The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Poll] In PvP, Are proc sets overperforming again in light of the new balance changes?

ssewallb14_ESO
ssewallb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on May 20, 2017 9:32PM

[Poll] In PvP, Are proc sets overperforming again in light of the new balance changes? 103 votes

Yes, they are overperforming after the new balance changes.
26%
Sythen88411arkansas_ESOChardeeMacDKilandrosgrim_tacticsssewallb14_ESOWitarAllu07neb18_ESOsollSheeyRagnaroek93DisgracefulMindSneaky-SnurrStrider_RoshinTorbschkaleepalmer95ZedrianAriades_sweBohnTGrumble_and_Grunt 27 votes
Yes, and they've always been too strong.
40%
GilvothMisterBigglesworthTaonnorBelethornkwisatzkojouDerpyShadowzGhost-ShotDedricusDocmandusly007AhzekHymzirToRelaxEirellaShadow-FighterGT_SchorschGreenSoup2HoTku5hNBrookus 42 votes
No, they're fine.
28%
MojmirmoutonIruil_ESOSarousseNebthet78DurhamSkoomahFrenkthevileakray21LorDrekArcirisDDukeDark_StarXvorgDamianosSpecial_Bradleywildbear247crusnik91FleetwoodSmackReact 29 votes
Something else
4%
F7sus4DraqoneVapirkoOlupajmibananSmmokkee 5 votes
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they're fine.
    I'm sure it's a pvp issue,pve they're fine
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need an option for:
    - Zos is lazy and wants non skilled gamers to artificially be boosted.

OR

- Magika has dots, cleanse, insta heal and shields. Stam gets proctatoes
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP issue.

Thanks to the sustain changes, players build for sustain and they'll rely on proc sets to do damage. Remember how bad it was last time? Just because they don't crit anymore doesn't mean they're not complete BS. Making them nott crit was never the correct solution but oh well, it's Zos after all.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Need an option for:

OR

A bit blatant but you've got a point
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Need an option for:

OR

A bit blatant but you've got a point

What's wrong with being blatant? He's right.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best solution is to have thier damage scale with resources just like all other skills in the game same way ultimates work. For pve that is fine because dps has maxed thier stats anyway. Only a nerf to tanks really.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage definitely needs to be toned down since now you don't have hardy and ele defender to reduce their damage in PVP. For PVE this would just be offsetting the buff proc sets just got with Master at Arms.

(I still think proc sets in general should probably go away though)
    Edited by arkansas_ESO on May 21, 2017 7:54AM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they're fine.
    I found all the people that don't want to play PvE...
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    I found all the people that don't want to play PvE...
    I play PVE I have completed every Trial in the game and there Hard mode even compete for top scores.That doesn't make proc sets ok or balanced at all.DPS only use 1 proc set as is which is a monster set.If ZOS turned them into DOTS it would boost their use in PVE.For the health of the game they need to completely remove them from pvp or make them cost resources with reduce base tooltip damage.Proc sets aren't balanced in pve or pvp.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not looking forward to fight against Troll King, Selene, Velidreth and Skoria. I wish ZOS would just nerf all these 2p sets to death or rework them to something like Kena, so that every set has a downside and doesn't give a use and forget bonus.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Br1ckst0n
    Br1ckst0n
    ✭✭✭
    For PvP they are too strong, especially when stacked with others. Thats just because PvP is so burst oriented and thats where they excel.

In PvE damage proc sets arent used too much with the exception of monster sets. These are use because you can get so much power out of just 2 pieces which comes in handy in combination with a strong 3 (+1) piece. In morrowind we will see some more diversity because minor slayer will be reduced in effectiveness (from about 4.7% bonus to around 3.3%).

There is another overlooked problem with proc sets: Some are strong, most are garbage.
    Offtank of the year 2016
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Because we shouldn't care about PvP right?
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The issue is that this game has become more focused on resource management, and proc sets are free damage.

Also proc sets have always been too powerful in Azura's star since there's no CP mitigation against it, and now all BGs are going to be non-CP. Not sure how to go about balancing it though.
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said this and I'll say this again.

ZoS, please I'm begging you. Just please remove proc dmg sets out of the game. Or at least, disable them in PvP.
    They only promote non-skilled play. If you're looking to 'raise the floor' through proc sets, then you're doing it awfully wrong. I have lost for words, there are countless replies and threads I've participated in to remove and/or nerf proc dmg sets.
    The basic idea behind proc dmg sets is already atrocious and mind-numbingly stupid. I advocate for skilled and tactical play instead of button mashing and reliance on 'free' damage procs.

Yet, there you go. ZoS released yet another proc set and at this point, I think they're just trolling us players and flashing their fugly backsides on our screen.

PS: I wanted to choose option 2 as I feel that's the exact thing happening all this while. Raging and impulsiveness are what led me to choose option 1.
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on May 22, 2017 12:49PM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • knighting68
    knighting68
    ✭✭
    No, they're fine.
    Is ZOS going to start offering safe-spaces for players with hurt feelings?

There are pros and cons to every single thing in this game, but it's always been about balance. This means you can't have your character spec'ed to get everything you want and max out all stats. If you choose to run X set instead of Y set, then you don't get the benefit of Y and gain the benefit of X. Hell, even when you choose to mount up for faster speed, this means that you are more vulnerable to attacks (for example). Yet, people complain when they get attacked while mounted, that it's unfair somehow.

So what we have here are a bunch of people who are too stubborn to change their templates or add resists, even after proc-sets and ganking have been nerfed, because it hurts their feelings when they still get killed in PvP. You don't get to tell others how they should play, because if everyone were exactly the same, as you guys want in your ideal world, this would be an extremely boring game.

Don't just learn to play, learn to spec/template for what you want in your style of offense and defense.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In pvp yeah they seem too strong, skoria is hitting for 5k~ thats like 25% of most peoples hp.

Could just add to battle spirit (armor sets that proc damage effects have their damage reduced by 25%)

Viper/veli or viper/tremor has made a big comeback.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    In pvp yeah they seem too strong, skoria is hitting for 5k~ thats like 25% of most peoples hp.

Could just add to battle spirit (armor sets that proc damage effects have their damage reduced by 25%)

Viper/veli or viper/tremor has made a big comeback.

Or a monster set that heals you for 30k when you are hit by a proc set. No cool down.
    Edited by sly007 on May 25, 2017 4:53AM
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else
    Chaos/randomness is usually the classical "balancing" factor for covering player mistakes or lack of skill and this is probably the idea behind monster sets.

In this specific case, however, it easily becomes a deadly utility in proper hands without any effort and resource cost.

Edited by F7sus4 on May 25, 2017 6:38AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else
    I die much less often to monster sets than to zergs and the freakin insane amount of bomblades right now. And sets like bloodspawn are in no way op, it's a very useful set that's applicable to some builds. I think they should do away with 5pc proc sets like viper, and keep monster sets but readjust a few.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Grumble grumble*, procc sets make medium even worse than it is already *grumble*
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they're fine.

Because we shouldn't care about PvP right?

thats not what i meant.

im sure they are overperforming in PVP, in pve they are fine
    but we all know how it will get "balanced"
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every cheese is fine in PvE
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can (and do) people sustain while stacking procsets now?

I don't know any damage procsets (off the top of my head) that are also sustain sets - so Isn't there more of a trade-off? Proc set OR sustain set?

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they're fine.
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Can (and do) people sustain while stacking procsets now?

I don't know any damage procsets (off the top of my head) that are also sustain sets - so Isn't there more of a trade-off? Proc set OR sustain set?
    Why I use procsets

black-guy-pointing-at-head-meme-you-dont-need-sustain-if-theres-no-player-to-sustain-against.jpg
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    When you nerf light/medium armor sustain yet still allow heavy to be viable for some specs, peoeple will resort to using proc sets to make up for their loss in damage from building for sustain. Expected this would happen as soon as I saw the unnecessary (imo) nerf to cost reduction for armor passives.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg