The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cyrodiil NPC's are Out of Control!

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue with guards, IMHO, is their eclipse.

The player eclipse got recently changed to be unbreakable, but shorter, and granting CC immunity after it expires.
    The guard eclipse got changed this way as well, except it does not grant CC immunity after it expires.

So as a magicka player, as soon as you get aggro you are hit with a bubble that prevents you from doing any magical single target damage(even staff light attacks), you can not break out of it(before, you at least could do that), and it is constantly being reapplied to you as soon as it expires. Fun times(not).
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Epic that Brian is updating this post. Give him a chance guys.

Agreed that keep jumping etc is a thing, seen on Xbox, thought the old problem was back so that explains it

I agree here. Don't heap a pile of *** on the devs for no reason. We're stating the problem and interacting, lets not shut down the communication.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be really nice if the Pin Guards could just be...you know...like ONE class and maybe not have abilities from all classes. That would be great. Thanks. But, seriously, the NPC's are pretty much God-like in Sotha Sil.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean... we're really worrying about the resource guards being too hard? Really?

Whatever happened with the door-maker's strike?

This is simply making the game far too easy. It should take around 3 people to take a resource, but as it is I'm still sending out group members solo and encountering few problems. Just don't jump into a box of pain like a suicidal Cliff Racer and you'll be fine.

We need a new server easier than Blackwater/Sotha Sil for those who want to play the game on Settler level. Might I suggest: Care+Bears+Welcome+to+Care-A-Lot+Logo.jpg

Nice rhetoric, horrible logic.

I stated in my point that I can understand wanting to adjust the difficulty, but if that is the case the mechanics should have reason and logic behind them. The npc's follow no rules and reset. I'm fairly certain you don't want npc's resetting.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean... we're really worrying about the resource guards being too hard? Really?

Whatever happened with the door-maker's strike?

This is simply making the game far too easy. It should take around 3 people to take a resource, but as it is I'm still sending out group members solo and encountering few problems. Just don't jump into a box of pain like a suicidal Cliff Racer and you'll be fine.

We need a new server easier than Blackwater/Sotha Sil for those who want to play the game on Settler level. Might I suggest: Care+Bears+Welcome+to+Care-A-Lot+Logo.jpg

That blue bear looks like it couldn't solo the resource....
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can handle the broken NPCs but the small tower farmer enemy groups have been quick to take advantage of the situation which makes it hard to fight them as the NPCs shut you down.
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

The player eclipse got recently changed to be unbreakable, but shorter, and granting CC immunity after it expires.
    The guard eclipse got changed this way as well, except it does not grant CC immunity after it expires.

So as a magicka player, as soon as you get aggro you are hit with a bubble that prevents you from doing any magical single target damage(even staff light attacks), you can not break out of it(before, you at least could do that), and it is constantly being reapplied to you as soon as it expires. Fun times(not).

you run cyrodiil without purge? Hm...
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yshaar wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »

you run cyrodiil without purge? Hm...

Purge solves nothing, because

1, it does not grant CC immunity, so the bubble will be instantly reapplied, and
    2, it removes 2 negative effects, and when you have resource guard aggro, the debuff line goes from the left side of my screen all the way to the right.
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting this on behalf of Covenant Siege Merchant, who used to be a prolific poster herself but has now distanced herself from these forums due to a cruel miscarriage of justice.

https://youtu.be/rmJcJO2Pd3o

@ZOS_BrianWheeler Video evidence of the new raid bosses to hit cyrodiil since Morrowind, aka resource guards.
    Edited by Magıc on June 10, 2017 5:39PM
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all reports we confirm the in game server data ("my sheet") first along with talking with QA and our server engineers to see what's going on. As that was happening, I was logging in to confirm it in person. As for why this wasn't seen by me personally until now, I've been leveling a warden, playing in battlegrounds with my other characters to help iron out the LFG issues, and in the times I've gone into Cyrodiil I've been in IC. I'm sorry we didn't catch this sooner, and we have a fix ready that our engineers need to verify doesn't cause other issues.

Please log on more often to see what the game is actually like. Kthxbye.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Epic that Brian is updating this post. Give him a chance guys.

Agreed that keep jumping etc is a thing, seen on Xbox, thought the old problem was back so that explains it

I agree here. Don't heap a pile of *** on the devs for no reason. We're stating the problem and interacting, lets not shut down the communication.

This problem has existed for many years, in fact part of the problem is that it hasn't been adjusted. Ever. I don't see a problem with them having to read about it again. Don't fanboi for no reason.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Solo play = hard mode. Zerging = easy mode. Guards being too strong promotes the latter ...

If people are looking for a PvE challenge, they can go somewhere else.

I agree with this exactly. I don't go to cyrodiil to putz about with npc's.
    <And plenty more>
  • Skjoldur
    Skjoldur
    ✭✭✭
    Zvorgin wrote: »
    Please leave them as is. All the NPC's needed a buff. This is more fun!

Buff the keep NPC's as well.

Buff yes, even a strong buff. But not totally stupid combinations of skills on every NPC.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They seem to be behaving differently at different resource locations.

For example, try soloing Faregyl Farm, which seems insanely difficult, as I get hit with a constant barrage of negates and eclipses. Then compare Alessia Mine, which is very easy.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on June 11, 2017 5:45PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem to be behaving differently at different resource locations.

For example, try soloing Faregyl Farm, which seems insanely difficult, as I get hit with a constant barrage of negates and eclipses. Then compare Alessia Mine, which is very easy.

It's tied to the level the resource is. So if it's been a while and the resource has advanced to level 5, more NPC's seem to have more skills.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a drive by of Aleswell farm level 5 just now and got the workers firing negate, fire balls, etc. It's not intended. Digging into this more.

Damn, that's too bad, I thought they were beta-testing spell crafting!
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I kinda like the new resource guards. Makes playing stamina and small group play more interesting.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 11, 2017 7:25PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda like the new resource guards. Makes playing stamina and small group play more interesting.

i actually got to capture a ressource today - together with my son :)
    his character is level 22 ^^ and i am a magicka user.

i was surprised by the force of them xD but it was intresting and fun.

Just some things are really too much (endless eclipse and negates, to name some) and need a fix imo :)

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not actually okay or intended. Constant spam of negates and eclipses and that yellow disorient cc gets tiring. And eclipses does reflect some of the stamina abilities like reverberating bash. Fighting the guards shouldn't be the focus of pvp. Fighting the players are supposed to be the main focus. It creates unnecessary annoyance to magicka and stamina alike.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not bother me that the resource guards are stronger. It bothers me that the devs did not know about it despite the bug reports.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tip for fellow wardens: cliff racer is the only(to my knowledge) magicka singetarget damage ability that is not affected by the eclipse.

Funny thing that my level 12 warden was able to cap a resource much easier than my level 50 mDK :smirk:
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    In all reports we confirm the in game server data ("my sheet") first along with talking with QA and our server engineers to see what's going on. As that was happening, I was logging in to confirm it in person. As for why this wasn't seen by me personally until now, I've been leveling a warden, playing in battlegrounds with my other characters to help iron out the LFG issues, and in the times I've gone into Cyrodiil I've been in IC. I'm sorry we didn't catch this sooner, and we have a fix ready that our engineers need to verify doesn't cause other issues.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler how about looking into the massive amount of lag STILL present in Cyrodiil. It's been super laggy since this game launched! Get 40 v 40 and the game pretty much crawls to ~10 fps or lower. And it isn't my comp. I know ppl with 1080ti's and 7700k's that still have this massive amount of lag.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    NPC have been excessively weak and even inactive since Imperial City update (RIP solo/duo defending nightcaps), back in 1.5 and 1.6 i would tell my PUG to ignore players and focus the guards first.

While it is nice to see them strong again their behaviour is incoherent and obviously a glitch. Great to see that devs are working on a fix but i hope NPC get buffed to their former glory too.
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id also like to meet the genius who thought unbreakable eclipse was a good idea
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am fairly certain something is wrong with the way the NPC's at resources and keeps operate now. Guards are now also menders, dragon knights, toss negates, etc. They now also don't just heal themselves but 'reset to full health' on a regular basis. I recognize they wanted to make NPC's stronger but this kills a bit of the strategy and such. In my view if they want more challenging npc's they should go back to the drawing board.

NPC's using the cheat engine LOL
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    LOL @ZOS_BrianWheeler Last night almexlexia lol 7 day non cp PS4 im not the best player in game but i was on my sorc magika pet build and can usually take any resource np i get these level 5 dudes are tough but negates chains stuns everything hit me it was like being attacked by a player and the best part was i captured one flaged flipped the second the npcs on the first and second respawned and captured the flag liek sure some yellow could have taken it and took off but i didnt see anyone but npcs ive never seen an npc take a flag also in mid battle they full healed it was insane thats for sure
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »
    Posting this on behalf of Covenant Siege Merchant, who used to be a prolific poster herself but has now distanced herself from these forums due to a cruel miscarriage of justice.

https://youtu.be/rmJcJO2Pd3o

@ZOS_BrianWheeler Video evidence of the new raid bosses to hit cyrodiil since Morrowind, aka resource guards.

I don't know what's funnier, when the all heal at the same time, or when they all fireball at the same time. This was great, that 's for sharing :D
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cydone wrote: »

ZOS_BrianWheeler how about looking into the massive amount of lag STILL present in Cyrodiil. It's been super laggy since this game launched! Get 40 v 40 and the game pretty much crawls to ~10 fps or lower. And it isn't my comp. I know ppl with 1080ti's and 7700k's that still have this massive amount of lag.

Its server side not client side. You ckuld habe a super computer and still lag to 10 fps.

Maybe if zos pushed more client then server side we would be lag free but zos is to afraid of hackers/bots and doesnt want to pay staff to moderate the game.

PS4 NA DC
  • Red_Olander
    Red_Olander
    ✭✭✭

I did not see anything in the patch notes referring to this. My guess is that it was not fixed. Logging in now that the patch has downloaded to see for myself.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cydone wrote: »

ZOS_BrianWheeler how about looking into the massive amount of lag STILL present in Cyrodiil. It's been super laggy since this game launched! Get 40 v 40 and the game pretty much crawls to ~10 fps or lower. And it isn't my comp. I know ppl with 1080ti's and 7700k's that still have this massive amount of lag.

Its server side not client side. You ckuld habe a super computer and still lag to 10 fps.

Maybe if zos pushed more client then server side we would be lag free but zos is to afraid of hackers/bots and doesnt want to pay staff to moderate the game.

The more they push client side the more ppl are able to "edit" files. And no duh it's server side. They need better servers! You'd be surprised at the cheap hardware some of these companies use for their databases and such. Look at SWG, those servers were literally P3 servers lol.