The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cyrodiil NPC's are Out of Control!

• alkodav
    alkodav
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler I can confirm this issue too.
    Resource flag's mobs have all abilities, not depend on mob type (they ALL can heal for exsample). Vivec campaign
    Check pls
    Edited by alkodav on June 9, 2017 12:00PM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Derra its because we dont have a dedicated cryodill team. hes probably ironing out bg bugs and hasnt been in cryodill.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra its because we dont have a dedicated cryodill team. hes probably ironing out bg bugs and hasnt been in cryodill.

"Someone declined the invitation" would like to have a word with "ironing out bg bugs" i guess :neutral:

But even under this assumption i find the fact unacceptable.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra

What I find more depressing is the fact he downplayed it at first - just like Gina did with that queue bug. It's always like "are you really sure that the things you are perpetually experiencing are the way you describe? Because my sheet here says everything is working as intended."
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    In all reports we confirm the in game server data ("my sheet") first along with talking with QA and our server engineers to see what's going on. As that was happening, I was logging in to confirm it in person. As for why this wasn't seen by me personally until now, I've been leveling a warden, playing in battlegrounds with my other characters to help iron out the LFG issues, and in the times I've gone into Cyrodiil I've been in IC. I'm sorry we didn't catch this sooner, and we have a fix ready that our engineers need to verify doesn't cause other issues.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we deserve better
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Can console expect a hotfix?
    PS4 NA DC
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah - glad to see this is being addresses. I knew I was having issues with sustain for the update - but I thought I was gonna need to zerg to take a resouce. Confirm abilities are out of sorts on NPC's heals and negates everywhere and INSANE fire dmg from all sides.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Can you take a look at them chain pulling you through walls and floors.

I've also gotten chain-pulled on the top of the wall an ennemy keep once, from outside its walls.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I log in almost every day Ackwalan.

With all respect. Then how did you not know about this? As others have said, it was noticed the first hour of going live.

And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who /bugged this at least 1-2 weeks ago...
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All workers and mage guards heal, while the workers would also use negates. PS4 EU. My group was surprised and confused to see. :blush:
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • CTSCold
    CTSCold
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly not related but on NA PC Kyne my level 11 was able to solo a resource as only the flag guard I was attacking would attack back. The other three just stood there like potatoes. The other npc's present would attack 'as normal' (read bugged) but flag guards were extra bugged.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then please stop PvE'ing!
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all reports we confirm the in game server data ("my sheet") first along with talking with QA and our server engineers to see what's going on. As that was happening, I was logging in to confirm it in person. As for why this wasn't seen by me personally until now, I've been leveling a warden, playing in battlegrounds with my other characters to help iron out the LFG issues, and in the times I've gone into Cyrodiil I've been in IC. I'm sorry we didn't catch this sooner, and we have a fix ready that our engineers need to verify doesn't cause other issues.

Much respect for coming into this firestorm and explaining and taking heat. Please keep it up. Cyrodiil needs attention and I would love to see some feedback from devs on what the short/long term plan is with it. Right now, the lag, disconnects, and load screens make it difficult, at least on xbox one.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking into this but on the workers in Cyrodiil I'm seeing no changes in their ability lists for the past 6 months. Can you give us some more information such as the resource defense level and production level?

Haha. Now I feel less bad about dying at a level 5 resource 2 days ago. I was so ashamed that I ran away from the tic when my buddies cleaned it up. Haha. I had probably soloed 100 straight resources dating back to last fall without dying.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epic that Brian is updating this post. Give him a chance guys.

Agreed that keep jumping etc is a thing, seen on Xbox, thought the old problem was back so that explains it
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler , thanks for the in-depth response. I know I am among many that are too fast to give you flack, but I appreciate the hard work.

Any news on whether the NPC eclipse will give CC immunity like it did before? It's awful for a magicka build using destro/resto to deal with NPCs now because you're basically permanently eclipsed and eating your own projectiles.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Humphie wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I didn't think it was much harder, alot of guildies talking about it but still soloable. I think leave it, its a better challenge. Saying it breaks the strategy is wrong, it just breaks your strategy so you have to change is all. Hard is good

Try solo a level 5 ressource as a magicka build... :s

Soul tether/eye of potato on flag. Ez
    EU | PC
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

<joking>
    I'm really hoping the fix is "Removed all NPCs from Cyrodil". Just so I can watch the meltdown this weekend. ;)
    </joking>
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    I didn't think it was much harder, alot of guildies talking about it but still soloable. I think leave it, its a better challenge. Saying it breaks the strategy is wrong, it just breaks your strategy so you have to change is all. Hard is good

Try solo a level 5 ressource as a magicka build... :s

Soul tether/eye of potato on flag. Ez

Do it on former Azuras and we discuss it? >:)
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess you earn enough money then to not even care about the state of Cyrodiil.

How is it even possible to mess stuff like this up where even basic worker npcs can heal, negate, etc. Wtf? And why, after 3 years, does it still take weeks if not months to fix broken crap in Cyrodiil...?
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭

I guess you earn enough money then to not even care about the state of Cyrodiil.

How is it even possible to mess stuff like this up where even basic worker npcs can heal, negate, etc. Wtf? And why, after 3 years, does it still take weeks if not months to fix broken crap in Cyrodiil...?

In Brian's defense, I would blame the QA department first rather than the lead PvP developer. I assume his primary task is to design, and the actual implementation is done by someone else (correct me if I'm wrong).

Bug reports are not being properly investigated/prioritized by QA. That's an issue IMHO.
    Edited by RMerlin on June 9, 2017 7:44PM
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In Brian's defense, I would blame the QA department first rather than the lead PvP developer. I assume his primary task is to design, and the actual implementation is done by someone else (correct me if I'm wrong).

Bug reports are not being properly investigated/prioritized by QA. That's an issue IMHO.

While I'd like to believe it's all QA, Cyrodiil has been broke for well over a year on xbox. At some point, devs need to explain why it hasn't been fixed yet. This is the game they've designed. You'd think they'd have some "skin in the game" too.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm looking into this but on the workers in Cyrodiil I'm seeing no changes in their ability lists for the past 6 months. Can you give us some more information such as the resource defense level and production level?

I have observed Quartermasters and regular workers casting a lot of magic abilities that they never used before. They are using Negate, Crystal Fragments, Eclipse. Previously they would only throw dagger at me.

This seems to happen more at certain resources. I will try to make a note of which ones.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on June 9, 2017 8:04PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's my point, it should be hard. Should we be able to solo it? Change / shake up is good. A new horizon of pvp warfare could be cool.

I'm Mag and soloed a few this morning, took some clever approach angles and some work tho but doable, or maybe Xbox isn't so bad

And yes, a ressource should be possible to solo. Even on no CP campaign

Then what is the point of there being defenders if they can be soloed even when players are nerfed?

Edited by Joy_Division on June 9, 2017 8:55PM
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...one worker resources - class: DK with Negate and Eclipse (templar)... ONE... at Alessia Mine
    Edited by Juli'St on June 9, 2017 9:37PM
  • KILLING4ALIVING
    KILLING4ALIVING
    ✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    we deserve better

I love this response from @ZOS_BrianWheeler, he admitted he didn't know about the issue, immediately checked it out, confirmed it wasn't working as intended, and started working on fixing it. I think he handled this problem exactly the way we deserve for it to be handled. He even explained why it had gone on unnoticed, because of issues with the new content, BGs LFG. Personally I hope they handle all bugs/broken gameplay issues like this. If you are talking about stuff like nerfing CP and regen skills to nothing, making BGs non-CP, and making two non-CP PVP campaigns and only one CP PVP when like 80% of the pop prefers CP, and charging 4000 crowns for mounts. Then I absolutely agree, we deserve better.

Honestly I thought this was an intention change, just another one of ZoS's recent bad pvp decisions.
    I use to be a PVP'er like you but then I took a lag spike to the knee.
  • olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean... we're really worrying about the resource guards being too hard? Really?

Whatever happened with the door-maker's strike?

This is simply making the game far too easy. It should take around 3 people to take a resource, but as it is I'm still sending out group members solo and encountering few problems. Just don't jump into a box of pain like a suicidal Cliff Racer and you'll be fine.

We need a new server easier than Blackwater/Sotha Sil for those who want to play the game on Settler level. Might I suggest: Care+Bears+Welcome+to+Care-A-Lot+Logo.jpg
    PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo play = hard mode. Zerging = easy mode. Guards being too strong promotes the latter ...

If people are looking for a PvE challenge, they can go somewhere else.
    Edited by Rianai on June 10, 2017 12:22AM
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NPCs have the same mechanics they did at launch, if you're new to ESO, get used to oversights and bugs being around since literally forever cuz they ain't gonna get fixed.