The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why do you think procsets are broken in PvP combat?

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some reasons, why they are out of balance. In PvE the damage is balanced, because the damage over long fights isnt much higher in relation to other sets. The problem is mostly in PvP, because they are able to procc same time, where you are able to hit with skills same time. Just 1 heavy attack with maybe 3 proccs and 1-2 Skills and all hit same time. That is amazing burst against player. Experienced player allready said before, that the critnerf for proccsets will not solve the problem and its like you see now. In bgs and generally without CP you see this problem, that the damage mitigation is much lower, then on CP maps...
    This sets dont need ressources to work, you are able to restore ressources over heavy attacks and make just a bit less burst damage. SInce Morrowind, this sets also indirectly buffed with increased skill costs...
    There are some other, but this are the main problems with these set. I would like to see a global cooldown like 2sec for all proccsets or little cost, when they procc. In both ways, its senseless to wear much more then 1-2 proccset same time...
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarato wrote: »

Don't think the game is balanced nor should it be.

It's in the game, and if it it betters your class USE it, or die and keep complaining and stay mad. There are people on every class who are AMAZING at this game.

A player 3 months old isn't going to be as good as Fengrush or Sypher because they took time to gain more knowledge on wtf to do. L2p people.

Probably the top 3 most stupid statements, when will this l2p parrots actually start do to use their brains.....

1.) Of course games should be balanced, not only for the sake of fairness but for the sake of variety and for keeping a game interesting. Build and gear diversity keeps a game dynamic in the long run. Do we have that in ESO ? How many sets are in the game and how many are used ? How many skills do we have per class and what skills ares used every time ? Look at the build videos of different people and more or less it is the same boring ***

2.) If this would be true there would be no evolution in games whatsoever and in case of the usual suspects proc sets you proclaim to not fix an obvious broken game mechanic. How do you justify absolutely free unavoidable damage that you get without doing anything for it. This has absolutely nothing to do with skill but with a mindset that just because i farmed instance X i should be better. This is pure lazyness

3.) A veteran should always be better than a newbie. But he should be better because of his skill, his experience, his situational awareness etc. He should clearly not be better because he is carried by his equipment. As it is now there is absolutely no point in doing pvp other than for the lulz, because it is zero competitive.
    Edited by Prospero_ESO on June 30, 2017 6:53AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A light attacked someone today.

Crit them for 2.1k

Oblivion proc'd for 1.9k

Viper proc'd for 3.8k

Selene proc'd for 7k.

A light attacked someone and got 12,700 free damage.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    @Prospero_ESO Spend some time making a counter build and learn how to avoid procs b/c a lot of them CAN be dodged/blocked/evaded. I provide some tips around here to help you, look for them. L2p and procs won't be much of a problem for you, or you can keep hating procsets for "zero competitive" pvp. The only zero competition are the ppl being 2 lazy to create a build and instead blaming and whining.

Take me drunk, I'm home. Fav song: Pony - Ginuwine
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Haha sarento you till people l2p but looking at your post history you are a new nb player who is bad at the game. You didnt have a viper 2 hander or selen before have it dropped for you yet?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A light attacked someone today.

Crit them for 2.1k

Oblivion proc'd for 1.9k

Viper proc'd for 3.8k

Selene proc'd for 7k.

A light attacked someone and got 12,700 free damage.

I had a basic attack build with WoF and elegance (bow) on a stamblade (high crit buld) that opened with HA for 7 k (non crit). The proc added another 2.6 k, Oblivion proc added 1.9 K, and that Light attack was weaved with Poison injection (another 3.5 k). 15 k in one sec, with Poison Injection applying a DoT.

And that was not the main issue, after the opneing I start using LA for 3.5 K crit (stacking hawk eye) and proccing WoF each 2~3 secs and oblivion each 4 secs. If a templar crossed me, I just dodge roll, swap bar, lethal arrow, then back to LA.

No brain build. I tried it with a dunmer for the extra proc dmg, but I thing Khajiit or Bosmer should do even moar dmg
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @GeorgeBlack What is this false pride bullsh*t..if they nerf someone's build they put IRL time in for, yes they will be mad. Respect it. What holy and well-respected build are you using and on what class lmao? It's easier to talk about something you feel is ideal on here, even when knowing it wont happen.

I am going to laugh when your proc sets get nerfed and you cry because you have no skill. And about magDKs being unkillable, while stam regen on DKs might be too strong, that is an L2P issue. They don't use any broken sets, and trade damage for the tankiness. Now, i'm not saying kill procs, but universal cooldown will fix that issue.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ghost-Shot
    1.I will use easier format for your better understanding

2.You can dodge veli tremor selene

3.My questions are above, look for these "?" and if it's still too hard to grasp then perhaps reading comprehension classes would be beneficial, idk what else to tell you

4.A PvP addon helps you know when an enemy is casting snipe, ambush, toppling etc. Called Miat's PvP Alert.

5.In cases where they're running something like widowmaker which uses poisons to proc. its easy to observe if the enemy player has poisons on his weaps. and if theyre about to gap close or some charge up ability, the addon I mentioned above helps supports in this manner. While using the addon one way to counter: [cast shield or heal->cancel animation w/block and stay in block or tele out or dodge roll or w.e]

6.Being ganked by proc, they will have the advantage in these situations so most cases you cant avoid it(If it does manage 2 proc by the time you're up). And you're right that you cannot interupt procs thatd be silly.

Not knowing everything from "2." to "6." listed ABOVE is an l2p issue.
    @Sarato

2. I'll give you that one. But how does one dodge viper?

3. Is that what ? designates? Good to know!

4. How is that relevant?

5. Great, how do you counter when their light attack procs widowmaker?

6. I think you just confirmed my point.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    @Ghost-Shot
    1.I will use easier format for your better understanding

2.You can dodge veli tremor selene

3.My questions are above, look for these "?" and if it's still too hard to grasp then perhaps reading comprehension classes would be beneficial, idk what else to tell you

4.A PvP addon helps you know when an enemy is casting snipe, ambush, toppling etc. Called Miat's PvP Alert.

5.In cases where they're running something like widowmaker which uses poisons to proc. its easy to observe if the enemy player has poisons on his weaps. and if theyre about to gap close or some charge up ability, the addon I mentioned above helps supports in this manner. While using the addon one way to counter: [cast shield or heal->cancel animation w/block and stay in block or tele out or dodge roll or w.e]

6.Being ganked by proc, they will have the advantage in these situations so most cases you cant avoid it(If it does manage 2 proc by the time you're up). And you're right that you cannot interupt procs thatd be silly.

Not knowing everything from "2." to "6." listed ABOVE is an l2p issue.
    @Sarato

2. I'll give you that one. But how does one dodge viper?

3. Is that what ? designates? Good to know!

4. How is that relevant?

5. Great, how do you counter when their light attack procs widowmaker?

6. I think you just confirmed my point.

Finish Him!!! Flawless Victory!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Prospero_ESO Spend some time making a counter build and learn how to avoid procs b/c a lot of them CAN be dodged/blocked/evaded. I provide some tips around here to help you, look for them. L2p and procs won't be much of a problem for you, or you can keep hating procsets for "zero competitive" pvp. The only zero competition are the ppl being 2 lazy to create a build and instead blaming and whining.

Lmao 'l2p' and procs wont be a problem. Are you high?

I found the noob relying on procs to carry him to become relevant.
    PS4 EU DC

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets bad. Fire good!

That is all
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    If and when proc sets are removed or more than likely made not viable. You will still be killed and you will still ask for nerfs it's what forum warriors do.

%100

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    @Ghost-Shot

2. tank up a bit :'(
    3. no time rn to argue abt that
    4. answered this in "5."
    5. tank up a bit :'( (if ur build is all dps then u gettin fokt)
    6. ye, being ganked tho

@ak_pvp hi im not using procs n play b8r dan u
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ghost-Shot

2. tank up a bit :'(
    3. no time rn to argue abt that
    4. answered this in "5."
    5. tank up a bit :'( (if ur build is all dps then u gettin fokt)
    6. ye, being ganked tho

@ak_pvp hi im not using procs n play b8r dan u

I can pretty much 1 hit tanks on a procblade.

An addon that tells you when to dodge is a laughable reply to proc sets. What about console? What about good pvper's who don't use a stupid add on like that?

Still can't roll viper/ red mountain etc...

The fact your defending proc sets is laughable. You either have no idea what your on about or your a below average pvper thats relying proc sets to kill better players.
    PS4 EU DC

• Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95 is this a hate comment. where yo facts go
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95 is this a hate comment. where yo facts go

Wheres your facts? Right here.

You can't dodge viper/ red mountain, you can animation cancel proc sets like selene so you can't dodge that either. Fact.

You can't get add ons on console - Fact - So you can't rely on addons to pvp for you.

Its easy enough to kill 'tanks' in a gank via proc sets - Fact.

Anyone whose reply to proc sets is 'Use Miats' can hardly say anything about facts.

So where is your facts?
    Or indication you actually have a clue what your on about?
    PS4 EU DC

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol funny, gave you an awesome

@Sarato
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 1, 2017 2:20AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95 -disregard my last comment as I only saw ur 1st response while typing it

-so ur saying u can oneshot everything on ur procblade. lol wut
    -doesnt tell u 2 dodge roll, tells when an atk is coming. read bro. ppl r all *** players if they use it? lmao
    -ya baddies cant survive a viper set or a red mount set
    -daily 1vXing and killing w/o proc sets lolll

Edited by Sarato on July 1, 2017 2:18AM
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95 u can dodge selene lol, duel me with your stamblade and ill show you
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95 and na u literally just said u can [snip] one shot tanks, u didnt say by ganking lol. even if ur ganking it still takes a while b/c their resist and/or high health
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 1, 2018 7:56PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95 -disregard my last comment as I only saw ur 1st response while typing it

-so ur saying u can oneshot everything on ur procblade. lol wut
    -doesnt tell u 2 dodge roll, tells when an atk is coming. read bro. ppl r all *** players if they use it? lmao
    -ya baddies cant survive a viper set or a red mount set
    -daily 1vXing and killing w/o proc sets lolll

I'm saying i can 1 shot most things on a build running around with near 3k regen.

Anything in light or medium? Even if they have 25k~ hp, they die.

Things in heavy below 25k~ Can burst them if selene procs.

In open world where its not just me doing damage, a friendlt sorc may curse or fury an enemy, or a inject dot or they may have taken some dmg? Then i can burst them,

So you don't use proc sets but think they are fine? Do you have experience?

Yes add ons telling you when to react are stupid. React without help like everyone is mean't to do. If you don't see the snipe/frag then you should be hit by it.

Its not 'baddies' can't survive its that special snowflake pvpers with 35k hp stam nb are ambushing people for 1k and doing little damage as they should. But then a viper procs for 3.5-4k dmg... or a selene procs for 7-9k dmg...

A tank mag dk spamms you with fossilise/ talons/ chains etc... deals little damage but hey a skoria will rpoc and hit you for 5k dmg...
    PS4 EU DC

• Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95 -so ur telling me u know when a snipe is about to hit u at all times? lol shh this is where the addon comes in handy, again, also doesnt tell u when to dodge. read pls.
    -ye i guess light arm w/shields die huh, and if medium armored players can kill other medium armored players 1hit proc. thats balanced lmao, may be high dmg for both medium armored players, but its still balanced. shh
    -so ur saying u can oneshot all tanks builds if selene procs?
    -oh *** man! so am I bad for 1vXing with procs or am I bad for 1vXing w/o them? Did you just choose to disregard the 1vX part LOL
    -now you're hating on skoria worn by magdks LOL? l2p dude

Edited by Sarato on July 1, 2017 2:37AM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too long. Didn't read.

But, here's my answer.

My main right now is a Stamina Warden Proctatoe. I literally run with 3 damage proc sets on my main bar. All I've been doing for the past couple weeks is playing BG. (The queue isn't as broken as everyone makes it out to be.)

At the moment, I'm number 2 on ththe Deathmatch NA leaderboards. That will
    most likely change, since the guys at the top just alternate position based on who is online playing and who isn't. Regardless, I just want to point out that I play pretty swell in small scale PvP.

Sometimes, I just melt other players. Literally, one minute they're full health, the next they're at ten percent and trying to figure out wtf just happened. The rest of the times, I play against players that have more knowledge of the game and give me a run for my money.

I could easily put together a 1vX video and make it seem like I'm just flat out invincible, but for every 1vX encounter that I win, there are 3 others that I lose.

My point is, as a die hard proctatoe, regardless of what class I'm going up against, if the player controlling the class knows what he/she is doing, then it's a pretty even fight.

If playing against a good player, I'd have a 50/50 chance of beating them regardless of whether they were a sorc, nightblade, dk, Templar, warden, stamina or magicka. If they don't know what they're doing, or they're not used to playing PvP, I'll win the fight, hands down.

Not every player that loses in PvP/BG comes to the forums to complain about losing, but, I'm willing to bet that all the players complaining here the most are doing so because they lost and they need to blame something other than their lack of experience or knowledge of the game.

At this point, I honestly want the proc sets to get nerfed. I already have a good build without procs that I've been testing and it's working out nicely. Rearrange the gear all you want, at the end of the day it's the player behind the gear that makes he difference.
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    @Yoohoo4411 too long didnt read :p
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blasphemy.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95 -so ur telling me u know when a snipe is about to hit u at all times? lol shh this is where the addon comes in handy, again, also doesnt tell u when to dodge. read pls.
    -ye i guess light arm w/shields die huh, and if medium armored players can kill other medium armored players 1hit proc. thats balanced lmao, may be high dmg for both medium armored players, but its still balanced. shh
    -so ur saying u can oneshot all tanks builds if selene procs?
    -oh *** man! so am I bad for 1vXing with procs or am I bad for 1vXing w/o them? Did you just choose to disregard the 1vX part LOL
    -now you're hating on skoria worn by magdks LOL? l2p dude

Skoria is worn by soem stam builds in non cp
    Its worn by some mag nb builds
    By mag dks
    By mag templars?

What does it matter who its worn by? Its a proc set thats dealing too much.

No i don't know when ranged attacks are going to hit me all the time, i shouldn't be able to either thats called environmental sense. If i'm looking the wrong way and i get a frag at me it should hit me. It's part of the game. Not what people do on pc and use addons that tell you information you otherwise wouldn't know.

Light with shields? If 2 proc builds are on a sorc the sorc gets melted? Why would i gank someone with shields? Its common sense to go for the guy who lets his shields drop. Easy ap.

Did i say all tanks? I literally typed some tanks. Read what i said before you answer back, its making this otherwise useless discussion more useless.

Armor doing the pvp for bad players isn't good for the game. My selene literally hits harder than my ult.

The fact you say you 1vx doesn't change anything? Proc sets are still broken whether you 1vx with them or not.

The more you reply the more it seems you have no idea what your talking about, are you disagreeing with the thread for the sake of disagreeing or do you have anything actual factual or discussion worthy?
    PS4 EU DC

• Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    leepalmer95 -so ur telling me u know when a snipe is about to hit u at all times? lol shh this is where the addon comes in handy, again, also doesnt tell u when to dodge. read pls.
    I question you asking someone to read when you reply to a console user who can't even use addons to use Miat's, after several other people in here have said console users can't use addons (and this is before any argument about if an addon telling you when the enemy is casting something is even intended behaviour).

Also, yes - you can tell if a snipe is about to hit you. Anyone familiar with the game can tell you there's a rather distinctive in-air audio queue for a snipe arrow as it travels to give you time to block/roll (assuming you don't get stunned from a weaved heavy attack).

Edited by Seri on July 1, 2017 3:49AM
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that certain overperforming proc sets have a massive tooltip damage.
    Meaning that I dont have to use atk stats. I can maximize sustain stats. The proc set will still do great damage. Unfair.
    I think that certain overperforming proc sets do wrong to Abilities that proc timed damage such as Sorc, the DW skill Deadly Cloak, the DK skill Flames of Oblivion.

I have to slot Deadly Cloak and Flames Of Oblivion (-2 skills in my bar)
    I have to activate Deadly Cloak at a cost of casting TIME and STAMINA.
    I have to activate Flames of Oblivion at a cost of casting TIME and my very limited MAGIKA. Damage scales of my WD so I need to sink stats in my WD, losing sustain.

Overperforming proc sets do all that EFFORTLESSLY at ZERO COST.

That is why I think that proc sets need to be looked at.
  • Sweeteh
    Sweeteh
    Soul Shriven
    Nothing wrong with proc sets honestly its animation canceling thats the problem. It took me a while to learn to do it but once you do its a game changer. It makes even the tankiest of builds have respectable burst damage.