Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[NEW] (Videos) Dracarys - Where the Flames Converge - Waking Flame Patch

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Magıc wrote: »
    Giahh wrote: »
    BraidasNM wrote: »
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    This is good to watch. But man!! I am having a hard time understanding what js actually going on

basically you press ults and run into each other

If only you knew how organised and skillful that type of gameplay really is. But I guess running cancer magplar builds in BGs vs pugs is more skillful xD

I agree with you 100% about the skills involved in group play. But in braidas's defence I guess No Mercy was before your time?

Why'd you edit? I'll always say Banana Squad are the best ESO has seen, and I have watched a few of No Mercy's videos. If Braidas was in NM then I'm not sure why he'd say the *** he said, but maybe he's become one of those "1vX/small scale is the only way to play this game" type of players that a lot of PC NA players have become.

K-Hole at peak (patches 1.7-1.8) was more or less unbeatable. But that's PC NA, so we never went against Banana Squad. I watched a lot of their videos and would have liked a chance to fight them. Braidas, ofc, was in KH. KH never made many videos nor advertised much.

I remember watching KHole during the GvG and you guys were easily on another level compared to the other guilds you fought. I don't think you guys even had a single death during the GvG if I remember correctly? Hard to imagine any guild being capable of beating you guys at peak.

I used to have videos of the fights from the second tournament. I think a few are floating around of the first GvG tourney.

Yeah the GvGs were flawless. It was a really, really great group that we had at the time. The meta has completely changed though... hard to be as dominant since damage is so high. I think that as Wardens enter Cyro in larger numbers, it will happen again. That Tree ultimate is way OP and the ground Major defile (with a HOT) is disgusting.

Regardless, great videos OP.

That second tournie had no deaths, that first tournie had plenty. We had a close tie with Rage as well.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Giahh wrote: »
    BraidasNM wrote: »
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    This is good to watch. But man!! I am having a hard time understanding what js actually going on

basically you press ults and run into each other

If only you knew how organised and skillful that type of gameplay really is. But I guess running cancer magplar builds in BGs vs pugs is more skillful xD

I agree with you 100% about the skills involved in group play. But in braidas's defence I guess No Mercy was before your time?

Why'd you edit? I'll always say Banana Squad are the best ESO has seen, and I have watched a few of No Mercy's videos. If Braidas was in NM then I'm not sure why he'd say the *** he said, but maybe he's become one of those "1vX/small scale is the only way to play this game" type of players that a lot of PC NA players have become.

K-Hole at peak (patches 1.7-1.8) was more or less unbeatable. But that's PC NA, so we never went against Banana Squad. I watched a lot of their videos and would have liked a chance to fight them. Braidas, ofc, was in KH. KH never made many videos nor advertised much.

I remember watching KHole during the GvG and you guys were easily on another level compared to the other guilds you fought. I don't think you guys even had a single death during the GvG if I remember correctly? Hard to imagine any guild being capable of beating you guys at peak.

I used to have videos of the fights from the second tournament. I think a few are floating around of the first GvG tourney.

Yeah the GvGs were flawless. It was a really, really great group that we had at the time. The meta has completely changed though... hard to be as dominant since damage is so high. I think that as Wardens enter Cyro in larger numbers, it will happen again. That Tree ultimate is way OP and the ground Major defile (with a HOT) is disgusting.

Regardless, great videos OP.

That second tournie had no deaths, that first tournie had plenty. We had a close tie with Rage as well.

I stand corrected.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good stuff guys!
  • Azurethe
    Azurethe
    ✭✭✭
    They call me the pokemon trainer
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Old man Braidas (and Hovaling's favorite after Gooey) arguing with KisoValley (CEO of Kiso Valley Salad Dressing Inc. ) tickles Scipio's fancy.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on July 5, 2017 9:18PM
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    NACtron wrote: »
    Also, outstanding job to whomever made your logo. Looks amazing!

Thank you, Nikolai! :blush: I'm glad everyone like it hehe, means a lot for me!

Tbh I always hear the same things from different people representing all op guilds on NA PC ^^ that they were more or less unbeatable at peak (e.g Havoc, NM, IR, KH and more) I wasn't there by that time so can't really judge :P
    Edited by Rin_Senya on July 5, 2017 7:21PM
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old man Braidas (and Hovaling's favorite after Gooey) arguing with Miruku (Mad Miat's brother-in-law) tickles Scipio's fancy.

@Publius_Scipio

Miruku no longer posts on these forums. I don't see him anywhere on this thread lol.
  • Abram
    Abram
    ✭✭✭
    OP rai
    Rin_Senya wrote: »
    The funny thing is that the majority of current so called 1vXers used to be (and some of them still are!) members of guilds that they call "no skill zerglings" now :) Banana Squad, Astrum, Exiles, NL, Havoc, NM, DiE, K-Hole, IR etc etc - they all were organized group oriented guilds. During the time they were in these guilds they had no problem with such playstyle but now suddenly it became "so easy, you just need to press one button", even tho atm organized group pvp is way more difficult compared to how it was 2 first years of the game.

Lol, so true.

Most of the 1vXers out there play with a group sometimes anyway. A majority of people in these videos do the same thing 90% of the time they are in game as well. I honestly feel like thats the typical veteran player these days, 1vX sometimes and Group/Guild play others. The game is just more fun that way, balanced.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Old man Braidas (and Hovaling's favorite after Gooey) arguing with Miruku (Mad Miat's brother-in-law) tickles Scipio's fancy.

@Publius_Scipio

Miruku no longer posts on these forums. I don't see him anywhere on this thread lol.

I fixed it.
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭

Tbh I always hear the same things from different people representing all op guilds on NA PC ^^ that they were more or less unbeatable at peak (e.g Havoc, NM, IR, KH and more) I wasn't there by that time so can't really judge :P

It really was a shame we never got to go up against the top EU guilds in our prime as the likes of Banana squad looked like they would have been a really fun fight.
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • Nivellan
    Nivellan
    ✭✭✭

No guild is ever unbeatable. NM and KH are the best guilds on that list, the rest were glorified pug farmers. Alacrity and NM were the best overall. KH the best since I think. We matched up with them in the first GvG, but they got the better of us in Cyro. NA and EU aren't really compatible to compare because meta's have been very different for a while now.
    PC NA
    Azandara, Azuretha - Templar
    Former K-hole, FMC, Mischevious
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nivellan wrote: »

No guild is ever unbeatable. NM and KH are the best guilds on that list, the rest were glorified pug farmers. Alacrity and NM were the best overall. KH the best since I think. We matched up with them in the first GvG, but they got the better of us in Cyro. NA and EU aren't really compatible to compare because meta's have been very different for a while now.

I have no great love for Havoc for obvious reasons, but I fought with them vs Alacrity on quite a few occasions. Pretty evenly fought overall, though I'd say Havoc's contingent of HA Kags Templars gave them an edge.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Huggelz
    Huggelz
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

I have no great love for Havoc for obvious reasons, but I fought with them vs Alacrity on quite a few occasions. Pretty evenly fought overall, though I'd say Havoc's contingent of HA Kags Templars gave them an edge.

Havoc's contingent of stealth bombs when your already fighting a group gave them an edge. Fixed it for you :smile:

To touch on the rest of this thread, nice clips though I don't understand how you guys can bear playing in the lag and awful fps of big group fights. And from what I've faced against EU on PTS playing with braidas you guys don't even come close lol. So Kiso pipe down there buddy.
    Edited by Huggelz on July 5, 2017 11:53PM
    Marcel
    Marcel Rigmond DC Nightblade - Flawless Conqueror
    Full Metal Carebears
    Nemesis (RIP)
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huggelz wrote: »

Havoc's contingent of stealth bombs when your already fighting a group gave them an edge. Fixed it for you :smile:

Ohhh believe me, after our DC reroll we became intimately acquainted with the Havoc stealth bomb. Something EP groups carry on as a legacy ever since ;)

• Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

and yet the currently strongest NA guild runs EU group-meta builds :P
    Edited by Sanct16 on July 5, 2017 11:53PM
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    i like where this thread's going
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »

Guilds aside I don't like the Plague Doctor spec. It's great for tanking but it's built around being in a very tight space because you basically have to blow your load on a group that has no where to run or spread out to. Open field it has issues concentrating damage, and you need to concentrate damage because no one hits that hard individually.

Personally, there was definitely an initial adjustment period where we realized we couldn't burst Drac down as fast as other groups, leading to a few rather embarsssing wipes. That extra 1-3 seconds of sustained damage needed can eff up timing and cost a group bad. But the setup has one bullet, and its going to be hard to land on wary opponents, or really on anyone who isn't funnelled or inside a choke.

Not a bad setup by any means, but I think I would be frustrated leading with it. I'd love it under oil or in a keep inner, but I hate losing 2nd and 3rd strike capability. Using one wave of ults and then having to wait 2 minutes for another wave is my own personal trigger.
    Edited by Satiar on July 6, 2017 12:08AM

• Huggelz
    Huggelz
    ✭✭✭

What makes them the strongest? Is it because you have former zerg squad players in Dracarys so you feel an attachment to them and that by saying they are the strongest it helps your ego?
    Marcel
    Full Metal Carebears
    Nemesis (RIP)
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Guilds aside I don't like the Plague Doctor spec. It's great for tanking but it's built around being in a very tight space because you basically have to blow your load on a group that has no where to run or spread out to. Open field it has issues concentrating damage, and you need to concentrate damage because no one hits that hard individually.

Personally, there was definitely an initial adjustment period where we realized we couldn't burst Drac down as fast as other groups, leading to a few rather embarsssing wipes. That extra 1-3 seconds of sustained damage needed can eff up timing and cost a group bad. But the setup has one bullet, and its going to be hard to land on wary opponents, or really on anyone who isn't funnelled or inside a choke.

Not a bad setup by any means, but I think I would be frustrated leading with it. I'd love it under oil or in a keep inner, but I hate losing 2nd and 3rd strike capability. Using one wave of ults and then having to wait 2 minutes for another wave is my own personal trigger.
    You have plenty of damage in Plague. Casting 2 storms per push is enough usually.

>320.000.000 AP
  • Nivellan
    Nivellan
    ✭✭✭

Disregarding the fact any havoc vs Alacrity fights only include at best half of the original Alacrity members my main memories from those fights are: lag, multiple EP groups, one fight at drakelowe that had neither of those and Havoc folded pretty easily. To touch on the stealth bomb my all time favorite memory of them was with Decibel when they ran for 3+ minutes in an open field against just us only for deci to get bored and stop chasing (we even ran through one of their chokes to try and get them to fight), and then get stealth bombed half a minute later on our mounts.

My favorite groups from that time though were when ala and die groups died down to small numbers late at night we would merge and keiryan or luvboard would lead.

I mean I've wiped them with a group of friends multiple times at aleswell farm and in an even fight in a brk tower the other day with a venatus group of mainly wardens. They're not difficult to fight given there's actually room to move around as steve pointed out. Not that they aren't a great group. I wouldn't say any groups in ESO are scary outside of the numbers they bring. Evenly matched numbers wise I think most fights end up as coin flips.
    PC NA
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What makes them the strongest? Is it because you have former zerg squad players in Dracarys so you feel an attachment to them and that by saying they are the strongest it helps your ego?
    Well, which guild do you think is stronger than them?
    Edited by Sanct16 on July 6, 2017 12:51AM

>320.000.000 AP
  • Huggelz
    Huggelz
    ✭✭✭

Well, which guild do you think is stronger than them?

depends, what criteria makes a guild the best?
    Marcel
    Full Metal Carebears
    Nemesis (RIP)
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You have plenty of damage in Plague. Casting 2 storms per push is enough usually.

If you're in a tight space, maybe. Every group spec has strengths and weaknesses and that's the weakness of the spec, you just don't have a lot of burst if your enemies aren't clumped or funnelled. That's my read on it anyways, we may agree to disagree. My experience playing against it thus far has been that its less dangerous open field than the typical NA guild spec, I've had little trouble fighting it in those circumstances. It really shines in close quarters, cuz you can stack and burn and get that VD proc on enemy squishies before it goes off on you. That's the weakness of the typical NA spec, in tight if you don't hit first and get value you're in for a world of hurt.

I won't rly get into the who is best thing, that never ends well ;). A fairly new guild, you've gotten some very nice wins but you've taken your fair share of hits. IMO the declaration was a lil early but time will tell!

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Disregarding the fact any havoc vs Alacrity fights only include at best half of the original Alacrity members my main memories from those fights are: lag, multiple EP groups, one fight at drakelowe that had neither of those and Havoc folded pretty easily. To touch on the stealth bomb my all time favorite memory of them was with Decibel when they ran for 3+ minutes in an open field against just us only for deci to get bored and stop chasing (we even ran through one of their chokes to try and get them to fight), and then get stealth bombed half a minute later on our mounts.

My favorite groups from that time though were when ala and die groups died down to small numbers late at night we would merge and keiryan or luvboard would lead.

I think my fav was a fight outside Aleswell. Deci and VE were mopping up pugs and circling each other, doing that prox det dance. Then suddenly we trip over a stealth Havoc group that had somehow made it dead center of the field without being seen. One of the few times in ESO that made me jump in my chair.

I do remember some good fights with Alacrity but I'll concede it may have been past the prime. The fights I remember included a lot of Red Bull misting around between the 2-3 meatbags he'd set down and unstable WoE everyyyywhere.

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're in a tight space, maybe. Every group spec has strengths and weaknesses and that's the weakness of the spec, you just don't have a lot of burst if your enemies aren't clumped or funnelled. That's my read on it anyways, we may agree to disagree. My experience playing against it thus far has been that its less dangerous open field than the typical NA guild spec, I've had little trouble fighting it in those circumstances. It really shines in close quarters, cuz you can stack and burn and get that VD proc on enemy squishies before it goes off on you. That's the weakness of the typical NA spec, in tight if you don't hit first and get value you're in for a world of hurt.

I won't rly get into the who is best thing, that never ends well ;). A fairly new guild, you've gotten some very nice wins but you've taken your fair share of hits. IMO the declaration was a lil early but time will tell!

From someone who took a break from playing in larger groups and is just jumping back in, I agree with your viewpoint the most about the current groups. I've wiped and been wiped by all the current grps mentioned in even fights.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think my fav was a fight outside Aleswell. Deci and VE were mopping up pugs and circling each other, doing that prox det dance. Then suddenly we trip over a stealth Havoc group that had somehow made it dead center of the field without being seen. One of the few times in ESO that made me jump in my chair.

I do remember some good fights with Alacrity but I'll concede it may have been past the prime. The fights I remember included a lot of Red Bull misting around between the 2-3 meatbags he'd set down and unstable WoE everyyyywhere.

Not trying to start a flame war here but even if we had 8 destros in full damage builds we would run into an issue fighting 2x our numbers open field its just the fact that you can stack so much ranged single target healing that at most we can take out half of you while the other half make it out and then either camp or counter bomb and you spam rezzes while we move out of the counter bomb. If numbers were always even it wouldn't matter what we run nearly as much just simply due to the fact that when we do get 12 people down its basically a full wipe. It's a simple fact that in this game often times numbers win no matter how skilled the opponent which is sad but is also needed in order to keep pugs around and population up because w/o them we have no PVP.

Also, different guilds will always take different approaches to PVP, the VE approach is run a 24 man and run a group comp to hard counter us no matter how well it does in other situations. Our goal is to make builds that work in as many situations as possible, sure they excel in some places and fall short others but for the most part our builds are outperforming just full damage builds in 95% of the fights we come against. All in all VE is far and away our hardest fight, and despite some tactics that I would call cheesy and pathetic, it makes life much more interesting. Plus trying to make bulb quit the game again is the best part of my night :D
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Both sides (gearing and strat) have their strengths and everyone has good and bad nights too.
    Glad to see people think we're doing decently. I'd rather have good fights in game then discuss here who's good or bad.

Would be awesome if we could make some GVG fights sometime for something new and fun but I know not everyone enjoys them.

Oh and btw heres another video for the video thread XD:
    https://youtu.be/ZUkDswCa8c0

former zerg squad players

P.S. Still Zerg Squad players not former :)
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on July 6, 2017 2:58AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Logohs
    Logohs
    ✭✭
    In west Philadelphia born and raised
    On the playground was where I spent most of my days
  • Nivellan
    Nivellan
    ✭✭✭
    Both sides (gearing and strat) have their strengths and everyone has good and bad nights too.
    Glad to see people think we're doing decently. I'd rather have good fights in game then discuss here who's good or bad.

Would be awesome if we could make some GVG fights sometime for something new and fun but I know not everyone enjoys them.

Oh and btw heres another video for the video thread XD:
    https://youtu.be/ZUkDswCa8c0

former zerg squad players

P.S. Still Zerg Squad players not former :)

I think people gave up on the GvG idea when destro ult became a thing.
    PC NA
  • Abram
    Abram
    ✭✭✭
    Inb4 lots of salt B)

That dude called it