Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Vampire Lord (Magicka Templar build)...

TheDoomsdayMonster
TheDoomsdayMonster
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, I have decided to share a Vampire themed build for a Magicka Templar I call the Vampire Lord...

This build is very well rounded as it features good defensive ability, support ability, and can provide good dps as well when needed; its not great at any single thing, but its good at a lot of things...

Mundus:

Thief...you want this Mundus because the success of this build depends strongly on having a high Spell Crit; you'll want atleast 60% (I run this with 60.3% Spell Crit at current).

The Gear (5 Light, 1 Medium, 1 Heavy):

Mighty Chudan x2 (Head/Shoulders)...
Vampire Lord x5 (Rings, Necklass, Sharpened Dual Wield Swords)...
Combat Physician x5 (Chest, Legs, Waist, Hands, Feet)...

The above may appear to be an odd combination, but I assure you that it is well thought out as there is synergy between these set pieces and the abilities you'll use with them...

With triple stat Glyphs in all armor pieces, you'll have around 27k Health on both bars (these Health stats apply in a PvP setting); Magicka will be around 36k and Stamina will be over 12k (this assumes double stat blue food which I favor over the triple stat food); Spell Penetration will be about 11k; Critical Resistance will be about 2.8k...

You'll end up with over 29k Spell Resist and 20k Physical Resist on your Healing Bar at all times (due to Mighty Chudan) which is great for survival. After all, a dead Healer is a useless Healer...

Synergies:

My DPS bar (which features the above 5/5/2 set up) is as follows with this build:

Puncturing Sweeps...
Invigorating Drain...
Radiant Magelight...
Toppling Charge...
Purifying Light...
Devouring Swarm...

Of the above abilities, 3 of these (Invigorating Drain, Purifying Light, and Devouring Swarm) all can Proc the Combat Physician Damage Shield thus allowing you to simultaneously damage your target, heal yourself, and shield yourself; this is very helpful in all content and being able to combine all of that makes you very efficient with your Magicka expendures...

Because one of the focus's with this build is to be very efficient, you are able to slot Spell Damage Glyphs in all your Jewelry slots and go with low Magicka Regen (all Magicka Regen will be done on your Healing Bar with a Resto Staff; more on that later)...

My Healing Bar (you are using a Defending Vampire Lord Resto Staf here) is as follows:

Rapid Regeneration...
Breath of Life...
Radiant Magelight...
Rite of Retribution...
Elusive Mist...
Replenishing Barrier...

The synergy here is between the Defensive Bonus's provided by Mighty Chudan (which totals around 15% damage negation at all times) and Elusive Mist; the Defensive Bonus's provided by Mighty Chudan stack with the Defense inherent to Elusive Mist, so you can not only get yourself out of trouble in a hurry with Elusive Mist, but take minimal damage when doing so...

I have been able to Mist right through Destro Ult and Mist all the way to the back flag in a keep (through all the oil and AOE present inbetween) when needed with the above; its an extremely useful Defensive combo in all content...

You'll notice that I have Radiant Magelight on both bars. This is because you want to have high Spell Crit to consistently Proc the Combat Physician Damage Shield (and of course its very useful for the raw healing and damage dealing bonus's inherent to a high Spell Crit) and its nice to have a good counter for people who will attack you in stealth at all times regardless of what bar you are on...

Between Radiant Magelight and Mighty Chudan, your guard is up, essentially, at all times; you dont have to think about it...its always there.

CP Distribution:

Here is the current, optimized, CP placement for this build:

Thaumaturge: 72
Elfborn: 72
Elemental Expert: 56
Spell Erosion: 40
Blessed: 10

Shade: 54
Tumbling: 61
Tenacity: 49
Arcanist: 43
Mooncalf: 43

Expert Defender: 37
Quick Recovery: 37
Hardy: 37
Elemental Defender: 37
Ironclad: 37
Resistant: 39
Thick Skinned: 27

Attribute Point Distribution:

Magicka: 64
Health: 0
Stamina: 0

Armor Traits:

When I initially created this build, I utilized 7 Divines on my Armor Pieces. While it is viable to do this (and I ran this for a long time in PvP with a lot of success), I have since found that its better to go with all Impen....

With 7 Impen vs 7 Divines, you are trading about 3.5% Spell Crit for about 26% Critical Resist; the loss of 3.5% Spell Crit is barely felt, while the increase in Critical Resistance is huge in PvP. The change to Impen has had no significant impact on my ability to complete PvE content while my ability to withstand punishment in PvP has increased dramatically...

As a result, I strongly recommend this build be run with all Impen at this point in time...

Edit: The OP has been edited to reflect current optimizations of this build as of Summset...

Enjoy!

:)

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 20, 2018 10:17PM
Unyeilding Bias
PSN TheLordofMurder
PS4 NA
Magicka Templar
DC
The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To continue with the synergies, another great one is present when soloing in PvP or in PvE (or when dueling)...

In these cases, you replace Rapid Regeneration with Healing Ward. The reason being is that Healing Ward can Proc the Combat Physician Damage Shield thereby granting you stacking Damage Shields that range from 6k+ damage negation all the way up to 12k+ (depending on where your health is at when you hit Healing Ward) with the press of a single button...

Its extremely effective and very efficient Magicka wise...

Please note that the above stacking Damage Shield values reflect a PvP environment; in PvE, those values double...

Anyway, I hope you guys like this build and hopefully a few of you will give it a try...you'll be glad you did.

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on March 29, 2018 3:59PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TomStaf11
    TomStaf11
    Nice man. Are you running divines for the extra crit?
    Ingame GT: TS 11 11 94
    Xbox One EU
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TomStaf11 wrote: »
    Nice man. Are you running divines for the extra crit?

Yes...all Divines.

Especially since I run this build for all content, and as you know, Impen doesnt help you in PvE...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on July 5, 2017 2:13PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So let me get this straight. You're suggesting using the most overtly religious and devout of classes paired with the most horrifyingly blasphemous of skill lines? Holy divine purity teaming up with unnatural undead darkness? Seems a bit ironic, don't you think? :D
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So let me get this straight. You're suggesting using the most overtly religious and devout of classes paired with the most horrifyingly blasphemous of skill lines? Holy divine purity teaming up with unnatural undead darkness? Seems a bit ironic, don't you think? :D

Very ironic!

Excellent post!

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you'll probably be alright so long as you aren't a priest of Arkay. I heard a Nedic priest had her prays ignored after she reanimated as a vampire.
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then again I'm an atheist so regardless of being a vampire or not all the divines can go and do one. >:)
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    But why are you using vampire lord? Use warmaiden instead it will help your vampire skills and your templar skills so much better.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am using Vampire Lord over War Maiden for a few reasons...

1st, the character is Vampire themed, so it's only right that he sport the dedicated Vampire Lord Gear...

2nd, Vampire Lord gear makes all Vampiric abilities cheaper to cast than War Maiden (and I use them heavily); being as efficient as possible with my Magicka use is essential to this build as I'm running all Damage Glyphs and I have low Magicka Regen...

3rd, I have the ideal traits on my Vampire Lord weapons opposed to War Maiden; both Vampire Lord Swords are Sharpened and my Resto Staff is Defending...

With War Maiden, both Swords and Resto Staff are Precise...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on July 18, 2017 11:47AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    I can see the rp reasons but from gameplay point of view it's a very weak set. But if the build works for you both in gameplay and rp then i can see the point.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say the set is weak at all; the stats it gives are good:

2 piece: Max Magicka...
    3 piece: Spell Damage...
    4 piece: Spell Crit...

The above are pretty standard stats for a Magicka Light Armor Set and aren't bad at all...

For the 5th piece you get 400 Spell Damage and 5% Spell Cost Reduction for Vampiric abilities...

Depending on how heavily you use your Vampiric abilities, that 5th piece bonus can be really worthwhile...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on July 18, 2017 12:39PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Problem is that the 400 ad is pretty much only usefull on your ulti. So i'd pref alteration mastery for sustain or war maiden/julianos for dmg.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No...

That 5th piece bonus isn't only useful for this builds Ult, Invigorating Drain (which is a really good ability) benefits from it also...

Let's talk about Invigorating Drain (with the gear sets in the OP in mind); this is what it gives you:

6.4k tool bar damage for 3 ticks...

Regens 15 to 25 Ult per use (pending wether its healing you when you use it)

Gives you decent healing (3 ticks)...

Ignores Shuffle...

3 sec Hard Stun that goes through Block...

Procs the Combat Physician Damage Shield...

Once it's locked on, continues to damage target even if the target goes into stealth...

All for a Spell Cost of about 1500 Magicka...

I think you underrated this ability @Jawasa...

Edit: With the new CP point distribution, the Damage value for Invigorating Drain has changed; the above reflects the new value when buffed with Structured Entropy...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on December 8, 2017 8:05AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all it's great but the dmg part is not and i'd pref cost reduction on other skills like bol or healing ward that have a high cost.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with proper cp, and a channel build like spinners(or war maiden) + soulshine, invig drain hits hard...like 3-6k per tic hard. Like OP stated, It also stuns through block( also dmgs through block...Im looking at you perma block DKs :), catches all the dodgeroll shuffle toons, generates ulti, and costs @1600 magicka. I dropped all Templar CCs for this skill due to its effectiveness and reduced cost in comparison to toppling charge or Javelin.

As for the build OP, I like it. It would be interesting to run this on a ulti regen build on MagDK for perma bats...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    Not at all it's great but the dmg part is not and i'd pref cost reduction on other skills like bol or healing ward that have a high cost.

The damage is decent due to the high Spell Crit this build features; 2 of the 3 ticks will Crit on average...

Pending how tough my target is, it'll do 2-3k (against some characters I get 4.5k per tick when buffed with Structured Entropy) damage per second for 3 secs, and while it's not great damage, it can't be evaded and is guaranteed to hit 100% of the time...

Sometimes that guaranteed damage is better than a harder hitting ability that is prone to fail against a Shuffle user...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on July 18, 2017 3:38PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Aimsley
    Aimsley
    This build sounds fun and I'd like to try it out. How did you spend your attributes? All in magicka?
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aimsley wrote: »
    This build sounds fun and I'd like to try it out. How did you spend your attributes? All in magicka?

Yes...all in Magicka.

Come to think of it, I haven't posted my Champion Point distribution; I'll get that over here later on.
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I have decided to share a Vampire themed build for a Magicka Templar I call the Vampire Lord...

This build is very well rounded as it features good defensive ability, support ability, and can provide good dps as well when needed; its not great at any single thing, but its good at a lot of things...

Mundus:
    Thief...you want this Mundus because the success of this build depends strongly on having a high Spell Crit; you'll want atleast 60% (I run this with around 67% Crit).

The Gear (5 Light, 1 Medium, 1 Heavy):
    Mighty Chudan x2 (Head/Shoulders)...
    Vampire Lord x5 (Rings, Necklass, Dual Wield Swords)...
    Combat Physician x5 (Chest, Legs, Waist, Hands, Feet)...

The above may appear to be an odd combination, but I assure you that it is well thought out as there is synergy between these set pieces and the abilities you'll use with them...

With triple stat Glyphs in all armor pieces, you'll have around 28.9k Health on your DPS Bar, and 26.9k Health on your Healing Bar (these Health stats apply in a PvP setting); Magicka will be around 36k and Stamina will be over 12k (this assumes double stat blue food which I favor over the triple stat food)...

You'll end up with over 31k Spell Resist and 23k Physical Resist on your Healing Bar at all times (due to Mighty Chudan) which is great for survival. After all, a dead Healer is a useless Healer...

Synergies:

My DPS bar (which features the above 5/5/2 set up) is as follows with this build:
    Puncturing Sweeps...
    Invigorating Drain...
    Radiant Magelight...
    Toppling Charge...
    Structured Entropy...
    Devouring Swarm...

Of the above abilities, 3 of these (Invigorating Drain, Structured Entropy, and Devouring Swarm) all can Proc the Combat Physician Damage Shield thus allowing you to simultaneously damage your target, heal yourself, and shield yourself; this is very helpful in all content and being able to combine all of that makes you very efficient with your Magicka expendures...

Because one of the focus's with this build is to be very efficient, you are able to slot Spell Damage Glyphs in all your Jewelry slots and go with low Magicka Regen (all Magicka Regen will be done on your Healing Bar with a Resto Staff; more on that later)...

My Healing Bar (which features a 5/4/2 set up; you are running Vampire Lord x4 for this bar; the 4th piece is a Defending Vampire Lord Resto Staff) is as follows:
    Mutagen...
    Breath of Life...
    Radiant Magelight...
    Rite of Retribution...
    Elusive Mist...
    Replenishing Barrier...

The synergy here is between the Defensive Bonus's provided by Mighty Chudan (which totals around 15% damage negation at all times) and Elusive Mist; the Defensive Bonus's provided by Mighty Chudan stack with the Defense inherent to Elusive Mist, so you can not only get yourself out of trouble in a hurry with Elusive Mist, but take minimal damage when doing so...

I have been able to Mist right through Destro Ult and Mist all the way to the back flag in a keep (through all the oil and AOE present inbetween) when needed with the above; its an extremely useful Defensive combo in all content...

You'll notice that I have Radiant Magelight on both bars. This is because you want to have high Spell Crit to consistently Proc the Combat Physician Damage Shield (and of course its very useful for the raw healing and damage dealing bonus's inherent to a high Spell Crit) and its nice to have a good counter for people who will attack you in stealth at all times regardless of what bar you are on...

Between Radiant Magelight and Mighty Chudan, your guard is up, essentially, at all times; you dont have to think about it...its always there.

Anyway, that's all for now; more info to come later...

Enjoy!

Where do you play? PC/EU maybe?

Mutagen stop when using mistform... just btw.

Warmaiden maybe its better, because all of your abilities become stronger.. You have choosen the playstyle name of your charakter and this would not be away, when you just switch 1 set. Next patch are precise weapons maybe better then sharpened ;)
    Edited by DeHei on July 22, 2017 12:44PM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The damage is decent due to the high Spell Crit this build features; 2 of the 3 ticks will Crit on average...

Pending how tough my target is, it'll do 2-3k (against some characters I get 4.5k per tick when buffed with Structured Entropy) damage per second for 3 secs, and while it's not great damage, it can't be evaded and is guaranteed to hit 100% of the time...

Sometimes that guaranteed damage is better than a harder hitting ability that is prone to fail against a Shuffle user...

Doesn't it stop doing damage if they cc break? Do you spam this? Bc 6 to 9 thousand damage in 3 seconds is awful. I can understand using it for your cc and ult regen, but for dmg it's bad.

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't it stop doing damage if they cc break? Do you spam this? Bc 6 to 9 thousand damage in 3 seconds is awful. I can understand using it for your cc and ult regen, but for dmg it's bad.

No, CC break does not stop the damage...

And yes, the damage isnt great, but the totality of what it does is:

1) 3 sec Hard Stun that goes through block...
    2) 15-25 Ult Regen...
    3) Procs Combat Physician Damage Shield...
    4) Heals you...
    5) Ignores Shuffle and continues to damage opponents that are Cloaked...
    6) 1500+ Magicka Cost (1539 to be exact what the build in the OP)...

Thats great, efficient, bang for your buck...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on July 22, 2017 5:00PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2) 15-25 Ult Regen...
    4) Heals you...

It sure is, but I've never been killed by someone using that as thier dps.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2) 15-25 Ult Regen...
    4) Heals you...

It sure is, but I've never been killed by someone using that as thier dps.

Well I can assure you that I've killed many with this ability...

Its not your main dps (Puncturing Sweeps is significantly better as pertains to raw dps); its situational when to use it...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, then you are using it as a cc/ ultimate regen it's great for that. You're still much better of with war maiden and buffing jabs, purifying, radiant etc if this is the case.

I just tested it, and although my damage when using it in maiden and soulshine wasnt awful, all my innate abilities are better imo.

Hey, have fun. I'm not saying you won't kill anyone, just saying there are better things.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2) 15-25 Ult Regen...
    4) Heals you...

But you are unable to do other things in that time.. The danage isnt high. The ultreg is very nice :)
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, then you are using it as a cc/ ultimate regen it's great for that. You're still much better of with war maiden and buffing jabs, purifying, radiant etc if this is the case.

I just tested it, and although my damage when using it in maiden and soulshine wasnt awful, all my innate abilities are better imo.

Hey, have fun. I'm not saying you won't kill anyone, just saying there are better things.

You know I have thought about War Maiden and have experimented with it vs Vampire Lord...

Between the two it comes down to War Maiden buffing the damage output of all Magicka based abilities vs Vampire Lord making all Vamp abilities cheaper to cast (they both amp Vamp abilities to the same degree damage wise)...

Currently I go back and forth between the two and haven't been able to definitely say which is better...

I have slightly better sustain (due to cheaper abilities) with Vampire Lord and I am able to refresh Devouring Swarm quicker as well (Stage 4 Vampirism + Vampire Lord gear bring the cost of Devouring Swarm down to a very attractive 140 Ult)...

But I do output more damage with War Maiden...

Both are attractive options, but the existence of War Maiden gear does make me wish that the Vampire Lord armor offered a bit more to set it apart from War Maiden other than a 5% reduction for the Magicka (and Ultimate) cost of Vampire abilities...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on July 26, 2017 2:23AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • GrizzlyBear
    GrizzlyBear
    ✭✭

The above are pretty standard stats for a Magicka Light Armor Set and aren't bad at all...

For the 5th piece you get 400 Spell Damage and 5% Spell Cost Reduction for Vampiric abilities...

Depending on how heavily you use your Vampiric abilities, that 5th piece bonus can be really worthwhile...

would you like to duel in game? im interested to see the build in action please add me in game and pm me @MrGrizzlyBearz
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

would you like to duel in game? im interested to see the build in action please add me in game and pm me @MrGrizzlyBearz

I just tried to PM you; it said user not found.

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI chudan gives approximately 10% DMG mitigation, not 15%
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One