Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A New Race? Hmm...

• KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    postlarval wrote: »
    Furries need lore too.

Furries need therapy.

@postlarval Are you offering it for free? :^)

I find a new race highly improbable, given their lack of lore presence in sp titles (which take place in the future). There is a known fox race in blackmarsh.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zarkeson wrote: »
    Knahaten flu killed almost every non argonians in Black Marsh, including Lilmothiits the humanoid foxes. They lived in southern part of Black Marsh. Maybe this is the race you looking for? But I still think that ESO already have too many not lore friendly things and last thing I want is tons of people playing as dead race... Just don't give ZOS silly ideas. :/

Not hard to bring them from the grave my friend, for many a times a people are considered dead, but often times the world finds a remnant unbroken and thriving. Because the Lilmothiits are "scattered" it would make sense for them to find life in war or adventure, in hopes of earning a name for their kind.
    I would be on-board with them bringing back the Lilmothiits as a playable race. It's not hard to believe that some of them survived and that they aren't completely extinct. Although, I never play the beast races, though, so I don't really care, personally. I only play humans and elves. (Mostly humans.)
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Not hard to bring them from the grave my friend, for many a times a people are considered dead, but often times the world finds a remnant unbroken and thriving. Because the Lilmothiits are "scattered" it would make sense for them to find life in war or adventure, in hopes of earning a name for their kind.

If there will be tons of people playing this race, then how will you explain why this race don't appear in other TES games?

Oh that's easy. We the customers must passionately push/demand for the race. Consistency and prolonged demanding. And I mean REAL pushes. Happens easily in business today(Earth).
    Because they(TESO) know people love something so much, it will be made.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there would be tons of people playing this race, then how will you explain why this race don't appear in other TES games?
    Because ESO is a prequel. Maybe the last of the Fox People were around during this time period, but in another 700 years, they're all extinct by then.
    LOL. This is all make-believe. Who cares if it's not the exact lore you've grown up with. Bethesda makes the lore. If they say it's so, then it's so.

Edited by SydneyGrey on April 30, 2017 10:30PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So to start, ALOT of people love wolves. I know people(including I) would love this... a wolf race! ZOS must add this! This would rival the khajiit race(cat/dog). Sure ZOS may say "there are werewolves", but hell it's limited and they look messed up. We need handsome anthropomorphic wolves! Not a hard thing to do! Customers like us must make the push!

There are no intelligent Canine beast races in the Lore. Well, actually there technically are, the Lilmothiit, but they're Fox people and supposedly extinct because of the Knahaten Flu.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    http://pre13.deviantart.net/766b/th/pre/i/2015/340/8/2/wolf_swordsman_by_koutanagamori-d9j8e2q.jpg
    Just another reference picture. Cool stuff. Epic. Viking.

By Koutanagamori Deviant Art NOT me.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • SoupDragon
    SoupDragon
    ✭✭✭
    I'm... Not sure if you're serious or not...
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh that's easy. We the customers must passionately push/demand for the race. Consistency and prolonged demanding. And I mean REAL pushes. Happens easily in business today(Earth).
    Because they(TESO) know people love something so much, it will be made.

It won't happen, because ZOS know that big number of customers are lore fans and ignoring them should cause resignation of Lawrence Schick, because his job is making ESO more lore friendly and canon. Damn casuals.
    Edited by Shardan4968 on April 30, 2017 10:34PM
    PC/EU
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Bretons represent western Europe during the middle ages and early renaissance. Reachmen represent Celts and Gaulic peoples. Nords the Norse peoples of northern Europe. Imperials the Mediterranian peoples under the influence of Rome. Redguards the Moors and other North African peoples. The Argonians the strange and mystical South American peoples. The bulk of the Mer representing the peoples of the far east.
    They don't represent those people. They just borrowed from the art/architecture/clothing of those groups to make the Elder Scrolls races. Subtle difference, but it's there all the same. Case in point: it might be insulting to South Americans for you to say that the lizard people "represent" them. No. Oh gosh no. However, Bethesda borrowed some elements of South American architecture and art to use for the Argonians.
    Yes, Redguard has an Arab influence seen in Daggerfall.
    I do not know any Argonain or Khaiit setting, they gave them an Mayan and south Asian architecture who works well in ESO.
    Only race setting I'm unhappy about is the Altmer.

As for new races: Omes'rath or the catgirl like Khajiit in Daggerfall would be easy and made sense for an Elsweyr expansion.
    Not an race just another Khajiit type but would be treated as race in game mechanic.
    Maormer is another race, and yes its an actual race, Reachmen are Breton and not an real race but again game mechanics.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The longer this thread goes on the harder it is for me to determine whether the op is delusional or just trolling.
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see a new race, but I'd like it to be the Maormer (sea elves), personally.

The more the merrier!

Bwwwaaaah I see what you did there

• SoupDragon
    SoupDragon
    ✭✭✭
    The longer this thread goes on the harder it is for me to determine whether the op is delusional or just trolling.

Definitely trolling
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is as far as you'll get for a Canine Beast Race Lore-wise.

lilmothiit_vuultir_concept_by_crmeyer-d5tbco2.jpg

And even then don't ever expect to actually see them.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furries need lore too.

Furries need therapy.

In 20 years there will be furries proudly serving in the military and marching in parades.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

I am not a great artist so I have no pictures...

Im pretty sure you have gigabytes of wolf pictures. Theyre just not appropriate to post here.

aba7c3639d72eed3521f32cc36dc05ce_michael-jordan-nearly-duped-by-kid-with-shoe-shaming-meme-rap-parody-meme_320-240.gif
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Yes, their architecture, art and clothing are influenced by the Arabs and the Moors, and North Africa. They don't REPRESENT those people, though. They are a fantasy race that doesn't exist in real life. That's my point.

Edited by SydneyGrey on April 30, 2017 11:06PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemme make this easy: if it ain't in this list, it shouldn't be in the game
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Goblin-kin like Reikling are next is what you're saying.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Andarne
    Andarne
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, nope, nope, nope nope.

We've managed fine with the 10 races since TES3, and the 8 races since Arena. No need to add more. Play a modded Skyrim if you want antropromorphic wolves.
    Andarne [PC-EU]
    Falvis Beran - Ebonheart Pact Loyalist - Redoran Battlemage
    ALMSIVI, grant Mercy. ALMSIVI, grant Mystery. ALMSIVI, grant Mastery. Blessed are we that serve ALMSIVI.

Twitter | Darny3D | Beta Tester 2014 & 2017
  • Shgon_Dunstan
    Shgon_Dunstan
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I want goblins. I mean... The little guys are basically LotR orcs who somehow got lost in Tamriel.

They are even apparently big enough to wear normal armor, as their is a quest involving someone giving them elvish armor in exchange for their services.

They would be pretty easy to excuse lore wise, but game wise... The biggest road block I guess would be just having to go back and rework dialogue to account for it. It's bad enough that next to no one notices you are a vampire. All the dirty goblin haters asking the great hero you to go and kill all the goblins could get... Uncomfortable.
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I like werewolves, I do not want to see another half human, half animal hybrid monstrosity. No offense to khajiit, I just have never liked cats, and a cat race with breasts is just weird, no matter the lore. Same with argonians (like I'm pretty sure non-mammals don't even have breasts so wtf is going on here...)
    Edited by RT_Frank on May 1, 2017 1:14AM
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfxspice wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure their is a fox race, but i think they all died
    Yep, the Lilmothiit.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Yes, their architecture, art and clothing are influenced by the Arabs and the Moors, and North Africa. They don't REPRESENT those people, though. They are a fantasy race that doesn't exist in real life. That's my point.

Yes and there is no link at all between Breton and British, Imperial's aren't Romans, Nords aren't Slavs because it's all veeeeery original.
  • Akselmo
    Akselmo
    ✭✭✭
    There was Lilmothiit but they died to Knahaten flu. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Lilmothiit

I would rather meet one or two Lilmothiit that survived Knahaten flu, in the same way as (TES3:Morrowind Spoiler)
    You meet Yagrum the last Dwemer in Morrowind
    Would be more cool to talk a species that is long extinct in the other games, but in ESO there could be still a few of them alive. But as a playable race? Let's wait for Akaviri and see what craziness is there, instead of forcing a new playable race out of nowhere.
    Edited by Akselmo on May 1, 2017 1:14AM
    Hun-Tra@Akselmo (EP-EU-PC)
    A fan of TES-series since 2005.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see a new race, however I need to stick with the people defending the lore.

There are great races in the elder scrolls world, like the apes and sea elves (maormer) who are actually already in the game.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furries need lore too.

Furries need therapy.

In 20 years there will be furries proudly serving in the military and marching in parades.

@WalksonGraves This is already the case, unless you mean a military parade and in-costume at the same time. :p
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bretons represent western Europe during the middle ages and early renaissance. Reachmen represent Celts and Gaulic peoples. Nords the Norse peoples of northern Europe. Imperials the Mediterranian peoples under the influence of Rome. Redguards the Moors and other North African peoples. The Argonians the strange and mystical South American peoples. The bulk of the Mer representing the peoples of the far east.
    They don't represent those people. They just borrowed from the art/architecture/clothing of those groups to make the Elder Scrolls races. Subtle difference, but it's there all the same. Case in point: it might be insulting to South Americans for you to say that the lizard people "represent" them. No. Oh gosh no. However, Bethesda borrowed some elements of South American architecture and art to use for the Argonians.

LMAO go home SJW. If someone is upset with the idea that a made up race of creatures represent them (a race that is widely considered to be far more peaceful and admirable than humans in the same setting) they can sit in their moms basement and cry into their mountain dew.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso started in what 2E 580

2E 603 — Last documented case of the Knahaten Flu. in black marsh

They could still be around
  • Jollygoodusername
    Jollygoodusername
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we can get some of those Slitherin muggles, what are they called...Akivirs?