The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do you WANT optional Accountwide Settings/Achivements and more? And if so, which things exactly?

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES, i would be (only) for the optional accountwide sharing of the following:
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Linaleah wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Alaztor91 wrote: »
    I guess that the people who see their characters as individuals have a unique different mount for each of them, don't use the dyes/costumes/polymorphs/mementos unlocked by other character achievements, don't use gear/consumables crafted by alts, don't use bound gear that they acquired with other alts, don't use the CPs from the account and manually calculate how many exp and CPs you get on each alt so they can distribute accordingly.

Because if you do any of the above you don't really consider a character as an individual do you?

Pretty much. My characters even have their own homes and are only allowed to put in achievement furniture and trophies they earn themselves.

Crafting gear on one character for another is fine though. My crafter can make gear for other players so it only makes sense that he could also craft gear for my other characters. He can't however share his knowledge with other players so should not be allowed to share with my characters.

I would have liked to see Champion Points done differently but it was designed in part to entice us to play more than one character. To make CP character exclusive the whole system would need reworked.

The thing is ZoS needs us to repeat content for the game to be viable and that is one reason most this stuff is character locked.

all of my characters have their own homes as well. but.. I don't limit myself by making them decorating everything themselves and there are some homes, that they share - places where they can meet up and spend some time together. after all.. if the game allows you to trade for things with other people? why shouldn't my characters trade between themselves? they are found family, so they support each other, even if they are not necessarily on the same alliance, and certainly not the same race. ability to trade things across your account was in game from the start. it was intended from the start. why not use it?

the thing about options is that... despite all of the account wide things being in game, you chose not to use them. the problem is - you seem to want to force that choice on other people as well.

and that is where you lose me at least completely.

I understand wanting to do things in each character, replay quests, etc. I would like for that to stay as is. but why NOT give people an option to share? IMO, when CP was made account wide, it was one of THE best changes to the game. becasue some of us don't have near unlimited time to build multiple characters 100% from scratch and yet STILL enjoy playing alts.

No you misunderstand what I am saying. My characters don't share furniture that can be purchased from achievement vendors or the busts and trophies you receive doing dungeons. This is something I decided to do and for me it has given me reason to go back and do some content I skipped on some characters. I don't expect everyone to want to do this nor would I support them having to do it.

I don't think titles should be shared. If you want to put a title on a character that character should earn it. If you have a character that gets the Master Fisherman I don't care if all your other characters can buy the boat. I would want the option to disable other characters doing that though just to easily keep track of what each character has earned.

I don't think exploring or quests should be account wide. Your new character shouldn't have all the skyshards and skill points for finishing main quests. The game survives on content being repeated. That is why we can have so many characters and also why we must level each one individually.

I don't think crafting should be account wide. Master Writs being the main reason I don't think this should happen.

If you want to share busts, skins, costumes, dyes or anything like that account wide I don't care. I'm fine with that.

I can't say I share your personal restrictions on trophies, but its your choice to do it that way so, /shrug. as long as its a choice.

I have to disagree on titles, if only because I the player a lot of times specifically split certain tasks between characters based on what those characters can accomplish best, but the titles were earned by me, the player. but again, account wide title, doesn't mean you have to use the title that your other characters didn't earn.

I don't think exploring or quests should be account wide either. but having as suggested bellow - an account wide tracker, so that I know what has or has not been completed by whom and either just have an option to shop achievement rewards like furniture with every character, or at least keep truck of who did what in game, rather then on out of game spreadsheet (well.. ESO database deals with that now, but you know)

I don't think crafting should be account wide either. but I do think that motifs could stand to be shared, at the very least the ones bought with crowns (which incidentally will make them more useful and honestly, my main crafter with all her completed motifs doesn't have better luck getting master writs than my alts that are just maxed passives and nothing else :/) and I think research should be sped up on alts. by a LOT) same goes for horse leveling. as I have mentioned before, i have zero problem with paying for each new character. I have a problem with it taking 6 months with only recourse being crown store scrolls. at the very least - add the speed up scrolls to master writ vendor, ala crafting research speed up scrolls.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know why we can't have both worlds, more generic achievements pass over but the hard ones or more specific character ones stay character specific.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Rawreak Rovyre
    Rawreak Rovyre
    ✭✭✭
    No, im opposed to everything about this topic and dont want anything to be shared accountwide!
    Voted no not because I'm opposed but because the grinds in this game is what keep me to a single-character playstyle. I had a Breton sorcerer that I deleted when I realized I would need to get all crafting recipes again on him. Sticking to my recluse Imperial warden holed up in his craglorn home.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

The problem with that setup is that no single character will ever have all achievements although combined as a group they do, including all master crafter achievements and crafting motifs.
    shades.gif

You will also miss out on being able to craft housing items as those can require multiple craft skills to make.

For example:
    item-118926-1-4.png
  • letsdothedungeonslow
    I want the option to start new toons at level 50 with Main Story complete and Soul Magic at max; Guild stories complete with skill line at 5, and skyshards and lorebooks account wide.

So I dont have to waste time doing crap I've already done and can concentrate on just playing the game.
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Skyshards, lorebooks
    And i would like the option to create a char that hast the main questline finished + starts at level30+ for players who already completed it more than two times.

This!!! I would pay for this! I really don't understand the hate for optimal account wide options. Many of us enjoy alts but don't have the time to play everything with them. The argument that this is somehow lazy or cheapens other players efforts is ludicrous, why does it matter to anyone else what achievements someone has or if thier alts have a helping hand? I am all for lots more options account wide and allow people to play in the way they want.

• wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, im opposed to everything about this topic and dont want anything to be shared accountwide!

Avrael wrote: »
    As i said, in the game Trove you only have 1 Character but 20 classes, and that works perfectly fine. They ruined the game with other updates, and thats another story, this was the best feature they had by far. All claims that diffrent Characters should do diffrent things only because theyre not the same... Char (but are on the same Account, from the same person, in the same game), dont quite lets me see what exactly opposes you about the idea to share things on one Account.
    YOU dont have to use it if you dont want to! I feel like NOONE that is against this topic realizes that really. It would all be OPTIONAL! EVERYTHING would be like now at this moment, but with the OPTION for people that WANT some things to be shared, to be able to share them! Its not that hard to understand that, and dont think "Nah... i dont want that, so f you too." :C

EDIT: I should have made the "No" Option to: "No, and i dont want anyone else to have this Optional Option that i dont HAVE to use, because nah."

You have to understand that by placing a poll and giving ONLY two options you are basically asking a polarizing question. Also you are asking our opinions. Not everyone is going to agree with you. There WILL be No votes. Also please realize that ESO has a VERY active Role Playing community. Which actually led to a change in how skills are unlocked in this game. That said there are some valid concerns around what you are proposing that would change some core aspects of the game.

1) Account wide Motifs: All but two styles are dropped in game. It currently either takes a combo of time/effort/luck or gold to obtain them. The fact that you can buy your way into motifs (via gold or crowns) is a valid reason to NOT have them account wide. Selling and trading these items is a common way for people to get what they want. By making these items account wide (even optionally account wide) will reduce the demand, ruin the value of these items. IF your ideas were implemented I would insist on the following: 1) All motifs would be bound (yes even duplicates) 2) All drop rates are significantly decreased and 3) the ability to craft certain styles for others is tied to crafting skill lvl

2) Research: TBH research is easy, it just takes time. All traits drop ingame. The ONLY trait that is a challenge is Nirn. Its so simple that i got 5 characters all 9 traits researched and completed at the same speed and time. But fine you want it account wide. Research has less of an impact on the economy that motifs, but its still a money maker. So if it were Account-wide I would insist on the following: 1) That instead of traits scaling in time from a few hours to 30days, all reasearch should take 30 days. 2) They reduced the the total that you can research at a time to 2. 3) They add in a factor that provides a 20% chance that your research will fail at the end of the allotted time.

My suggestions here are designed to make it more difficult to get certain achievements, because once you get it on your account, well whats the point after that? And really its at that point that your argument falls apart, since even though you say that you can choose account-wide vs character you logistically can't for somethings. Sure its easy to make SOME acheivements account wide, and really some rewards already are (Custumes, hats, dyes) but titles and items that affect the economy shouldn't be messed with without overhalling it. 9 trait crafters get rewarded for being 9 trait crafters, especially on multiple character with writ vouchers and access to the top lvl crafting stations. People that learn all of the motifs,recipes, and designs are rewarded with sales on their gear. going account wide cheapens these things.

Lastly since you are so wound up over this that you feel to make multiple polls and posts. Well i have a solution for you to have your account wide experience : Don't make more than one character. Unlock everything on ONE sole character. There you go! Doing that will make everyone happy.

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I have to disagree on titles, if only because I the player a lot of times specifically split certain tasks between characters based on what those characters can accomplish best, but the titles were earned by me, the player. but again, account wide title, doesn't mean you have to use the title that your other characters didn't earn."

The title is one of the things I object most to. I object to it for the same reason you want it. I don't think we should be able to simply pick the best character for the task and then get the title on all our other characters. The task was completed by you and that one character. Your other characters didn't help.

This one isn't simply a matter if I wouldn't have to do it. it is a matter of deceiving others. Sure share the trophies and rewards that come with the title but if you want to display the title on a character you should earn it on that character.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Everything Should be Account Wide"
    [and shared with all your characters once they hit level 50]

has allways been my choice and vote.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing should be account wide.

(Yes, that includes CP and Dyes)
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I voted yes. I'm an avid SWTOR player and there are "legacy achievements" and "legacy titles" that you earn that every character in your legacy can use in addition to character specific titles and achievements. I'd like to see that replicated in ESO. Certain titles like the holiday and faction titles should be account usage in my opinion. We've already got the basis for this system with the account wide paint\dye unlocks and the pets\costume account unlocks.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that! I'd also have mainly personal bank slots for characters and either keep a small number of shared slots or else allow items to be mailed within the account.

As things stand with CPs being account-wide, however, they should only be able to be allocated once a character hits level 50. Having players complaining that the game is too easy when they're running around leveling content with alts with many hundreds of CPs is absurd.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Iluvrien wrote: »

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that! I'd also have mainly personal bank slots for characters and either keep a small number of shared slots or else allow items to be mailed within the account.

As things stand with CPs being account-wide, however, they should only be able to be allocated once a character hits level 50. Having players complaining that the game is too easy when they're running around leveling content with alts with many hundreds of CPs is absurd.

Nope not the only one.

Good call on the bank slots too. I actually quite like LotRO's system of having separate bank access for "personal" and "shared" storage... and having the latter be pretty limited.

I also agree that if CPs absolutely have to be shared then it should be post 50.
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    the only thing that i really want to be account wide are the horses upgrade its both time and $$ sink, unlike skyshards, bag upgrades and achievement which you can do in a least amount of time, horse upgrades are not since theyre lock behind a 20 hr cooldown