The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Vampire Lord (Magicka Templar build)...

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mentioned a lot of your stats, but you should probably put your unbuffed mana regen and spell damage on the main page, since those are absolutely vital stats for producing output (either healing or damage)

Feel free to run Vampire Lord for RP reasons, play the game how you want to play it. But it's a wasted 5set given that vamp drain deals piddly damage and scales it's healing off of health instead of spelldam, meanwhile swarm just isn't going to be enough of a game changer that it's worth devoting an entire 5set to moderately increasing its effectiveness.

You can also drop Chudan and replace it with another monster set (Skoria for damage, Pirate skeleton for tankiness, earthgore for team support) then you can still get major ward/resolve by dropping magelight from one of your bars and putting on rune focus (cool tip, you can just drop the rune on the ground and keep running, the buff will stay on you for 8 seconds). That lets you make use of the amazing mana regen from channeled focus while getting a free monster set bonus and you get to keep ward and resolve.

Combat physician can stay, it can be viable for duels or very small groups.

Also, The Math People figured out that nirnhoned mainland weapon with a _____ offhander produces more damage output than duel-sharpened, which is good for you since switching to nirn is also gonna increase self healing When you're on your offense bar.

Thanx for the input, but I feel the build is fine tuned just right to accomplish my vision of what it should be and doesnt need any tinkering...

1st off Mighty Chudan and Radiant Magelight are indispensible as one of the core idea's with this build is to always have your guard up (in other words have your defenses in constant effect). As a result, Mighty Chudan is superior to both Skoria and Pirate Skeleton in this regard...

Chudan provides its defensive benefits 100% of the time and never needs a proc like Pirate Skeleton. If a bomber attacks your group, he's not gonna wait for you to buff up with Rune Focus or wait until Pirate Skelly has proc'ed to attack; he's going to attack when your guard is down and try his best to kill you.

Chudan and Radiant Magelight combine to make it very difficult to gank you as Radiant Magelight prevents the stun from stealth from Nightblade attacks and Chudan's 8234 Physical/Spell Resist + 1205 Max Health with be in effect the entire time during a gank attempt...

So, despite what you think would improve the build @Jimmy_The_Fixer, would actually weaken it as having strong defeneses in constant effect is one the themes of the build and is one of its best features...

As pertains to Vampire Lord gear, I disagree with you about it as I find it to be much stronger than many of you think as:

1) Vampire Lord triple dips on Devouring Swarm (increases its Damage, reduces its Ultimate Cost, and increases the Healing it provides)...

2) Vampire Lord double dips on Invigorating/Accelerating Drain (increases its damage and reduces its Magicka Cost)...

3) Vampire Lord single dips on Elusive Mist (decreases its Magicka Cost)...

So it goes beyond role playing; the gear is good as it adds more to Vampiric abilities than any other set in the game...

To conclude I dont want to debate about what can be done to improve the build; it performs very well as is and is fine as a result...

No gear changes are neccesary...

:)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, you're obviously not looking for constructive feedback, I get it. Go ham. I won't bother you any more.

It might even work against other console players.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on May 13, 2018 7:56AM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, you're obviously not looking for constructive feedback, I get it. Go ham. I won't bother you any more.

It might even work against other console players.

There is no 'might' to it...

It works very well...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Tamorand
    Tamorand
    ✭✭
    I still love it, such a fun build to play.

It allows your imagination to run along with you. I run combat phys and don't really feel the need to change over to Specter's eye as I PVE more than PVP.

Keep up the good work OP - appreciate the work you've done to make a fun and viable RP build.
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neat build, I might try something similar on my magwarden.
  • Donkey0978
    Hey. Will you update this with wolfhunter / mirkmire (coming soon) interested to see if anything has changed (still use this build!)
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donkey0978 wrote: »
    Hey. Will you update this with wolfhunter / mirkmire (coming soon) interested to see if anything has changed (still use this build!)

I think its awesome that you still use this build! :)

Admittedly, I haven't used it in quite some time, but I will definitely update it once the new content arrives (if anything significant changes that is)...

At current though, I would definitely recommend transmuting all of your Arcane Jewelry to Swift (assuming that you use the build for PvP; if you use it for PvE, then staying Arcane is the way to go)...

Using Swift x3 in conjuction with Elusive Mist essentially doubles the power of Mist Form as your movement speed in Mist Form literally doubles (so you can cover twice the distance in the same 4 second time span than you could before)...

Now going Swift x3 will make a noticeable hit on your Healing/DPS, but the increase in survivability is worth it IMO...

Once again, thanx for trying out the build and I'm glad that you like it!

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC