The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Account Bound Skyshards Yes or No?

• Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I would like account bound Skyshards
    I think the ones in Cyrodiil should be at least, and I mean only Cyrodiil, not IC.

If all the sky shards were accessible in Cyrodiil then I would vote no, but their not. 4 are behind the other 2 factions scroll keep gates which can be harder than *** to get. Only 1 of my 12 characters has them all and guess which ones I'm missing!
    Edited by Aquanova on November 2, 2016 2:11AM
    NA/PC
  • Zuuman
    Zuuman
    ✭✭✭
    At this point and time in the game this would be very unfair to us who have several if not many toons that have done the work to get the skill point for each toon. I have worked very hard to get all 7 of my toons the skyshards/skill points they need and it would just be a huge slap in the face in they changed it now. Go get your skyshard/skill points by earning them on each toon as we all have had to.

So simply because you did it you don't want it to happen.. your implying that if you hadn't done it you wouldn't mind since its your only argument.

The simple pride of having collected them all one by one isn't enough you need to make sure everyone have a bad time too.

I wonder why you feel so entitled to make sure everyone does the same bad crap you did before and have the same boring playing experience you had.

It's not like people are asking for maxed toon right of the bat, make it a post-50 thing so you still leveled the old way.

You could even make it a choice thing when making the alt if you want to share it or not for those who actually DO enjoy doing this tedeous task..

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I would not like account bound Skyshards
    Tandor wrote: »
    Zuuman wrote: »
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    No; stop trying to make leveling any easier than it already is.

No one said it was hard, it's time consuming tho and not everyone has the worlds time to do these things over and over again.

But in what timescale? Some people talk about leveling to 50 in 4-6 hours, others talk about not having time to find all the skyshards more than once. They need to remember that MMOs are designed to be played for years, not weeks or months. All that getting everything at once does is create a lot of complaints about lack of content.

Take your time. Enjoy the journey.

^
  • SlyFox1979
    SlyFox1979
    ✭✭
    Zuuman wrote: »
    At this point and time in the game this would be very unfair to us who have several if not many toons that have done the work to get the skill point for each toon. I have worked very hard to get all 7 of my toons the skyshards/skill points they need and it would just be a huge slap in the face in they changed it now. Go get your skyshard/skill points by earning them on each toon as we all have had to.

So simply because you did it you don't want it to happen.. your implying that if you hadn't done it you wouldn't mind since its your only argument.

The simple pride of having collected them all one by one isn't enough you need to make sure everyone have a bad time too.

I wonder why you feel so entitled to make sure everyone does the same bad crap you did before and have the same boring playing experience you had.

It's not like people are asking for maxed toon right of the bat, make it a post-50 thing so you still leveled the old way.

You could even make it a choice thing when making the alt if you want to share it or not for those who actually DO enjoy doing this tedeous task..

Honestly this should be a choice for players that want to only have to hunt down all sky shards once or do it over many characters. I'd really like it if i only had to do this once so i could focus on other things and i've been working on my third character and cringe at the thought of doing it for all three.
  • Phica_Lovic
    Phica_Lovic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mutagem wrote: »
    I feel like hunting down every single skyshard on another character really deters me from enjoying the game more. I played a single character since 2014 but when the event came with bonus experience I wanted to level another one. When I got to 50 finally I really was bummed out about hunting down the 381 that are in the game still again..I don't think I have talked to anyone who legit enjoys hunting down skyshards on every alt that they have.

What? My next lvl 3 has all my CP AND all my skyshards?!?! Sign me to up play Easy Scrolls Online.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Phica -Max CP - Lvl 50 Argonian Sorc Healer since launch

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not terribly either for or against but I don't understand the OP's problem.

Skyshards don't take much time or effort to hunt down. With a fully trained mount and the pvp speed buff you tear across maps at light speed.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The time my alts have to spend running around, collecting skyshards yet again, could be spent doing quest-lines from the guilds (mages, fighters, thieves, and DB) or I could even dabble in areas I've yet to finish.. Or, you know, whatever you feel like doing at that time. :)

While I agree that it would be a 'lazy' option to some extent, it would also give me more incentive to play with / develop other characters that currently don't get a lot of playtime (and that I don't enjoy as much because there's still a TON of work to do on them - skyshard hunting being at the top of that list).
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well after having collected 399/399 on 4 chr, i've lost patience to d oit again o nany more chrs more than necessary i need for enough skill points.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes because there's no option for what i want. While i agree Sky Shard hunting is part of the process for a character, once you have maxed your sky shard on two or three characters it becomes a real drag trying to get them on more alts. I disagree that all shards should be account bound, but i do think some of the harder to reach ones should be, for example i'm not an ESO pvp'er (i play games designed around PvP for that, things like Warhammer Online private servers, Dark Age of Cmelot, Shadowbane private servers etc.), i hate PvP here with a vengeance, and the last thing i want to do is go back to Cyrodil, but i've had two multiple times already, and i'd like to not have to again.
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but accountspanning achievements would be nice.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and they should also make motifs and traits server wide as well tbh.
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the people saying no gave no good reason at all. It is not engaging content to collect skyshard each time.

But you are ignoring all of the level 10 twinks with 100+ SP's going into the noob PVP. It would be wildly unbalanced.
    I could support a feature that shows shards already collected on an account.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like hunting down every single skyshard on another character really deters me from enjoying the game more. I played a single character since 2014 but when the event came with bonus experience I wanted to level another one. When I got to 50 finally I really was bummed out about hunting down the 381 that are in the game still again..I don't think I have talked to anyone who legit enjoys hunting down skyshards on every alt that they have.

I am one who legit enjoys hunting down skyshards on every alt... in fact... this is one of my more favorite things I like to do with a new alt, and I've created and deleted many characters and still enjoy doing this. It tends to be one of the first things I do before I even start questing... I 'jump to' guildmates around Tamriel and typically will unlock all wayshrines in the zones first and then go back and hunt for skyshards, run delves, etc... then once I've done almost all the regular zones, I'll go back to the beginning alliance zone and start questing.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All the people saying no gave no good reason at all. It is not engaging content to collect skyshard each time.

But you are ignoring all of the level 10 twinks with 100+ SP's going into the noob PVP. It would be wildly unbalanced.

They could balance it so that once you go into pvp you have the option to use all the skyshard points but once you hop back out it'll disapear for those that you don't have
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or they could have it that you earn the darn things
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Some amount of work has to be put it in to obtain things or else the game becomes even more casual (not a good thing).
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why no?
    Because Im a grumpy old purist.

But also because it doesnt logically make sense to me.
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyshards? No.

Horse upgrading? Hell Yes! It takes half a year to level up horse skills and it's anoying when you have to do it for every character. It's the thing that keeps me away from having multiple characters.
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I said yes but what I'd really like is the option. I don't always want what one character did available to the next. Like when I join the TG or DB it feels stupid that I already have their apparel and I'd like the option for that character to earn it. Skyshards are similar. If I'm building a quick character I wouldn't mind having them but if I'm rp'ing I really don't want them.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I should have the exact copy of my main character available to chance classes everytime I want... Why? Because Im a PvPer and this game have serious unbalance issues. I dont give 2 *** about pve, just want to test by myself who are the strongest classes/builds in PvP, to get an idea how far the unbalance level of this game go...

I want to test a ProcBlade, a Unkillable DK, a MagSorc, and every cheesy build/strategy this game have to PvP without the process of leveling everything again... Why, because this game have the potential to have the best pvp experience compare to any other MMO out there but Devs doesnt take this seriously, Imagine this game run by Blizzard...
  • MagnusBlackmane
    MagnusBlackmane
    ✭✭✭
    No, just no. The game is easy enough as it is. I get from where the OP is coming from, but the idea is just stupid and lazy.
    "You're trying too hard... do it at 80%, never 100%. Relax." - My sensei.
    --==--==--==--
    Server: EU PC
    Dracart - AD Khajiit, Currently Stamina Nightblade
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could balance it so that once you go into pvp you have the option to use all the skyshard points but once you hop back out it'll disapear for those that you don't have

To complex. And what about any shards you went and collected 'legit'?
    I see it as an all or nothing deal. Either get all shards shared always or none at all.
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uviryth wrote: »
    No, but accountspanning achievements would be nice.

This. I have six main chars not one.
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

To complex. And what about any shards you went and collected 'legit'?
    I see it as an all or nothing deal. Either get all shards shared always or none at all.

They could just have different templates, full sky shard template for pvp zone, and whatever you learned legit outside of Cyrodil
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, but account-wide achievements on the other hand... or AvA ranking while we're at it.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOT.
    Too easy way to level up alts.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind skyshard hunting; I find it enjoyable and usually I can find a partner to do it with...so it goes fast and I get to chill with a friend.

I guess to each their own after reading some of the comments. I like it...or at the very least, it doesn't bother me.
    Edited by drakhan2002_ESO on July 10, 2017 11:15AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things keep getting made simpler and simpler with the game, and i disagree with that.

For a 2nd toon if you hit the main quest, alliance quest, public dungeon skill points you will have plenty anyway And level normally clearing zones as you go getting the shards is natural.

The issue is people want to power level and then Moan and going and collecting things. Played right and it all fits

It's already too easy to level fast. Making it too easy means more Meta FOTM fan boys swapping builds every patch
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • imac27
    imac27
    Soul Shriven
    They won't change it, they want you spent as much time as possible, This is a P2P game ....
    Edited by imac27 on July 10, 2017 11:34AM