017 7:47PM
"I mustache you a question."
"Well shave it for later."

Do you WANT optional Accountwide Settings/Achivements and more? And if so, which things exactly? 119 votes

YES, i would be (only) for the optional accountwide sharing of the following:
67%
SirAndyMorbashthesilverball_ESOGilvothArtisMojmirWuffyCeruleiBl4ckPopeDarkstorneKodeAnath_QKetarmishmingimingiNornLoralai_907Livvyabuniffpreub18_ESOxSkullfoxLinaleahMagus 80 votes
No, im opposed to everything about this topic and dont want anything to be shared accountwide!
32%
Nestorvailjohn_ESOSigtricKhenarthistatic_rechargeidkSheezabeastTavore1138ShadzillaLonestryderMasterSpatulaIluvrienOzstrykerTandorkargen27McIHvzedasmacx250Easily_LostRuns 39 votes
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes because at PC launch i divided a lot of tasks between my 4 mains.

3 of them are also dedicated master crafters, each specializing in 2 crafting lines (Woodworker/Enchanter + Blacksmith/Provisioner + Clothier/Alchemist)

The problem with that setup is that no single character will ever have all achievements although combined as a group they do, including all master crafter achievements and crafting motifs.
    shades.gif
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, im opposed to everything about this topic and dont want anything to be shared accountwide!
    Sorry I am mr negative on this.

I like each character doing it's own thing, having its own achieves and everything else. I get that it makes something like fishing take ages if you wish to do it multiple times but this game has been around 3 years and with luck and good dlc might be around for several more - so I want doing everything to take a long time so I don't bet bored.

Just my view, don't shoot me for it....
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You made a lot of assumptions. Many players enjoy the quests and like taking new characters through the content.

And again you can't do the content without a character. You and that specific character gains the achievement. When you log onto another character that particular player/character combination has a different list of accomplishments that in my opinion shouldn't be shared.

No way titles for accomplishments should be shared. Like I said in the other thread if people want the trophies and achievement furnishings to be account wide so long as it is optional I don't care. Personally I think it takes away from the game but others don't feel that way obviously.

MMOs survive on content being repeated. That is why they have random drops. To make you repeat content. Making exploration character specific is another way to make sure content is repeated. No way exploring nor quests should be account wide. Beyond that to me it makes no sense to make a new character if you don't want to do any of the content. I know some players that PvP only power level but even after that they still have to spend a lot of time getting down the new rotations and all that fun stuff.

When you start a new character they should have no skills, no achievements, no skyshards, no discovered wayshrines and no completed quests. You start a new character to play the game. You and that one character work as a team to get those achievements. You couldn't do it without the character and the character couldn't do it without you. When you jump onto a different character you should have a different list of accomplishments because the particular player/character combination hasn't done the same thing.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Account wide settings such as keybinds and guild chat colors would be a great addition to ESO.
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horse lessons, dyes, skyshards, lorebooks
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    As i said, in the game Trove you only have 1 Character but 20 classes, and that works perfectly fine. They ruined the game with other updates, and thats another story, this was the best feature they had by far. All claims that diffrent Characters should do diffrent things only because theyre not the same... Char (but are on the same Account, from the same person, in the same game), dont quite lets me see what exactly opposes you about the idea to share things on one Account.
    YOU dont have to use it if you dont want to! I feel like NOONE that is against this topic realizes that really. It would all be OPTIONAL! EVERYTHING would be like now at this moment, but with the OPTION for people that WANT some things to be shared, to be able to share them! Its not that hard to understand that, and dont think "Nah... i dont want that, so f you too." :C

EDIT: I should have made the "No" Option to: "No, and i dont want anyone else to have this Optional Option that i dont HAVE to use, because nah."
    Edited by Avrael on September 13, 2017 8:42PM
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't really care about the achievements, but we really should have optional account-wide skyshards and mount training. The skyshards on most of my alts are just sitting around collecting cosmic dust because I refuse to collect them all more than once.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry. so sorry. but I'm going to have to bring other MMO's into it. there are multiple MMO's where achievements are shared. but quests? are NOT. that achievements and titles are shared doesn't mean that you only ever get to do them on a single character. you can still do all the content on multiple characters, in fact - achievement being shared =/= what it took to get an achievement is shared. lets take skyshards. skyshard achievement doesn't mean all characters start out with all the soulshards already gathered. on the contrary. they still have to go and gather each and every one. all it does is work in the ways that dyes do already. cosmetically - its unlocked. for practical purposes - you still need to do the work.

so why have it shared? because then for something like, say buying decorations, I can work on various parts on various characters and feel like I'm making an overall progress. it already works this way no merely for dyes, but also for collections based decorations like undaunted trophies and Vvardenfel map.

well.. there's one achievement I would really want shared in every practical way. monster kills and oh dear god, monster trophies. becasue with trophy collections especially because its so rng dependent.

to reiterate. achievement showing up for all your characters doesn't mean your characters cannot, or don't need to do the quests. skill lines still need to be leveled. skyshards still need to be gathered. etc. etc.

incidentally.. even though, all my houses were earned and bought by my nightblade, every single character of mine can travel to every single one of them. I have already mentioned dyes, but earned costumes and pets and mounts are also shared. so we are already half way there

to reiterate, i am against sharing functional parts of achievements (other then ability to shop for decorations without having to switch between characters).

while horse leveling being account-wide, would be lovely, I think just making training instantaneous, while still requiring the gold to pay for it, to me would be a better solution. but I come from games where it doesn't take 6 months for your mount to run at top speed (of course in those games, its level locked instead, but leveling is faster then unavoidable timegate of ESO)

I just think that its silly that we already have partial sharing, but only up to an arbitrary point. why share dyes, costumes, pets, mounts but NOT titles? for example
    Edited by Linaleah on September 13, 2017 8:51PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets speak a bit about what Achivements are and do... they do nothing, you dont need them, and are cosmetic in nature if you want to say so.
    And thats exactly whats appealing about them, BUT why i dont want to do them multible times! If i fish every fish in the entire game, and then on another char have 0 fish, thats straight up a darn lie! I have fished everything there is! Just "only" on one char! But I did it, so why dont i get the credit for it ony my account?

BUT i see the point with the quests... to be honest, it would be ok to have the option to get them too again, but i would not even do that, because i WANT to play through the entire game again with another char... but i dont want to do every Achivement i already have again, and research, and Motifs (which counts to achivements), and probably Mount timer.
    Everyone has diffrent opinions on this topic, and this thread it so collect as many as possible, even if they are negative. But i would love to hear logical Arguments that really speak AGAINST it, and not only "I dont want that and i dont know how to not accidently activate the optional Setting if it gets implemented."
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tl;dr

Sorry I didn't read the 8 paragraphs in the OP, most sizable.

I did gleam a few things.

Most would be optional. It's really not. It would never be optional. Either an achievement would be shared or it would not be. If this is being added to somehow make it palatable to Zos then just FYI, they'll see through that.

The one thing I noticed OP mention he wanted account wide as an achievement is motifs. That's the last thing Zos would make account wide. They sell motifs in the crown store.

Maybe Zos could come to a middle ground. Achievement points are account wide and maybe able to see a page that shows all achievements across all characters. However, the actual achievements remain led character. This would lock something like the Master Fishinh title to the character that actually earned it but players could get excited in their total achiement points. It would also.

The account wide achiement list could not be linked. No part of it. Only the character specific achiement could.

Also, the poll still has a poor design. No reply for someone who is middle ground. The answer of no is certainly worded to be very biased. Something that would certainly steer Zos away from considering.
    Edited by idk on September 13, 2017 8:54PM
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Tl;dr

If you didnt read it all, please dont vote... at all. Thats just unfair to all other people who read everything and vote for the opposite thing. I hope you realize that.

And what Zos would do and what not, is another topic, this is ONLY for you players, to gather information and oppinions.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avrael wrote: »
    Lets speak a bit about what Achivements are and do... they do nothing, you dont need them, and are cosmetic in nature if you want to say so.
    And thats exactly whats appealing about them, BUT why i dont want to do them multible times! If i fish every fish in the entire game, and then on another char have 0 fish, thats straight up a darn lie! I have fished everything there is! Just "only" on one char! But I did it, so why dont i get the credit for it ony my account?

BUT i see the point with the quests... to be honest, it would be ok to have the option to get them too again, but i would not even do that, because i WANT to play through the entire game again with another char... but i dont want to do every Achivement i already have again, and research, and Motifs (which counts to achivements), and probably Mount timer.
    Everyone has diffrent opinions on this topic, and this thread it so collect as many as possible, even if they are negative. But i would love to hear logical Arguments that really speak AGAINST it, and not only "I dont want that and i dont know how to not accidently activate the optional Setting if it gets implemented."

Your character didn't do it and we are playing this game in the characters world, not ours.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't anyone make a poll question simple with yes/no/other and leave the biased junk answers out of it?

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Why can't anyone make a poll question simple with yes/no/other and leave the biased junk answers out of it?

Because you never can make everyone happy, doesent matter what i write as the options...
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

3 of them are also dedicated master crafters, each specializing in 2 crafting lines (Woodworker/Enchanter + Blacksmith/Provisioner + Clothier/Alchemist)

The problem with that setup is that no single character will ever have all achievements although combined as a group they do, including all master crafter achievements and crafting motifs.
    shades.gif

@SirAndy
    I am 100% on the same boat. The two things I did very early on (and will never do again) was research and collect all known motifs on one toon, and get my Hero of Tamriel title on another. Since then, I have a third toon that has emerged as my main trial DPS, and a forth that has become my main PVP toon. It pains me when people talk about their Total Achievement points, because mine will never be that great. If anything, it discourages me from going after some of the more obscure achievements, because my achievement points are simply irrelevant to me at this point.
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Your character didn't do it and we are playing this game in the characters world, not ours.

But the game, and with it the characters world, is in our world. owo -Philosophie intensifies-
    Edited by Avrael on September 13, 2017 9:09PM
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    Sharing earned titles devalues the accomplishments, I think. Also, it would look ridiculous to see a level 10 running around with the Flawless Conqueror title, because that character didn't flawlessly conquer anything. If you want a character to have a specific title, earn it. If you already earned it on one character, wear it proudly. However, I am in favor of shared mount training, because I'm spoiled and love my 60 speed so much. But as far as crafting achievements, I'm fine with them separated because I have a character that is a master crafter. I don't need other characters to be too, and (again), I feel it would devalue my accomplishments for a character to wear a title that wasn't earned on that character.

All that said, god do I hate collecting skyshards on my alts (and not for the achievement, just so that I can use all the skills I want)
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because you never can make everyone happy, doesent matter what i write as the options...

Yes/No/Other

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any changes to controls/key bindings should be account wide. Some achievments could be account wide but story, guild, exploration, and kill achievments should stay character only.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Tl;dr

Most would be optional. It's really not. It would never be optional. Either an achievement would be shared or it would not be. If this is being added to somehow make it palatable to Zos then just FYI, they'll see through that.

The one thing I noticed OP mention he wanted account wide as an achievement is motifs. That's the last thing Zos would make account wide. They sell motifs in the crown store.

Maybe Zos could come to a middle ground. Achievement points are account wide and maybe able to see a page that shows all achievements across all characters. However, the actual achievements remain led character. This would lock something like the Master Fishinh title to the character that actually earned it but players could get excited in their total achiement points. It would also.

The account wide achiement list could not be linked. No part of it. Only the character specific achiement could.

Also, the poll still has a poor design. No reply for someone who is middle ground. The answer of no is certainly worded to be very biased. Something that would certainly steer Zos away from considering.

I dont think it would be terribly complicated to leave each individual character achievement as is, and add an additional account wide achievement tab as well that showed total progress on the account. The only variables would be as to what to do with Titles and Dyes. As Dyes are account wide, I would suggest having them be satisfied with account wide achievements. As Titles are character specific, I would tie them to the current character specific achievement tab. It really would not be that hard to implement.

If there is a downside to this that I am missing, please enlighten me.
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes/No/Other

Would not make everyone happy. And nothing even remotley possible to write, would.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shades.gif
    @SirAndy
    I am 100% on the same boat. The two things I did very early on (and will never do again) was research and collect all known motifs on one toon, and get my Hero of Tamriel title on another. Since then, I have a third toon that has emerged as my main trial DPS, and a forth that has become my main PVP toon. It pains me when people talk about their Total Achievement points, because mine will never be that great. If anything, it discourages me from going after some of the more obscure achievements, because my achievement points are simply irrelevant to me at this point.
    @Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Yepp, same here, 4 mains, different races, factions and classes.
    3 master crafters in their two disciplines, one a dedicated PvP/Trial/Dungeon DPS.

Across my 4 mains, i have mastered all crafts, collected (almost) all motifs, recipes, blueprints etc. and got most of the "normal" achievements, found all lorebooks, etc. etc. etc.

Playing with multiple mains was actually easier in the beginning as each could concentrate on their respective professions and spent skill points there.

It wasn't at all clear at PC launch that the whole achievement section would blow up to today's proportions. If i had to start over, i would try to cram everything into one character even though i love having 4 mains.
    sad2.gif
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But the game, and with it the characters world, is in our world. owo -Philosophie intensifies-

Okay so the two of you did it together. Don't sully the achievement by just giving it to the other characters. That is even worse than handing out participation ribbons.

Again so long as it is an option I don't care if the trophies and achievement furnishings are shared but no way the titles should be. With questing and exploring though that should be character specific. In fact it pretty much has to be to keep the game viable.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start with all the chat text / social / gameplay / combat text / audio / video and such settings. Get that stuff universal across an account PRONTO.

Xbox NA
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think it would be terribly complicated to leave each individual character achievement as is, and add an additional account wide achievement tab as well that showed total progress on the account. The only variables would be as to what to do with Titles and Dyes. As Dyes are account wide, I would suggest having them be satisfied with account wide achievements. As Titles are character specific, I would tie them to the current character specific achievement tab. It really would not be that hard to implement.
    If there is a downside to this that I am missing, please enlighten me.
    agree.gif
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all know why people want Motifs account wide, and it's not for achievements. And it's not for convenience either. Its so they can get more Master Writs.

You know why I know it's not for convenience? We are not crafting items all the time for ourselves or other people. I make one set of gear every two weeks, if that. And I have 14 Alts and I craft for my guild.

As for Achievements, well some of them need to be hard to get and take effort. Making them account wide just cheapens them. For example, the one for opening 1000 Chests. I have over 3000 chests opened on my characters account wide, but only one has the 1000 achievement. I am fine with that.

As for Titles, use them on the character that earns them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shades.gif
    @SirAndy
    @Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Yepp, same here, 4 mains, different races, factions and classes.
    3 master crafters in their two disciplines, one a dedicated PvP/Trial/Dungeon DPS.

Across my 4 mains, i have mastered all crafts, collected (almost) all motifs, recipes, blueprints etc. and got most of the "normal" achievements, found all lorebooks, etc. etc. etc.

Playing with multiple mains was actually easier in the beginning as each could concentrate on their respective professions and spent skill points there.

It wasn't at all clear at PC launch that the whole achievement section would blow up to today's proportions. If i had to start over, i would try to cram everything into one character even though i love having 4 mains.
    sad2.gif

@SirAndy

I have played since beta, but this was my first MMO. I had no idea what this would snowball into *cough cough* 14 characters later. I have always been a completionist, but in most games, achievements arent tied to a character. You can play the game through 10 times to get them all if you want. It's a shame, because I think the current system discourages that mindset to some degree. As you stated, early on I felt like we were encouraged to spread things around. This guy is my crafter, and this other guy runs dungeons, etc. 3 years later, it it seems that was perhaps a bad move.

Also, your emoji skills rival your VMA skills, and that, my friend, is saying something! Haha
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievements, specially titles.

Skyshards (I don't see the point in doing exactly the same content in the same way with no challenge whatesoever).
  • MrBetadine
    MrBetadine
    ✭✭✭✭
    You made a lot of assumptions. Many players enjoy the quests and like taking new characters through the content.

And again you can't do the content without a character. You and that specific character gains the achievement. When you log onto another character that particular player/character combination has a different list of accomplishments that in my opinion shouldn't be shared.

No way titles for accomplishments should be shared. Like I said in the other thread if people want the trophies and achievement furnishings to be account wide so long as it is optional I don't care. Personally I think it takes away from the game but others don't feel that way obviously.

MMOs survive on content being repeated. That is why they have random drops. To make you repeat content. Making exploration character specific is another way to make sure content is repeated. No way exploring nor quests should be account wide. Beyond that to me it makes no sense to make a new character if you don't want to do any of the content. I know some players that PvP only power level but even after that they still have to spend a lot of time getting down the new rotations and all that fun stuff.

When you start a new character they should have no skills, no achievements, no skyshards, no discovered wayshrines and no completed quests. You start a new character to play the game. You and that one character work as a team to get those achievements. You couldn't do it without the character and the character couldn't do it without you. When you jump onto a different character you should have a different list of accomplishments because the particular player/character combination hasn't done the same thing.

Inconsistency: I have 660+ cp right from the start if I make a new char.
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see a mixture of account and character specific achievements, it would just make sense! More than anything i would like to see account wide riding skills and skyshards, doubt skyshards will ever happen though.