The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Shield breaker Damage

SirDopey
SirDopey
✭✭✭✭✭
Is the oblivion Damage from Shield breaker capped?

I've noticed it never hits for more than 2.1k regardless of how I tweak my max stam/WD.

For instance minor berserk doesn't affect it or either major sorcery/brutality.

It appears none of the champion point options affect its actual damage either

Any feedback on this?
NA PC | AD
xx Doc Holliday xx
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    true damage
    Options
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's capped at what it says on the tooltip on the set. Only way to increase it is by golding outyour gear I assume.

Cancerous set anyway. I hope every sorc you fight destroys you for using that garbage set.
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »
    It's capped at what it says on the tooltip on the set. Only way to increase it is by golding outyour gear I assume.

Cancerous set anyway. I hope every sorc you fight destroys you for using that garbage set.

Love that set too many fotm sorcs
    Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion damage cannot be mitigated OR buffed in way, form or shape.

Notice, that Oblivion damage enchants are bugged, and will display "buffed" values, from DW passives, racial passives, major/minor berserk etc. etc. But they will not actually do the damage of the tooltip.

Also, it cannot crit.

Oblivion damage is the ultimate WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) damage. It does exactly what it says. No more, no less.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
    Options
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except stamina is the meta and fotm and mag sorc is the least seen class in Cyrodiil (PC EU).

Not sure what's happening in NA/consoles but I'd assume stamina is the meta and fotm.
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What's cancerous is the survivability sorcs have with their damage shields.

Cancer meet the cure.

Options
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cancer meet the cure.

You mean the 1 shield I assume? Seeing as harness is now garbage and is being dropped by every mag class.

Are you a stamina player by any chance?
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Except stamina is the meta and fotm and mag sorc is the least seen class in Cyrodiil (PC EU).

Not sure what's happening in NA/consoles but I'd assume stamina is the meta and fotm.

Yes because that's why we equip shield breaker, to fight nothing with it.

Sorcs, and proc blades are the majority. I don't sweat proc blades because they're so easy to kill. Sorcs however are just as powerful as proc blades except they're a royal pain to kill with their damage shields, and superior sustain.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes because that's why we equip shield breaker, to fight nothing with it.

Sorcs, and proc blades are the majority. I don't sweat proc blades because they're so easy to kill. Sorcs however are just as powerful as proc blades except they're a royal pain to kill with their damage shields, and superior sustain.

Living Trellis > shield breaker, just for those mag wardens out there
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Cancer meet the cure.

You mean the 1 shield I assume? Seeing as harness is now garbage and is being dropped by every mag class.

Are you a stamina player by any chance?

With the exception of the Warden, I have a magicka and stamina version of every class.

My main is a stamblade though.
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cancer meet the cure.

1v1 sorc shields are strong

vs 2 good players sorc shields melt.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cancerous set anyway.

Really? It does 2k damage. Almost any hit a magsorc does in return is going to hit back for more than 2k. So why is it a tough set? Because magsorcs configure for minimum health and minimum armor and maximum dps, entirely relying on shields to survive...then they go into open combat with absolutely no effort to sneak or use the environment to position themselves out of reach.

The set only works because sorcs are being played entirely predictably, so it's not hard to find their weakness and kill them.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Cancerous because sorcs complete negate hots/health recovery due to op shield stacking over lapping healing ward.

Mag sorcs are the only class that can do it all. Insane sustain (lich), insane tankiness with shields and still deal crazy damage in 7 light.

Once proc sets are nerfed.. its gonna be mag sorc or nothing.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 22, 2017 6:18PM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • nekura
    nekura
    ✭✭✭
    I run a triple proc set stamblade. I think the real problem with Shield Breaker are addons like 'Dressing Room' that allow me to hotkey sets in PvP w/ no repercussions. It's highly ridiculous I can switch from Selene/Viper/Widow Maker to my Shield Breaker / Widow Maker sorc killer spec with one button.

I will continue to do it as long as it's available, b/c I don't like walking away from AP when I'm solo.
    Options
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

Notice, that Oblivion damage enchants are bugged, and will display "buffed" values, from DW passives, racial passives, major/minor berserk etc. etc. But they will not actually do the damage of the tooltip.

Also, it cannot crit.

Oblivion damage is the ultimate WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) damage. It does exactly what it says. No more, no less.

Aight, starting to make sense. So I think the Tooltip for shield breaker IS being influenced by CP or something. The tooltip damage on mine at the moment is just under 3k but the actual damage is only hitting for 2.1k which I believe is what standard purple hits for. So there must be a UI error with the tooltip that is displaying an incorrectly buffed value that doesn't actually translate to more damage.

To all the haters, EAD. It's a valid set that we're all entitled to use, even if we do run it with a restro or lightning staff =D
    Edited by SirDopey on June 22, 2017 10:08PM
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »

Also, it cannot crit.

Aight, starting to make sense. So I think the Tooltip for shield breaker IS being influenced by CP or something. The tooltip damage on mine at the moment is just under 3k but the actual damage is only hitting for 2.1k which I believe is what standard purple hits for. So there must be a UI error with the tooltip that is displaying an incorrectly buffed value that doesn't actually translate to more damage.

To all the haters, EAD. It's a valid set that we're all entitled to use, even if we do run it with a restro or lightning staff =D

You should just delete that character to be honest. Is it that hard to catch a sorc without shields?
    PS4 EU DC

Options
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too be fair, in about 4 hours of play I think I killed maybe 2 players from the actual shield breaker proc. Most good players realize they're being targeted by shield breaker and drop their shields, allowing a subterranean assault > crit charge > onslaught combo to do the actual real damage.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Also, it cannot crit.

You should just delete that character to be honest. Is it that hard to catch a sorc without shields?

Or maybe you should delete yours if you are unable to survive against such a low damage set XD

Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

Also, it cannot crit.

Or maybe you should delete yours if you are unable to survive against such a low damage set XD

Yes because 2k dmg straight through your defence is great.

This is on the level on soul assault or other crappy designed skillls zos put in to help the lower skilled players.

Just a set used by bad players in order to actually be seen as a 'threat' by good players.
    PS4 EU DC

Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Also, it cannot crit.

This is on the level on soul assault or other crappy designed skillls zos put in to help the lower skilled players.

Just a set used by bad players in order to actually be seen as a 'threat' by good players.

Your comparing having to wear an otherwise useless 5 piece set that only does 2k damage to shields which is mitigated by most hot's vs soul assault which can reach triple digit numbers and is an ultimate.

Im not saying its not a garbage set, but there are far worse sets out there to be making such a big issue about it since it can be easily countered.

Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Also, it cannot crit.

Your comparing having to wear an otherwise useless 5 piece set that only does 2k damage to shields which is mitigated by most hot's vs soul assault which can reach triple digit numbers and is an ultimate.

Im not saying its not a garbage set, but there are far worse sets out there to be making such a big issue about it since it can be easily countered.

Yeah the ones who harshly criticise use of this set refuse to change their build and add the resto hot because then they would loose burst or fotm meta sorc play. I personally dont like the set myself but if this set is what we have to kill unbalanced shield mechanics in the game then its fair game.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 23, 2017 3:24AM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭

Also, it cannot crit.

you won´t kill a good sorc with lightning shield breaker combo, they will just blink away, reset, come back and do their curse, wrath, shard, soul assault combo and either kill you or repeat with blink away, reset and damage combo

so, in which group do you put yourself now? btw I just used the combo for a few days for the giggles, but it´s like always, confirmation bias, you just call ppl bad players because they play sth you don´t like. I do that when I rage for myself when I got my ass handed in pvp. but I try to take the perspective of other players when posting in forums. doesn´t work every single time though...
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
    Options
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cancerous because sorcs complete negate hots/health recovery due to op shield stacking over lapping healing ward.

Mag sorcs are the only class that can do it all. Insane sustain (lich), insane tankiness with shields and still deal crazy damage in 7 light.

Insane tankiness with 1 shield? Yeah okay. Like I and MANY others have said before, Harness has become a dead skill and so has bastion CP star. It's why no class is running harness apart from sorc rerollers who think stacking shields will make them gods.

If you and others can't get through just hardened ward it's either a L2P issue or your gear setup is garbage. I'm predicting it's a L2P issue.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Insane tankiness with 1 shield? Yeah okay. Like I and MANY others have said before, Harness has become a dead skill and so has bastion CP star. It's why no class is running harness apart from sorc rerollers who think stacking shields will make them gods.

If you and others can't get through just hardened ward it's either a L2P issue or your gear setup is garbage. I'm predicting it's a L2P issue.

Most sorcs console still use all 3 shields with lich and stack all day every day. Mag nbs all still spam harness/healing ward. Instantly stating its a l2p issue is just arrogant. Of course you can get through shields but out of all builds when comparing heals/damage/sustain, shield users with lich excel at all 3 compared to most specs being only effective at 2.

There is light armor sorcs tanking better then actual tanks...

PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most sorcs console still use all 3 shields with lich and stack all day every day. Mag nbs all still spam harness/healing ward. Instantly stating its a l2p issue is just arrogant. Of course you can get through shields but out of all builds when comparing heals/damage/sustain, shield users with lich excel at all 3 compared to most specs being only effective at 2.

I haven't seen a single light armour sorc tank better than a heavy armour user and I play on the most cancerous platform (PC EU). As for console players still running harness, they will eventually drop them once they adapt to the meta. The patch hasn't been out as long for you guys as it has been for us.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen a single light armour sorc tank better than a heavy armour user and I play on the most cancerous platform (PC EU). As for console players still running harness, they will eventually drop them once they adapt to the meta. The patch hasn't been out as long for you guys as it has been for us.

I'm running dampen on my heavy magden... I like it...

I'm don't wanna be a snowflake!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Na console is the least group oriented, meta 1vX type platform out there. Thats why most shield oriented builds still wear light / dueler'esk builds.

EU is a completely different platform considering group/guild play is all over the place.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Also, it cannot crit.

You sound like a petulant child. If you're dying to shieldbreaker on any class then you're likely the bad player. There is a very distinct sound and it is very clear when shield breaker is being used. It's important to remember that you can still output more damage than the person sacrificing a 5pc set for a 2k damage proc.

Honestly, the only reason you should die to shieldbreaker is poor situational awareness and positioning, the things that get a sorc killed anyway.

I main sorc and the second I get that shieldbreaker proc I'm instantly dropping everything to reposition and assess the situation, find the shieldbreaker user and set up my burst on him. It's no different than when you know that proc blade is around so you pop a detect pot, the only change is how you react.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 23, 2017 3:54PM
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Also, it cannot crit.

You sound like a petulant child. If you're dying to shieldbreaker on any class then you're likely the bad player. There is a very distinct sound and it is very clear when shield breaker is being used. It's important to remember that you can still output more damage than the person sacrificing a 5pc set for a 2k damage proc.

Honestly, the only reason you should die to shieldbreaker is poor situational awareness and positioning, the things that get a sorc killed anyway.

I main sorc and the second I get that shieldbreaker proc I'm instantly dropping everything to reposition and assess the situation, find the shieldbreaker user and set up my burst on him. It's no different than when you know that proc blade is around so you pop a detect pot, the only change is how you react.

what happens when the shieldbreaker user is another sorc?

Shielbreaker is such a xv1 tool and shields arent amazing
    PS4 EU DC

Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Also, it cannot crit.

what happens when the shieldbreaker user is another sorc?

Shielbreaker is such a xv1 tool and shields arent amazing

I think that's how black holes are made
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options