The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you WANT optional Accountwide Settings/Achivements and more? And if so, which things exactly?

• Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES, i would be (only) for the optional accountwide sharing of the following:
    I guess that the people who see their characters as individuals have a unique different mount for each of them, don't use the dyes/costumes/polymorphs/mementos unlocked by other character achievements, don't use gear/consumables crafted by alts, don't use bound gear that they acquired with other alts, don't use the CPs from the account and manually calculate how many exp and CPs you get on each alt so they can distribute accordingly.

Because if you do any of the above you don't really consider a character as an individual do you?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, im opposed to everything about this topic and dont want anything to be shared accountwide!
    MrBetadine wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »
    You made a lot of assumptions. Many players enjoy the quests and like taking new characters through the content.

And again you can't do the content without a character. You and that specific character gains the achievement. When you log onto another character that particular player/character combination has a different list of accomplishments that in my opinion shouldn't be shared.

No way titles for accomplishments should be shared. Like I said in the other thread if people want the trophies and achievement furnishings to be account wide so long as it is optional I don't care. Personally I think it takes away from the game but others don't feel that way obviously.

MMOs survive on content being repeated. That is why they have random drops. To make you repeat content. Making exploration character specific is another way to make sure content is repeated. No way exploring nor quests should be account wide. Beyond that to me it makes no sense to make a new character if you don't want to do any of the content. I know some players that PvP only power level but even after that they still have to spend a lot of time getting down the new rotations and all that fun stuff.

When you start a new character they should have no skills, no achievements, no skyshards, no discovered wayshrines and no completed quests. You start a new character to play the game. You and that one character work as a team to get those achievements. You couldn't do it without the character and the character couldn't do it without you. When you jump onto a different character you should have a different list of accomplishments because the particular player/character combination hasn't done the same thing.

Inconsistency: I have 660+ cp right from the start if I make a new char.

Yep another thing I think should change. Shouldn't be able to assign CP until your character hits vet.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, im opposed to everything about this topic and dont want anything to be shared accountwide!
    Alaztor91 wrote: »
    I guess that the people who see their characters as individuals have a unique different mount for each of them, don't use the dyes/costumes/polymorphs/mementos unlocked by other character achievements, don't use gear/consumables crafted by alts, don't use bound gear that they acquired with other alts, don't use the CPs from the account and manually calculate how many exp and CPs you get on each alt so they can distribute accordingly.

Because if you do any of the above you don't really consider a character as an individual do you?

Pretty much. My characters even have their own homes and are only allowed to put in achievement furniture and trophies they earn themselves.

Crafting gear on one character for another is fine though. My crafter can make gear for other players so it only makes sense that he could also craft gear for my other characters. He can't however share his knowledge with other players so should not be allowed to share with my characters.

I would have liked to see Champion Points done differently but it was designed in part to entice us to play more than one character. To make CP character exclusive the whole system would need reworked.

The thing is ZoS needs us to repeat content for the game to be viable and that is one reason most this stuff is character locked.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much. My characters even have their own homes and are only allowed to put in achievement furniture and trophies they earn themselves.

Crafting gear on one character for another is fine though. My crafter can make gear for other players so it only makes sense that he could also craft gear for my other characters. He can't however share his knowledge with other players so should not be allowed to share with my characters.

I would have liked to see Champion Points done differently but it was designed in part to entice us to play more than one character. To make CP character exclusive the whole system would need reworked.

The thing is ZoS needs us to repeat content for the game to be viable and that is one reason most this stuff is character locked.

all of my characters have their own homes as well. but.. I don't limit myself by making them decorating everything themselves and there are some homes, that they share - places where they can meet up and spend some time together. after all.. if the game allows you to trade for things with other people? why shouldn't my characters trade between themselves? they are found family, so they support each other, even if they are not necessarily on the same alliance, and certainly not the same race. ability to trade things across your account was in game from the start. it was intended from the start. why not use it?

the thing about options is that... despite all of the account wide things being in game, you chose not to use them. the problem is - you seem to want to force that choice on other people as well.

and that is where you lose me at least completely.

I understand wanting to do things in each character, replay quests, etc. I would like for that to stay as is. but why NOT give people an option to share? IMO, when CP was made account wide, it was one of THE best changes to the game. becasue some of us don't have near unlimited time to build multiple characters 100% from scratch and yet STILL enjoy playing alts.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avrael wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Tl;dr

Sorry I didn't read the 8 paragraphs in the OP, most sizable.

I did gleam a few things.

If you didnt read it all, please dont vote... at all. Thats just unfair to all other people who read everything and vote for the opposite thing. I hope you realize that.

And what Zos would do and what not, is another topic, this is ONLY for you players, to gather information and oppinions.

Make a bad poll with a wall of text to go along with it and now attempting to set requirements? Plus you conveniently edited out my comments on what I did note.
    Ok, i didnt made my "old" poll good enough, with only 2 very specific and bad formulated vote options. And because you cant edit polls ofc, ill make this new one now, look at the other one for a lot more information!

What ive learned from the old poll is, most people would be ok with some accountwide Achivements and things like Mount Training and research, but not with Crafting Skills, Skillpoints and more. And, of course, EVERYTHING should be optional! Nothing should be forced to be shared in any way.
    One idea is now to make not all, but some Achivements accountwide (in my opinion it would make sense to make things like general achivements, for instance Trophys and Exploration accountwide, but Char-Specific things like Dungeon or Raid and Crafting Achivements Char bound, but write your opinion down below!)

A few people dont want all Motives to be accountwide, but thats one point i would want to be accountwide... i can see that it would devalue most of them, and that you only craft with one char, but thats one point for me! (And i dont want to buy a 300k Motif multible times just for Achivements...) I dont want to be able to only craft on one char. I dont want to change Chars for every Potion or Belt i make, and not for the "time" it takes, not that i dont want to switch, that takes not a lot of time, but i DONT, as many others, see Characters as individual and completley seperated entities, but the Account as one.

I will add comments to more about what you said. What I just quoted in this second section.

First. it is clear you want everything on one character on every other charater. You say it would be optional since not everyone wants skillpoints and more shared. It is absurd to say it would be optional. It is lame to think making it optional appeases the player base that thinks your idea is bad in any area.

Second, you also mentioned how inconvenient it is to change characters to make potions and belts. No one crafts gear for their characters daily. As for alchemy takes minutes to level up. I know because I have done it on 10 characters. It also hardly takes any points to be able to craft raid/pvp worthy potions so it is not that big of a deal to both level it up and get the skill points. Not needed.

I hope you find a way enjoy the game without the changes you suggest.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't think achievements should be account-wide. It'd pretty odd to see level 10 toons with the Grand Overlord title or other baby toons with titles like Dro-M'Athra Destroyer or Flawless Conqueror.
    However!! I do want effin horse riding skills to be account-wide.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horse training
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account wide: horse training, crown store purchased motifs, gold provisioning and crafting recipes, dyes and cosmetics as now

So, stuff. Stuff could be account-wide, and particularly valuable stuff should be account-wide. Activities completed, research, achievements, titles, lorebooks, skyshards, skill lines: no.

Would it break the game for me though if they did that? I don't think so. Not sure what all the implications would be. If they were careful and it had minimal impact then whatever. I'm not even sure how difficult or even possible all this would be, so we're out in here in theoryland.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me over a year to complete all research, and 6 months to level horse skills for each character. I did all this the slow way. Nowadays you can just buy a bunch of crown lessons and research scrolls if you really are that impatient.

And I don't think you should be able to have an achievement for completing a quest on a character that did not complete it.

As for motifs - you only really need all motifs on your main crafter. I could see this being useful to those who planned poorly (or did not know any better) and made one crafter for each profession:I did that mistake once, but moved all research and motif-hunting to one character once new motifs kept being introduced. But your poll does not have the option of "I may be ok with allowing just one thing".

We already have account wide dyes, and CP (and this is huge - I used to have 5 V16 characters, it took a very long time), costumes and mounts. Back in the day you had to buy each horse on each character if you wanted the "max stamina" one plus the "max inventory" one plus the "max speed" one - this was when horse stats still differed from one to another - and you had to level each horse one by one.

If you want to show off a fancy title you got on your main character, you need to be on your main character. No level 3 newbie, fresh from the Wailing Prison, should be a Master Angler or a Champion of Vivec.

Edit to add: I derive great satisfaction from exploring the maps again and again: seeing the map symbols go "white" for completed, and finding funny things just behind that next boulder. That's one of the reasons I have 2 accounts full of characters - so I can play my favourite parts again and again.

Ah, and you lose all my sympathy when you go on how another game made something so much better. Games should be different and do different things, ESO does just fine.

I'd like to have account-wide keybings and settings though - but since these don't give you a palpable advantage in game, and you can always set them once for each character, you never even mentioned them on your post.

TL; DR: I disagree with giving players the option to make the game less replayable, cheapening achievements and time spent
    Edited by Khenarthi on September 14, 2017 6:57AM
    PC-EU
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievements. Not all of them, but those that makes sense.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riding skill and titles would make my day.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    Took me over a year to complete all research, and 6 months to level horse skills for each character. I did all this the slow way. Nowadays you can just buy a bunch of crown lessons and research scrolls if you really are that impatient.

Ah, and you lose all my sympathy when you go on how another game made something so much better. Games should be different and do different things, ESO does just fine.

I'd like to have account-wide keybings and settings though - but since these don't give you a palpable advantage in game, and you can always set them once for each character, you never even mentioned them on your post.

TL; DR: I disagree with giving players the option to make the game less replayable, cheapening achievements and time spent

1. Noone wants to pay crowns to get faster crafting, thats litteraly pay 2 win. And does not agree with my philosophy of "I have that already, thats the only reason i want it on other chars." With the Crown items, you could even level a completles new Char on a new Account to full crafting in 1 day, if youre rich enough.

2. Well, many games do things better then other games, and i dont know why not to at least look at those things to make them maybe better in your game too. I dont realize how thats a bad thing. Only because you made something diffrent in your game, does not mean it is good, or cant be changed someday.

3. I didnt talk about Settings and keybindings, because i dont change an awfull lot on other chars, and it was just not important enough for me to include, i can only speak for myself! YOU have to speak for you and tell us others your opinions, thats why this thread is here, i could have just made a thread with:
    "I want this and this and this and if that does not get implemented ill jump of a cliff." And such a thread would be a big pile of shet. I dont want this only for me, thats why i ASK all of you! And so far, 71% at least would be ok with/want one or more thing(s) to being shared across all their Chars.

4. That may seem like cheapening to you and many others, to me and... many others, its like the only chance to ever get close to most achivements, without just having only 1 Char. Which is what i have atm, only 1 Char, because i absolutley hate it to make another char and have nothing i achived or researched on him anymore. But on the other hand, a lot of people want especially that for a new char! Thats why the big word OPTIONAL is so important. And i honestly dont see why some of you can say something in the lines of "But optional would not be optional..." Why not? Does some megic Might force you to select that Option as soon as it would be available? I honestly dont get that Argument. Or do you just dont want other players to have something they might enjoy and that wouldnt affect you ever at all?

And yes i crop quotes, because sometimes i dont want to say something to every point on that, maybe because it has already been discussed a lot, and it would be confusing for some to have the entire quote but only a small reply and dont know exactly what the reply was to. But that could just be me...
    "I mustache you a question."
    "Well shave it for later."
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Avrael you have your opinion and I have mine. Both are valid and have the same weight. It's fine to disagree.

If you created a poll to get other people's opinion, I've voted and explained my reasons. I don't want many of the things you want to be available to other people as an option, as these cheapen my own achievements. There are achievements I'll never get (Emperor, Flawless Conqueror, the hardmode veteral trials...) but I don't want those to be cheapened for other people either.

Your poll is still, biased by the way: if I agree with just one small thing, it would look like that I may as well agree to all.

However if you created a poll as a petition to ZOS, and to gather supporters, well... petitions are not allowed in the forums. And no poll here will ever be representative of the game population (just represents forum-goers who happen to look at the front page for the few hours your topic is there, and decide to participate).

The developers have introduced many changes in the 3+ years since the game's launch. They have numbers and people to analyse these numbers.

A forum post is great to bounce ideas around, but if you create it as "most people want X, please ZOS make it happen", people like me with the oposite opinion will naturally post too. Even if polls and posts are irrelevant to the developers.
    PC-EU
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I hope ZOS don't pay attention to these repeated threads, all they do is appeal to the lazy crowd that don't want to put effort in on their alts, and who misinterpret what MMORPG means (or don't know)...
    What OP suggests is a fundamental shift in the genre and style of MMORPG's and would represent not only a dumbing down but also a break in the immersion we have with multiple toons!... for example, if we make "different " characters. In look, class, style.. purpose etc. It makes no sense that they should share the same achievements/ titles, riding skills, etc etc.. because each toon is created individualy!

Now the argument that... i, the human have achieved master angler on a particular toon, therefore all my toons should receive this achievement and title!.. Right?.... No! If you..., the human, were to create another individual toon that hasn't so much as dipped his rod, how is it feasible that he can display that title... or recieve the benefit of your collecting lore books or sky shards or riding skills or even share cp's??

No, I say leave it so we must create, spend time with learn and achieve with our multiple toons individually, instead of lazily dumbing down the process!
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to discuss this even more... but i dont see the point anymore. :c
    I had this idea as a better Alternative to classchanges, which not a lot of people wanted, so i wanted so see what people think of this idea. And even if some people agree to a few things here, almost everyone is against anything, and thats ok. But it shows me that its not worth to fight for change, if so little people want something like this.
    I thought i wouldnt want this only for myself but for a lot of people, this seems not the case, the ones that dont want this at all, rally so hard against it because it breaks the game for them (which is broken anyway and will never be fixed even to a degree, but we all know that from Zos and thats another topic...), that i dont want to argue against that anymore just because i would like this to happen. I tried to make this as openminded as possible, but that just is not possible, doesent matter which poll options i make or how many, someone would still be saying theyre shet and they cant vote for or against any of that.
    So i give up for now, probably forever. Ive seen that noone wants classchanges or Accountwide settings, so i wont fight for it, its too exhausting for me. And if we are realistic, even if EVERYONE wanted this, Zos would probably still not listen at all, so lets just keep it at that, and have Zos do whatever they want with this game, because we dont matter to them. At all.

And for all those of you that think "Oh, now hes just fleeing from the Discussion and cant handle our Arguments and..." Yes, im fleeing now, i cant put my energy in something noone else wants to happen. Thats wasted time. ._.

I will just forever keep to my Stamsorc now and never play another Char, because classchanges or this here will never happen. I hope they someday bring at least a fun meta and fun mechanics again, if not, im just very close to quitting completley.
    This game has the potential to be and get the best MMO in history, but the Devs dont take that chance, and that makes me much more sad then it should make me.

This can get closed pls.
    "I mustache you a question."
    "Well shave it for later."
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyshards, lorebooks
    And i would like the option to create a char that hast the main questline finished + starts at level30+ for players who already completed it more than two times.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to discuss this even more... but i dont see the point anymore. :c
    I had this idea as a better Alternative to classchanges, which not a lot of people wanted, so i wanted so see what people think of this idea. And even if some people agree to a few things here, almost everyone is against anything, and thats ok. But it shows me that its not worth to fight for change, if so little people want something like this.
    I thought i wouldnt want this only for myself but for a lot of people, this seems not the case, the ones that dont want this at all, rally so hard against it because it breaks the game for them (which is broken anyway and will never be fixed even to a degree, but we all know that from Zos and thats another topic...), that i dont want to argue against that anymore just because i would like this to happen. I tried to make this as openminded as possible, but that just is not possible, doesent matter which poll options i make or how many, someone would still be saying theyre shet and they cant vote for or against any of that.
    So i give up for now, probably forever. Ive seen that noone wants classchanges or Accountwide settings, so i wont fight for it, its too exhausting for me. And if we are realistic, even if EVERYONE wanted this, Zos would probably still not listen at all, so lets just keep it at that, and have Zos do whatever they want with this game, because we dont matter to them. At all.

And for all those of you that think "Oh, now hes just fleeing from the Discussion and cant handle our Arguments and..." Yes, im fleeing now, i cant put my energy in something noone else wants to happen. Thats wasted time. ._.

I will just forever keep to my Stamsorc now and never play another Char, because classchanges or this here will never happen. I hope they someday bring at least a fun meta and fun mechanics again, if not, im just very close to quitting completley.
    This game has the potential to be and get the best MMO in history, but the Devs dont take that chance, and that makes me much more sad then it should make me.

This can get closed pls.

Oh come now, you are perfectly justified in putting forward your ideas and arguing it's merits, and this is absolutely the right place to do so!..
    Interestingly I get your position here, I simply don't believe it fits a MMORPG model. That's all, nothing personal!. You're always gunna get opposing opinions in any forum, cop it on the chin, and fight on ;)

Maybe you ought to create another character, different class, style, purpose and enjoy some different aspects of this game instead of shoehorning it all into one universal toon... just an opinion
  • strebor2095
    strebor2095
    ✭✭✭
    Could you next time, make a poll with less biased options?

1) motifs should be per character, it makes no sense for a fresh crafter to understand all motifs.

2) riding skill should be easier to get on multiple characters (e.g., maybe up to 5% each day (for 5-10x the cost) in each stat if you have a maxed character in that stat)

I stand by my suggestion in a previous thread, make achievements viewable from the Character select screen so you can view each achievement and see underneath which characters have unlocked it. If it's been unlocked at least once, it contributes to your accountwide achievement points.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Achievments please.
  • Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭
    With nine maxed leveled characters and counting, it would be great if achievements could be account wide. Why the hell does a game that allows for FOURTEEN characters discourage making alts by dividing achievement points and titles between characters?
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    A Príorí: Highelf - Magicka Sorcerer
    DC
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Nightblade
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    EP
    A Fortiori: Darkelf - Magicka Nightblade
    A Posteriori: Darkelf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Bertha Ironsides: Imperial - Dragonknight Tank
    Corpier: Breton - Magicka Templar
    Corpíer: Orc - Stamina Templar
    CorpÌer: Orc - Stamina Warden
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Necromancer
    Logen'Bloody-Nine'Fingers: Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
  • Invoky
    Invoky
    Account wide vet trial achievement would be nice. Since most vet trial ask for optimize class/role and not everyone roll perfect character on their main.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrBetadine wrote: »
    You made a lot of assumptions. Many players enjoy the quests and like taking new characters through the content.

And again you can't do the content without a character. You and that specific character gains the achievement. When you log onto another character that particular player/character combination has a different list of accomplishments that in my opinion shouldn't be shared.

No way titles for accomplishments should be shared. Like I said in the other thread if people want the trophies and achievement furnishings to be account wide so long as it is optional I don't care. Personally I think it takes away from the game but others don't feel that way obviously.

MMOs survive on content being repeated. That is why they have random drops. To make you repeat content. Making exploration character specific is another way to make sure content is repeated. No way exploring nor quests should be account wide. Beyond that to me it makes no sense to make a new character if you don't want to do any of the content. I know some players that PvP only power level but even after that they still have to spend a lot of time getting down the new rotations and all that fun stuff.

When you start a new character they should have no skills, no achievements, no skyshards, no discovered wayshrines and no completed quests. You start a new character to play the game. You and that one character work as a team to get those achievements. You couldn't do it without the character and the character couldn't do it without you. When you jump onto a different character you should have a different list of accomplishments because the particular player/character combination hasn't done the same thing.

Inconsistency: I have 660+ cp right from the start if I make a new char.

Yes, and some would argue that either CPs should be character-specific or they should only become available to your characters once they reach level 50. Either way it would remove the problem of trying to balance One Tamriel content for lower-level characters as between those with no CPs and those with hundreds of them.
  • DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭
    There should definitely be a balance. Not everything needs to be shared, but plenty of things can be. Essentially, anything that gives XP probably doesn't need to be shared, or should probably not give you the XP and/or items if you can auto-complete it.

Achievements should at least have a toggle-able view between your Account and your character. That way you can view it how you want. Costumes and dyes are already account-wide, so I've always been in favor of titles also being account-wide. I know some people say they need titles to be character-based for "credentials", but I think they should just make it so that you can link the achievement in chat, and that it will say locked/unlocked based on the character.

Motifs should generally be character-based, especially if the achievements do become account-wide (or at least account-viewable). This is also for provisioning and furnishing recipes. The only exception should be any motifs bought with crowns. For 5000 crowns for some motifs, and the Crown Store motifs being limited-time, it should be an account-wide thing where every new character gets a copy of the book (it's account-bound, so it's not like you can sell or trade it).

General Things like Horse Training, trait research*, reagent effect knowledge, and rune translation should be an option, possibly as an extra tab in the Character Creation.

Some Zone-Based completions, such as map icons, wayshrines, and skyshards should be optionally completable. I'd probably say that the first time you enter a zone, a pop-up asks you if you want to autocomplete anything, and you can check/uncheck things from the list. I don't know if world bosses, delves, dungeons, dolmens, and quests should be allowed to be autocompleted, but if they do, as I mentioned above, they shouldn't give XP or items.

Skills should all definitely be character-based. This also means that you don't get the inspiration bonuses from learning new rune translations or alchemy effects if you decide to carry them over, and it's each person's decision on whether they want to use more resources to already have the info, or if they'd rather start over and get the bonus inspiration.
    It also means that you have to put at least some effort into having extra master crafters, rather than being able to get all the skyshards in an area, place them all, and suddenly have 8+ master crafters.

Essentially, I think it's a good idea, but it has to be something that can't be super-easily exploited (like making new characters just to get new items or do top-tier writs).

*Trait research might actually be tricky. They probably won't make that optional unless you already have a master crafter in an area. Other than that, it will either stay character-bound or become account-wide with changes, as I can see people dividing the research up between multiple characters for the faster research times, then making a new character in order to merge them all.
    X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
    Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
    - Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Maybe Zos could come to a middle ground. Achievement points are account wide and maybe able to see a page that shows all achievements across all characters. However, the actual achievements remain led character. This would lock something like the Master Fishinh title to the character that actually earned it but players could get excited in their total achiement points. It would also.
    That makes no sense. The character didn't earn anything, even less so in this case. It was a player. Fishing required pressing E every 20 seconds. This is done by a player regardless of which character is used. It doesn't require any character specific class skills to be used.

Nestor wrote: »
    We all know why people want Motifs account wide, and it's not for achievements. And it's not for convenience either. Its so they can get more Master Writs.

You know why I know it's not for convenience? We are not crafting items all the time for ourselves or other people. I make one set of gear every two weeks, if that. And I have 14 Alts and I craft for my guild.

As for Achievements, well some of them need to be hard to get and take effort. Making them account wide just cheapens them. For example, the one for opening 1000 Chests. I have over 3000 chests opened on my characters account wide, but only one has the 1000 achievement. I am fine with that.

As for Titles, use them on the character that earns them.
    False. People are asking for achievements to be account wide (including motifs) since before master writs were even announced.

No, making achievements account-wide doesn't cheapen them. It's still a player who works towards them and he still can only be online on one character at a time. Achievements like chests and fishing don't involve any character-specific skills and should be account wide.

Same goes for titles. Sure, make titles like Flawless Conqueror character bound. Titles that can be done in ONE run and that require a player to play that character well. But not titles that require mindless grind, like fishing or killing X mobs.
    Ozstryker wrote: »
    Honestly I hope ZOS don't pay attention to these repeated threads, all they do is appeal to the lazy crowd that don't want to put effort in on their alts, and who misinterpret what MMORPG means (or don't know)...
    What OP suggests is a fundamental shift in the genre and style of MMORPG's and would represent not only a dumbing down but also a break in the immersion we have with multiple toons!... for example, if we make "different " characters. In look, class, style.. purpose etc. It makes no sense that they should share the same achievements/ titles, riding skills, etc etc.. because each toon is created individualy!

Now the argument that... i, the human have achieved master angler on a particular toon, therefore all my toons should receive this achievement and title!.. Right?.... No! If you..., the human, were to create another individual toon that hasn't so much as dipped his rod, how is it feasible that he can display that title... or recieve the benefit of your collecting lore books or sky shards or riding skills or even share cp's??

No, I say leave it so we must create, spend time with learn and achieve with our multiple toons individually, instead of lazily dumbing down the process!

Lazy crowd? People who say it are usually lazy crowd. How much did you spend progressing in up-to-date trials? How much time did you spend practicing your rotation? How many achievements you got? You're so not in position to call some of us lazy. What OP suggests is not a fundamental shift, but a fix - something that had to be done before release and was asked for on forums during beta.

Oh yes it is feasible that he can display the title, because it doesn't matter what character that is. All fishing requires is for a player to press E. It doesn't matter if you do it on a DK or warden, it doesn't matter what gear they wear or what level they are, etc.
  • ictopbasli
    ictopbasli
    ✭✭✭
    Doing same setting of every character is so annoying. Please we want all setting account wide
    Thalmor rules!
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Absolutely make more things account wide, for the reason in your OP: I'M the one completing these achievements.

Anyone who wants to complete achievements on multiple characters still can if it works the WoW way. Achievements are account wide on completion, and contribute to an account score, but each character is capable of completing those achievements themselves with all the flashy pop-ups associated. I'd draw the line at skyshards, quest skill points, and mount training though. Those have clear gameplay value to replaying (especially skyshards) or are so integrated into the Crown Store and Crates (mount training) that ZOS are never going to give us that one.

And Talos only knows why keybind settings aren't account wide. I mean really ZOS...
    Edited by Darkstorne on September 14, 2017 5:38PM
  • DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭
    Ozstryker wrote: »

I feel like he's emphasized optional enough for it to not be "breaking the immersion" if you don't want it to, and that you should be able to skip or keep as much as you want based on your own preference of tediousness and enjoyment.

I also feel like if you think that "earning" an achievement or title is so important, then ZOS needs to (as I assume they haven't, although it's possible) come out with actual in-universe reasoning for the achievement and rewards.
    If you're going to argue whether someone "deserves" the achievement, or especially a title, then ZOS needs to explain how it goes around.

Who's keeping track of the fish you catch? And if you sell some of your fish, and are holding onto others when you "earn the title", how do people in-game really believe you earned that title? And if it's all proven because your character checked off the list, why couldn't another character theoretically lie about it? Or only collect some of the fish?

And, what is the ZOS-approved reason that our characters cannot interact with each other? Why couldn't have a master toon that trained an apprentice toon to be a master crafter early on?

If you're going to claim people know whether or not you're telling the truth, then titles shouldn't be directly attached to achievements at all, but should be mini-quest rewards (such as once you've completed the Hero of the Daggerfall Covenant requirements, a random NPC comes up to you, and gives you a quest for you to speak to Emeric and he gives you the official title). Or at least get the "reward" in the mail similar to "Rewards of the Worthy" and such.

I understand people feeling like it's "not immersive" for things to be shared across toons, but if you put any ACTUAL thought into the process, if there's no actual explanation to how your achievement rewards work in-game or anything, the assumption that your reward comes completely out of nowhere, is based on nothing, and yet is not something you can lie about is even less immersive than the idea that one toon heard about the title and started claiming they did it as well. In fact, a more immersive thing than the current way would be to allow it to be "account-wide", but unless they've actually earned the achievement, the title should say "Self-Proclaimed ______________".

And if it's all just because you feel like you need to do the work, and don't want other people to be allowed to skip it, I definitely think there should be some give and take (like you shouldn't be able to get any XP or items when you can get them endlessly elsewhere. And that you can't just pick and choose the exact quests you want to keep and skip), but there definitely should be a point where a video game should be about doing the things you enjoy. It's one thing if you're making money off of it, but very different if it's your leisure time. Especially, if it's limited leisure time.
    I'm not against you being forced out of things you enjoy, so I'll totally support the requirement that it needs to be optional. But, unless you can give a legitimate reason why it affects you, going against someone else wanting to enjoy the game more is ridiculous.
    X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
    Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
    - Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

all of my characters have their own homes as well. but.. I don't limit myself by making them decorating everything themselves and there are some homes, that they share - places where they can meet up and spend some time together. after all.. if the game allows you to trade for things with other people? why shouldn't my characters trade between themselves? they are found family, so they support each other, even if they are not necessarily on the same alliance, and certainly not the same race. ability to trade things across your account was in game from the start. it was intended from the start. why not use it?

the thing about options is that... despite all of the account wide things being in game, you chose not to use them. the problem is - you seem to want to force that choice on other people as well.

and that is where you lose me at least completely.

I understand wanting to do things in each character, replay quests, etc. I would like for that to stay as is. but why NOT give people an option to share? IMO, when CP was made account wide, it was one of THE best changes to the game. becasue some of us don't have near unlimited time to build multiple characters 100% from scratch and yet STILL enjoy playing alts.

No you misunderstand what I am saying. My characters don't share furniture that can be purchased from achievement vendors or the busts and trophies you receive doing dungeons. This is something I decided to do and for me it has given me reason to go back and do some content I skipped on some characters. I don't expect everyone to want to do this nor would I support them having to do it.

I don't think titles should be shared. If you want to put a title on a character that character should earn it. If you have a character that gets the Master Fisherman I don't care if all your other characters can buy the boat. I would want the option to disable other characters doing that though just to easily keep track of what each character has earned.

I don't think exploring or quests should be account wide. Your new character shouldn't have all the skyshards and skill points for finishing main quests. The game survives on content being repeated. That is why we can have so many characters and also why we must level each one individually.

I don't think crafting should be account wide. Master Writs being the main reason I don't think this should happen.

If you want to share busts, skins, costumes, dyes or anything like that account wide I don't care. I'm fine with that.
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a global achievements page, where I can see which of my characters achieved what and when. It would make it easier to check things like motif completion on alts without an addon, and to join dungeon speedrun/farm groups on a new character. For account-wide achievements, I'd like if the monster trophy was account-wide and if I could purchase achievement furnishings on any of my characters.

Horse training, I want the option to "invest" for all of my characters at once. It can still be limited by available gold, it can still be on a 20h cooldown, I just don't want to have to log on to each character every day. I don't particularly mind that it takes 180 days to max a horse if you don't want to spend money (ZOS has to make money off of its consumables, after all), but I hate the process of log in, log out, log in, log out, and the way it makes me miss large chunks of guild chat.

Heck no to global exploration achievements and quest achievements. (Edit: No to crafting achievements too.) I like exploring, I like turning things white, and those map markers are a nice reminder of where i haven't spent much time on a particular alt (and therefore have a bunch of sidequests and discoverables available). I'm willing to be persuaded about lorebooks & skyshards though.
    Edited by victoriana-blue on September 14, 2017 9:57PM
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only thing I would want account wide would be mount training. I wouldn't care to pay the gold but seriously 180 days is way to long.
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!