The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

We will survive - I promise

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some will leave the game. Some will provide destructive feedback and ruin the community a bit more. But I promise you that we will adapt. Its just a game and its just the mechanics, no need for this level of drama.

<3

That 1970's Disco Song is now in my head, thank you. :neutral:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

This.

Enough with your holier then thou preaching.

Jesus, you lads live with the hate inside! You will figure out a way to make your builds work again, and the learning curve is part of the excitement of the game. I have worked hard for my builds too and I am a pretty dedicated player, but I think its better to take this as a challenge. Nerfs come to everyone (almost) equally, so we will all pass this learning how to play again procedure! We survived 1.6, we will survive this!
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

This.

Jesus, you lads live with the hate inside! You will figure out a way to make your builds work again, and the learning curve is part of the excitement of the game. I have worked hard for my builds too and I am a pretty dedicated player, but I think its better to take this as a challenge. Nerfs come to everyone (almost) equally, so we will all pass this learning how to play again procedure! We survived 1.6, we will survive this!

(SLOW CLAP)
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerfing infinite sustain and stat stacking is good for the health of the game. This was quickly becoming a boring DPS only meta. DPS zerg fests are boring.
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Don't worry once the game launches no one will think of this drama and just be posting about bears and nerfing the bears.

Until next patch, when everyone complains about how Wardens used to be nice and now they aren't meta OMG IM UNINSTALLING ESO MY BUILD IS NOT SO OP ANYMORE.
    Edited by roigseguib16_ESO on April 18, 2017 4:34PM
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Don't worry once the game launches no one will think of this drama and just be posting about bears and nerfing the bears.

Until next patch, when everyone complains about how Wardens used to be nice and now they sre crap OMG IM UNINSTALLING ESO MY BUILD IS NOT SO OP ANYMORE

100% accurate.

I can't wait for the July patch notes when the wardens get kneecapped and they do something like increasing the Jesus Beam by 36% causing a massive string of these types of posts.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have Sorcs ever been bad? Please tell me if they have then I'll believe it's fair(er)

As I said in another templar nerf thread, people, including myself would not be as upset about this if templars were good at something else. But as it stands all other classes are better at DPS, Dks are better at CC/tanking and now sorcs are pretty much good at everything. Nbs are still the neglected stepchild but they are at least not useless, they can deliver some good single target damage and ganks in PVP, Templars can't do that.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    Have Sorcs ever been bad? Please tell me if they have then I'll believe it's fair(er)

I don't give a whatnot for min/max or any other kind of build, but as I recall when the game launched on PC sorcs were useless and DK was the only way to go.

Mind you, it's all swung around so many times as these things do in evolving MMOs that I may have got it wrong. All I know for sure is that each time balancing skills have changed it has produced a storm of protest based solely on reading the patch notes rather than actually playing the game, and each time I've kept my same skills up for the way I play non-competitive PvE and I haven't even noticed a difference.
  • Rainteal
    Rainteal
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, these changes just kind of bug me.

Will I adapt and find a new, effective build? Yes

Will the world end? No

Will it annoy me that on launch day I will be spending a significant amount of time NOT playing the new content, but instead I will be messing around with specs and gear? Yes

Have I played loads of MMOs through the years and dealt with changes? Yes, but I feel like this one has been on a nasty nerf campaign for the last year. Normally, nerfs are offset with some buffs in other areas that makes the nerfs a little bit less of a bitter pill to swallow.

So, am I raging, angry, and going to quit the game? No, but this situation really annoys me and takes away from my enjoyment of the game.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This.

What u gonna do?
    Edited by andreasranasen on April 18, 2017 8:02PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some will leave the game. Some will provide destructive feedback and ruin the community a bit more. But I promise you that we will adapt. Its just a game and its just the mechanics, no need for this level of drama.

<3

Wow I am sorry but your comment is completely wrong, everyone has a right to disagree with the changes when they invest money, it is their job to balance the game not anyone elses and we even provide results for them, I am not saying they are not going to balance things but this same rules apply to any mmorpg, we are the customers they are the servers.

When you go into a retail store your telling me your happy when you buy a product that tells you it does something specific but does the opposite when you bring it home then you come to find out they do not take refunds? I think not, this is how many feel when mmorpgs turn circle jerks. Anyways we should wait and see what happens with future patch notes I really do think zos still cares and tries, I think maybe they are just testing some kinks first.
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    At first I saw the patch notes I was petrified..... https://youtu.be/ZBR2G-iI3-I
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

The learning curve is a part of your stock holm syndrome, I'll pass thanks.

I didn't survive 1.6. I abruptly stopped playing, told the people I regularly ran dungeons with I was slowing down and just let it be, well aware something like this was going to happen. I called it, god knows how long ago. I am tired. Tired of this game that cannot make up it's mind or devs that cant be bothered to put in the modicum of sense to figure out what the community, in all -honesty-, actually wants.

I've been malcontented in a slow and steady stream. It started around Dark Brotherhood, because I disagreed with the often heavy handed approach there, too. I disagreed with the removal of bracing. The malcontent, has been a long time coming, honestly. I played this game back in Beta, got to Molag Bal, beat Molag Bal, with the beta balance (yeah that was fun, and people tell me I'm a casual. Eat me.) And I can tell you one thing. If there is anything anathema to my enjoyment of this game, it's the pidgeon holing as far as roles go. This patch has only made that worse, stomping out any and all life, what little there was, outside the meta. You run meta now, or you dont run. Well I'm sick of it.

Yet here you are, attempting to push everyone who is raising concerns, now, now that we actually have an -audience- and not when we pushed the same concerns god knows how long ago when the screenshots linked, as angry, malignant rioters.

Screw. Your. Holier. Then. Thou. Preaching. And the horse it rode in on. I stopped because I disagreed with the design, now others are doing the same. People are allowed to have differing opinions, without being wrong in the head, malignant, or malformed. You do a dis-service to both them, and yourself for this line of thought. Perhaps, it's time to stop playing brothers keeper, and let people make their own judgement, and let the game rise or fall on peoples unfettered perceptions.

God that was wordy. So, TLDR: I stopped playing around 1.6, I dont plan on playing until I can safely do it without running meta again, your not your brothers keeper.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on April 18, 2017 8:51PM
  • Eggzie
    Eggzie
    ✭✭
    When you've gotten to a point where your build is min-maxed to the extreme and is made to where you win or you escape, you mistakenly think you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay but in reality it evens out the playing field and makes the game fun for many...

Fixed for you.
    Edited by Eggzie on April 18, 2017 8:51PM
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@andreasranasen when you invest yourself into a constantly changing online game intended to be enjoyed by players who all play it differently to eachother, you (should) sign up for the fact there will be changes you don't agree with

and now you know what humility feels like
    Edited by Browiseth on April 18, 2017 8:51PM
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

I didn't survive 1.6. I abruptly stopped playing, told the people I regularly ran dungeons with I was slowing down and just let it be, well aware something like this was going to happen. I called it, god knows how long ago. I am tired. Tired of this game that cannot make up it's mind or devs that cant be bothered to put in the modicum of sense to figure out what the community, in all -honesty-, actually wants.

I've been malcontented in a slow and steady stream. It started around Dark Brotherhood, because I disagreed with the often heavy handed approach there, too. I disagreed with the removal of bracing. The malcontent, has been a long time coming, honestly. I played this game back in Beta, got to Molag Bal, beat Molag Bal, with the beta balance (yeah that was fun, and people tell me I'm a casual. Eat me.) And I can tell you one thing. If there is anything anathema to my enjoyment of this game, it's the pidgeon holing as far as roles go. This patch has only made that worse, stomping out any and all life, what little there was, outside the meta. You run meta now, or you dont run. Well I'm sick of it.

Yet here you are, attempting to push everyone who is raising concerns, now, now that we actually have an -audience- and not when we pushed the same concerns god knows how long ago when the screenshots linked, as angry, malignant rioters.

Screw. Your. Holier. Then. Thou. Preaching. And the horse it rode in on. I stopped because I disagreed with the design, now others are doing the same. People are allowed to have differing opinions, without being wrong in the head, malignant, or malformed. You do a dis-service to both them, and yourself for this line of thought. Perhaps, it's time to stop playing brothers keeper, and let people make their own judgement, and let the game rise or fall on peoples unfettered perceptions.

God that was wordy. So, TLDR: I stopped playing around 1.6, I dont plan on playing until I can safely do it without running meta again, your not your brothers keeper.
    You must like the game if you are posting in here a year after you "quit."
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

So why are still posting if you haven't played since then? What do you know about the game now if you haven't touched it since then? You are tired of the game and yet you just come on the forums to write this stuff?

You just sound like a child throwing a temper tantrum and have no ground to stay on because you do not play anymore.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats a pretty hard concept for all these Zos champions to understand.
  • Eggzie
    Eggzie
    ✭✭

The learning curve............ brothers keeper.

Bye! See you in 8 to 10 months I suppose.
    Edited by Eggzie on April 18, 2017 8:56PM
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the point of increasing CP cap?
    I dont get it they think its to strong but keep raising cap for what?

Personally i dont care i am well over the cap but seems odd to decrease the value of the points but still raise the cap anyway.
    Maybe i missed something and ask stupid questions just boarding the rage train haha.

OP is right we will overcome im sure but its sad that they are so into raising floors yet seem oblivious of how to do it.
    /rant lol
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

You must like the game if you are posting in here a year after you "quit."

...Well firstly not so much a year. As like. A few months. I stopped after first week of release, I came back around Tamriel unlimited, slowed down around Homestead, and have now just given up.

But I do love this game. I love the world it's set in, the visuals, the glorious writing, and the gameplay, when I can safely play it without becoming a drone. I like, to play this game. But much like a overcontrolling spouse, it acts too much.

I like this game, I just dont like it enough to redo my build every few months, reroll quests I've done dozens of times because the devs thought sustain was an issue.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

So why are still posting if you haven't played since then? What do you know about the game now if you haven't touched it since then? You are tired of the game and yet you just come on the forums to write this stuff?

You just sound like a child throwing a temper tantrum and have no ground to stay on because you do not play anymore.

Read the post a few down, I have been playing. Why is it more people are interested in finding ways to throw out a dissenting opinion than adressing it?

Besides, I dont even see how a -meta- is going to save this game now, given the apparent DPS bottleneck it's gonna have.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on April 18, 2017 8:59PM
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »
    It's an MMO. All MMOs change almost every quarter. You have no right to be upset if you purposely ignored all previous history of this and every other major MMO that has always followed a nerf-buff pattern every quarter.

You were never guaranteed to have your build be great forever.

i dont mind a nerf buff pattern.
    but how about a nerf nerf nerf nerf pattern?

i play templar. in which time and space and alternative reality should i look into, to appreciate the buff i might have received at some point?

cloak says hi! :P
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »

@andreasranasen when you invest yourself into a constantly changing online game intended to be enjoyed by players who all play it differently to eachother, you (should) sign up for the fact there will be changes you don't agree with

and now you know what humility feels like

Same phone, who dis?
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Read the post a few down, I have been playing. Why is it more people are interested in finding ways to throw out a dissenting opinion than adressing it?

Besides, I dont even see how a -meta- is going to save this game now, given the apparent DPS bottleneck it's gonna have.

Because all you do is complain about game play, but then you talk about how much you love the game play.

Dissenting opinion? Have you read what you written before? If you do not plan on playing, then does that mean when Morrowind launches I can expect you to be one here yelling and freaking on people because of the game?

You replied like a total A$$ having someone having an opinion on something, then you write a wall of words to rant like a lunatic and then proceed to talk about dissenting opinion.. stop being hypocrite.
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Because all you do is complain about game play, but then you talk about how much you love the game play.

Dissenting opinion? Have you read what you written before? If you do not plan on playing, then does that mean when Morrowind launches I can expect you to be one here yelling and freaking on people because of the game?

You replied like a total A$$ having someone having an opinion on something, then you write a wall of words to rant like a lunatic and then proceed to talk about dissenting opinion.. stop being hypocrite.

Then do the same. Do more, than complain about the people complaining about the game. There's a nice point about the whole DPS versus resources situation this game is about to have, how about that?

While I'm on the subject, food for thought: Given all the enrage, or fights dependant on minimizing the time on certain mechanics in the game, how is the game taking your DPS capacity away, yet not nerfing the content to suit going to go? Anyone got any guesses to that little equasion?

Examples of this. Skoria. Planar Inhib. Lord Warden. All with a healer class that's been nerfed signifigantly. I guess Deltia said it best. Wanna be relevent? Roll Warden.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on April 18, 2017 9:10PM
  • Montayva
    Montayva
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone has a right to be upset. But approaching something with such negativity and bitterness isn't really going to achieve much. Submitting detailed feedback on x change or offering different solutions would be a start. Look at MDK heal last patch for example. People tested, gave constructive feedback, and tweaks were made.

Tl;dr use your voices wisely instead of creating a *** no one wants to go near.
    Montayva: EP, AD, DC Magplar | Mistress Montayva: AD, DC, EP Mag DK | Rharhey: EP, AD Mag Sorccrafters
    Nirnrewt/ Nutella/Nirncrux: AD, EP, DC Stamblades+Stamdens
    ES Cosplayer wannabe

Beholder of the power to unleash the QAM HAM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first I saw the patch notes I was petrified..... https://youtu.be/ZBR2G-iI3-I

I may be courting controversy, but I've always preferred the Cake version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KJjVMqNIgA
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Then do the same. Do more, than complain about the people complaining about the game. There's a nice point about the whole DPS versus resources situation this game is about to have, how about that?

While I'm on the subject, food for thought: Given all the enrage, or fights dependant on minimizing the time on certain mechanics in the game, how is the game taking your DPS capacity away, yet not nerfing the content to suit going to go? Anyone got any guesses to that little equasion?

Examples of this. Skoria. Planar Inhib. Lord Warden. All with a healer class that's been nerfed signifigantly. I guess Deltia said it best. Wanna be relevent? Roll Warden.

Its not a complaint. I think its humorous that the first batch of patch notes and people are quitting and unsubbing and even writing they are "scared" Its the knee jerk reactions that I find hilarious. Now some players have well written, thought out posts that actually have pretty constructive conversations with them, to actually get ZoS to pay attention or at least have the communication.

But you sir, haven't played, and don't play anymore, yet you come in and spot off at the mouth to other people that enjoy the patch notes and don't mind learning and adjusting to something.

Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Its not a complaint. I think its humorous that the first batch of patch notes and people are quitting and unsubbing and even writing they are "scared" Its the knee jerk reactions that I find hilarious. Now some players have well written, thought out posts that actually have pretty constructive conversations with them, to actually get ZoS to pay attention or at least have the communication.

But you sir, haven't played, and don't play anymore, yet you come in and spot off at the mouth to other people that enjoy the patch notes and don't mind learning and adjusting to something.

...I have tho. Aaaand your fairlyland accusations that I 'dont play' when I have been and have only recently slowed down, with the addition that this is supposed to impact my ability to speak in any way is hilarious.

Besides. What point is there talking to the brick wall that is ZOS? Have you been playing the same game I have, all these months? They dont lisen to jack all. If I thought I had a miniscule chance of geting them to lisen, I would try.

As such, I left my feedback and left it at that. ZOS has to want to change, and they never have. So right now, I sit, I wait, I watch. I'm still waiting for ZOS's answer to the fact that basicly alot of fights are gonna need serious tweaking. If they even -give- an answer to that.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on April 18, 2017 9:26PM