Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alot of 1vXers suck at BG's

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Best tip would be to play sorc tbh, all other tips are moot.
    It's working out really well for me :D Dumped dk in the trash, 100% win rate today !

How much better is it? Stam or mag?

Do your self the favor and either go magSorc or StamProcBlade or your other option is to use any of the other Stamina based classes.

Stamina just much much easier to perform in small scale compared to Magicka.

Magicka is mostly better in Zerg v Zerg with BGs are completely not.

Also another tip. If you going in their for wins. Forget about it UNLESS you go in their with a premade. Most PUGs will out right refuse to focus target, or just keep switching targets. So as the premades focus each of you down, you just tickle them. Not to mention they are setup to support each other. You are in a PUG throw bag group.

Premade or lose.

Proc sets and poisons are completely brokenly overpowered as all hell. If you are not a magSorc and you are not using them. You are basically giving the other teams a free win. Oh yeah and also stock up on Tri Pots and Immovability potions because those are completely mandatory if you have any intentions on winning some matches.

I honestly would like to see ZOS make proc sets follow Battle Spirit rules like our player abilities. However the loud stamina proc set user court just have a much higher voice. So if you can't beat them them join-em.

All and all Battle Grounds are pretty disappointing as of now. Then is no balance anywhere from the foundations of the mode, to the classes and gear options themselve, and then to the consumables. If I was a player who relied on PvP from ESO, to get my competitive PvP fixes. I'd be considering to quit that game. However lucky for me this is not the case. I have other PvP outs and ESO have nice end game PvE and chill relaxing solo overworld content and story to do. So here I stay.
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on June 3, 2017 3:14AM
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premade or lose is currently the meta of BGS because of the lack of ladder or premade que.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    U
    Takllin wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Nafirian wrote: »
    7sN1aUP.png

You w0t m7+1

Yes ! Finally someone show how broken in BG stam Nb is. That class overperforming AF in BG enviroment. Fear , cloak , incap , shadow image , huge burst and great sustain all of that in 1 build.

Proc sets are overperforming. Stamblade just uses them the best.

Also, the roll dodge buff affected them the most. Try catching a stamblade in a proper build with near 100% snare immunity.

Stam warden uses proc sets to much greater effect, it's just not as solo friendly as stamblade
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is worth pointing out that 1vX'ers usually play in CP enabled campaigns where you can make obscenely broken builds with no discernible weakness. When you go from playing a build with 0 weaknesses to a build that has inherent weaknesses you have to allow time to adjust your playstyle. Pre-morrowind CP Pvp builds are so incredibly strong that you can kill virtually a limitless amount of potatoes when you're able to choose how you engage. This is no longer the case, especially in no CP
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    It is worth pointing out that 1vX'ers usually play in CP enabled campaigns where you can make obscenely broken builds with no discernible weakness. When you go from playing a build with 0 weaknesses to a build that has inherent weaknesses you have to allow time to adjust your playstyle. Pre-morrowind CP Pvp builds are so incredibly strong that you can kill virtually a limitless amount of potatoes when you're able to choose how you engage. This is no longer the case, especially in no CP

Would you point out to me the exact difference between CP and nonCP pvp nowadays - because for me i play the exact same build for both (as sustain is the same for both).
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    Nafirian wrote: »
    7sN1aUP.png

You w0t m7+1

Yes ! Finally someone show how broken in BG stam Nb is. That class overperforming AF in BG enviroment. Fear , cloak , incap , shadow image , huge burst and great sustain all of that in 1 build.

Proc sets are overperforming. Stamblade just uses them the best.

Also, the roll dodge buff affected them the most. Try catching a stamblade in a proper build with near 100% snare immunity.

You dont need any proc sets on Nb in BG. Class is dominant itself. Cheap ulti that can be used over and over , deals burst dmg applying major defle and increasing caster dmg by 20% for 6 sec ? That's overkill in small scale scenario which BG's are which totally replaces proc sets especially if You add the fact that nb also have the best class spammable ability which is supprise attack. Next ability is cloak which looks to be finally fixed to the point we can say it works as intended so allows Nb to just get out of fight restore health or stamina and return or teleport to shade and run away when his ass is burned or when You'll use any source of detection. On top of that we have fear that is the strongest CC in the game that makes other CC's look like a joke especially in no CP enviroment where You cant allow Yourself to spamm CC over and over until target finally not dodge or block it because that drains You out of resource not mentioning it AoE that doesnt even require to pointing it to enemie. Yes You can wear proc sets but lets makes things clear stam nb dont need them to dominate fights in BG. Stam nb is OP AF in BG.

I strongly have to disagree. Playing with proc sets or without are different worlds. Stamblade (from my experience) isn't op by any means, especially not in no CP. Procblade however is OP as hell, I literally die to one Incap, Viper and Selene which is just stupid because there is barely any counterplay possible and you literally need to align no burst at all to kill stuff.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's working out really well for me :D Dumped dk in the trash, 100% win rate today !

I honestly would like to see ZOS make proc sets follow Battle Spirit rules like our player abilities. However the loud stamina proc set user court just have a much higher voice. So if you can't beat them them join-em.

Proc sets are subject to Battle Spirit.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You mean you can't 1vX good players? I thought that was well known since this game came out
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many people that were yelling from the tops of trees that can't wait for the BG's are playing them ? And you know if your not shame shame why waste the developer time on something and not use it, after some people cried the blues to get it because you were sick and tired of the zergs.

I have no doubt some of the proclaimed 1vx'er types are not very good in GB's because they are not fighting their fight style it is a bit out of the comfort zone. I have not stepped back into pvp for a while now reading the threads of people self rezing still unkillables still running around seems like Cheat Engine and exploiting is still alive and well and as usual zos turning the blind eye and not doing anything about.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many people that were yelling from the tops of trees that can't wait for the BG's are playing them ? And you know if your not shame shame why waste the developer time on something and not use it, after some people cried the blues to get it because you were sick and tired of the zergs.

I have no doubt some of the proclaimed 1vx'er types are not very good in GB's because they are not fighting their fight style it is a bit out of the comfort zone. I have not stepped back into pvp for a while now reading the threads of people self rezing still unkillables still running around seems like Cheat Engine and exploiting is still alive and well and as usual zos turning the blind eye and not doing anything about.

People aren't playing BGs because of a myriad of issues. The queue system is trash, no MMR, pre-made vs pugs, poor itemization creating trash balance, etc.

We wanted a functional, competitive, small scale, Pvp environment. BGs in their current state are barely functional and certainly not competitive. You say we wasted their time, but no, they wasted out with this *** system full of issues that players warned them about for months
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Unless they see some real changes, BGs, like IC, will end up being for PVE'ers for all the reasons @Lexxypwns so succinctly itemized, plus the fact that two of the game modes penalize actually engaging in PVP.
    NBrookus wrote: »

Unless they see some real changesm BGs, like IC, will end up being for PVE'ers for all the reasons @Lexxypwns so succinctly itemized, plus the fact that two if the game modes penalize actually engaging in PVP.

Edited by NBrookus on June 4, 2017 11:44PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not all.
    <Noricum>

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BGs separates the good from the bad. It is a shame though that BGs is nothing more than a whoever plays more leaderboard grind though.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asgari wrote: »
    BGs separates the good from the bad. It is a shame though that BGs is nothing more than a whoever plays more leaderboard grind though.

As long as grpqueue is still effectively unusable we can´t really tell anyways.
    <Noricum>

• Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Every1 cry about premade va pug atm that is like 1 in 10 games when i join solo. This might be because groups have a hard time to join.

But also when i was grouped We played vs other groups. I do not take in account the size of groups. Often the 2 of us had to play groups of 3-4 players.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to this guy here. Running in a premade group. Automatically makes you a good player. And those that don't run premades are bad players who suck at the game. Confirmed! Now have fun stomping unorganized randoms till you and your group is the only ones left with your thumbs up your arses waiting for some one to play against.

That is why BGs will end up like duels and IC. No to mention like everyone else, the completely unbalanced itemization.
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    i am glad that most 1vx gods are staying away from battlegrounds. their OP'ness was getting on my nerves.
    its so much more chill to mutagen spam and zerg surf in battlegrounds without them.
    Araviel -Professional Zerg surfing mutagen spammer [DC-EU]
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to this guy here. Running in a premade group. Automatically makes you a good player. And those that don't run premades are bad players who suck at the game. Confirmed! Now have fun stomping unorganized randoms till you and your group is the only ones left with your thumbs up your arses waiting for some one to play against.

That is why BGs will end up like duels and IC. No to mention like everyone else, the completely unbalanced itemization.

There's a lot of good BG matches that happen during primetime though.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Unless they see some real changesm BGs, like IC, will end up being for PVE'ers for all the reasons @Lexxypwns so succinctly itemized, plus the fact that two if the game modes penalize actually engaging in PVP.

Capture times need to be longer, to force Pvp in those modes. That's an easy fix at least.

The sad thing is, all the issues I outlined were parroted by myself and others on closed beta forums AND prior to that in the open forums when no proper matchmaking existed.

There should also be 2 variants of BGs, ranked and unranked. This way solo/duo queuing isn't so bad in ranked, since casuals will have a place to go for quick BGs and hardcore players will have a place to compete
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 4, 2017 10:16PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave the same feedback @Lexxypwns. If they listened to any feedback, it wasn't ours.

If battlegrounds is supposed to be a gateway drug to PVP for PVE'ers, it's going to fail when inexperienced pugs encounter organized groups and get frustrated. If it's supposed to be small scale PVP, it fails in the design of the games.

• Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS hate mag class, dont ask me why... :s
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juli'St wrote: »
    ZOS hate mag class, dont ask me why... :s

It is really starting to feel that way isn't it.

The Magicka Player " Hey ZOS stamina Proc sets and poison mixed with their burst and mobility is wrecking us. Please help ZOS Proc Sets too strong in Non CP."

ZOS "While if you feel that way. You can alway buy the race change and switch you race to Redguard or Wood Elf and grind viper veli, and widowmaker. Then you can be just as broken as them."

The Magicka Player "F this PvP BS I'm going back to play LoL, Overwatch, and Smite. This game's PvP is complete garbage."

ZOS "PvP in this game is only a side attraction we use to lure unsuspecting would be PvPers."

The New PvP after one or two weeks in BGs "Screw this crap, I'm out!"

ZOS "Oh well we made a sale that normally wouldn't had happen. So win for us high fives and huges all around guys. We are awesome guys."
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on June 5, 2017 1:32AM
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could always tell which "1vXers" were actually good and which were carried by gear or CP. No one has surprised me yet except for a few randoms whom I'd never seen before. It's always fun seeing new faces absolutely rocking it in PvP.

BraidasNM wrote: »
    tfw u have 2 mil dmg but some sorc spamming endless fury and <1mil has more kbs

You were pretty savage (but we didn't have a sorc)! Haha

I am just waiting for @NightbladeMechanics to do some vids on bgs.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    well im not trying to be provoke anyone im just telling the truth. Truth be told for BG's to stay alive we need more competent players cause as it stands right now, at late prime time and late night, DC Streamers Run BG's atm.if this continues they are gonna kill the bgs because there is no ladder system. id like to see that change. anyways if your interested in 2's 3's and 4's whisper PuG Shell Shock. Priority seating for Pugs.

P.S. there was a BG i missed where @jules and @dutchessx wreckted a BG 2v4v4.@jules if you have that footage please post it, i will forever be in your debt, @jules.

I remember that. Was a good game. Didn't shadowplay though, didn't seem good enough to post imo. Are you dutchess?
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Not all.

Oh do tell, which ones are bypassing Battle Spirit? :D

Is it Galerion's Revenge? That poor set could bypass Battle Spirit and still be utter garbage. :(
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1vXers suck coz Morrowind nerfs + no CP, obviously.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Makato
    Makato
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of 1vXers normally don't play against organized players who know what to do in group play :p makes em die faster
    PC/EU
    All factions all classes
    Autocorrect does not care bout what i write so i don't care bout my spelling
    LIZZURD IS LOVE LIZZURD IS LIFE !
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Not all.

Oh do tell, which ones are bypassing Battle Spirit? :D

Is it Galerion's Revenge? That poor set could bypass Battle Spirit and still be utter garbage. :(

Shieldbreaker, Knightslayer, Torugs (oblivion glyph) - even though torugs (or infused for that matter) seem to reduce the cooldown but only increase dmg.

Viper, Selene, Shieldbreaker would be my go to NB setup.
    Edited by Derra on June 5, 2017 9:51AM
    <Noricum>

• heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    1vX against noobs is very DIFFERENT against
    1vX against competent duelist players.

U can't make a youtube video if it show u dead whenever u fight against only 2 competent duelist players.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1vX against noobs is very DIFFERENT against
    1vX against competent duelist players.

U can't make a youtube video if it show u dead whenever u fight against only 2 competent duelist players.

I haven´t found competent duelists to be the best group or open world smallscale players so far.
    <Noricum>