Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheese-free Cyrodiil!

• generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what she said.

Cheese is a really easy way to do something. Like, "I like how you cheesed that boss by standing on a ledge where it couldn't attack you as you heavy attacked."

I mean, my excitement comes when someone creates some unique new cheese!
    Edited by generalmyrick on August 14, 2017 1:14PM
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mappy2kx wrote: »
    Omg ! Skoria has no nerf !? Jesus ! :((( skoria for every player build now ! :(((

You Sir (or Madame) have no idea what you are talking about.
    Options
  • Sheylara
    Sheylara
    That's what she said.

Cheese is a really easy way to do something. Like, "I like how you cheesed that boss by standing on a ledge where it couldn't attack you as you heavy attacked."

Thanks! I kind of get it now.

But I don't get why it's considered cheese (and therefore bad) if people are just using skill/armor combos that are available and legal in the game?
    Options
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proctard tears will be falling soon
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
    Options
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheylara wrote: »
    That's what she said.

Thanks! I kind of get it now.

But I don't get why it's considered cheese (and therefore bad) if people are just using skill/armor combos that are available and legal in the game?

Thats exactly what i have always said. I called them cheese because everyone (or almost everyone) calls proc-sets stuff like that... or cancer.. or whatever.

But thats my point, it's a legal option the game gives you, it's no cheat or anything ilegal, so i never complained about them. The problem is that lots of players have been relying on what they give you for free (a proc of raw damage just by using your skills). And that explosion is gone now. So lot of people are going to be missing more than half of his build.

Im not gonna play the game of saying if they are good or bad for the game. Since they are legal and no cheat everyone is free to use them.
    Comrade, a word...
    Options
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I take it you haven't been hit by a proper sniper, can still 2 shot kill in PvP.

And you'll be seeing alot of magsorcs around now since oblivion glyph got nerfed.

Bad things are coming :trollface:
    Edited by Master_Kas on August 14, 2017 3:14PM
    EU | PC
    Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coilbox wrote: »
    I CAN'T wait to get home today and see all those proc-based players getting their arses broken without the explosion of damage the 'triple proc combo' grants you...

I never complained about proc sets, never insulted anyone using them... basically cause if it's an option the game brings you it's not the players fault. To be honest, ambushing someone from stealth and delivering an insane amount of damage in 2 hits, not giving a second to that enemy to react is too tempting, easy AP and all...

But today... awh man... if all you had to offer was relying on your procsets to bring all the cheese on the enemys face you will struggle from now on... your enemy is not just gonna blow up instantly, he/she will have time to react and fight back in many cases and then the fight will be a bit more skill-based than just hitting 2 or 3 buttons.

Also, the way these sets have been tuned down is great in my opinion, they wont be OP in cyrodiil, and wont be just *** in PVE, cause the damage will still be there, just not straight away.

I dont think it's easy to balance both PVP and PVE together simply cause they work differently in so many aspects... so if ZOS keep their idea of doing it all together, it's going to be more a fail than success most of the times. In any case, this change in sets that were a problem in PVP, is a step in the right direction in my opinion.

Clever nerfing ZOS! :smile:

Yea Magicka Sorcs are even stronger now haha...
    Options