The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We are currently investigating connection issues some players are having on the North American megaservers. We will update as new information becomes available.

Thoughts on Warden class in PvP?

Sarato
Sarato
✭✭✭
Title says it all. (Magicka and Stamina btw)
Edited by Sarato on July 17, 2017 7:01AM
Take me drunk, I'm home. Fav song: Pony - Ginuwine
  • shepardTHEweak
    shepardTHEweak
    ✭✭✭
    screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer...zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Options
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing mostly a healer in Cyrodiil on the Warden, I like it. Its quite nice to be able to constantly cast a healing ability of some sort, and the ultimate is just ticking over constantly I can throw it out pretty fast. I'm running necropentance with the Blue betty which awesome, your magika pool is pretty full as long as the betty is out. Damage dealing on it is...difficult but surely possible. I feel like the warden is lacking some good damage abilities though, I'm just using pulse and screaming cliff racer. as stated above haha!

"I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

Options
  • ghwaite
    ghwaite
    ✭✭✭
    I have given it a go but it's just dull, after 15-20 min I login to another class for pop fun time.
    Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my warden . I had zero interest in playing a warden but made one just to test it out . Very fun for me .
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer...zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    This.

Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnviOfVai wrote: »
    I feel like the warden is lacking some good damage abilities though, I'm just using pulse and screaming cliff racer. as stated above haha!

Warden actually has pretty decent burst.. and a high damage spammable.. if I had to pinpoint an issue, I'd say the lack of a decent finisher is an issue sometimes... as anything with healing ward or a shield will just recover if you don't 1-shot.

Cliff racer is the counter to the dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge'rs.

Options
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please ZOS, do not nerf screaming cliff racer.....REMOVE IT FROM THE GAME ALL TOGETHER!
    Options
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing a magic warden for about a month. Enjoying some of its versatility but that is because it fits my play style in Cyrodiil quite well. Truthfully any other magic class actually performs better in most scenarios. The one thing I have noticed now it is pretty hard to finish the 20 kill warden PvP quest compared to any other class so my guess is that most people who have given warden a try have gone back to other classes
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    This.

This is what I was seeing yesterday:

Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Power of the Light, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, dead target.
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird.. all I see these days is Mage's Fury spam.
    Options
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to play my Stam Warden in PVP it is very nice with the Subterranean Assault prepare and then Invasion into the enemy horde and *BOOM*. I like it.
    Options
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a support role, I love the warden. As a damage role, its terrible. All the abilities are delayed, and its not fun to play at all. As a stam warden I would guess its fine since you can use weapon abilities to actually cast something and have it hit when you want it to. No, my go-to for PvP is still magicka-Dk or stamina-DK, even with the problems they have, both are a more fun choice for me than the warden.
    Options
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam warden in pvp is fun. Magicka just too weak.
    Options
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree, been playing my templar lately, so this is what it looks like:

Warden: Screaming Cliff Racer
    Me: Honor the Dead
    Options
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to zos for successfully creating a new version of the cliff racer that's even more annoying than the original.

#SKREESKREE
    Edited by bikerangelo on July 17, 2017 3:40PM
    Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a lot of fun and quite some success with it. Is there any particular question you'd like to ask @Sarato
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    Please ZOS, do not nerf screaming cliff racer.....REMOVE IT FROM THE GAME ALL TOGETHER!

Players complaining about cliff racers ... it feels like 2002 again ...
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copy/paste from another thread on this topic:

I have lots of playtime with Mag Warden. Undaunted rank 9 and a million solo earned AP.

DPS in PVE is definitely lacking compared to other classes. Sustain is also just as bad as other classes. Pretty sure Winter's Revenge is bugged and should be doing more damage than it currently does. One big gripe is that if I want to push up the DPS to be on par with other classes, I have to use the Bear ulti, which takes both bars, and doesn't allow me to use Meteor or Elemental Rage on fights that need it (all fights in Vet Maw for example!).

PVP Mag Warden has super high burst. You can hit 3 abilities + stun in one combat tick. This usually knocks non-tanky characters well below half health or downright kills them. Many players do not expect this.

PVP Mag Warden has the strongest somewhat-spammable, longest range, AOE heal available. If allies on the front lines are getting hurt, you just use your forest ulti. And 10 seconds later, that ulti is back up, and you can use it again. So many people underestimate this. Being able to throw the strongest heal in the game up to 36 meters away is downright powerful.

Fletcher Infection is just weak in PVP. I see it do 1-2k per tick. And remember, the ticks happen every 2 seconds. So this DPS is completely negligible. I have also used Swarming Infection, and it definitely spreads well in zerg PVP, but the damage is still tiny.

PVP Warden has the Frozen Portal spell. This is the longest range chain in the game. AND it acts as a trap, so you can place it and wait. This spell causes so many deaths to players that would otherwise manage to escape. Use it on a guarded door = guaranteed death. Use it to pull someone on the front line = guaranteed death. This also works on very uneven terrain!!! You can literally pull someone up to the top of a hill that they are unable to climb up.

Cliff Racer needs to remain undodgeable. It's one of the only counters to dodge roll spam. Those NBs that stealth, try their burst combo, and then dodge roll away have to be able to die somehow. And since Warden has no reliable CCs, this is the solution.
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing more unwanted than a kill 20 Wardens bounty.
    Options
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy both my Wardens as support, but I don't expect to kill many.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
    Options
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    There's nothing more unwanted than a kill 20 Wardens bounty.

QFT.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
    Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fletcher Infection is just weak in PVP. I see it do 1-2k per tick. And remember, the ticks happen every 2 seconds. So this DPS is completely negligible. I have also used Swarming Infection, and it definitely spreads well in zerg PVP, but the damage is still tiny.
    Why you feel Infection is week? It's one of the, if not the highest hitting single target dot in the game. It's pretty good.
    Docmandu wrote: »
    AnviOfVai wrote: »
    I feel like the warden is lacking some good damage abilities though, I'm just using pulse and screaming cliff racer. as stated above haha!

Warden actually has pretty decent burst.. and a high damage spammable.. if I had to pinpoint an issue, I'd say the lack of a decent finisher is an issue sometimes... as anything with healing ward or a shield will just recover if you don't 1-shot.
    Cliff racer is the counter to the dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge'rs.
    Maybe you could try Soul Assault, coughts plenty of ppl unprepared for cough*kodi*cough xd

Edit. Anyone knows how to paste twitch clips with BBCode
    Edited by SanTii.92 on July 17, 2017 8:17PM

Options
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    outside of ballista bolt burn, most dots are extremely weak in pvp
    Options
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basicly the twin of the templar.
    Insane heals and spamming one skill (battlegrounds premade with templars and warden only is a terrifying sight to behold).
    Still outclassed by sorc and nbs.
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will quote one youtube persona:

(polish accent) It's f**king OP.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SanTii.92 I don't use Fletcher not because the move itself is weak, but because there is no way to capitalize on it.

It ticks every 2 seconds, so it's not reliable source of finishing your opponent off after your burst.
    Your burst is on a 3 sec interval, meaning at least half of the time Fletcher will be HoT'd away
    Does not proc Skoria and Nieren'eth and the other are not synergetic

So while the ability itself is good, it would fit much better on NB or DK imo
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SanTii.92 I don't use Fletcher not because the move itself is weak, but because there is no way to capitalize on it.

It ticks every 2 seconds, so it's not reliable source of finishing your opponent off after your burst.
    Your burst is on a 3 sec interval, meaning at least half of the time Fletcher will be HoT'd away
    Does not proc Skoria and Nieren'eth and the other are not synergetic

So while the ability itself is good, it would fit much better on NB or DK imo
    It's strong preassure on duels, I understand tho the unappealing on group play. Still I run it for Bgs or small scale where target prioritization is important. Hits hard, 2k ticks is nothing to laugh about.

Options
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea the dps side seems a lil dull but I love doing healing on my warden in BG and pvp and dungeons. Good alt to my templar
    Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea the dps side seems a lil dull but I love doing healing on my warden in BG and pvp and dungeons. Good alt to my templar
    One o fthe things that appeal the most to me is how i can provide really meaningful support with few skills. For the most part I can keep a group of 4 very much alive with only healing ward, Nature's Embrace and Enchanting Forest, while also dipping a lot of burst with few skills too. Deep Fissure into cliff racer and force pulse is quite brutal.

Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Super OP
    Options