Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Cheese-free Cyrodiil!

Coilbox
Coilbox
✭✭✭✭
I CAN'T wait to get home today and see all those proc-based players getting their arses broken without the explosion of damage the 'triple proc combo' grants you...

I never complained about proc sets, never insulted anyone using them... basically cause if it's an option the game brings you it's not the players fault. To be honest, ambushing someone from stealth and delivering an insane amount of damage in 2 hits, not giving a second to that enemy to react is too tempting, easy AP and all...

But today... awh man... if all you had to offer was relying on your procsets to bring all the cheese on the enemys face you will struggle from now on... your enemy is not just gonna blow up instantly, he/she will have time to react and fight back in many cases and then the fight will be a bit more skill-based than just hitting 2 or 3 buttons.

Also, the way these sets have been tuned down is great in my opinion, they wont be OP in cyrodiil, and wont be just *** in PVE, cause the damage will still be there, just not straight away.

I dont think it's easy to balance both PVP and PVE together simply cause they work differently in so many aspects... so if ZOS keep their idea of doing it all together, it's going to be more a fail than success most of the times. In any case, this change in sets that were a problem in PVP, is a step in the right direction in my opinion.

Clever nerfing ZOS! :smile:
Comrade, a word...
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There never will be a cheese free Cyrodiil. The cheese just changes every 3 to 6 months. We know Uncle Sheo does approve.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    There will always be something in Cyrodiil making people QQ on the forums, just get over it.
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
    Options
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drazkyth wrote: »
    There will always be something in Cyrodiil making people QQ on the forums, just get over it.

Of course there will be always something, whinners will always whine.
    Comrade, a word...
    Options
  • HairyFairy
    HairyFairy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like @Drazkyth had tasted the cheese. Uncle Sheo even salts his cheese
    Hello darkness my old friend

HairyFairy- MagNB
    Scary-Fairy- MagDK
    HairyFairy's Kitty- StamNB
    Your a Lizard Hairy- MagSorc
    Jarl HairyFairy- StamDK
    Lord HairyFairy- MagPlar
    Craazy Fairy- StamSorc
    HairyFairy The Colossus - StamPlar
    Thanos Ender of Worlds - Stamcro
    Necro-*** - Magcro
    Options
  • Neelanna48
    Neelanna48
    ✭✭✭
    Would you like some whine with that cheese!! *sorry couldnt resist*
    Options
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    HairyFairy wrote: »
    Sounds like @Drazkyth had tasted the cheese. Uncle Sheo even salts his cheese

Your skills of perception are lacking my friend ;)

I am the Cheese
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torugs pact+ infuse oblivion enchant smells like the new cheese to me
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c19138e575fd96152189e7d0087e00df-d5mluv5.jpg
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    c19138e575fd96152189e7d0087e00df-d5mluv5.jpg

:D Brilliant
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
    Options
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »

Everyone that just reads the QQ and doesn't investigate will be in ruin after today's patch, the first thing I will do when patch notes come up is CTRL + F and type Torug and Infused. I hope they nerf it already because this will become one of the worst meta's.
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
    Options
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You think the forum is bad? You should see AD local chat out there 99% of the time.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
    Options
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    rootimus wrote: »

You think the forum is bad? You should see AD local chat out there 99% of the time.

It's the same on EP buddy :D
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, if you think the torug's pact oblivion infused enchants aren't going to be cheese you're wrong, because everyone and their mother will run those.
    Options
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »

Everyone that just reads the QQ and doesn't investigate will be in ruin after today's patch, the first thing I will do when patch notes come up is CTRL + F and type Torug and Infused. I hope they nerf it already because this will become one of the worst meta's.

I hope it ruins magsorc builds.but then we would have 100 times the amount of QQ threads about it then if its a hard counter to something like dks or templars.Sorc mains are stereotypicly the saltiest players.
    Options
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if im wrong, but i readed somewhere that Torugs Pact was overperforming due to a bug or something and it was gonna be fixed in the official patch today...?
    Comrade, a word...
    Options
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭

I hope it ruins magsorc builds.but then we would have 100 times the amount of QQ threads about it then if its a hard counter to something like dks or templars.Sorc mains are stereotypicly the saltiest players.

Shield spamming magsorcs are easy to counter with an infused oblivion damage lightning staff and shieldbreaker lol.
    Edited by Drazkyth on August 14, 2017 11:17AM
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
    Options
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coilbox wrote: »
    Correct me if im wrong, but i readed somewhere that Torugs Pact was overperforming due to a bug or something and it was gonna be fixed in the official patch today...?

Yes, fixed in last PTS patch.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
    Options
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭

Shield spamming magsorcs are easy to counter with an infused oblivion damage lightning staff and shieldbreaker lol.

getting fixed unfortunately :(
    Options
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭

Shield spamming magsorcs are always easy to counter with an infused oblivion damage lightning staff and sheidbreaker lol.

getting fixed unfortunately :(

Awww. We'll find a new way. To be honest the majority of magsorcs suck anyway so they aren't hard to kill. Now a skilled player wielding a magsorc is a real pain in the ***.
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
    Options
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rip most broken set in the game (thank god, but still pretty broken) but enjoy the torug's pact spam!
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
    Options
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    Ulfgarde wrote: »

Rip most broken set in the game (thank god, but still pretty broken) but enjoy the torug's pact spam!

I don't and won't have a Torugs pact set but whatever x)
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
    Options
  • Electrone_Magnus
    Electrone_Magnus
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they made it so that everyone gets the same gear in pvp areas kinda like the division or gw2. Like mag sorcs are only permitted to run 5 julianos 3 willpower 2 monster and random staff. That way there would be no more proc sets and everyone has the same gear so it will be easier for new players to get into pvp too.
    Options
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the same on EP buddy :D

That's a truly terrifying thought.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
    Options
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they made it so that everyone gets the same gear in pvp areas kinda like the division or gw2. Like mag sorcs are only permitted to run 5 julianos 3 willpower 2 monster and random staff. That way there would be no more proc sets and everyone has the same gear so it will be easier for new players to get into pvp too.

No, just no. Building a setup is probably one of my favourite things about ESO PvP. Why do you people want to limit player options? Silly.
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
    Options
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So no build diversity? No way of encouraging people to play the game uniquely and kick ass?

Sorry, don't think so. There's a reason why this game, in my opinion, stands out in its diversity compared to gear that directly translates to skill in games like BDO or WoW.
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
    Options
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭

AD SUX

Sorry, couldn't resist :)
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
    Options
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There will always be cheese so long as people uses macro's in pvp
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, just no. Building a setup is probably one of my favourite things about ESO PvP. Why do you people want to limit player options? Silly.

Seriously. I'd be rich. Maybe even have a chance to "git gud " because I'd be forced to learn one build and save a lot of gold and mats from no longer chasing the next idea I had. But I'd be bored.
    Options
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Omg ! Skoria has no nerf !? Jesus ! :((( skoria for every player build now ! :(((
    M
    Options
  • Sheylara
    Sheylara
    Could someone please explain what "cheese" means in this context and how did this word usage come about? :confused:

I keep seeing people talk about cheese. What's with all the cheese?
    Options