The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

[suggestion] maelstrom arena AP vendor at Wrothgar

boaz733
boaz733
✭✭✭
same idea as the monster sets, spawn it at Wrothgar once a week to sell maelstrom weapons and sets for AP,
unlike the monster sets this vendor will spawn in Wrothgar and not at cyrodiil, to assure only people who own the DLC can access it.
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you really think that by having bought the dlc and having farmed some ap in a zerg makes you worthy of getting a msa weapon?
    On the one hand im really for a token system, but the weapons should still have to be earned by completing the arena, and for your desired weapon+trait more than once.
    Options
  • boaz733
    boaz733
    ✭✭✭
    yeah that is what i think , why force people to farm?
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Token system yes, but not AP.
    Options
  • boaz733
    boaz733
    ✭✭✭
    why force people to farm this extremely long arena?
    people just wanna have a good time playing the game, and those kind of "blocks" prevent that from happening
    i bet if zenimax share the statistics with us , it will show the same 100 players that are running this dung and no 1 else.
    Options
  • boaz733
    boaz733
    ✭✭✭
    it might also be a incentive for people to buy the DLC , and thus support the game.
    Options
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    You can still enjoy the game with no vmsa weapons. I do it every day. I ran it maybe 15 times then i decided that i didnt enjoy running it over and over. You can still run all content without them.
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm the wrong person to ask according to some, cause I'd be fine with them dropping on normal. So yeah, a vendor isn't a big no-no for me.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said I´m all for a token system, so it´s not about "forcing people to farm". I just think AP is the wrong way to go since it´s very easy to farm AP.
    Options
  • boaz733
    boaz733
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    As I said I´m all for a token system, so it´s not about "forcing people to farm". I just think AP is the wrong way to go since it´s very easy to farm AP.

why not make it easy?
    what kind of token u had in mind?
    Edited by boaz733 on August 12, 2017 2:11PM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    boaz733 wrote: »

why not make it easy?
    what kind of token u had in mind?

Why not make it easy?
    What would be the purpose with vMA rewards then? Personally I´ve never played vMA for the weapons, but for the score. If I get a good weapon then that´s just a bonus. I like the solo-aspect of vMA since I mostly play solo.

What kind of token u had in mind?
    A token system that helps with RNG but doesn´t remove it completely (If I could remove RNG I would but I prefer to think in realistic solutions and since the game contains a lot of RNG based stuff, it´s not realistic to think it will be removed
    ):
    * After each round of vMA you get X amount of tokens. Depending on your amount of deaths during the entire round you get extra tokens. Fewer deaths = More tokens.
    * At the beginning of the arena there will then be 2 merhcants where you can spend your tokens. The first merchant can give you a box with the desired weapon you want, but with a random trait. The 2nd merchant can give you the trait you want, but with a random weapon.

I think this suggestion is fairly realistic to implement and gives the player more of a choice. As I said, if I could remove RNG from the game I would, but this is more of a realistic suggestion.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you can only use it if you've successfully completed vMA on the toon you're buying with and weapons would have to cost a lot like 3million AP. And they are bop.
    Edited by Vapirko on August 12, 2017 2:51PM
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    But you can only use it if you've successfully completed vMA on the toon you're buying with and weapons would have to cost a lot like 3million AP. And they are bop.

Good ideas, @Vapirko ... and maybe add that the vendor only sells non-optimal traits like infused and defending (same as the Golden vendor).
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so , while the PVEboy are farming VMSA again and again and again ... the PVPboy should be able to buy them with AP ?

it's not a problem with monster set cause dungeon are well to easy ... but it's not because you do " zerg " or " repar a wall " that you deserve to skip the difficulty of the arena .

@Vapirko i'm ok with this idea , but only if we can also buy them with gold like the monster set vendor . ( bop of course and only available if you have completed Vma at least one time )
    Edited by Apherius on August 12, 2017 3:27PM
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Good ideas, @Vapirko ... and maybe add that the vendor only sells non-optimal traits like infused and defending (same as the Golden vendor).

for PVE infused will be pretty good with Horn of the reach update.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could just be one random trait weapon each weekend with the above mentioned requirements and that would still have a lot of rng involved. VMA weapons are no longer BiS, and so it's more of a preference at this point.
    Options
  • Flowersquisher
    Flowersquisher
    ✭✭✭
    With the next update vma weapons won't even be BiS anymore. Still if you really want one, EARN it. SOOOOO sick of these "give me vma weapons cause I suck too much to get them" threads. It's really not that hard, spend a few hours learning it the first time, after that you'll wonder why you died so many times. Hate to say it, but please stop begging for weapons that you would know what to do with anyway!!!
    Options
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    boaz733 wrote: »
    why force people to farm this extremely long arena?
    people just wanna have a good time playing the game, and those kind of "blocks" prevent that from happening

And yet you're saying that they should be sold for AP? More people hate PvP than those that hate vMA. When they add a token system, It needs to be based on the arena, not on completely unrelated content.
    Edited by Tyrobag on August 12, 2017 4:12PM
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With the next update vma weapons won't even be BiS anymore. Still if you really want one, EARN it. SOOOOO sick of these "give me vma weapons cause I suck too much to get them" threads. It's really not that hard, spend a few hours learning it the first time, after that you'll wonder why you died so many times. Hate to say it, but please stop begging for weapons that you would know what to do with anyway!!!

Why do people still default to these "earn it" arguments when discussing VMA? Anyone who wants to can complete VMA, yet not everyone who wants to can get lucky with their RNG drops for the weapon/trait they need. The "earn it" responses have truly become a crutch for the intellectually lazy who have somehow convinced themselves that VMA is still hard and that they are part of some elite few who are able to complete it.

VMA is so mind-numbingly easy and uninteresting that it isn't even funny. Everyone I know in game has completed dozens and dozens of times. Yet some of us have good weapons and some of us don't.

I'm curious: Did the person who within their first 20 runs got a Sharpened Inferno staff "earn it" anymore than the people who have run VMA literally hundreds of times without ever having one drop?
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't beaten it so speak for yourself
    Options
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can buy everything in this game then at some point nobody will ever farm anymore. Soon after ppl will stop playing because there will be no reason to get everything day one.
    Edited by deleted008293 on August 12, 2017 5:29PM
    Options
  • Flowersquisher
    Flowersquisher
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

Why do people still default to these "earn it" arguments when discussing VMA? Anyone who wants to can complete VMA, yet not everyone who wants to can get lucky with their RNG drops for the weapon/trait they need. The "earn it" responses have truly become a crutch for the intellectually lazy who have somehow convinced themselves that VMA is still hard and that they are part of some elite few who are able to complete it.

VMA is so mind-numbingly easy and uninteresting that it isn't even funny. Everyone I know in game has completed dozens and dozens of times. Yet some of us have good weapons and some of us don't.

I'm curious: Did the person who within their first 20 runs got a Sharpened Inferno staff "earn it" anymore than the people who have run VMA literally hundreds of times without ever having one drop?

Ok, so i left out the "I'm good with token system", but to be able to buy with AP??? So, some zerging AP farmer is able to buy vma weapons, are you really ok with this idea. Oh, btw i'm do not consider myself elite by any stretch, and "Intellectually lazy"; come on man, who do you think you are??
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has nothing to do with how you "earn it". Look at it this way: Why should you get rewards from content you don´t want to do??

And don´t use AP-vendor as a counter argument, that´s not close to the same thing. vMA is a trial (solo-trial). No where in the game can you buy trialgear with AP.
    Options
  • Solypsys
    Solypsys
    ✭✭
    I personally would love a token system, where you earn tokens by completing vMSA and get more for doing harder runs (low death, no upgrades, etc). Or if they would make it so one of the NPCs at the end of it will let you re-roll a maelstrom weapon in addition to having one drop in the final chest; maybe even make the "reroll option" contingent on completing it with a non-zero vitality bonus or a minimum score.
    Options
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Token yes.

Ap no.

You gotta earn them sticks bro.
    Options
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is forcing you to farm it. Go back to pvp land if you don't wanna be bothered playing the content. Bad enough they gave you guys free monster helms. Might as well sell the trials skins for ap while you're at it.
    Options
  • CastaLyron
    CastaLyron
    ✭✭
    Do the same with points from vma but never ap.
    Better runs = more points
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mainly pvp but please dont do that

Give pvp it s own interestig rewards

Put a token system in vma

Thats it for me :)
    Options
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has nothing to do with how you "earn it". Look at it this way: Why should you get rewards from content you don´t want to do??

And don´t use AP-vendor as a counter argument, that´s not close to the same thing. vMA is a trial (solo-trial). No where in the game can you buy trialgear with AP.

Cuz all we care about is PVP , and forcing us to run the same dungeon for over 200 times(some cases even more), is annoying as hell.
    Some pepole dont want to have anything to do with PVE...
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously doubt Zos will consider selling vMA weapons via any means. The only possibility would be end of campaign rewards for those near the top of the leaderboard in a campaign because that is what used to be with Master weapons. Even then it is clear Zos has abandoned that.

Besides, a player good at PvP should do well in vMA.
    Edited by idk on August 13, 2017 6:24AM
    Options
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously doubt Zos will consider selling vMA weapons via any means. The only possibility would be end of campaign rewards for those near the top of the leaderboard in a campaign because that is what used to be with Master weapons. Even then it is clear Zos has abandoned that.

Besides, a player good at PvP should do well in vMA.

It's not about if PVPers doing well or not, its about wasting our time...
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

Options