The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you WANT Accountwide Achivements/Craftingskills/more? (Only OPTIONAL!)

Avrael
Avrael
✭✭✭✭
Ok, now that i asked in THIS thread, if you players want Classchanges or not, and so far, a lot of people are against it, AND in most cases, i can see why, even if i want them.

But a few people suggested and helped with the idea, that Accountwide Achivements and Craftingskill, would make more sense, and i see why more people would agree with this. And in my eyes too, that makes much more sense, because its much better then classchanges, then we could really have every Class on our account, at once, but if we want all Achivements or not miss out on our crafting skill so far, that WE leveled, even if on another char, we wouldnt have to.
And personally, i wouldnt even care for the Mount training, thats such a small thing tbh, if they would "only" bring Achivements and Craftingskills to all our Chars, i would be unbelievable happy already, and probably forgive them ALL mistakes they made so far. xD
But feel free to add anything that you would want to see become Accountwide too, if i missed anything important!

I dont see anything that speaks against it. Even if theyre diffrent Characters, WE as people and players did all the work, all the Achivements, all the Crafting, all the things we did to make it OUR Char, and OUR Account! And its not like ZO$ would make a lot less money, just because they count all our Work and Skill into our entire Account instead of individual Characters, so i dont see why they would be opposed to the idea.

This will, as the other thread, be a poll for YOU players at first, to see what you think about that, and if you would like it, or not, and why. You can vote, give your opinion and discuss everything that has to do with this topic, i would love to read a lot of opinions on this.
If a lot of people are interested in this and want this to happen, I, or we, can write the Feedback directly to Zos and hope they dont ignore it... and if it takes 500 tries, that would be worth it to me.

EDIT: Ok, one BIG point most people and i want too, is that the implementation would be OPTIONAL! A setting everyone COULD select, but they dont have to. So for instance, i could choose to get the Achivements from my main Char, but noone would have to just get them if they dont want that. You still would be able to make an entirely neww char with nothing (except CP i guess) from any other chars!
Edited by Avrael on September 13, 2017 9:07AM
"I mustache you a question."
"Well shave it for later."

Do you WANT Accountwide Achivements/Craftingskills/more? (Only OPTIONAL!) 167 votes

Yes, i would be for Accountwide Achivements and Craftingskills!
54%
nexxus_ESOGilvothArtisMojmirNewBlacksmurfCpt_TeemoHanokihsIruil_ESOLark82AlienSlofkyria.paganb16_ESOtimb16_ESO85Grim13Nebthet78inf.toniceb17_ESOiqoologiceb17_ESOArreyanneRosveensparafucilsarwb17_ESOIts_Alexis 91 votes
No, i dont want Accountwide Achivements and Craftingskills!
45%
vailjohn_ESODeadlyRecluseSigtricDarcyMardinKendaricAlmarielninibiniEpona222KhenarthiMaster_FluffkwisatzYakidafiGreyhoofdanno8static_rechargeanitajoneb17_ESOidkElsonsobottleofsyrupkip_silverwolf 76 votes
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    achivements I can nearly agree on, but crafting skills? Realy? Just HOW lazy are you?
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not about being lazy, I believe is about "immersion" .
    And maxing all crafting and all traits requires months (years actually)
  • timb16_ESO85
    timb16_ESO85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes to achievements: They are the player doing it, not the character you play.
    Definite no to crafting: This is one of the areas you can differentiate between characters (unless you meant motifs, then yes since they are too hard to collect on multiple characters).
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    eehh?? These suggested changes would break immersion more, and who has more than one master crafter? If you guys really mean this why not make everything account wide? Motif, skyshards, skillpoints, guild rankings etc. etc.

Hope you realize how silly your proposal is xP
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    No i dont realize how this is silly.
    And yes, i would talk about motives too. And the Crafting skills ONLY, because as already said, take MONTHS to complete! If you could just level them, that would be just fine by me and i would not care. But you have to WAIT, and thats whats unbelievable annoying about it. If im through this one time completley, i dont want have to wait almost a year on ALL other Chars i might make, too.

But i have to say, even if they ONLY would bring Accountwide Achivements, i would be ok with only 1 Master crafter (even if it WOULD be a lot more pleasant to not have to switch chars all the time to craft.)
    But for now lets stay with this and hear a lot more opinions.
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO most of the achievements should be account wide, but stuff like trials/dungeons/pvp achievements probably make more sense being per character and obviously all the quest related ones too, since some are tied to skillpoints and stuff. Motifs/styles and cooking/furniture recipes learned should also be account wide, but not the actual crafting discipline skill level.

I also think that trait research and horse upgrades should be account wide but since ZoS sells that stuff on the crown store maybe they don't agree.

I find it pretty weird that stuff like dyes that you get from certain achievements are account wide but not the actual achievement or title associated with it, same for other stuff like polymorphs or costumes.
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is boring already, make it more boring pls
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't want the achievements of one character to automatically apply to all my other characters (or crafting skills, mount progress, etc.).. That would take away several goals of mine to work towards in the long run. But I would very much like a general achievement page (on the character selection screen, for instance) where there's a tally of all achievements on my account, noting which character unlocked them. An overview, if you will. :)
    Edited by Saturnana on September 13, 2017 7:39AM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but only if it's optional in case anyone wants to re-achieve or re-experience something. Kind of like how we have the option to skip the tutorial if we've done it before on another character.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I like my characters to be different with different skills and knowledge. Half the point of having a crafter is that you have worked to get there - deleting my original provisioner was a difficult decision, and that's the way it should be.

EDIT: I really like the idea suggested by @Insane above that although characters could still have separate achievements, there could be an account achievement display too - that would seem to cover a lot of achievement related woes whilst still allowing people who like achievements to be counted separately per character to carry on as they were :)
    Edited by Epona222 on September 13, 2017 8:14AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me, I think it would dilute an MMO, we create different characters for different purposes, if we make all achievements/ craft skills etc account wide it would actually destroy immersion! For example how could a character that has never set foot in a dungeon magically have dungeon achievements? Or a character that does not PVP have PVP achievements?
    On the same vein why should my lvl 1 alt be a master crafter? I've made no effort to craft on that particular alt so he should not have the benefits!
    I kind of see OP's point, but MMO characters should be individual imo..
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ozstryker wrote: »
    For me, I think it would dilute an MMO, we create different characters for different purposes, if we make all achievements/ craft skills etc account wide it would actually destroy immersion! For example how could a character that has never set foot in a dungeon magically have dungeon achievements? Or a character that does not PVP have PVP achievements?
    On the same vein why should my lvl 1 alt be a master crafter? I've made no effort to craft on that particular alt so he should not have the benefits!
    I kind of see OP's point, but MMO characters should be individual imo..

I agree with that completely - I have multiple characters and enjoy getting various different achievements on all of them, it would remove some of the fun for me if there was forced account-wide achievement sharing, and it would be difficult for me to keep up with which character had done what. But then I am a filthy casual (with 26 alts over 2 accounts) :D But an account-wide achievement overview page would be something I could support, if just so that it would stop people demanding that achievements apply to every character. I am very much of the view that if you have alts you treat them separately, and log their deeds separately, and I'd hate it if that basic fundamental thing was changed. I think an account overview page/pages would be a decent middle ground.
    Edited by Epona222 on September 13, 2017 8:20AM

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, from what ive heard so far, it would be a good idea to make it Optional, so i guess a Setting with wich you CAN, but not HAVE to get Achivements and Crafting from another Character. So all the hardcore players that have time do to everything on 10 Chars can do that, but the ones that dont have time for that, can have it, because they... already did it. xD
    And one point id like to see Accountwide is Locations too, at least wayshrines. And that ofc only optional too! On a new Char, i HATE it to see the entire map empty again... dont ask me why, i just hate it to see all my exploration GONE, just because its another Char. :/

So imo the best would be, if you CAN get your already done Achivements (and maybe not all of them, i see that point), Craftingskills, Locations and Quests, but you dont HAVE to, and still CAN make a completley new Char and make everything again.
    I dont see how anyone can really be hardcore against THAT optional Idea, that would just show that they dont want us to get Options just they would not use, even if they were there. And thats just not fair for ALL people who would want this Option.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not crafting skills (theyre easy to level anyway), but I really really really want account-wide achievements.
    It would add more ingame goals for me, since I'm playing multiple characters and cant even dream about getting 26k achievement points. So now I'm not really interested in getting those dlc dungeon achievements (except the ones that give skins), whats the point if I wont have them on my other chars. Same with crafting achieves, there really no point in collecing motifs and recipes on combat chars. Pvp is another huge issue, my crafting and trial characters belong to different factions, and my pvp char is literally the worst pve class (mag warden)... Etc.
    If achievements would be shared, I could actually try to get as many optional achieves as possible, which means I'd spend more time in game... ;)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just if they do anything like this, it ought to be optional, because for me (and I can't be the only one) it would kind of ruin the point of the game and having multiple characters and different builds. We're not all of the opinion where we want all our characters to do everything and be the best at everything and get achievements for everything even though they have done nothing.

• Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    even though they have done nothing.

Yes, but WE as humans have done everything, and thats why i dont see any point in doing it 20 times just on diffrent characters. Characters are not important, WE are, and WE did the Achivements we want on our Account!
    Its not like im asking for anything i havent done already... its not like i want the Achivement for speedrunning HoF, because i dont have it. I dont want anything i dont have already, its just [snip] that we suddenly DONT have things on new chars anymore, even if we did them already!

[Edited to remove profanity masking]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 17, 2017 8:16PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avrael wrote: »

Yes, but WE as humans have done everything, and thats why i dont see any point in doing it 20 times just on diffrent characters. Characters are not important, WE are, and WE did the Achivements we want on our Account!
    Its not like im asking for anything i havent done already... its not like i want the Achivement for speedrunning HoF, because i dont have it. I dont want anything i dont have already, its just [snip] that we suddenly DONT have things on new chars anymore, even if we did them already!

This. With 10 and more chars getting achievements is like a very bad version of Groundhog Day.

[Edited for quote]
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avrael wrote: »

I can see where you are coming from, but some of us like to see our characters as individual entities, and would like to be able to continue doing so. So if they do make any of this account-wide, it should be optional. But for a forced account-wide implementation of these things, I am a definite no. Optional.

[Edited for quote]

• Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, i see the point, even I would be against a FORCED Implementation. It should 100% be optional, in the best case scenario, you should also be able to choose, at least roughly, what to get from your other char(s), but that could be a bit complicated i guess. Noone should be forced to just get something they dont want (...which they kinda get every day in an online game, but thats another topic... xD).

Lets see if i can edit my first post and the title to say that the idea would be only optional.
  • strebor2095
    strebor2095
    ✭✭✭
    I always saw achievements as per character... I.e., what the character has achieved. My crafter isn't likely to become Emperor, nor is my gankblade going to refine 10000 materials. My Vvardenfell Warden isn't likely to run around completing the Litany of Blood.

I would be for viewing a total achievements thing (possibly in the login screen) where you can see each achievement that you have completed and which character has completed it.

Why do people even want this? So the little journal bar will be complete on every character?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I certainly would like account wide riding skills though.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭

Why do people even want this? So the little journal bar will be complete on every character?

For me personally, i would just like to being able to continue or complete Achivements that i dont like, or cant do, on one char. My other thread was about Classchanges, how much sense they would make and who wants them and who not. I just want to do everything, but i dont want to/cant do that on only my sorc. I want to get Achivements and quests on a NB too, but not if its ONLY on that NB, becasue then i cant continue what ive already started. I dont want all people to understand why some people including me feel like that and would like that, but if it does not negatively influence YOUR game, i dont see a point in opposing it. As mentioned, it would be OPTIONAL, i dont want it to affect anyone that does not want this, because i can also see why you sometimes dont want this.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, because crafting skills are added into the mix, and I have to assume you are talking about traits and possibly motifs as the level 50 is already easy to get on all... Achievements(minus crafting achievements) being account wide are one thing, and wont effect the game for anyone but the player in question.

Crafting skills including motifs and traits would highly effect the game for others especially when all 16 characters per account now become 9 trait crafters with all motif knowledge upping their chance at master writs. It would drive prices down on those, drive mat prices even higher and it would devalue the people who have managed to earn that on all their characters, especially when it comes to motif.

And to top it off there would be an issue the second this was announced, that I believe would be unavoidable. People could start offsetting the traits they are researching so each of their characters know different traits and then when the update hit and they all their characters learned traits merged they could go from all characters knowing very little traits to all knowing all of them...

Character 1 learns sturdy and powered on all, also nirn on 4 items other characters aren't researching.
    Character 2 learns impen and charged on all, also nirn on 4 items other characters aren't researching.
    Character 3 learns reinforced and precise on all, also nirn on 4 items other characters aren't researching.
    Character 4 learns infused and well fitted on all, also nirn on 4 items other characters aren't researching.
    Character 5 learns defending and training on all, also nirn on 4 items other characters aren't researching.
    Character 6 learns training and infused on all, also nirn on 4 items other characters aren't researching.
    Character 7 learns sharpened and invigorating on all, also nirn on 5 items other characters aren't researching.
    Character 8 learns decisive and divine on all, also nirn on 5 items other characters aren't researching.

At 6 hour base for first trait, 12 hours for second trait and being able to do 3 items at a time(one from each craft) with 0 invested in researching. 14(14 in both cloth and bs, wood is 6 but we will go with 14 since it is the highest) x 6 hours would give 84 hours if no time wasted to learn 8 traits spread out on 8 characters. The nirn would be 5(the max amount 1 character will learn nirn) x 12 giving us an additional 60 hours.

Brand new accounts made after the announcement but before the update, all characters could go from 1-2 traits known to 9 traits. With just 144 hours or 6 days worth of effort. So make it between 1 and 2 weeks to give some missed time as most people can't log in every 6 hours.

Motifs I personally wouldn't care but that would drag the economy on them further down since now the people farming master writs would only require one set. I'm also not sure if this would effect ZOS or not. While it seems unlikely, there may be a few people buying multiple motifs when they are in crown store, one for each character.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each of my characters does their own thing, I treat them as separate people. So each have their goals and achievements.

As for crafting. If research was account wide you could be a 9-trait character in a few days? Makes no sense.

I still miss being able to share monster trophies between characters (it was changed a year or two ago) to unlock dyes, because these drop so rarely, and it's frustrating having them drop on "wrong" character.

Edit: while it would make my life much easier, it would cheapen the experience and replayability of the game.
    Edited by Khenarthi on September 13, 2017 10:36AM
    PC-EU
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, just wanted to say that I've read this, but can only reply later, because I'm on my phone and want to talk about a lot of your points.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest game in the genre to level alts. IMHO, you need a balance between altaholics and single character accounts. Single characters eventually get to the same point as alt accounts but it is much slower to have enough skill points to craft and play multiple roles (healer, tank, DPS). The champion system is so maxing for alts vs vet ranks which weren't transferable at all .

Tbh, it's not a qol issue it's a more than fair balance between 2 major divisions within the player base
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like earning hard achievements on different chars. Make me feel good doing something that is perceived as hard on a certain class and stam/mag build.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievements only.
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like an option to transfer learned motifs, recipes, etc to one other character on the account. And ffs do something about horse training, it's ridiculous.
    Shadow hide you.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »
    I wouldn't want the achievements of one character to automatically apply to all my other characters (or crafting skills, mount progress, etc.).. That would take away several goals of mine to work towards in the long run. But I would very much like a general achievement page (on the character selection screen, for instance) where there's a tally of all achievements on my account, noting which character unlocked them. An overview, if you will. :)
    That would be my point as well.

Nope to making crafting and achievement (or horse training for that matter) account wide... in an MMORPG, each character ought to be taken as individual -character-; and it makes no sense whatsoever that your shiny new alt fresh from the tutorial should have the nifty endgame titles your main earned, or all the crafting skills of your master crafter... And ESO already has more account wide stuff then any other MMO I ever played thanks to shared bank, mail, guilds and especially the champion system...

But I -would- like to see an "account achievement overview" page accessible from the character select screen... show which achievement was completed by which of your characters when, etc.
    They could then also have the dye unlocks in that one, and add more unlocks for multiple achievement completions to that one. Like, "complete (achievement) with every class / every faction" and such. And give us more goodies for that sort of thing (costumes, free home decorations, etc)