The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Thoughts on Warden class in PvP?

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer...zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Agree, been playing my templar lately, so this is what it looks like:

Warden: Screaming Cliff Racer
    Me: Honor the Dead

Replace Honor the Dead, with Hardend Ward and that's pretty much me on my MagSorc.

MagWarden DPS needs some kinda buff.

Not to the Racer imo. Elsewhere.
    Yea the dps side seems a lil dull but I love doing healing on my warden in BG and pvp and dungeons. Good alt to my templar

Oh yea, absolutely. My Argonain Healer is amazing with how much she can poop out heals. I love my lil girl to death when shes off healing everything.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on July 17, 2017 6:31PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Fletcher Infection is just weak in PVP. I see it do 1-2k per tick. And remember, the ticks happen every 2 seconds. So this DPS is completely negligible. I have also used Swarming Infection, and it definitely spreads well in zerg PVP, but the damage is still tiny.
    Why you feel Infection is week? It's one of the, if not the highest hitting single target dot in the game. It's pretty good.
    Docmandu wrote: »
    AnviOfVai wrote: »
    I feel like the warden is lacking some good damage abilities though, I'm just using pulse and screaming cliff racer. as stated above haha!

Warden actually has pretty decent burst.. and a high damage spammable.. if I had to pinpoint an issue, I'd say the lack of a decent finisher is an issue sometimes... as anything with healing ward or a shield will just recover if you don't 1-shot.
    Cliff racer is the counter to the dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge'rs.
    Maybe you could try Soul Assault, coughts plenty of ppl unprepared for Twitch Clip

Edit. Anyone knows how to paste twitch clips with BBCode

Don't have the stomach to go through that darn Main Quest line yet again... 3 times was enough
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fletcher Infection is just weak in PVP. I see it do 1-2k per tick. And remember, the ticks happen every 2 seconds. So this DPS is completely negligible. I have also used Swarming Infection, and it definitely spreads well in zerg PVP, but the damage is still tiny.
    Why you feel Infection is week? It's one of the, if not the highest hitting single target dot in the game. It's pretty good.
    AnviOfVai wrote: »
    I feel like the warden is lacking some good damage abilities though, I'm just using pulse and screaming cliff racer. as stated above haha!

Warden actually has pretty decent burst.. and a high damage spammable.. if I had to pinpoint an issue, I'd say the lack of a decent finisher is an issue sometimes... as anything with healing ward or a shield will just recover if you don't 1-shot.
    Cliff racer is the counter to the dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge'rs.
    Maybe you could try Soul Assault, coughts plenty of ppl unprepared for Twitch Clip

Edit. Anyone knows how to paste twitch clips with BBCode

Don't have the stomach to go through that darn Main Quest line yet again... 3 times was enough
    Well, Dawnbreaker then does the trick too but you lose the range advantage. Or the bear, but it has a whole lot of different problems.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen some "op" wardens as most would say. I seen them hang behind their alliance buddies and spam birds at enemies.
  • Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty, Pretty and Pretty with one op skill, that takes zero skill to spam.

Take away the bird and the warden is left just being pretty in pvp.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen some "op" wardens as most would say. I seen them hang behind their alliance buddies and spam birds at enemies.

Like snipers use snipe
    and templars use radiant
    And sorcs use Mage's Fury
    and DK's... well they just tank and root zergs so their buddies can finish off people.
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they are my allies I love them. When they are my enemies I keep my distance because of that ridiculous blizzard ultimate.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • xXMichonneXx
    xXMichonneXx
    ✭✭✭
    I hate my stam warden--maybe I'm doing it wrong.
    XBoxOne NA
    910 CP
    50 Imperial Stamblade DC
    50 Argonian Templar Healer DC
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc DC
    50 Imperial Stam Templar DC
    50 Dunmer Mag DK DC
    50 Imperial Stam Sorc DC
    50 Nord Stam DK Tank DC
    50 Redguard Stam DK DPS DC
    50 Altmer Mag Templar DPS DC
    50 Imperial Stam Warden DC
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden over-performs in PvP and it utter trash in PvE by comparison.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden over-performs in PvP and it utter trash in PvE by comparison.

Sorc over-performs in pvp.

Maybe they should put all shields on a global cd.
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    I love my warden . I had zero interest in playing a warden but made one just to test it out . Very fun for me .

Hi, Stamwarden? I'm contemplating about making one. Thanks.
    Take me drunk, I'm home. Fav song: Pony - Ginuwine
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    Super OP

Both Magicka and Stamina?
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina can do a good job stacking damage to all go off at once. Magicka seems to be... Let's just say they probably have the Cliff Racer song on loop.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    There's nothing more unwanted than a kill 20 Wardens bounty.

I tried one of those the other day - reached 100k AP and still only had about a dozen warden kills...

I'm going back to abandoning them right away and hoping for something better - even dk's seem easier to find and kill...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    im maining magwarden in pvp, using Jack Daniels build and its the most fun i've had since launch.
    I mostly played magplar and magsorc before and i'll never go back.
    Versatilly, tankiness, healing, mobility, insane burst damage, OP ult gen... heh, i hope everyone keeps thinking its weak.
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    im maining magwarden in pvp, using Jack Daniels build and its the most fun i've had since launch.
    I mostly played magplar and magsorc before and i'll never go back.
    Versatilly, tankiness, healing, mobility, insane burst damage, OP ult gen... heh, i hope everyone keeps thinking its weak.

I'm making a magwarden now you cheeky..
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    @HeathenDeacon Currently LF>Fun haha
  • kromegas
    kromegas
    ✭✭✭
    I currently am maining one in pvp and have amassed 2 million AP. I am running 5VD, 5Neco and 1 Kena (sometimes 1 pirate skeleton for resistance instead) with dual destruction staffs on front and dual wield on back. I have 50k magicka, 21k health and 3k spell power when buffed. I hit 3 abilities all at the same time and unmitigated damage is 11k force pulse, 17k deep fissure and 13k scr (of course half the damage in pvp). Even at half damage and no crit, they hit for 15.5k all at once. Proc fissure, send SCR then force pulse for crazy burst. Combine that with the VD in large battles (22k flame damage) and it becomes a monster against people with low resistance.

Issues: I have very low regen -880 and it sucks at PVE. Still though, it is a fun class to play. Currently at 590CP and undaunted not leveled all the way. Can't wait to hit cap!
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    kromegas wrote: »
    I currently am maining one in pvp and have amassed 2 million AP. I am running 5VD, 5Neco and 1 Kena (sometimes 1 pirate skeleton for resistance instead) with dual destruction staffs on front and dual wield on back. I have 50k magicka, 21k health and 3k spell power when buffed. I hit 3 abilities all at the same time and unmitigated damage is 11k force pulse, 17k deep fissure and 13k scr (of course half the damage in pvp). Even at half damage and no crit, they hit for 15.5k all at once. Proc fissure, send SCR then force pulse for crazy burst. Combine that with the VD in large battles (22k flame damage) and it becomes a monster against people with low resistance.

Issues: I have very low regen -880 and it sucks at PVE. Still though, it is a fun class to play. Currently at 590CP and undaunted not leveled all the way. Can't wait to hit cap!

nodoubt. i finished my undaunted last week and i dont think ill ever dps pve with magden again, lol... maybe healer if anything, but man did it feel good getting that last undaunted buff. now im greedy and want my mages guild 10 (currently @ 7) for that last 1% max mag, lol.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shackle breaker x5
    Necropotence x5
    Grothdar x1

Heavy x5 light x2

Infused Oblivion flame staff
    Precise resto staff with magicka drain poison

x3 Spell Damage glyphs
    Witchmother's
    Atronach Mundus
    x7 impenetrable

Front bar:
    Innerlight
    Deep Fissure
    Force Pulse
    Dampen Magic
    Screaming Cliff Racer
    Ult: Soul Assault

Backbar:
    Flex
    Living Trellis
    Illustrious Healing
    Healing Ward
    Blue Betty
    Ult: Healing Thicket

Practically unkillable with enough burst to take down anything but the most tanky of specs.
    Bonus as an off healer

Oblivion glyph is practically an Execute, use SA as one as well

Made for Horns gonna get better already is great
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    heres a fun deul i had just with my normal BG loadout.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdagmRU6LCk

if you notice i blow my execute about half way through the fight.
    i'd say the one downside of using onslaught is the tough timing sneaking it in vs, shield spammers.
    -here's another quick clip showing how effective it can be though as the finisher MagDen needs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzH5WI6jepI
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm saying nothing. Class was fun and it's my new main. Both magical and Stam but with all the people complaining Warden will get nerfed to the ground in next update and it will be back to my sorc for pushing buttons in my sleep :neutral::neutral::neutral:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    I'm saying nothing. Class was fun and it's my new main. Both magical and Stam but with all the people complaining Warden will get nerfed to the ground in next update and it will be back to my sorc for pushing buttons in my sleep :neutral::neutral::neutral:
    Hardly doubt it. Most complaints are baseless and completely short sighted. If any they will probably end up getting buffed.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on July 18, 2017 8:22AM

• HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Hardly doubt it. Complaints are baseless and completely short sighted. If any they will probably end up getting buffed.

yeah, the tricky part for the dev team w/ warden is it really needs some tweak/buffs for pve.
    & from what ive seen almost all of the complaints about a certain skill in pvp are really more about zerg play than Warden.
    there similar to complaints about any skill that gets annoying when multiplied x10, eg.- jesus beam, etc.

in a more controlled small scale pvp environment, like BGs, balance is much clearer IMO, and i dont think anyone playing BGs is complaining about Warden dps being too strong. TBH i'm gnerally the only Warden mag dps in the matches i play. Then theres maybe one hybrid, healer or stamden. the general feeling i get is most people dont think its good...which is nice b/c it makes them overconfident v. me most of the time.
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer,screaming cliff racer...zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    This.

This is what I was seeing yesterday:

Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Power of the Light, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, dead target.

Is it less or more annoying than Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe ?
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    In non-CP pvp you can't spam cutting dive (cliff racer stam morph) like people are saying here: you'll just run out of stamina. Its not a particularly hard hitting attack either, its only good because it can't be dodged.

I also notice a lot of people talking about being able to use the delay on attacks to set up big burst. While that is possible, it is nothing like the ease of stacking burst on a sorc. You need to commit to a sub assault, then a cutting dive, then invasion or crit charge. It might look easy on youtube videos, but getting that all lined up perfectly is hard in a typical battle in Cyrodill and the payoff is not all that impressive anyway.

The thing I like about stam warden most in pvp is that it has easy access to all the buffs and two really good ults (permafrost and healing thicket). The thing that annoys me the most is that the skill "shimmering shield" (warden version of DK wings) does not stop cc from ranged attacks. The skill "frozen gate" is extremely disappointing, and the passives are not particularly good (especially the winter's embrace line).
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Warden is pretty strong in pvp..
    I actually killed someone with the 2h axe bleed effect and got close call kill achievment even though I died first.
    But Warden seems to be very strong for pvp.
    My Stamina Warden is a khajiit wearing x5 draugr hulk, x2 bloodspawn, x3 agility.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kromegas wrote: »
    I currently am maining one in pvp and have amassed 2 million AP. I am running 5VD, 5Neco and 1 Kena (sometimes 1 pirate skeleton for resistance instead) with dual destruction staffs on front

Dual wielding destro staff... there's a first !
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This.

Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Power of the Light, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, Screaming Cliff Racer, dead target.

Is it less or more annoying than Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe ?

Can't snipe be dodged and reflected?
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This.

Can't snipe be dodged and reflected?
    Doesn't it also hit 2x harder and can be casted from further away?