The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sentences that trigger lore nerds

• Volsera
    Volsera
    ✭✭✭
    and most importantly: "The game is set after the events of Skyrim."

CRAWLIIIIING IN MY SKIIIIIIN
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A nord dragonknight suspiciusly resembling the character from TES V, called some variation of Dovakhiin, saying: Fear my thu´um!
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RP'ers creep me out

Depends on the RPers. Some are decent folk. A little weird but decent enough. And some of them just want to **** cats.

Nope, they. creep. me. out. Not as much as Cosplayers (which is adult speak for "playing dressup"), but they're in the same bucket.

I feel bad for you that other people's hobbies creep you out. Then again, I take it actors in movies dont creep you out ;)
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RP'ers creep me out

Depends on the RPers. Some are decent folk. A little weird but decent enough. And some of them just want to **** cats.

Nope, they. creep. me. out. Not as much as Cosplayers (which is adult speak for "playing dressup"), but they're in the same bucket.

I feel bad for you that other people's hobbies creep you out. Then again, I take it actors in movies dont creep you out ;)

Actors in movies creep me out.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • warg_derpin_gdf
    "I want vampire lord."

"I want to be able to play a daedra/dremora."

"I want to have a dragonborn."

"I want to play a dwarf!"

"I want to play a snow elf."

"They should do a DLC about the return of the dwarves."

"No one knows what happened to the dwarves."

"We should fight a dragon."

"Nords are a valuable race, with a rich and interesting culture. We can learn much from them."

I had to dig deep to feel on par with this one lmao!!

Dragonbreak is feelies
    Karliah, when will you learn?!!
  • EmperorRemanIV
    EmperorRemanIV
    ✭✭✭
    "I want vampire lord."

"I want to be able to play a daedra/dremora."

"I want to have a dragonborn."

"I want to play a dwarf!"

"I want to play a snow elf."

"They should do a DLC about the return of the dwarves."

"No one knows what happened to the dwarves."

"We should fight a dragon."

"Nords are a valuable race, with a rich and interesting culture. We can learn much from them."

I'm a lore nerd and I would love a DLC about the dwemer XD I want to see them and know what really happened to them!
    His Imperial Majesty, Reman IV, Emperor of Cyrodiil, Sunspire Saint, Baron/Thane of Falkreath, Solitude and Morthal, Lord of the Daggerfall Covenant, Ophidian Overlord of Sanctum Ophidia, Councilor of the Ebonheart Pact, General of the Covenant Army, Clan Father, Guardian of the Reach, Elsweyr, Galen and owner of Fort Redwater and Fort Linchal.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always get hate mail when i say that lore is not real, it's made up and ZOS can change it from anything to anything without having to consult the player base.

So i guess that counts as a trigger?
    popcorn.gif

• warg_derpin_gdf
    Oh oh! Also!:

Dreamstride playable as Dremora sidequest.

Make of it what you will.
    Karliah, when will you learn?!!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    By the Nine, how many septims do I have to pay to see some dragons around here?

Aww man, one-third of this joke isn't valid anymore.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Aramithius
    Aramithius
    ✭✭
    I'm a lore nerd and I would love a DLC about the dwemer XD I want to see them and know what really happened to them!

Play TES3. There's a Mages Guild quest that goes into precisely this, and has some interesting things to put forward. Not a conclusive answer, but some intriguing suggestions, that the fandom has run with to a degree. Plus some official comments that were made before it ever came out that give us hints at what Kagrenac was intending.

To the actual topic:

Another vote for "C0DA makes it canon", but not for the usual reasons. That's generally spouted by people who haven't read C0DA, or understand what it was trying to do.

General questions about "is it canon?" in general, if I'm honest. There are pretty much zero canon truths in TES, outside of the events of the games. We have canon sources of information, in the sense that they're in the games or published through official channels, but canon things that definitely happened in the world are much harder to get to. Particularly if they happened in a particular way - ie we know the Vestige defeated Mannimarco, but did they fight with a sword, mace, axe or staff? No possible answer, in my opinion. This makes "it is it canon?" pretty much a non-question. "is it true?" or "does it match with what we already know?" are far better things to ask.
    Host of the Written in Uncertainty podcast, and regular participant in the Selectives Lorecast.
    Officer of the PC-EU chapter of the Loreseekers guild.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "There are some surviving snow elfs somewhere on Nirn" this one does make me chuckle as there might be.

Deffly not in skyrim due to lore in Skyrim, but does state in eso when you are doing quests in the Rift zone that "Ysgramor sent the elfs to distant lands" so when we start going past Tamriel ya never know....
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whelp, there's an old but fun thread necromancy ritual going down.

Dragons...can't really be too triggered by those anymore. Thanks, Elsweyr.

My four main lore triggers:
    1. Can the Vestige be a Dragonborn? (No, it would invalidate the whole plot. Now go play TES IV Oblivion.)

2. ESO is in a Dragonbreak! (No, and there's no need for time to be broken to reconcile massive different endings into a cohesive whole. ESO has almost zero consequential choices anymore. Now, go review the extremely different endings for Daggerfall.)

3. Can we have a skill line for Shouts? (Not likely, because it took Ulfric Stormcloak ten years to learn two shouts. While there are other ways to learn the Thu'um than the Greybeards, all the faster ways are also less powerful and still take time.)

4. Kirkbride's stuff that isn't included in the games is totally Canon! (No, I subscribe to Todd Howard's priority of Canon sources - in-game first, official lore books second, official non-in-game info third, and everything else is fanfiction that's not even on the list. The vast majority of Kirkbride's stuff is fanfiction. If you like it, cool! I enjoy fanfiction too! But no, Kirkbride's stuff that's not included in the games (yet) isn't Canon. It only becomes Canon if they put it in the game...and Easter egg references to C0DA don't make it so.
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as it is old and the information within may be out of date. You can create a new thread to continue this discussion to ensure that all of the information will be as up to date as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.