Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

End Game Stamina Nightblade Build- PvE DPS (Updated for Clockwork City)

• Seraj
    Seraj
    Soul Shriven
    On EU server, still down. Whats the damage looking like for stam NBs?
  • WanderingBeithe
    WanderingBeithe
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious too. Also after reading through the patch notes, with the exception of rearming trap and its 30% nerf, there wasn't much taken away? At least not enough to warrant an overhaul of skill points like others are arguing over?

Or am I missing something ?
    If it has a tail it is meant to be eaten.

• Seraj
    Seraj
    Soul Shriven
    I'm curious too. Also after reading through the patch notes, with the exception of rearming trap and its 30% nerf, there wasn't much taken away? At least not enough to warrant an overhaul of skill points like others are arguing over?

Or am I missing something ?

A few things I felt which would nerf our DPS the biggest asides from trap being sets no longer able to crit.
  • WanderingBeithe
    WanderingBeithe
    ✭✭✭
    The set nerf doesn't bother me too much as it could get a bit much at times in Cyro.. though they were fun to use while it lasted.
    If it has a tail it is meant to be eaten.

• lord_dal
    lord_dal
    ✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue I really like the look of the bow/bow build, it may not be the highest dps for nightblade but how much lower is it then bow/dw? alot lower? or would it be possible to do a vet dungeon now and then without getting complaints, or is the dps on the lower side for that?
    Edited by lord_dal on February 14, 2017 10:11AM
  • g0dlik3buthumbl3
    @Gilliamtherogue Hey man, thanks for the in depth build. Been working towards this with my NB and currently have 5 Nightmothers, 2 molag kena, 3 agility and as I've no vMA gear I'm currently using 2 gladiator daggers for the extra crit. I'm currently working towards my VO, but RNG is mean and I've only got my necklace so far. I was wondering, is it unrealistic to do vMA with my current setup at cp400? I've had one try and got annihilated in the Drome of Toxic shock like 10 times in a row without really feeling I was progressing. My CP distribution is basically the same ratios as your cp561, just with all numbers reduced to reflect cp400. Do I just need to learn the arena more, or as a nightblade at cp400 with the setup I've described, is this unrealistic? If so, no worries, I'll just keep working towards my VO and ranking up the champion points.
  • g0dlik3buthumbl3
    I also have 5 Twice Born Star and 5 Spriggans available to wear with the 2 kena, so would this be better for a beginner due to the health boost from TBS? I'm using your dual wield and bow ability bars, so are there any skills you would swap in to make it easier for a vMA beginner?
    Edited by g0dlik3buthumbl3 on February 14, 2017 10:18AM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraj wrote: »
    On EU server, still down. Whats the damage looking like for stam NBs?

Lowest DPS in the game at the moment :/ Only hitting roughly 35k so before, last patch I was easily getting ~38-39k self buffed. This is purely self buffed and single target on Robust dummies.
    lord_dal wrote: »
    @Gilliamtherogue I really like the look of the bow/bow build, it may not be the highest dps for nightblade but how much lower is it then bow/dw? alot lower? or would it be possible to do a vet dungeon now and then without getting complaints, or is the dps on the lower side for that?

The issues of the bow/bow build aren't so much a lack of theoretical damage, but rather what they're capable of doing in harder content that has a lot of movement and mechanics. You could definitely do some of the easier vet dungeons without anyone saying anything if you're using the build properly, but in places like Cradle or Ruins it'll be very difficult to get the build to work.
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on February 16, 2017 11:35AM
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Homestead, changed some gear and abilities, cleaned up the structure, and updated some math.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This kinda sounds like what @Rataroto uses for his good deeps.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • geldart.mj
    geldart.mj
    Soul Shriven
    Blizaria wrote: »
    First
    dday3six wrote: »
    Since you're focusing Crit, I'm guessing it's 7/7 medium armor?

Yep, that's in the skill loadouts link. :)

I have searched through your orig post over and over again..and I can't find any link to a loadout?

can you please re post..thank in advance awesome build so far.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue Hey, i was just wondering what you rotation with Arrow Barrage was. It doesn't really line up with the other DoTs so I don't see how you can effectively time it.
    Also you mentionned that Relentless Focus wasn't worth it in trial. Does that mean that you don't even use the proc anymore?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue Hey, i was just wondering what you rotation with Arrow Barrage was. It doesn't really line up with the other DoTs so I don't see how you can effectively time it.
    Also you mentionned that Relentless Focus wasn't worth it in trial. Does that mean that you don't even use the proc anymore?

Arrow Barrage fits perfectly with our rotation since we're using Maelstrom Daggers. Trap Beast is the main issue, as it doesn't line up with everything and must be recast every rotation, instead of rearming it. I'll get some footage soon to demonstrate.

As for Relentless, I only use it for the passive crit and Minor Berserk if my healers aren't keeping up Combat Prayer. The proc is extremely weak since it consumes 2 global cooldowns for a singular damage ability. The only way it's a gain is if you macro, which then makes you a dirty exploiter who is breaking ToS.

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated to add a Maelstrom and Non Maelstrom parse screenshot at the end of post.

• gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue
    So on the last parse no maelstrom -
    I see you dropped rapid strikes for surprise attack, no caltrops, you're using rending slashes - but I can't see the entire damage breakdown 'cause it's off the bottom of the screen.

If you don't mind sharing...What armor were you wearing and what did your bars and rotation look like?

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gard wrote: »
    @Gilliamtherogue
    So on the last parse no maelstrom -
    I see you dropped rapid strikes for surprise attack, no caltrops, you're using rending slashes - but I can't see the entire damage breakdown 'cause it's off the bottom of the screen.

If you don't mind sharing...What armor were you wearing and what did your bars and rotation look like?

Caltrops are on the breakdown.

Wearing the same gear that the guide suggests for non maelstrom, 5 Twin Fang, 5 Vicious, 2 Kra'gh's since it's single target.
    Rotation was simply applying all of my DoTs, and spamming Surprise Attack until I needed to refresh DoTs. A good player doesn't have a rotation, because they're simply watching when they need to reapply their stuff.

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated the CP allocation as well as new parse screen shots for Maelstrom AND Non Maelstrom routes. Keep in mind that NB target dummy parses are highly inflated due to the fact they can self buff Fracture and Minor Berserk.

• assaultwarrior09
    so im doing the non optimal set (with nightmother gear) im level 50 champ 269, and im dying very fast, is this normal? im really not understanding it, can someone explain?
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    Daggerfall Covenant
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so im doing the non optimal set (with nightmother gear) im level 50 champ 269, and im dying very fast, is this normal? im really not understanding it, can someone explain?

Dying fast in what sort of content?
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭

For a stamNB you need vigor for selfhealing. Use dodge roll when needed, block heavy attacks, move and most important of all max your damage so you can take out mobs before they get u.
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish nb had a skill similar to crit surge, where we heal when we crit. That's what makes stamsorc so nice to play in pve.
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, I have a stam sorc (imperial) and a nightblade (wood elf) I have Vo and love it but maelstrom weapons i only have two precise axes, sharpened and precise bow. I currently run 5nmg 5vo or 5nmg 3vo and krafh/veli. Would it be better to use skoria/stormfist and is there a set that if someone else is using nmg that I should use? Also should I continue to farm maelstrom for sharpened weapons or craft double daggers nmg?

Edit: Im a pvp player but I have access to anything and have endgame healer/tanks and just want a dps to use at the T1 level that is stamina. Will be using magdk for dps after but have to grind undaunted..
    Edited by FlyLionel on March 16, 2017 12:02PM
    The Flyers
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    Hello, I have a stam sorc (imperial) and a nightblade (wood elf) I have Vo and love it but maelstrom weapons i only have two precise axes, sharpened and precise bow. I currently run 5nmg 5vo or 5nmg 3vo and krafh/veli. Would it be better to use skoria/stormfist and is there a set that if someone else is using nmg that I should use? Also should I continue to farm maelstrom for sharpened weapons or craft double daggers nmg?

Edit: Im a pvp player but I have access to anything and have endgame healer/tanks and just want a dps to use at the T1 level that is stamina. Will be using magdk for dps after but have to grind undaunted..

I think it depends which content u are running. For vMaelstrom I've been using 5x viper, 5x vo and 2x kragh. The burst dmg is brilliant for that content. When playing trials or doing pledges I would change viper to Nightmother.
  • g0dlik3buthumbl3
    shack80 wrote: »

For a stamNB you need vigor for selfhealing. Use dodge roll when needed, block heavy attacks, move and most important of all max your damage so you can take out mobs before they get u.

I've only just managed my first vet run through and what I learned was that you need to establish where the priority mobs appear each round and absolutely nuke them as they appear so that they don't kill you first. We don't really have any damage mitigation skills, so it's literally all about destroying the mobs before they have a chance to really damage you. If I didn't kill my priory mobs straight away then I'd usually find that the damage they put out with the normal mobs would mean a wipe very quickly.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated the original post with a video guide for auditory learners, as well as added a ST raid parse showcasing that Stamina NB's are still well and capable of pulling 50k+.

• Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    great post
    Edited by Draekony on April 11, 2017 1:28AM
  • Fishoscandi
    Fishoscandi
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you see the 3.0.0 PTS Natch Potes as a stamblade? I know nothing is final, but they took away some of our main things. Like stealth dmg bonus and especially siphoning strikes.
    Fishoscandi - Orc NB
    Cookie of Dough - Dunmer Templar
    Smells Like Tree Spirit - Bosmer Sorc

EU PC

• thetraumasurgeon
    thetraumasurgeon
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for this post. I decided to make a nightblade Khajiit and then (luckily) came across this thread. I will keep it in mind after I level and am more experienced in the game.
  • A_Cats_Tail
    A_Cats_Tail
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't the toothrow set be a good option for stam nightblade builds? I'm currently running 2 piece velidreth, 5 piece automaton, and 5 piece nightmothers. There's probably a better set that I can replace automaton with that's not obtained from trials but I have no idea what's the most efficient.
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't the toothrow set be a good option for stam nightblade builds? I'm currently running 2 piece velidreth, 5 piece automaton, and 5 piece nightmothers. There's probably a better set that I can replace automaton with that's not obtained from trials but I have no idea what's the most efficient.

I tried Toothrow and it's not a bad set for normal 4 man content, but I use Leviathan (lots of crit) and NMG and then Camoflaged Hunter to get Major Savagery.
This discussion has been closed.