The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil NPC's are Out of Control!

• AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting and being transparent @ZOS_BrianWheeler you guys are doing a great job for a large, complex game. I know I'll get flamed for this post but y'all don't hear it enough, mainly because the most people are too busy enjoying this great game you've created to come and be salty on the forums.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    totally agree @AverageJo3Gam3r very nice to see @ZOS_BrianWheeler reacting so proficiently. i fanboi but i flame devs too on occasion, passion is hard to conquer.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all reports we confirm the in game server data ("my sheet") first along with talking with QA and our server engineers to see what's going on. As that was happening, I was logging in to confirm it in person. As for why this wasn't seen by me personally until now, I've been leveling a warden, playing in battlegrounds with my other characters to help iron out the LFG issues, and in the times I've gone into Cyrodiil I've been in IC. I'm sorry we didn't catch this sooner, and we have a fix ready that our engineers need to verify doesn't cause other issues.

Thanks for the feedback, please let us know when fixed.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a drive by of Aleswell farm level 5 just now and got the workers firing negate, fire balls, etc. It's not intended. Digging into this more.

muito obriago

and they say ZOS never plays their own game ;)
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    The funniest thing was a guard throwing down trap beast at a resource only for another guard to trigger it.. I laughed so much I got killed...
  • Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    I think its neat, leave as is!
    Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zouni wrote: »
    I think its neat, leave as is!

I agree. Some resoucres prefer different forms. Black boot they all turn into sorcs for frag action. Dragonclaw they all dks. Roeback they all were templars.

The best part is when they are working and transporting logs of wood and once you hit them they transform like a super sayian.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler Fix the skill spam but keep the transforming npcs!
    PS4 NA DC
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all reports we confirm the in game server data ("my sheet") first along with talking with QA and our server engineers to see what's going on. As that was happening, I was logging in to confirm it in person. As for why this wasn't seen by me personally until now, I've been leveling a warden, playing in battlegrounds with my other characters to help iron out the LFG issues, and in the times I've gone into Cyrodiil I've been in IC. I'm sorry we didn't catch this sooner, and we have a fix ready that our engineers need to verify doesn't cause other issues.

Thanks for your attention and help.

• Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I didn't think it was much harder, alot of guildies talking about it but still soloable. I think leave it, its a better challenge. Saying it breaks the strategy is wrong, it just breaks your strategy so you have to change is all. Hard is good

Hard is ok, and I can appreciate that. But when the stupid little NPC worker that's carrying wood with no armor or weapons on him suddenly pulls me with a fire chain? C'mon. That's just silly, and totally broken.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Solo play = hard mode. Zerging = easy mode. Guards being too strong promotes the latter ...

If people are looking for a PvE challenge, they can go somewhere else.

Solo play = ego aggrandizement in a group zone, so I can stream the result if I survive, and edit out all the times I died running around a tree.

Zerging = the way the war simulator was supposed to work in the first place.

Fixed.
  • AlexiasDaex
    AlexiasDaex
    ✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »
    Solo play = hard mode. Zerging = easy mode. Guards being too strong promotes the latter ...

Solo play = ego aggrandizement in a group zone, so I can stream the result if I survive, and edit out all the times I died running around a tree.

Fixed.

Lol no. I remember more then a year ago the devs kept encouraging people not to zerg cause their servers couldn't handle it. That's one of the reasons they got rid of forward camps before they reworked them.
    The devs want you to play the way you want to play. If that means solo then so be it. And these guards are to difficult for solo play. They need to be nerfed. I don't wanna be perma eclipse​d and negated by workers.
    Edited by AlexiasDaex on June 15, 2017 7:26PM
    Former Emperor (Duh)
    Legacy of Alacrity
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to add one more issues, they atack range is waaaay longer as is should be.
    specificly: i was out of my range as a sorc, wich means i couldn't atack them, the npcs whom guarded the flag in farms, they almost shoot me to the end of thge map, wich is too much. lover their range plsm im sure this is not how supose to work.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't read everything, thus sorry if I'm repeating something. I agree the back-to-back Eclipses are the biggest problem for a magicka character. A nightmare in no CP. Such BS that they can happen non-stop.

I play mostly in IC, thus referring to the flags there. There are some workarounds. In IC it's not so bad, as you only have the two stationary guards to deal with, who do the Eclipses. In CP you may kill them quickly enough that you don't have much of an issue. You can pop an immovability pot as you approach, which prevents the Eclipses. You can hope one of the guards CCs you, break free, and gain some immunity. You can CC yourself by firing Flame Reach into the Eclipse, then break free. You can disable one of the guards with Fossilize or Agony until you're ready to deal with him.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most interesting thing in this thread is the level to which Stockholm Syndrome has manifested in the gaming community. Constant neglect from devs, and players are so happy when they finally get a response about anything at all.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »

Fixed.

'Zerging' means nothing. It's just what people say when they lose. If I'm in a group with 11 other guild members, apparently we're supposed to disband and go play the cool-guy lone wolf game.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »
    I wanted to add one more issues, they atack range is waaaay longer as is should be.
    specificly: i was out of my range as a sorc, wich means i couldn't atack them, the npcs whom guarded the flag in farms, they almost shoot me to the end of thge map, wich is too much. lover their range plsm im sure this is not how supose to work.
    @TheValar85 you have the points placed that extend your long range skills in Cyro unlocked?

Elites' range has always been high, but I think with the +5 meters it normally evens out.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At launch resources were almost impossible to solo. They were a lot harder than they are in the current patch. I do agree that the abilities of the guards are a little too annoying, in particular the eclipse.

I didn't mind that difficulty that had to do with how much damage you were gradually taking or going out of resources back then, but this awful CCing is a different matter.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Did a drive by of Aleswell farm level 5 just now and got the workers firing negate, fire balls, etc. It's not intended. Digging into this more.

Did this ever get fixed? Yet to see it in the patch notes...
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I still love the new resources regardless of how op they are now. Defending them as a solo player is amazing.
    PS4 NA DC
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Don't know about PC but we haven't had patch on console since Morrowind.
    Kind of sucks when a 4 or 5 person group gets wiped at a level 5 resource because the workers do as much damage as the guards.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

It was fixed on PC

Was in the patch notes also (for PC)
    Edited by Morgul667 on July 7, 2017 1:29AM
  • ThisIsAKnife
    ThisIsAKnife
    ✭✭
    with y'all and CE the NPCs couldn't help themselves to keep up
  • T1y4hoon
    T1y4hoon
    ✭✭✭
    The NPCs have skills from the dragonknight, templar and sorcerer classes (no nightblade or warden skills). I believe all of the npcs can use the spells from these three classes, including the regular "workers". I have seen the workers use the spiked armor and eclipse spells (not sure if the workers use any spell from sorc). The guards and mage guards have used dragonblood (this is the ability that makes them return to full hp somehow, right before they are about to die), eclipse and negate. The menders use templar skills and drop negate bubbles.

Its annoying that I have to focus harder on killing npcs than players sometimes, in order to prevent the npcs from regaining all their hp right before they die. I have to time the burst just right, otherwise, time to start over.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T1y4hoon wrote: »
    The NPCs have skills from the dragonknight, templar and sorcerer classes (no nightblade or warden skills). I believe all of the npcs can use the spells from these three classes, including the regular "workers". I have seen the workers use the spiked armor and eclipse spells (not sure if the workers use any spell from sorc). The guards and mage guards have used dragonblood (this is the ability that makes them return to full hp somehow, right before they are about to die), eclipse and negate. The menders use templar skills and drop negate bubbles.

Its annoying that I have to focus harder on killing npcs than players sometimes, in order to prevent the npcs from regaining all their hp right before they die. I have to time the burst just right, otherwise, time to start over.

That was fixed on PC
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's tougher but I think it's actually good thing engaging and unpredictable
    Leave it
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when is this garbage going to be fixed?
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess the NPC's just got sick of being punching bags LOL! Revenge of the generic Alliance guard.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by Jitterbug on July 7, 2017 11:12AM
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

After dealing with this can you please adjust NPC's accordingly relative to the campaign they are stationed. In the CP campaign with the most population they may as well not exist. And in the no-cp and under 50 ones they are too strong. Even experienced players can struggle. I feel that the strength of NPC's is a factor in where players choose to PvP, as new and less experienced players are forced to go where the numbers are to have any chance at scoring AP. The same can be said about IC also.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler I'd like to bring this back to attention. This is still a major issue and I've seen it be troublesome for some stam builds as well. The Negates and Bubbles are way to much, and the fact that they take away things like concealed weapon and flame whip is stupid. While force pulse (The sorc's spamable) is unaffected by this.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info