Ok, i didnt made my "old" poll
good enough, with only 2 very specific and bad formulated vote options. And because you cant edit polls ofc, ill make this new one now, look at the other one for a lot more information!
What ive learned from the old poll is, most people would be ok with some accountwide Achivements and things like Mount Training and research, but not with Crafting Skills, Skillpoints and more. And, of course, EVERYTHING should be optional! Nothing should be forced to be shared in any way.
One idea is now to make not all, but some Achivements accountwide (in my opinion it would make sense to make things like general achivements, for instance Trophys and Exploration accountwide, but Char-Specific things like Dungeon or Raid and Crafting Achivements Char bound, but write your opinion down below!)
A few people dont want all Motives to be accountwide, but thats one point i would want to be accountwide... i can see that it would devalue most of them, and that you only craft with one char, but thats one point for me! (And i dont want to buy a 300k Motif multible times just for Achivements...) I dont want to be able to only craft on one char. I dont want to change Chars for every Potion or Belt i make, and not for the "time" it takes, not that i dont want to switch, that takes not a lot of time, but i DONT, as many others, see Characters as individual and completley seperated entities, but the Account as one. And just from princible because i achived that already on my Account. And i just dont want to research another 10 Months on 10 more Chars to being able to do that what i already can... on only one char.
As i already said, YOU are the person, the player behind it all, not only one Character! If you researched something on one character, and dont have it on another anymore, that may seem logical at first, but if you dont see them as individuals, but your entire Account as one thing, YOU are the Character that achived that all, then it makes no sense anymore to have it restricted at all. And not everyone has to understand this, but i and a few others want to use the entire Account as one thing, and not every Char for something diffrent, or only one Char for everything, and the others just for... idk to be honest.
And im talking still ONLY about the motives and research times, the Crafting Skilllines itself, you all are right, are quick enough to level, thats not the problem at all, i dont want any Skillines done on other Chars, because they cost skillpoints that should NOT be shared to all Chars! To level the pure skilline takes literally 20-30mins per craft.
Ok, to Achivements and stuff. As i said, for me it would make sense to make things accountwide like (again, just for instance!):
- Exploration. (Even if it makes no sense if you look at it from, again, a Characters Prospective). But noone, NOONE wants to explore all locations again, and IF they do, again, everything here will not be FORCED, it will be OPTIONAL! If you want to make a new Char from scratch, you still would be able to, just as you like, what i mean and want is only the Option to being able to get some Achivements and Locations (and more stuff) on all of my chars, because i just have it all already. I dont want ANYTHING i dont have already, no Achivements, no locations, no researches, no motives, thats not at all what im asking for, keep that in mind!
- Quests. Same Reason as for Exploration, if you want it completley new on a char, you can still do it, but sometimes you dont want to do all quests again, but i want to have the Achivement for it, because i have done it already. (And ive done every quest in the game so far.)
- Research. Already talked about above, but anyways. Do you want to research everything for months multible times for your chars? Again, not because you cant change to a char that has the crafting skills to craft something, but because, again, you already have it...
- Motives. At least some. I dont want to pay 5x 800k for one full motif for an Achivement, and for crafting it.
- Mount timer. I personally dont care about that one as much, but a lot of others ive seen do. And it would make a lot of sense, because it takes nothing but time... a goddarn lot of time! And slow mounts are pretty disgusting...
- More... (YOUR Ideas!)
Ok, before i write any more, lets start the poll, and now i will make again only 2 options, but if you vote "Yes, i want some things to be accountwide." you can formulate on your own exactly what you would wish for, and what you dont want as well! For no i guess its still just... no, if youre just completley against any form of accountwide sharing of... anything. I cant see why anyone would be opposed to everything about this topic, but i already know there are some people. If you are NOT opposed to everything, and even want only 1 thing to being shared accountwide thats not already, vote yes and write everything you are for and against, doesent matter how much or less.
EDIT: One thing i wanted to talk about is, how another game handled this. This game was Trove, and its very, VERY simplistic, but the Character was build like this: You had ca. 20 classes, and could choose between them with the click of one button, all on only one char, that holds the inventory, achivements and mounts, but not the Level/Experience. I know this is probably hard to implement for other, more complex online games, but it was the best Character System i had ever seen in any game... sadly it makes not a lot of Fun (anymore), so thats one of the only things that are still great about it. xD