The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

CP vs No CP - The Problem

akray21
akray21
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm currently sitting at 275 CP. Yes, that's low, but after the first year I left and have recently come back. When it comes to PvP I have four options...

1. I can play standard CP.
2. I can grind CP so I can compete in the CP campaign.
3. I can play no CP.
4. I can simply not PvP (or just quit the game all together).

Let's briefly review the 4 options.

Option 1... No one likes being severely handicapped and getting beaten down because someone else has played more than you, not necessarily because they are any better. This can not be solved with L2P, different builds, etc. Option 1 is not appealing.

Option 2... I hate the idea of spending tens/hundreds of hours doing something in a game that you don't want to do just so you can end up doing something that you want to. So, option 2 is not appealing.

Option 3... I enjoy the levels of sustain with SOME CP. When entering the no CP campaign the game feels too slow and sluggish as the levels of sustain are not fun for what the combat should be in a fast paced MMO. It is apparent that ZOS has balanced around CP, so the no CP campaign just feels incredibly off. This will only get worse in the Morrowind patch.

Option 4... Honestly I'm leaning towards this option at the moment. I'm tired of playing against people with over double my CP and with far higher levels of sustain, damage, healing, mitigation, etc.. These people with a clear and distinct advantage kill me and emote/teabag my body and think they are good... Nope, they have just played longer than me and have been "rewarded" with much higher power levels. Just because you have spent more time doing something in life, doesn't mean you are better than someone who has spent less time doing the same thing.

I have my flame shield up for those that will post L2P, bye, suck it up and play the no fun no CP, or other stupid responses... But I'm sure your higher CP will ignore my shield :)
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sit tight bud. they are addressing this next patch. CP is going to be more "frontloaded" so its going to narrow the gap between high cp and low cp players

which begs the question: what exactly is the reward of higher cp? doesnt that make CP kinda. .. pointless?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Sit tight bud. they are addressing this next patch. CP is going to be more "frontloaded" so its going to narrow the gap between high cp and low cp players

which begs the question: what exactly is the reward of higher cp? doesnt that make CP kinda. .. pointless?

A wider variety of effective CP stars you can put your points in like additional critresist, additional reduced break free cost, additional offstat reg. CP overhaul is marvelous on PTS.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »

A wider variety of effective CP stars you can put your points in like additional critresist, additional reduced break free cost, additional offstat reg. CP overhaul is marvelous on PTS.

The CP overhaul is actually so good that i have no idea why they want to stick to no CP.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The CP overhaul next Patch will def help that. You will have nearly Cap stats with 300 cps. Of course ppl will have an advantage with more cps but it wont be so hard anymore
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the CP is front loaded that is better. But people with more CP will still have a distinct advantage because they will be able to put 50 points into a total of 12 stars, while I will only have 50 points in 6 stars. IMO they need to build more sustain into the no CP campaign for Morrowind.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    If the CP is front loaded that is better. But people with more CP will still have a distinct advantage because they will be able to put 50 points into a total of 12 stars, while I will only have 50 points in 6 stars. IMO they need to build more sustain into the no CP campaign for Morrowind.

I don't want to derail..... but you said something similar in OP.

Sustain in no-CP is fine. All my toons main stat (apart from MagDK) sit at 1.7-1.9k and that grants me "infinite sustain" with careful use of expensive skills and some heavy weaving. 60% resource cost poisons are the only thing wrong with no-CP sustain in my experience.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Berenhir wrote: »

The CP overhaul is actually so good that i have no idea why they want to stick to no CP.

Maybe they don't have full confidence in them yet? Besides no cp caters to absolutely everyone, some guy who just hit cp3 and some guy at cp 600, also a level 10 who bought ESO just for Morrowind and wanted to experience BG. There will be a CP BG if live goes well with it.
    The Flyers
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    akray21 wrote: »

I don't want to derail..... but you said something similar in OP.

Sustain in no-CP is fine. All my toons main stat (apart from MagDK) sit at 1.7-1.9k and that grants me "infinite sustain" with careful use of expensive skills and some heavy weaving. 60% resource cost poisons are the only thing wrong with no-CP sustain in my experience.

Sustain in no CP would almost be OK without poisons, but everyone runs them so sustain isn't optimal. With the changes to armor passive this next patch, sustain won't be high enough in no CP for a fun experience IMO.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sustain in no cp is fine if you run a good build. Currently 60% resource cost poisons are an issue, but will be less so next patch at 30%. A few skills are getting nerfed though, so sustain depends alot on your class.
  • Poliwrath
    Poliwrath
    ✭✭✭
    People talk about sustain like they should be able to spam abilities/make tons of mistakes and never run out if they build properly. You can feel your mistakes better when 2 or 3 of them get you killed.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP is the gold standard in the current patch; only people who just spam buttons lose the "fast paced" element when they run out of resources.

CP is a joke.
  • AnnieBeGood
    AnnieBeGood
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have way over the max limit of cp. I play in Azura, a no cp campaign and it is a lot of fun... ok you have to manage your resources more but that's fine.

You dress for the part I guess. And slow it is not, with one eye on your resources and the other on your target. I lose something like 7k of magic pool in Cyro, my regen cripples along at 1700 and I have a ball :D ....Purge is my friend.

But you really really pay for your errors.

Gulrosa V160 Templar -healer and master crafter
    Annie Spaceshifter V160 magica NB - just a thieving assassin, now retired
    Katerina - 'Daedric Annie' - V160 Stamina DK - now bank alt, wardrobe mistress
    Anni Bee - Vet 160Templar - pvp magica templar - Daedric Lord Slayer
    Lily Malone - stam sorc - pve goddess
    Rey of Jakku Plain - Vet 160 - magica templar dd
    Savanna - magica warden, still learning to play
    and several babies...... learning to ride
    EU server, pc and All for the Pact
    Alith, the best guild in the EU
  • MagnusRex
    MagnusRex
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who had the same problem, (came back with the 180 cp(?) from being V16 when leaving) I'd advise you to just do it. I started on no CP, but when i actually started trying cp I prefered that very much over no cp. And even with 300 cp i beat almost everyone 1v1 when playing open world. Yes you are slightly handicapped, but there is also a large skill factor in it. Just don't let it bother you too much. Find a small group to play with (don't zerg surf, because you will gain zero skill) and just keep doing untill it gets enjoyable. (and make sure you have a proper build)

(just grind whenever you're enlightenment fills up, after for example a weekend away, for the rest just enjoy playing)
    (currently 460 cp and playing cp campaign)
    Edited by MagnusRex on April 30, 2017 4:52PM
    Magnus Rex Magicka Dragonknight DC EU
    Magnus Rekt U Magicka Dragonknight EP EU

KiteSquad | Fero Caedis
  • Rikkof
    Rikkof
    ✭✭✭
    Frankly, if high cp bonuses are not getting NERFED into teh ground, i plan on quitting
    There should be close to zero advantage between a 160 cp and a 600 cp, PERIOD
    This makes it so low cp players are throwned upon always

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main issue with no CP PvP is how strong guards are. They're ridiculous. If you take a keep with 6 people, only 3 have to defend because the guards are tanky as hell and the constant CCs just rinse your Stam.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys have your no CP why are you so vocal on the people who want to play the the CP campaign ... If you think they will balance around no CP once CP is gone ... ummm lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol !
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would I want to be as powerful as someone who just started when I am max CP? CP160 vs CP600, CP600 should be more powerful in stats. It is like asking them to make lvl 1 be able to beat max level in other games.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel