Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Changes to Emperor need happen

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Can only be crowned Emperor once during a campaign til reset.

I'm not super familiar with PvP posts...is this one like auction house or proc sets? Emperor is a tough title to get, and nearly impossible when you see the same small few people topping the leaderboards for the duration. Like the last scourge. No one in AD could touch the AP of that player so didn't stand a chance. Closest one was 7 million AP behind.

I know it would give a little less incentive for some to keep playing, but they already got Emp so there's that.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Can only be crowned Emperor once during a campaign til reset....

....I know it would give a little less incentive for some to keep playing, but they already got Emp so there's that.

But a big part of pushing emperor--in actually competitive servers--is to do it with a guild behind you to actually influence score. Often that involves being dethroned and recrowned. It's not about farming the achievements for as many people as possible.

I understand your frustration--and I agree that emp system needs some changes--but I don't think a blanket limit of 1 reign per campaign is the right call.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been suggested a lot and it's normally not liked because you're basically saying "people good enough to be number 1 shouldn't be able to keep the rewards of that".

No disrespected to you but it's normally asked for from people who are not able or willing to invest in becoming an Emperor.

It's pretty easy to grab if you have a guild backing you, wait for a 7 day reset, get them to boost you (legally not kill trading) by leaving all def ticks for you alone, letting you repair whilst they do other things etc.

I have crowned a number of Emperors in the past because I had the guild to do it with, if you don't have a PvP guild get one and then when you're settled ask if they would be willing to help. Don't use one just for the achievement however.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mechanics need a change. Stacking all 3 factions into a battle for the last Emp keep is not a brilliant idea if your servers run on faith and hamster power alone.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

....I know it would give a little less incentive for some to keep playing, but they already got Emp so there's that.

But a big part of pushing emperor--in actually competitive servers--is to do it with a guild behind you to actually influence score. Often that involves being dethroned and recrowned. It's not about farming the achievements for as many people as possible.

I understand your frustration--and I agree that emp system needs some changes--but I don't think a blanket limit of 1 reign per campaign is the right call.

I hear what your saying, but when one guy is so far ahead of everyone there's no chance. Players didn't really want to push for him, but for their faction.

And yes, I would totally exploit a 7 day or no cp to help myself or my friends. Lol
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I hear what your saying, but when one guy is so far ahead of everyone there's no chance. Players didn't really want to push for him, but for their faction.

And yes, I would totally exploit a 7 day or no cp to help myself or my friends. Lol

But that's the thing--he's a bad apple. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of bad apples. But if you've ever played a server where the emp was a true faction leader, is well liked, encourages and helps the faction, in a server that is high pop around the clock, it's really, really cool.

On the flipside, a limit of 1 reign per campaign would mean that a lot of guilds would likely NOT defend faction stuff if their dude was 2-5 on the leaderboard, because they want to be dethroned and move him up the emp queue. To be honest, I've never heard a solution for the emp system that isn't toxic (in some way). The best answer might be for us to just be better people /shrug.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say you can only be Emp once a year, enough is enough!
    Other ppl should also be able to have this achievement and the abilities set free with it.
    And then one guiold dominates this for over a year and then they decide to go and play something else, and all was for nothing.
    I say: Emperor for all in reach, and you can only be emp once a year!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I really regret not sacrificing some hours of sleep back when Spellbreaker existed. Was #4 on the leaderboard on an empty campaign (was during the 2x tel-var event). Should´ve asked some guildies on the DC-faction to help me push that ***......

I only want the cool costume xD. Only place I truly see me getting emp one day is on the 7 day campaign.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emp should be left alone.
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not super familiar with PvP posts...is this one like auction house or proc sets? Emperor is a tough title to get, and nearly impossible when you see the same small few people topping the leaderboards for the duration. Like the last scourge. No one in AD could touch the AP of that player so didn't stand a chance. Closest one was 7 million AP behind.

I know it would give a little less incentive for some to keep playing, but they already got Emp so there's that.

EMP should not be easy to get, and it sure as hell should not just be given out.

[Edit to remove naming and shaming]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 29, 2017 6:25PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But that's the thing--he's a bad apple. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of bad apples. But if you've ever played a server where the emp was a true faction leader, is well liked, encourages and helps the faction, in a server that is high pop around the clock, it's really, really cool.

On the flipside, a limit of 1 reign per campaign would mean that a lot of guilds would likely NOT defend faction stuff if their dude was 2-5 on the leaderboard, because they want to be dethroned and move him up the emp queue. To be honest, I've never heard a solution for the emp system that isn't toxic (in some way). The best answer might be for us to just be better people /shrug.

Completely agree. The Emp achievement is boils down to who has the most time. Yes you'll need help from others (hopefully legit help) and it'll be harder if you're despised by your faction (though still not impossible).
    It must be very frustrating to someone who wants the achievement for completionist reasons, but I don't think there's a way to make a system that isn't going to be problematic, and probably problematic in the same ways as the current system.
    I'll never have the time to do it, and I just made my peace with that a long time ago.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not going to change. Most farming groups like it like this and they have a big voice. If you want to farm emp, make a guild for it, do it on a dead server like shor once the event is over or one of the new servers if they are up a bit after the event is over. Get a guild of about 60 people each wanting emp and willing to help past their crowning, make 3 teams of 20, one team flips the circle, one team feeds the candidate, and one team defends the team that is preparing the ring. Each of the 3 teams can be a different faction, so this can be a cross faction guild. There are likely easier ways to do it than this from a logistic standpoint but this is bullet proof as you will have 40 people from 2 factions to focus any opposition, and you can even use spys from the same faction as any opposition you face to turn siege away from keeps and herald false announcements to keep your opponents from being effective.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    ''QQ my self entitlement''. Yawn.

Can't be bothered to put in the work, go without. Not a hard concept to understand. Is fine as it is.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes to Emp, No: A really nice Soldier, will only get Emp once and go on another toon. Whilst that former Emp is on another Toon, the one Below Her will pass former Emp to become new Emp.

Changes to Emp, Yes: A Emp who wants to not let others from below pass Emp. Instead same Emp keeps Emp everyday for 30 days. (Currently happening)

But we all must consider. War is unfair, so why can't Virtual Warfare in a game not be unfair as well?
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • mmogamerperson
    mmogamerperson
    ✭✭✭
    Changes to Emp, No: A really nice Soldier, will only get Emp once and go on another toon. Whilst that former Emp is on another Toon, the one Below Her will pass former Emp to become new Emp.

Changes to Emp, Yes: A Emp who wants to not let others from below pass Emp. Instead same Emp keeps Emp everyday for 30 days. (Currently happening)

But we all must consider. War is unfair, so why can't Virtual Warfare in a game not be unfair as well?

Because it's a game that we play for fun.
    The only Sane people in the world are those that are iNsAnE, and know it...
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the dethrone mechanics should be rethought.

At this point in time it encourages a multifaction slideshow in the final emperor keep with everyone stacked on top of itself.

Perhaps make retaining control of both home Elder Scrolls a prerequisite to becoming and maintaining Emperor? Need both to crown, need one to retain. This splits the defenders up and allows multiple objectives to be viable in dethroning to help smooth out the lag.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the dethrone mechanics should be rethought.

At this point in time it encourages a multifaction slideshow in the final emperor keep with everyone stacked on top of itself.

Perhaps make retaining control of both home Elder Scrolls a prerequisite to becoming and maintaining Emperor? Need both to crown, need one to retain. This splits the defenders up and allows multiple objectives to be viable in dethroning to help smooth out the lag.

This I'd like to see. Last Emp keeps are a dumpster fire.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like op's idea because people spend a *** load of time to get emperor. its only fair that more people in top 10 get a chance. hell emp ap shouldnt contribute towards leaderboards.
    PS4 NA DC
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll never make emperor and I'm ok with that ... But it would be nice to see some new rewards ... Tactian title for players who exhibit tactical play

Emperors Hand for players who where in the group when the emperor was crowned

Something that allows us lesser players feel we have contributed

Battlegrounds I see this happen but I don't see this in campaign play
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe the situation would improve if the 7 day campaigns were all boosted to 30 days.

In 30 day campaigns there is enough duration that each campaign has a bit more meaning, less people trying to get emperor title, certainly less instances of cross faction flipping etc
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Emperor is a tough title to get, and nearly impossible when you see the same small few people topping the leaderboards for the duration.

Don't need every title and 90% of achievements in ESO are not really achievements, they are casual give aways.

• ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emporer should have a cooldown of 6 months. Once you get it in one campaign, you can regain it like like it is now. But once that campaign ends you are not eligible to get it again on that account for 6 months.
  • mirrormirror
    mirrormirror
    ✭✭
    Holding previous emperorships, and holding the number 1 spot on EP Sotha Sil NA currently, I believe just like getting GO when someone sees a former emperor title you should be a threat/menace in PvP.

Obviously due to 7-day campaign farms/trading and other activities you see people not deserving of the title. You'll frequently see less than underwhelming PvP players have it and the occasional care bear.

But, the system rewards two things -> 1. Time invested, 2. AP per Hour (AP/H). If you are considerably better than your competition and can invest a respectable amount of time you will top the leaderboards.

Meaning if you are running in 24 mans straight zerging you will make decent AP but a player running solo or small man will make way more (like I mentioned they have to be good at PvP and consistently farm).

In my opinion, skill + time beats only time. And emperor achievment is and never was for everyone. Just like GO. (But the system can be adjusted a bit).

Edited by mirrormirror on July 29, 2017 6:30PM
    - ð Ysaraj ð -
    Bomb Blade
    Former Emperor of Sotha Sil
    Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    - NA -
    Sotha Sil and others
    "Death is only the beginning"
    - ð ð ð -
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no problems with the same player getting emperor / empress more than once during a campaign cycle. What is bothering me is the amount of APs an emperor / empress is able to make compared to a normal player. It makes things much harder to catch up for the other players in line. I made almost 2m APs in 12hours on Shor NA myself as emperor yesterday and got a lead of over 1m on the 2nd on the board.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • xxVARLEYxx
    xxVARLEYxx
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps emperor should gain a special passive,

'Hierarchy' - Emperor earns 50% reduced AP

Would give future emps a sporting chance to compete with a well performing emperor.

• Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emp AP bonus is too high. Turning that down a little will help.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i was number #2 on xarses , but unfortunaly like many people i can't play 24/7
    Edited by Apherius on July 31, 2017 9:01PM