The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sentences that trigger lore nerds

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Firemoth Island.

You win this round.
    Don't get it?
    It was the starting location in ESO: Morrowind and an slaver base, it was an imperial fort in TES3 700 years later.

The island has a Velothi name. The Imperial name dates to the first or second century of the Third Era. Meaning it shouldn't be called "Firemoth" in ESO.
    Makes perfect sense :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The overuse of the term "CHIM" and "Dragonbreak"
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a sentance but seeing so many...

Stage 4 vampires who are also dragonknights in ESO -.-

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

Why is this a trigger? Dragonknights use the Thu'um, and the Tsaesci and their followers and students are the ones trying to spread it far and wide. Or is your issue that they're not the right strain of vampire?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

Why is this a trigger? Dragonknights use the Thu'um, and the Tsaesci and their followers and students are the ones trying to spread it far and wide. Or is your issue that they're not the right strain of vampire?

No... No they dont use Thuum...
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes they do.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just thought of another one, that irks me to no end: "mana" instead of "magicka". I don't know which setting that comes from but in TES, it's always "magicka"!

Somebody didnt play Battlespire or read Arcana Restored
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭

Yes they do.

Those references seem like they leave it intentionally up in the air. What am I missing?

nvm. I see the other post :)
    Edited by Dustfinger81 on August 8, 2017 6:37AM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes they do.

Those references seem like they leave it intentionally up in the air. What am I missing?

He made another post that shows how ignorant he is to the Thu'um concept. On lore, TES SP games trump ESO
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - Tiber Septim was a Nord.
    - Warcraft has better lore than Elder Scrolls.
    - The arcturian heresy is a lie.
    - Altmer were the first elves.
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Sunah wrote: »
    "ESO is just like Skyrim!"

Omg no. "Is eso as good as skyrim?" Cringe af

Yeah. Those peeps also ask if Project car is better than Fifa or Battlefield 1.
    I wonder why not many ask if Legends is like Skyrim too .
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'I know where the Dwemer went'
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »
    'I know where the Dwemer went'

Or...
    "All Dwemer have disappeared"...
    you'll always have at least one lore nerd to protest "EXCEPT ONE !!!!"

• RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who cares if the game breaks lore.. after all.. is lore really all that important?

Yes to some and kinda yes to most .
    I personally think lore are there to serve the game and the gameplay.What I most like about the main ES series is immersion.But too much lore inconsistency break the overall immersion.
    So yes it is important.
    Especially for such a long series with deep lore it is very important in this case.
    Lore consistency can also lead to lessen the franchise fatigueness.
    In case of ESO , I do not very much mind the lore breaking as it is a spin-off.
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    " Is Skyrim online MMO good ? "
    "There is no canon ,only different levels of good ideas"
    "Where is dragons in ESO?"
    "Where is Skyrim 2"
    "Amarnath"
    "My fan fiction is canon"
    "C0da is canon"
    "ESO doesn't break lore"
    I can go on and on.

Edited by RupzSkooma on August 8, 2017 5:08PM
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    "You lied! The Dwemer aren't extinct, I fought some in a Dwarven ruin."
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    Also, whenever we play pvp, my friend always calls the Ebonheart Pact the "Ebonyheart Pact". He has some nerve...
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes they do.

If it was the Thu'um, then the DKs would be shouting constantly. The critical part to understand is that the Thu'um is verbal in nature. "Shouting," isn't a metaphor, you're yelling in the Dragon language. For a DK to be using a Thu'um, they'd need to belt out Yol Toor Shul every time they cast fire breath.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "My fan fiction is canon"
    "C0da is canon"

Shouldn't that be, "my fanfiction is canon," "that other guy's fanfiction is canon?" :p
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "All these Crown Store mounts are breaking lore! What next, a unicorn mount?"

(Meanwhile, everyone who's played Oblivion rolls their eyes and heaves a huge sigh.)
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on August 9, 2017 1:57PM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭

Yes they do.

He made another post that shows how ignorant he is to the Thu'um concept. On lore, TES SP games trump ESO

What about the SP games demonstrate that ESO is wrong?

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes they do.

Whitecoat's been arguing that the DKs are using the Thu'um. Which, no, they're not. How the Thu'um functions has been examined in exhaustive detail, and what the DKs are doing doesn't fit it at all. The DKs think they're, "channeling the power of the dragons," but, given how their abilities manifest, not so much, no.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "ESO doesn't break lore"
    Now that is very subjective.
    Personally I rather dislike people who say:
    "ESO breaks lore"

It's probably safe to say though that neither/both are true, depending on what area of the lore you're looking at.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    "ESO doesn't break lore"
    Now that is very subjective.
    Personally I rather dislike people who say:
    "ESO breaks lore"

It's probably safe to say though that neither/both are true, depending on what area of the lore you're looking at.

"ESO takes lore, and has its way with it."
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Can we please choose our own racials?"
    This is actually perfectly lore-friendly, considering the nature of racials in ESO. The vast majority of them are either not wholly dependant on your racial background or easily inherited from a different race father. Argonian fast swimming is probably the only one that can't be (and Khajiit Night Eye, but that's not in ESO).
    Edited by Rosveen on August 9, 2017 10:04AM
  • Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭

Yes they do.

Whitecoat's been arguing that the DKs are using the Thu'um. Which, no, they're not. How the Thu'um functions has been examined in exhaustive detail, and what the DKs are doing doesn't fit it at all. The DKs think they're, "channeling the power of the dragons," but, given how their abilities manifest, not so much, no.

ehhh, Whitecoat uses lore sources for pretty strong support. How the Thuum functions may just be a failure of game mechanics.

At first, it seemed to me that the lore kept it up in the air. But, the sources do seem to support that they use the Thuum.
    Edited by Dustfinger81 on August 9, 2017 10:18AM
  • Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    "Can we please choose our own racials?"
    This is actually perfectly lore-friendly, considering the nature of racials in ESO. The vast majority of them are either not wholly dependant on your racial background or easily inherited from a different race father. Argonian fast swimming is probably the only one that can't be (and Khajiit Night Eye, but that's not in ESO).

This would take them out of the realm of racials and into personal strengths and skills.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously, DK's and their use of the Thu'um will trigger. :smiley:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife thought a necromancer was someone who was in love with their neck.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes they do.

Elder Scrolls is a Bethesda title. Lore from there is higher that ZoS lore. The only place it matters to take one side over the other is conflict. Like with Thu'um being so easily and readily taught to everyone that is a DK. There just isnt good lore logic to it
This discussion has been closed.