The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Vampire Lord (Magicka Templar build)...

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet again been tinkering with the CP Distribution with this build and the following is what I have been testing (these are changes only to the Green Constellation; the following reflect the current values; the bolded values changed from my last post on optimizations):

Warlord: 2
    Mooncalf: 43
    Arcanist: 43
    Tenacity: 37
    Shade: 44
    Tumbling: 61

The reasoning for this change is to acquire the Wild Running passive and to further reduce the cost of Sneak...

The Dark Stalker passive is very, very, good for Vampiric Templars and synergizes very well with Wild Running and the Cost Reduction to Sneak...

When combined with the additional Sneak Cost Reduction from the Medium Armor passive and from Ledgerman, you can safely move around in Stealth for prolonged periods of time (and with a small, but significant, movement increase)...

This allows you to play your Magplar like a hybrid Nightblade, but with the ability to go into full Healer mode on a whim and be tough enough to take some punishment if need be...

I have been testing out the above in Imperial City and have been ganking like crazy; the ability to move around freely (and quickly) in Stealth for long periods of time is awesome, and you can actually feel the difference to your movement speed from Wild Running while in combat and while searching for your next victim...

The above is a lot of fun to run (it really adds to making your character feel like a Vampire) and (IMHO) makes sacrificing some points from Warlord well worth it (you also get a 1% increase to your Magicka and Stamina Regen with the changes as well)...

Enjoy!

Edit: The Wild Running passive also synergizes with Elusive Mist, so you can Mist away from harm a bit faster than before...

:)

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on December 8, 2017 8:08AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • ioo
    ioo
    I have a question that may or may not relate to the topic. When and how should you use sneak in pvp? Would you heal your allies while in sneak? Or would you just use it to move around in Cyrodiil? When should I use and not use sneak? Sry if this is a stupid question.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ioo wrote: »
    I have a question that may or may not relate to the topic. When and how should you use sneak in pvp? Would you heal your allies while in sneak? Or would you just use it to move around in Cyrodiil? When should I use and not use sneak? Sry if this is a stupid question.

There are no stupid questions; if you don't know, you don't know...

Sneaking is something you do when:

You want to move around safely (just make sure to monitor your Stamina while doing this however; you cant move around in stealth indefinitely; you will have to stop and regen some stamina from time to time)...

You want to get out of a bad spot...

You want to gank someone...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on December 13, 2017 2:14AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of sneak, I have a dark flare gankplar build, very nasty. I've been using two awesome ways to get back into sneak mid combat.

If the gank fails, you can turn around and hit mist form, then hit your sneak button right after, for whatever reason the game will put you into sneak. I've pulled it off four times in a row over about fifteen seconds while getting hammered by enemies, eventually getting into permanent sneak and slinking away.

Another amazing way is using invisibility potions with major expedition buff. Makes for a really speedy get away. Works just like night blade sneak but longer, make sure you still hit sneak button otherwise after the invisibility ends you will stand back up, out of stealth. If you hit the sneak button you will stay in sneak.

I use these pots for oh *** moments on my magplar builds no matter the build.
  • ioo
    ioo
    wow thanks for the tips guys! Thats really useful!
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why in the world is elusive mist not on the slot with 5pc vampire lord?
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why in the world is elusive mist not on the slot with 5pc vampire lord?

1 bar is defensive/healing...

2nd bar is to kill with...

If Mist was on the offensive bar, then what would it replace?

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should replace mutagen on your defensive bar
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should replace mutagen on your defensive bar

But both are on my Defensive Bar...

Are you saying you would leave Elusive Mist on the Defensive Bar and simply replace Mutagen with something else?
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Tamorand
    Tamorand
    ✭✭
    Can you update the OP with all of your many changes?
    Like CP distro, and gear changes.

Thank you, fun build!
    Edited by Tamorand on December 22, 2017 7:32PM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamorand wrote: »
    Can you update the OP with all of your many changes?
    Like CP distro, and gear changes.

Thank you, fun build!

I'm glad you like the build...

I'll definitely update the OP at some point with all the optimizations I've made to the build...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • ioo
    ioo
    Another question: I have been using one sharpened vampire lord sword and one precise vampire lord mace and I was wondering why don’t you use precise for both weapons when it increases both spell and weapon critical which is vital to this build?
  • ioo
    ioo
    Btw u should do some gameplay on this build! I know u said ur on console and recording can be a pain when ur on console but I still think it could work! If not could u post some tips and tricks with this build? I’m not having much success in pvp and it’s probably because I suck, but I would like to improve and fix what I’m doing wrong.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question: I have been using one sharpened vampire lord sword and one precise vampire lord mace and I was wondering why don’t you use precise for both weapons when it increases both spell and weapon critical which is vital to this build?

You want both of your weapons to be Sharpened Swords; the Mace isn't doing much for you...

Combined with the Dual Weild passive, Dual Weilding 1h swords will increase your damage 5%...

Also, Precise weapons increase your Spell Penetration; the more penetration you have, the closer your base damage gets to your tool tip damage...

If your base damage against your target is good, then when your Crits take over, you'll be doing great damage to your target...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw u should do some gameplay on this build! I know u said ur on console and recording can be a pain when ur on console but I still think it could work! If not could u post some tips and tricks with this build? I’m not having much success in pvp and it’s probably because I suck, but I would like to improve and fix what I’m doing wrong.

Just practice...

In this game gear is important, but your skill level is even more important...

Now, one thing I have been doing lately is running Purifying Light opposes to Structured Entropy and that has yielded me greater performance against single targets...

Purifying is also an excellent support ability as it effectively increases the damage of all your allies against the target Purifying Light has applied to...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ioo

I'd recommend that you stick to playing as Support until you get a handle on how to play the character...

Once you get good, you can start to stalk your victims and venture off solo...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • ioo
    ioo
    @ioo

I'd recommend that you stick to playing as Support until you get a handle on how to play the character...

Once you get good, you can start to stalk your victims and venture off solo...

Ok thx for the tip
  • ioo
    ioo

You want both of your weapons to be Sharpened Swords; the Mace isn't doing much for you...

Combined with the Dual Weild passive, Dual Weilding 1h swords will increase your damage 5%...

Also, Precise weapons increase your Spell Penetration; the more penetration you have, the closer your base damage gets to your tool tip damage...

If your base damage against your target is good, then when your Crits take over, you'll be doing great damage to your target...

Dang I like dual wielding maces better than swords. Oh well I guess I’ll use swords then thx!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove several unneeded comments for flaming and baiting, both being against the Forum Rules. For further posts on this topic please be sure to post more respectfully and with the rules in mind to prevent any thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, the OP has been updated to reflect the current optimizations to this build.
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Tamorand
    Tamorand
    ✭✭

Thank you!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Themed builds that let you RP a bit.
    Outside of Trials and high end PVP there is nothing a character in nearly any gear, or skill combo can't accomplish.

Themed builds just make the game so much more fun. Specially if you are doing it with someone else.

Like the Werewolf PVP packs that show up every now and than. Doesn't matter if they are optimal, how cool is it to see a pack of 20 Werewolves all screaming towards you from the woods!!
    Epic!

I see in a post you mentioned that you put all your points into Magicka. Can you add that to the OP just to make a complete guide?

Thank you OP, love it!
    Edited by Tamorand on January 23, 2018 4:11PM
  • Tamorand
    Tamorand
    ✭✭
    (Comment Deleted and moved to previous Post)
    Edited by Tamorand on January 23, 2018 4:11PM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamorand wrote: »

Thank you!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Themed builds that let you RP a bit.
    Outside of Trials and high end PVP there is nothing a character in nearly any gear, or skill combo can't accomplish.

Themed builds just make the game so much more fun. Specially if you are doing it with someone else.

Like the Werewolf PVP packs that show up every now and than. Doesn't matter if they are optimal, how cool is it to see a pack of 20 Werewolves all screaming towards you from the woods!!
    Epic!

I see in a post you mentioned that you put all your points into Magicka. Can you add that to the OP just to make a complete guide?

Thank you OP, love it!

Thanks for your support of this build!

The OP has been updated as requested...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    How did this get revived....
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Tamorand
    Tamorand
    ✭✭
    How did this get revived....

Rhetorical Baiting question.
    It's fun, and the OP is actively answering his fan mail.

Thanks again OP
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP has been updated (as pertains the CP Distribution) with the latest update...

Please note, there is a bug as pertains the tooltip of Devouring Swarm in relation to the CP tree's (this is present on ps4; not sure if its present on the other platforms)...

First, Devouring Swarm does damage over time (like Destro Ult), so its damage numbers should be yellow and not white...

Second, the Master at Arms star will increase the tooltip damage of Devouring Swarm, but wont increase its actual damage; on the flip side, Thaumaturge will increase Devouring Swarms actual damage, but wont increase its tooltip damage...

The end result will be Devouring Swarm hitting much harder than the tooltip suggests with the current CP distribution...

Because of this bug, I have taken all of the points out of Master at Arms and placed more into Elemental Expert and Spell Erosion...

Btw, you can get the base damage of Devouring Swarm up to 5234 (with crits of 9573) by buffing up using Structured Entropy opposed to Purifying Light (I currently flip flop between these two abilities on my DPS bar pending what I deem best for a given situation)...

Enjoy!

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on March 19, 2018 11:28PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Donkey0978
    Love this build. Couple of questions. Will you retain 2 daggers or switch to destro in summerset? Also if you had to switch combat physician out what would you change it for?
  • Donkey0978
    Swords even!
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donkey0978 wrote: »
    Love this build. Couple of questions. Will you retain 2 daggers or switch to destro in summerset? Also if you had to switch combat physician out what would you change it for?

Thanx! :)

To answer your questions, I will stay with Dual Swords as I like the extra Spell Damage and Dual Weild has that passive that increases all damage by 5% when using 2 swords...

If I had to switch Combat Physician out for something, I'd switch it for Spectre's Eye...

I love the passive dodge chance (especially when you Proc it while using Elusive Mist; misting away from an opponent while simutaneously dodging attacks is very satisfying) as you not only dodge an attacks damage when it procs, but you also dodge that attacks secondary effects like Poison and CC...

I have been using Spectre's Eye in place of Combat Physician recently as a matter of fact (but only for PvP), and I gotta say, it performs very well...

Now, there are times when the set isnt doing much for you and you simply arent passively dodging anything...

But there are times when its unbelievably clutch and you are dodging multiple attacks at once or a major attack like Incap; at times like this, you really come to appreciate just how good this set can be...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on May 12, 2018 11:03PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mentioned a lot of your stats, but you should probably put your unbuffed mana regen and spell damage on the main page, since those are absolutely vital stats for producing output (either healing or damage)

Feel free to run Vampire Lord for RP reasons, play the game how you want to play it. But it's a wasted 5set given that vamp drain deals piddly damage and scales it's healing off of health instead of spelldam, meanwhile swarm just isn't going to be enough of a game changer that it's worth devoting an entire 5set to moderately increasing its effectiveness.

You can also drop Chudan and replace it with another monster set (Skoria for damage, Pirate skeleton for tankiness, earthgore for team support) then you can still get major ward/resolve by dropping magelight from one of your bars and putting on rune focus (cool tip, you can just drop the rune on the ground and keep running, the buff will stay on you for 8 seconds). That lets you make use of the amazing mana regen from channeled focus while getting a free monster set bonus and you get to keep ward and resolve.

Combat physician can stay, it can be viable for duels or very small groups.

Also, The Math People figured out that nirnhoned mainland weapon with a _____ offhander produces more damage output than duel-sharpened, which is good for you since switching to nirn is also gonna increase self healing When you're on your offense bar.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on May 13, 2018 1:11AM