The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shield breaker Damage

• React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »
    It's capped at what it says on the tooltip on the set. Only way to increase it is by golding outyour gear I assume.

Cancerous set anyway. I hope every sorc you fight destroys you for using that garbage set.

I hope that every time you're getting xv'1d from now on on your mag sorc, that there is a nightblade standing there spamming bow light attacks on you with this set.

Honestly though, HOW can you defend magsorcs like they are the underdog? They haven't been an underdog class for... more than a year at this point? And to say no one runs harness or dampen is ignorant, people do.. Not to mention that healing ward exists. Or does that not count as a ward to you, since it's the only source of HEALING that sorcs have, because they don't need any other source?

Hardened - harness/dampen - healing ward - BARRIER is an option..

Have you played BG's mr. "update has been out for us pc players for longer we know better"? The only reason you see more nightblades than sorcs in there is because of the strength of proc sets in no cp.. almost every team has one or more sorc, and the majority of actual COMPETITIVE teams i've run into (when the 4 man que works) have had 1-2 sorcs.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    SirDopey wrote: »
    raasdal wrote: »
    Oblivion damage cannot be mitigated OR buffed in way, form or shape.

Notice, that Oblivion damage enchants are bugged, and will display "buffed" values, from DW passives, racial passives, major/minor berserk etc. etc. But they will not actually do the damage of the tooltip.

Also, it cannot crit.

Oblivion damage is the ultimate WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) damage. It does exactly what it says. No more, no less.

Aight, starting to make sense. So I think the Tooltip for shield breaker IS being influenced by CP or something. The tooltip damage on mine at the moment is just under 3k but the actual damage is only hitting for 2.1k which I believe is what standard purple hits for. So there must be a UI error with the tooltip that is displaying an incorrectly buffed value that doesn't actually translate to more damage.

To all the haters, EAD. It's a valid set that we're all entitled to use, even if we do run it with a restro or lightning staff =D

You should just delete that character to be honest. Is it that hard to catch a sorc without shields?

Or maybe you should delete yours if you are unable to survive against such a low damage set XD

Yes because 2k dmg straight through your defence is great.

This is on the level on soul assault or other crappy designed skillls zos put in to help the lower skilled players.

Just a set used by bad players in order to actually be seen as a 'threat' by good players.

You sound like a petulant child. If you're dying to shieldbreaker on any class then you're likely the bad player. There is a very distinct sound and it is very clear when shield breaker is being used. It's important to remember that you can still output more damage than the person sacrificing a 5pc set for a 2k damage proc.

Honestly, the only reason you should die to shieldbreaker is poor situational awareness and positioning, the things that get a sorc killed anyway.

I main sorc and the second I get that shieldbreaker proc I'm instantly dropping everything to reposition and assess the situation, find the shieldbreaker user and set up my burst on him. It's no different than when you know that proc blade is around so you pop a detect pot, the only change is how you react.

what happens when the shieldbreaker user is another sorc?

Shielbreaker is such a xv1 tool and shields arent amazing

What happens when you can't beat a magika spec wearing a 5pc Stam set?

You reasses your build, combos, positioning, basically everything about your playstyle to figure out why you're so bad.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's capped at what it says on the tooltip on the set. Only way to increase it is by golding outyour gear I assume.

Cancerous set anyway. I hope every sorc you fight destroys you for using that garbage set.

Cancerous because sorcs complete negate hots/health recovery due to op shield stacking over lapping healing ward.

Mag sorcs are the only class that can do it all. Insane sustain (lich), insane tankiness with shields and still deal crazy damage in 7 light.

Once proc sets are nerfed.. its gonna be mag sorc or nothing.

Insane tankiness with 1 shield? Yeah okay. Like I and MANY others have said before, Harness has become a dead skill and so has bastion CP star. It's why no class is running harness apart from sorc rerollers who think stacking shields will make them gods.

If you and others can't get through just hardened ward it's either a L2P issue or your gear setup is garbage. I'm predicting it's a L2P issue.

Someone should double check this (I'm at work) but they didn't change the bastion %.... so...
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Cancerous because sorcs complete negate hots/health recovery due to op shield stacking over lapping healing ward.

Mag sorcs are the only class that can do it all. Insane sustain (lich), insane tankiness with shields and still deal crazy damage in 7 light.

Insane tankiness with 1 shield? Yeah okay. Like I and MANY others have said before, Harness has become a dead skill and so has bastion CP star. It's why no class is running harness apart from sorc rerollers who think stacking shields will make them gods.

If you and others can't get through just hardened ward it's either a L2P issue or your gear setup is garbage. I'm predicting it's a L2P issue.

Someone should double check this (I'm at work) but they didn't change the bastion %.... so...

They just created ironclad as a better defensive star than bastion. And since you won't be using a 3 shield stack you get the bonus from bastion on only 2 defensive casts instead of 3.

Harness is mediocre and not worth a slot over conversion
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 23, 2017 8:41PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They just created ironclad as a better defensive star than bastion. And since you won't be using a 3 shield stack you get the bonus from bastion on only 2 defensive casts instead of 3

Not really any half assed pvp build will have the same in 56 in both. The cp stars balance eachother out.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They just created ironclad as a better defensive star than bastion. And since you won't be using a 3 shield stack you get the bonus from bastion on only 2 defensive casts instead of 3

Not really any half assed pvp build will have the same in 56 in both. The cp stars balance eachother out.

You're not allowed to change your Avatar!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's because it's a palm isn't it? Lol
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on June 23, 2017 11:47PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You too...

Look at what shield breaker threads do!

We gotta end the insanity.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You too...

Look at what shield breaker threads do!

We gotta end the insanity.

https://youtu.be/Jb-cAJRZrlA
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Math says you shouldn't have 56 in bastion. Math doesn't lie. Sorry
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know what's cancerous? Sorcs that just spam shields when they hit execute range and just heal themselves back to full. Reducing the shield timed to 6 seconds didn't change a damn thing and sorc shields continue to be OP.

In every game since the beginning of time sorcs are considered glass canons. Nope not in ESO, where sorcs can have their cake and eat it too.

I hope zos adds more ways to increase oblivion and adds more sets like shield breaker. Sorcs have had it easy for far too long.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

You know what's cancerous? Sorcs that just spam shields when they hit execute range and just heal themselves back to full. Reducing the shield timed to 6 seconds didn't change a damn thing and sorc shields continue to be OP.

In every game since the beginning of time sorcs are considered glass canons. Nope not in ESO, where sorcs can have their cake and eat it too.

I hope zos adds more ways to increase oblivion and adds more sets like shield breaker. Sorcs have had it easy for far too long.

The thing is, warden can do the exact same thing only with heals, both passive and active. Not I mention all it takes is slotting a staple buff and not two slots to get Necropotence
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • RobTheAxe
    RobTheAxe
    ✭✭
    the division on these forums is quite bad. every balance post i see turns into a 'stamina' vs 'magika' argument Are you a stam player? nerf you! are you a magika player? nerf you instead! you stamina players dont understand us, no you magika players are overpowered! hah its laughable, you all realize you can play more than 1 character or just notice the balance of the game from within one right? ZOS will never get any accurate feetback, if they seek it from the player base, with such partisan posting
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of hard counters. Piercing mark on a NB sends them running for the hills. Bashing a sorc mid dark deal will likely get them killed in certain situations. Even a set like shield breaker has it's place imo. I love winding up a heavy attack bash combo on a player attempting to res. This game needs more counter play not less!!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobTheAxe wrote: »
    the division on these forums is quite bad. every balance post i see turns into a 'stamina' vs 'magika' argument Are you a stam player? nerf you! are you a magika player? nerf you instead! you stamina players dont understand us, no you magika players are overpowered! hah its laughable, you all realize you can play more than 1 character or just notice the balance of the game from within one right? ZOS will never get any accurate feetback, if they seek it from the player base, with such partisan posting

You're a dirty Stammer aren't you? ;)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that set too many fotm sorcs

Except stamina is the meta and fotm and mag sorc is the least seen class in Cyrodiil (PC EU).

Not sure what's happening in NA/consoles but I'd assume stamina is the meta and fotm.

we are in june 2017 now not 2016, i guess u havent played in a year or something. every new player and metahopper plays a sorc theese days, its the most op easiest class by a long shot. sure a fullproc stam nb an get a kill here and there but usually got smacked down seconds later. a OP magsorc can stay at distance in his *** mines stacking shields and do insane burst damage.
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think magic had 1 too many mushrooms or something.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glamdring wrote: »

Except stamina is the meta and fotm and mag sorc is the least seen class in Cyrodiil (PC EU).

Not sure what's happening in NA/consoles but I'd assume stamina is the meta and fotm.

we are in june 2017 now not 2016, i guess u havent played in a year or something. every new player and metahopper plays a sorc theese days, its the most op easiest class by a long shot. sure a fullproc stam nb an get a kill here and there but usually got smacked down seconds later. a OP magsorc can stay at distance in his *** mines stacking shields and do insane burst damage.

agree'd. mag sorcs are the new fotm. easily stack shields any time you get bursted and throw down a burst of your own. easiest class to use now that gankblades are pretty much nonexistent and have become procblades since there is no difference. you cant drain them of stamina due to dark deal and they have pretty much infinite sustain due to lich.

guess its time to quit eso again and wait for another balance patch.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭

not cancer*
    Take me drunk, I'm home. Fav song: Pony - Ginuwine
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    Shields are cancer! [NonCp for me. idk about Vivec, dont play cp PvP]
    Edited by Sarato on June 25, 2017 6:25AM
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    nekura wrote: »
    I run a triple proc set stamblade. I think the real problem with Shield Breaker are addons like 'Dressing Room' that allow me to hotkey sets in PvP w/ no repercussions. It's highly ridiculous I can switch from Selene/Viper/Widow Maker to my Shield Breaker / Widow Maker sorc killer spec with one button.

I will continue to do it as long as it's available, b/c I don't like walking away from AP when I'm solo.

DUDE DUDE THANK YOU, MAIL ME UR BUILDS MAN

Edit: Oh you just said it nvm
    Edited by Sarato on June 25, 2017 6:29AM
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    No mag sorc was meta now it's stamblade. Magsorc is fine but crumble vs 2 players. Had a mirror match in bg with 3 teams of 2 players mag sorc and mag dk. We won the game by Focusing sorcs. Because They cant survive 2 players.

• MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Penacea Is the solution <3<3
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

agree'd. mag sorcs are the new fotm. easily stack shields any time you get bursted and throw down a burst of your own. easiest class to use now that gankblades are pretty much nonexistent and have become procblades since there is no difference. you cant drain them of stamina due to dark deal and they have pretty much infinite sustain due to lich.

Not sure what game you guys are playing..

Yeah, there was a floor of them after morrowind hit, as a direct result of all the 'sorcs are op' posts on here, despite what people who understood the impact of the changes were saying.

Now those guys have learned that it's nothing like how the forums painted so either went back to their usual class, or the next form as defined by this forum (procblade).

I don't really see sorcs played much more than any other class right mow., although there are a lot more mag sorcs than stamsorcs just as there are more stamblades than magblades.

IMHO, balance is much better than it has been in a long time, and yes, proc sets are part of that balance. Now they just need to do some kind of gear balancing patch so that there aren't so many useless sets, and bis stops being a thing.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    poor templars :/// so neclected in 1vs x world
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is Harness Magicka a dead skill?
    Edited by Joy_Division on June 25, 2017 2:06PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just dying at people talking about sorcs stacking shields all day. If a sorc has harness on his bars I know he's missing a threatening piece of utility that is more valuable to his arsenal.

Further, if he's able to sustain stacking 3 shields for any amount of time then I know he has very little threatening damage to present. This means I have the same opportunity to go full defensive and tank his damage as well, on most builds.

Now, he's given up a resistance and mobility buff or mines to run harness OR he's given up resto ult to use overload for a utility bar in which case he loses his defensive ult. Either way, a 3 shield stack is mediocre when compared to other options.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Not sure what game you guys are playing..

Yeah, there was a floor of them after morrowind hit, as a direct result of all the 'sorcs are op' posts on here, despite what people who understood the impact of the changes were saying.

Now those guys have learned that it's nothing like how the forums painted so either went back to their usual class, or the next form as defined by this forum (procblade).

I don't really see sorcs played much more than any other class right mow., although there are a lot more mag sorcs than stamsorcs just as there are more stamblades than magblades.

IMHO, balance is much better than it has been in a long time, and yes, proc sets are part of that balance. Now they just need to do some kind of gear balancing patch so that there aren't so many useless sets, and bis stops being a thing.

On xbox mag sorc is definitely meta along with stamblades every other player you run across in cyrodill is a mag sorc
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shield breaker hits for 2k omg plz stop with this set ....its a counter set
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    shield breaker hits for 2k omg plz stop with this set ....its a counter set