Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

My buddy just got this game, and entered Kyne for the first time...

Strider_Roshin
Strider_Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
And guess which class this brand new player noticed is over-performing?

What's funny is that he thought this class specialized in heavy armor because he couldn't do anything to their health lol
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden?
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sorc
    PS4 NA DC
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sorc

Correct! You get a cookie :cookie:
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proctards?
    "We're all born under the same sky and on the same earth. Therefore, we all deserve the same amount of respect."
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU
  • Merkabeh
    Merkabeh
    ✭✭✭
    I'll eat my hat if the answer isn't magsorc...
    Crusader of The Knights of the Alessian Order

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" - Sallington

#CommunicationEquality
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Proctards?

Nope, but to be fair he was in Kyne.
  • TGAM_ALEX
    TGAM_ALEX
    ✭✭
    How could a brand new player say that any class is 'over-performing'?

Best thread 2017
    Edited by TGAM_ALEX on August 10, 2017 10:27PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TGAM_ALEX wrote: »
    How could a brand new player say that any class is 'over-performing'?

Best thread 2017

What's sad is that it takes such a little amount of time to notice it :wink:
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sorc

Both of you, shhhh you nightblades! lol
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But somehow the combat team will read this and think "nerf Templar".
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I genuinely thought it is going to be stamblade.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »

Stamblade isn't OP in the sub-50 non cp campaign (kyne). Proc sets and cp are where blades really start to shine.
    Edited by Reverb on August 10, 2017 10:39PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Stamblade isn't OP in the sub-50 non cp campaign (kyne). Proc sets and cp are where blades really start to shine.

Man I can't wait for next update. Those proctards are going to get a rude awakening when HoR goes live :smiley:
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Man I can't wait for next update. Those proctards are going to get a rude awakening when HoR goes live :smiley:

I'm a stamblade that has never used proc sets, the nerf means there still viable just not broken
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm a stamblade that has never used proc sets, the nerf means there still viable just not broken

You and me both @bloodthirstyvampire :smile:
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes sorc so OP in non vet PVP?

Ranked to 1st Sergeant in Kyne on my Stam Warden, and I never felt like one class killed me more than any other.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I knew it wasnt stamblade because you can dent a stamblades health. A pro stamblade is just very elusive and hard to finish when low always managing to get back to 100% hp.

A mag sorc who refreshes shields consistantly feels like a defense you cant budge.
    PS4 NA DC
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But somehow the combat team will read this and think "nerf Templar".

haha that's *** awesome.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, he is talking about Kyne. There really isn't that many proctards in Kyne, and for those that have grinded gear for a non-vet campaign, I'm embarrassed for you.

I'd say while Sorc is good, I've got a pretty good magDK in Kyne, and the Pokemon class is strong too. I don't think sorc over performs as much in non-vet, as it does in big boy camp. Pokemon class is strong, getting the 20 kills in cyro in non-vet isn't as easy as say NB's.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Red Mountain and Selene's are actually increasing in damage as they are now affected by +damage abilities/skills :)
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »

Red Mountain and Selene's are actually increasing in damage as they are now affected by +damage abilities/skills :)

In all fairness, Viper was by far the biggest problem of the 3 (IMO) and that set is going to be total garbo after the nerf.

Red Mountain is sounding like it is going to be significantly worse, though I haven't done any testing myself.

Selene is also sounding like it will be notably worse, though I can't say that for certain either because I haven't done any testing with it.

I think the nerfs will be enough to force them to switch to other sets (possibly not selene's), but we will see.
    Edited by Betsararie on August 11, 2017 12:28AM
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sorc

Well, sorc is probably the hardest to counter if you don't know what you are doing. But I wouldn't say they are overperforming, at least not in match ups of the same skill level and that's what's relevant in my opinion.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

In all fairness, Viper was by far the biggest problem of the 3 (IMO) and that set is going to be total garbo after the nerf.

Red Mountain is sounding like it is going to be significantly worse, though I haven't done any testing myself.

Selene is also sounding like it will be notably worse, though I can't say that for certain either because I haven't done any testing with it.

I think the nerfs will be enough to force them to switch to other sets (possibly not selene's), but we will see.
    Proc build next patch Viper,Posion serpent Skoria.DW allow me to Double proc poison serpent aince they haven't fixed that and viper with blood craze add another dot and help proc skoria.viper gonna be just as bad.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    #nerfsorc
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah cause brand new players are such a sound source of input on balance.

Magicka sorc has always been a noob stomping class, which is why it seems so overpowered to inexperienced or bad players. If you had no idea how their burst/defensive mechanics work I can totally see why someone would think they are overpowered. Which is precisely why so many people complain about the class, lots of vocal baddies in eso.

In fights among evenly matched opponents however, I haven't found (traditional) mag sorc to be overpowered in a very very long time. And for the record, no, I don't play a magicka sorc.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

Proc build next patch Viper,Posion serpent Skoria.DW allow me to Double proc poison serpent aince they haven't fixed that and viper with blood craze add another dot and help proc skoria.viper gonna be just as bad.

This sounds like a particularly nasty proc build. Would be interested to see how it performs

I guess you proc players will do anything to keep getting that proc fix. ;)
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

This sounds like a particularly nasty proc build. Would be interested to see how it performs

I guess you proc players will do anything to keep getting that proc fix. ;)

They really shouldn't have spared Skoria.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saw you trolling everywhere on forum about OP stuff!

If he just got this game, staright jump into pvp then he should first L2P.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on August 11, 2017 3:41AM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what it is, nerfing it wont make you happy.

You will only calll something else OP.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saw you trolling everywhere on forum about OP stuff!

If he just got this game, staright jump into pvp then he should first L2P.

Oh he's learning alright. He really digs animation cancelling, and he's trying to get better with that.