Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A New Race? Hmm...

FoulSnowpaw
FoulSnowpaw
✭✭✭
So to start, ALOT of people love wolves. I know people(including I) would love this... a wolf race! ZOS must add this! This would rival the khajiit race(cat/dog). Sure ZOS may say "there are werewolves", but hell it's limited and they look messed up. We need handsome anthropomorphic wolves! Not a hard thing to do! Customers like us must make the push!

We the people must have this integrated into our TESO gaming experience/adventure. How awesome would it be to be a wolf. Come fellow customers. Support this proposition.

I am not a great artist so I have no pictures... But I do have some fragmented lore if this may come to life. (I do admit this thread is poorly constructed but it's merely intended for a "kickstart".

The Lykaios~ coming soon(hopefully) :hushed:

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never going to happen, elderscrolls lore is decades old.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not lore friendly, so no.
  • Jollygoodusername
    Jollygoodusername
    ✭✭✭
    Furries need lore too.
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Lore

Just going to say there ARE definitely other lands besides Tamriel. The lands afar, one being Akavir, is one of them. It is not hard to integrate newly found folks given the vast mysteries beyond Tamriel.
    I was overall inspired by Jeremy Soule's Far Horizons, that there are lands far beyond our imagination.
    As said, it's greatly fragmented, therefore not exactly a clean storyline. But here we go:
    The wolf folk search for aid off the lands far beyond their own, in hopes of challenging a great darkness that soon shall come unfurled. As warned, but by many perceived as legend, that darkness rivals the Daedric Princes. Thereon thereforth they depart in search for heroes worthy of mettle and of hearts undaunted... foreshadowing their prescence at undaunted enclaves.
    That's all for now... pretty sure you all have some nice minds to piece a story. Yep a story made by many, not one.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say no to furries
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    werewolf_concept_by_dreamingwanderer-d9gfmn0.jpg

Ah a fine depiction.

Picture by Arc Roto Deviant Art NOT me. I take NO credit for the art.
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furries need lore too.

Furries need therapy.

"The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf wolfmen.
  • Jollygoodusername
    Jollygoodusername
    ✭✭✭
    postlarval wrote: »
    Furries need lore too.

Furries need therapy.

Agreed
  • wolfxspice
    wolfxspice
    ✭✭✭
    i'm pretty sure their is a fox race, but i think they all died
    I'm a casual now
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see a new race, but I'd like it to be the Maormer (sea elves), personally.
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Oh but furries are friendly. The term is also greatly misused and improperly attributed; folks who simply love animals simply mean they care for others beyond their own. An expansive creativity. A broad range of possibilities for a commonwealth.
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I'd love to see a new race, but I'd like it to be the Maormer (sea elves), personally.

The more the merrier!
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, we're not getting new races any time soon. Especially ones that don't already exist within the canon, like the Sload or the Tsaesci.
  • DahliaNight
    DahliaNight
    ✭✭✭
    The closest you'll get to a wolf race in any Elder Scrolls game is the Lilmothiit they are like foxes. With that being said I do not agree with "ZOS" making a new race
    Elder Scrolls is a Bethesda game and so is the lore. If Bethesda decided to add in a race in ES6 then I'd be fine with that because they can change and shape the lore to how they see fit they made it. One thing we should have is an effing Unicorn mount I WANT MY EFFING UNICORN and yes it is lore friendly.
    Edited by DahliaNight on April 30, 2017 9:55PM
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zarkeson wrote: »
    Lore

Just going to say there ARE definitely other lands besides Tamriel. The lands afar, one being Akavir, is one of them. It is not hard to integrate newly found folks given the vast mysteries beyond Tamriel.
    I was overall inspired by Jeremy Soule's Far Horizons, that there are lands far beyond our imagination.
    As said, it's greatly fragmented, therefore not exactly a clean storyline. But here we go:
    The wolf folk search for aid off the lands far beyond their own, in hopes of challenging a great darkness that soon shall come unfurled. As warned, but by many perceived as legend, that darkness rivals the Daedric Princes. Thereon thereforth they depart in search for heroes worthy of mettle and of hearts undaunted... foreshadowing their prescence at undaunted enclaves.
    That's all for now... pretty sure you all have some nice minds to piece a story. Yep a story made by many, not one.

Why? There are plenty of actual races on or closer to Tamriel that would have a far easier time being introduced to Elder Scrolls as playable races than some mystical wolf race that would rival if not completely negate the Werewolf World Class.

And what would the Wolf race represent? Because all of the current races have some basis not just in other fantasy settings but in the real world too. Bretons represent western Europe during the middle ages and early renaissance. Reachmen represent Celts and Gaulic peoples. Nords the Norse peoples of northern Europe. Imperials the Mediterranian peoples under the influence of Rome. Redguards the Moors and other North African peoples. The Argonians the strange and mystical South American peoples. The bulk of the Mer representing the peoples of the far east.

They all have some sort of tie to our real world and the strangeness of those cultures for any outsider looking in. But what would Wolf people be bringing to ESO let alone to the Elder Scrolls franchise?
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolf schmolf!
    ;)
    how about.....
    The Monkey People of Tang Mo!

I'd love to see them as a playable race!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knahaten flu killed almost every non argonians in Black Marsh, including Lilmothiits the humanoid foxes. They lived in southern part of Black Marsh. Maybe this is the race you looking for? But I still think that ESO already have too many not lore friendly things and last thing I want is tons of people playing as dead race... Just don't give ZOS silly ideas. :/
    PC/EU
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Lore

Why? There are plenty of actual races on or closer to Tamriel that would have a far easier time being introduced to Elder Scrolls as playable races than some mystical wolf race that would rival if not completely negate the Werewolf World Class.

And what would the Wolf race represent? Because all of the current races have some basis not just in other fantasy settings but in the real world too. Bretons represent western Europe during the middle ages and early renaissance. Reachmen represent Celts and Gaulic peoples. Nords the Norse peoples of northern Europe. Imperials the Mediterranian peoples under the influence of Rome. Redguards the Moors and other North African peoples. The Argonians the strange and mystical South American peoples. The bulk of the Mer representing the peoples of the far east.

They all have some sort of tie to our real world and the strangeness of those cultures for any outsider looking in. But what would Wolf people be bringing to ESO let alone to the Elder Scrolls franchise?
    Just look at the picture I posted. Either vikings or Russian. Somewhat similar to Nords as some may say. But never revelry is their play. Focused, serious, and straightforward are they.
    Closer to Tamriel is relevancy to multiple unknown mysteries, for many of Tamriel is still clouded. Akavir and beyond is yet to unveil itself. Not matter the odds, there will be a time this race will be considered. If not, it'll just go elsewhere beyond ZOS. A lot of people like wolves. You can't hide it people. ;)
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls is a Bethesda game and so is the lore. If Bethesda decided to add in a race in ES6 then I'd be fine with that because they can change and shape the lore to how they see fit they made it.
    I know, right? They're the ones who MAKE the lore. B)

• Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, we're not getting new races any time soon. Especially ones that don't already exist within the canon, like the Sload or the Tsaesci.
    @rhapsodious
    Tsaesci & Tang Mo! & we could have an epic show down! ...place some side bets?
    B)

seriously though, future addition to the game as part of a new storyline where they are trying to wipe each other out!
    yes please?
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Knahaten flu killed almost every non argonians in Black Marsh, including Lilmothiits the humanoid foxes. They lived in southern part of Black Marsh. Maybe this is the race you looking for? But I still think that ESO already have too many not lore friendly things and last thing I want is tons of people playing as dead race... Just don't give ZOS silly ideas. :/

Not hard to bring them from the grave my friend, for many a times a people are considered dead, but often times the world finds a remnant unbroken and thriving. Because the Lilmothiits are "scattered" it would make sense for them to find life in war or adventure, in hopes of earning a name for their kind.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I demand Sea Elfs.

They are all ready in-game.

Cheers!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bretons represent western Europe during the middle ages and early renaissance. Reachmen represent Celts and Gaulic peoples. Nords the Norse peoples of northern Europe. Imperials the Mediterranian peoples under the influence of Rome. Redguards the Moors and other North African peoples. The Argonians the strange and mystical South American peoples. The bulk of the Mer representing the peoples of the far east.
    They don't represent those people. They just borrowed from the art/architecture/clothing of those groups to make the Elder Scrolls races. Subtle difference, but it's there all the same. Case in point: it might be insulting to South Americans for you to say that the lizard people "represent" them. No. Oh gosh no. However, Bethesda borrowed some elements of South American architecture and art to use for the Argonians.

Edited by SydneyGrey on April 30, 2017 10:14PM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am not a great artist so I have no pictures...

Im pretty sure you have gigabytes of wolf pictures. Theyre just not appropriate to post here.

If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Bretons represent western Europe during the middle ages and early renaissance. Reachmen represent Celts and Gaulic peoples. Nords the Norse peoples of northern Europe. Imperials the Mediterranian peoples under the influence of Rome. Redguards the Moors and other North African peoples. The Argonians the strange and mystical South American peoples. The bulk of the Mer representing the peoples of the far east.
    They don't represent those people. They just borrowed from the art/architecture/clothing of those groups to make the Elder Scrolls race. Subtle difference, but it's there all the same. Case in point: it might be insulting to South Americans for you to say that the lizard people "represent" them. No. Oh gosh no. However, Bethesda borrowed some elements of South American architecture and art to use for the Argonians.

Ooo agreed. TESO is not an exact reflection of our realm. It is distortion or fragmented reality. Inspiration.
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So to start, ALOT of people love wolves. I know people(including I) would love this... a wolf race! ZOS must add this! This would rival the khajiit race(cat/dog). Sure ZOS may say "there are werewolves", but hell it's limited and they look messed up. We need handsome anthropomorphic wolves! Not a hard thing to do! Customers like us must make the push!

We the people must have this integrated into our TESO gaming experience/adventure. How awesome would it be to be a wolf. Come fellow customers. Support this proposition.

I am not a great artist so I have no pictures... But I do have some fragmented lore if this may come to life. (I do admit this thread is poorly constructed but it's merely intended for a "kickstart".

The Lykaios~ coming soon(hopefully) :hushed:

This game needs another beast race prefer something cooler and more graceful looking.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not hard to bring them from the grave my friend, for many a times a people are considered dead, but often times the world finds a remnant unbroken and thriving. Because the Lilmothiits are "scattered" it would make sense for them to find life in war or adventure, in hopes of earning a name for their kind.

If there would be tons of people playing this race, then how will you explain why this race don't appear in other TES games?

Edited by Shardan4968 on April 30, 2017 10:16PM
    PC/EU