Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil NPC's are Out of Control!

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One other point about the NPC's, @ZOS_BrianWheeler .

The NPC's are able to CC you irrespective of CC Immunity rules. I've had 3 negates chucked on me, 3 of those golden balls of cc whose name eludes me, back to back, followed by the spinning slam. It is lucky for me I was playing a tank but indeed the NPC's are really behaving strangely at this point in time.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this issue is related, but a few nights ago in Sotha Sil NA PC the resource guards at all three roe resources were completely passive. They would not fight back or move, just dragon blood when they got low.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The worst part is when you get chained, and you get pulled in at such an agonizingly slow speed and all that's happening, too
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meat bag until flag is clear, easiest way.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those NPCs are too strong now oO
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I log in almost every day Ackwalan.

With all respect. Then how did you not know about this? As others have said, it was noticed the first hour of going live.

Log in and actively participate in the pvp zone are two separate things. If he actively participated he would know how annoying things are such as:

- The infinite loading screens.

- If you press “E” to enter doors too fast you go in then are ejected back outside.

-The unnecessary loading screen when the keeps upgrade.

-The toxic and boring aoe blob trains.

-The fact the forward camps have such a low spawn timer its often difficult to clear players out of keeps. As they keep resurrecting right outside of the keep.

-The fact that people can resurrect at newly placed forward camps even if they did not die in the radius of an active camp.

-Players “blood porting” to keeps they have no transit connection to.

-The fact that siege weapons do very little damage to players in champ campaigns.

-The fact that players can just stand inside of each other stacking in areas where 50+ players would not normally fit if there was player collision.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a drive by of Aleswell farm level 5 just now and got the workers firing negate, fire balls, etc. It's not intended. Digging into this more.

Good to know you are looking into this but I thought it was commonly known
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goshua wrote: »
    Poor choice of words in my first post, my bad, apologies.
    Goshua wrote: »
    I'm looking into this but on the workers in Cyrodiil I'm seeing no changes in their ability lists for the past 6 months. Can you give us some more information such as the resource defense level and production level?

How about play the game you've made and see it for yourself...

You don't eat where you poop.

I understand, but they should. If your job is poop, you should eat that poop like every other professional pooper.

This is isn't an Alpha or a Beta defecation.

Dinner is at 250-400ms if you would like to know what time many of us have dinner.

• Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    I died from fall damage on alessia farm 2 weeks ago, when npc knocked me back<
    npc constantly spamed bubble on me, with insane cast speed<
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Can you take a look at them chain pulling you through walls and floors.

This too. You get pulled straight through the floor, occasionally.

The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think it was much harder, alot of guildies talking about it but still soloable. I think leave it, its a better challenge. Saying it breaks the strategy is wrong, it just breaks your strategy so you have to change is all. Hard is good
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I didn't think it was much harder, alot of guildies talking about it but still soloable. I think leave it, its a better challenge. Saying it breaks the strategy is wrong, it just breaks your strategy so you have to change is all. Hard is good

Try solo a level 5 ressource as a magicka build... :s
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's my point, it should be hard. Should we be able to solo it? Change / shake up is good. A new horizon of pvp warfare could be cool.

I'm Mag and soloed a few this morning, took some clever approach angles and some work tho but doable, or maybe Xbox isn't so bad
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the way, @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Mage guards above the outer front door of keeps will conveniently pull players into the keep. They aren't doing a very good job defending.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's my point, it should be hard. Should we be able to solo it? Change / shake up is good. A new horizon of pvp warfare could be cool.

I'm Mag and soloed a few this morning, took some clever approach angles and some work tho but doable, or maybe Xbox isn't so bad

I play no CP PvP. And yes, a ressource should be possible to solo. Even on no CP campaign. The discussion is useless anyways. Zos already stated it is not working as intented. I dunno how things are on console though but on PC, it is almost impossible to solo a ressource now. :)
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭

Mage guards above the outer front door of keeps will conveniently pull players into the keep. They aren't doing a very good job defending.

And we have - too - another problem about NBs. If one NB jump - dont remember the skill - in opponent and that opponent is entering a keep, NB also enters, passes through - through - the door.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logging in =/= playing ;)

It's great. Now you have to Zerg up for resources too. Isn't that the game play you wanted to promote?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by Kas on June 9, 2017 8:44AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juli'St wrote: »

And we have - too - another problem about NBs. If one NB jump - dont remember the skill - in opponent and that opponent is entering a keep, NB also enters, passes through - through - the door.

Lotus Fan and its morphs. It was supposed to be fixed a few patches ago but it never really was I think.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At launch resources were almost impossible to solo. They were a lot harder than they are in the current patch. I do agree that the abilities of the guards are a little too annoying, in particular the eclipse.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please make sure the difficulty of obtaining a resource is still high.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juli'St wrote: »

been happening for years, been "fixed" several times too, it's now a feature lol
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Did a drive by of Aleswell farm level 5 just now and got the workers firing negate, fire balls, etc. It's not intended. Digging into this more.

Good to know you are looking into this but I thought it was commonly known

ZO$ don't know whats going on in the game until at least half a dozen threads are made about it,

with video clips for proof,

oh and verified by a streamer ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I log in almost every day Ackwalan.

With all respect. Then how did you not know about this? As others have said, it was noticed the first hour of going live.

Maybe he doesn't like taking resources... ;)
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    The worst part is when you get chained, and you get pulled in at such an agonizingly slow speed and all that's happening, too

Hah! I was just commenting on that to a friend the other day. The long duration of that cc alone puts you in great danger because there's absolutely nothing you can do to get out of it.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You're missing the point. It isn't about skill or strategy, it is about whether or not the npc's are particularly glitchy. Will they cc-spam you 10 times in a row? Will you get 3 negate bubbles and 5 cc's tossed on you at once? Will you get attacked through walls, then chain pulled into 3 negates and cc's? Will the workers suddenly start tossing out negates, heals, and fireballs? I'm sorry but I disagree with you. The nuance is lost and the npc's have just become brute-force glitching (I'd say cheating) monstrosities. I say this as a person who has actually solo'd resources in the current state of things but part of being able to do that is not having the npc's spazz out on you too much. Most npc's have to be killed 3-5 times at any regard because they 'reset' back to full health for no particular reason.

You want challenge to which I say I'd like to see interesting challenge if that's the goal. Otherwise, we should honestly send these guys at Molag Bal while the rest of us vestiges hang out on the beaches of Alikir sipping mai tais.
    <And plenty more>
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking into this but on the workers in Cyrodiil I'm seeing no changes in their ability lists for the past 6 months. Can you give us some more information such as the resource defense level and production level?

Level 5 resource workers cast eclipse and dragon armor etc..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeming this has -finally- got a devs attention, reposting this of the Eclipse bug (one small part of the bigger picture I know).

https://youtu.be/MrIZswJPHu0

@ZOS_BrianWheeler , I'm sorry, but claiming you log in every day means absolutely zero when these bugs are-
    a) immediately obvious
    b) have been pointed out constantly since PTS and again when live

Edited by Taylor_MB on June 9, 2017 11:15AM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    best part IMHO in the new bugged NPCs on the resources, especially level 5, it's when all 10+ mobs are starting to cross healing each other same time, making a hilarious crossed-chain. everyone is DK, Templar and Sorc same time :neutral:
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skillset upgrades in the crown store next. I'm sure gonna pay the 20k crowns to get my Sorc some Templar and DK skillz;)