Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We will survive - I promise

• Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some will leave the game. Some will provide destructive feedback and ruin the community a bit more. But I promise you that we will adapt. Its just a game and its just the mechanics, no need for this level of drama.

<3

So what are the haters crying about this minuet?
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Some will leave the game. Some will provide destructive feedback and ruin the community a bit more. But I promise you that we will adapt. Its just a game and its just the mechanics, no need for this level of drama.

<3

That 1970's Disco Song is now in my head, thank you. :neutral:

3a9e66524114c82e76e8eaa141e806f7_share-this-post-i-will-survive-memes_460-677.jpeg
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balamoor wrote: »
    Vanthras79 wrote: »

<3

That 1970's Disco Song is now in my head, thank you. :neutral:

3a9e66524114c82e76e8eaa141e806f7_share-this-post-i-will-survive-memes_460-677.jpeg

I delcare this a meme thread.
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

This.

Enough with your holier then thou preaching.

Jesus, you lads live with the hate inside! You will figure out a way to make your builds work again, and the learning curve is part of the excitement of the game. I have worked hard for my builds too and I am a pretty dedicated player, but I think its better to take this as a challenge. Nerfs come to everyone (almost) equally, so we will all pass this learning how to play again procedure! We survived 1.6, we will survive this!

The learning curve is a part of your stock holm syndrome, I'll pass thanks.

I didn't survive 1.6. I abruptly stopped playing, told the people I regularly ran dungeons with I was slowing down and just let it be, well aware something like this was going to happen. I called it, god knows how long ago. I am tired. Tired of this game that cannot make up it's mind or devs that cant be bothered to put in the modicum of sense to figure out what the community, in all -honesty-, actually wants.

I've been malcontented in a slow and steady stream. It started around Dark Brotherhood, because I disagreed with the often heavy handed approach there, too. I disagreed with the removal of bracing. The malcontent, has been a long time coming, honestly. I played this game back in Beta, got to Molag Bal, beat Molag Bal, with the beta balance (yeah that was fun, and people tell me I'm a casual. Eat me.) And I can tell you one thing. If there is anything anathema to my enjoyment of this game, it's the pidgeon holing as far as roles go. This patch has only made that worse, stomping out any and all life, what little there was, outside the meta. You run meta now, or you dont run. Well I'm sick of it.

Yet here you are, attempting to push everyone who is raising concerns, now, now that we actually have an -audience- and not when we pushed the same concerns god knows how long ago when the screenshots linked, as angry, malignant rioters.

Screw. Your. Holier. Then. Thou. Preaching. And the horse it rode in on. I stopped because I disagreed with the design, now others are doing the same. People are allowed to have differing opinions, without being wrong in the head, malignant, or malformed. You do a dis-service to both them, and yourself for this line of thought. Perhaps, it's time to stop playing brothers keeper, and let people make their own judgement, and let the game rise or fall on peoples unfettered perceptions.

God that was wordy. So, TLDR: I stopped playing around 1.6, I dont plan on playing until I can safely do it without running meta again, your not your brothers keeper.
    You must like the game if you are posting in here a year after you "quit."

This is Sig worthy
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the main problem? Magic users have to use staves?

That is like me getting upset because my stamina player has to use swords/daggers/etc

The main problem is in the patch notes. They nerfed sustain across the board, a bit too much. It's essentially toast.

Sustain was always overrated and a significant majority of people ran way more than what was necessary. You can play any content in this game with sub 1000 regen if you heavy attack enough.

While this is true, a lot of these changes don't even belong. You can play any content, but you can say goodbye to any build diversity. And not everyone wants to add heavy attacks into their rotations. That's not fun gameplay for a lot of people who, you know... Actually raid.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kay1 wrote: »
    kongkim wrote: »
    Only the Max/Min players that mind it. all others people that play the game for fun will adapt to it and play as nothing has happened. The game will not get ruined by a numbers changing.

Hahahhaha you're so wrong.

The elite players will be the only one capable of adapting.

The casuals will run out of resources after 5 skills, please read the patch nothes before you spread non sense.

Calm down, you sound hysterical.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »
    Only the Max/Min players that mind it. all others people that play the game for fun will adapt to it and play as nothing has happened. The game will not get ruined by a numbers changing.

The casuals will run out of resources after 5 skills, please read the patch nothes before you spread non sense.

Calm down, you sound hysterical.

Not really?
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's true. I already run out of resources and have a hell of a time recovering.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more I read these new changes, the less I think any of these changes are going to actually help new or bad players.

Maybe for a few days they will feel really good about themselves and feel like everything is balanced.

Then good players will make adjustments like they always do every patch and the illusion of balance will be gone.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curtdogg47 wrote: »
    The more I read these new changes, the less I think any of these changes are going to actually help new or bad players.

Maybe for a few days they will feel really good about themselves and feel like everything is balanced.

Then good players will make adjustments like they always do every patch and the illusion of balance will be gone.

The changes seem to be about closing the gap between the good new players and the good old players. Everyone else is getting tossed under the bus.

Wait... is this the Devs way of saying "Git Gud or we don't want you"?
    Edited by Tholian1 on April 18, 2017 10:49PM
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will be able to put something together, that will be similar to our previous builds, albeit much less effective. But why, either play the warden like they want or just quit, playing a subpar version of what you used to play doesn't sound like much fun.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather play the game for enjoyment not for survival. Or constant confusion and disappointment.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Drama queen alert, boys!
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already gave up trying to be good in this game, so I guess I'll be more terribad in the next update, no biggie.

• samueltannerb14_ESO
    The same QQ I've seen for the last 10 years in every MMO I've played. Nothing new here.
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys.. GUISE!

Caaaaalm down, let's all just have some shrooms and make a Warden, it'll all be fine! :blush:
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

<3

QFE!!

The doom and gloom complaining threads are getting out of hand
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

This.

Enough with your holier then thou preaching.

Jesus, you lads live with the hate inside! You will figure out a way to make your builds work again, and the learning curve is part of the excitement of the game. I have worked hard for my builds too and I am a pretty dedicated player, but I think its better to take this as a challenge. Nerfs come to everyone (almost) equally, so we will all pass this learning how to play again procedure! We survived 1.6, we will survive this!

The learning curve is a part of your stock holm syndrome, I'll pass thanks.

I didn't survive 1.6. I abruptly stopped playing, told the people I regularly ran dungeons with I was slowing down and just let it be, well aware something like this was going to happen. I called it, god knows how long ago. I am tired. Tired of this game that cannot make up it's mind or devs that cant be bothered to put in the modicum of sense to figure out what the community, in all -honesty-, actually wants.

I've been malcontented in a slow and steady stream. It started around Dark Brotherhood, because I disagreed with the often heavy handed approach there, too. I disagreed with the removal of bracing. The malcontent, has been a long time coming, honestly. I played this game back in Beta, got to Molag Bal, beat Molag Bal, with the beta balance (yeah that was fun, and people tell me I'm a casual. Eat me.) And I can tell you one thing. If there is anything anathema to my enjoyment of this game, it's the pidgeon holing as far as roles go. This patch has only made that worse, stomping out any and all life, what little there was, outside the meta. You run meta now, or you dont run. Well I'm sick of it.

Yet here you are, attempting to push everyone who is raising concerns, now, now that we actually have an -audience- and not when we pushed the same concerns god knows how long ago when the screenshots linked, as angry, malignant rioters.

Screw. Your. Holier. Then. Thou. Preaching. And the horse it rode in on. I stopped because I disagreed with the design, now others are doing the same. People are allowed to have differing opinions, without being wrong in the head, malignant, or malformed. You do a dis-service to both them, and yourself for this line of thought. Perhaps, it's time to stop playing brothers keeper, and let people make their own judgement, and let the game rise or fall on peoples unfettered perceptions.

God that was wordy. So, TLDR: I stopped playing around 1.6, I dont plan on playing until I can safely do it without running meta again, your not your brothers keeper.

So why are still posting if you haven't played since then? What do you know about the game now if you haven't touched it since then? You are tired of the game and yet you just come on the forums to write this stuff?

You just sound like a child throwing a temper tantrum and have no ground to stay on because you do not play anymore.

Read the post a few down, I have been playing. Why is it more people are interested in finding ways to throw out a dissenting opinion than adressing it?

Besides, I dont even see how a -meta- is going to save this game now, given the apparent DPS bottleneck it's gonna have.

Because all you do is complain about game play, but then you talk about how much you love the game play.

Dissenting opinion? Have you read what you written before? If you do not plan on playing, then does that mean when Morrowind launches I can expect you to be one here yelling and freaking on people because of the game?

You replied like a total A$$ having someone having an opinion on something, then you write a wall of words to rant like a lunatic and then proceed to talk about dissenting opinion.. stop being hypocrite.

Then do the same. Do more, than complain about the people complaining about the game. There's a nice point about the whole DPS versus resources situation this game is about to have, how about that?

While I'm on the subject, food for thought: Given all the enrage, or fights dependant on minimizing the time on certain mechanics in the game, how is the game taking your DPS capacity away, yet not nerfing the content to suit going to go? Anyone got any guesses to that little equasion?

Examples of this. Skoria. Planar Inhib. Lord Warden. All with a healer class that's been nerfed signifigantly. I guess Deltia said it best. Wanna be relevent? Roll Warden.

But you sir, haven't played, and don't play anymore, yet you come in and spot off at the mouth to other people that enjoy the patch notes and don't mind learning and adjusting to something.

There's another game that I love, have put in something like 700 hrs of gameplay. I stopped playing that game about 8 months ago due to endless gameplay problems/bugs that never got fixed, devs saying ABC was happening, then when the patch finally arrived, XYZ happened instead. We had a paid for server that ended up with just 3 of us on, all citing the same or similar reasons as to why they were stopping playing.

But I love that game more than any other game I've played in years, and I do read their forums every week or so, and make some comments on it as I do so.

I know from other peoples posts what issues are still not fixed etc and its my love and passion that makes me still post. I am hoping that one day things will change for the better and when/if it does, I will return.

Where as all other games I left, I stopped reading their forums too.

And on that other games forum, many like the changes and play in ways where either the issues don't affect them, or came to the game much later hence are unaware what the game used to play like. And the same sort of threads appear on that with some liking the current game and appearing to not be affected by bugs or changes that many others find totally unacceptable, and we get the same posts calling people like me whiners etc.

My point being, if someone leaves a game but still takes the time to post, chances are, they have a real passion for it, and are not simply spouting off for the fun of it.

This patch reminds me of when Lotro made major changes. Again same sort of posts from both sides.

While its true that after every patch, people threatened to leave, I did leave Lotro due to those major changes as did loads of others.

I have a lifetime account for Lotro, occasionally I'll download it and log in for a bit of nostalgia, I've done this 3 times since ESO launched, and each time I delete it within a week. Only one friend is still playing (and spends all her time playing music in a lotro band) the packed guild has long disbanded, as have all the others we grouped with etc.

And they have since merged their servers due to the player base falling so much.

But even after all this, there are still many players singing praises to both the game and its devs, and sure, for them they love the casual dumbed down game they ended up with.

But with that patch, the people who complained and warned many people would leave, well they were right, even though many posters called them haters or acting like children etc.

And at that point in Lotros journey, before that patch was announced, many players were feeling disenchanted due to various things with the game.

A lot (not all) of the people I know in ESO have also felt this way for a while now. Whether due to PvP lag issues or the endless grind to beat the RNG and get the set pieces they want or whatever. I worry that for many, these changes might be the last straw.

Edited by Ojustaboo on April 19, 2017 12:08AM
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two camps here

The Chest thumping elitist yelling "Git Gud" (Which is a insight to both IQ and education level)

And

The Hysterical Drama Queens (Think Roger on American Dad.)

Nether side represents the core player of this game and both are embarrassing themselves.

This isn't the Elitist wonderland you're looking for nor is it the end of the world for casuals.

Get a grip people.
    Edited by Balamoor on April 19, 2017 12:12AM
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

<3

Hell yeah! I like your attitude.

It's an MMO. All MMOs change almost every quarter. You have no right to be upset if you purposely ignored all previous history of this and every other major MMO that has always followed a nerf-buff pattern every quarter.

You were never guaranteed to have your build be great forever.

And this is the prime reason MMOs can never have any type of decent competitive PvP. It has more to do with class rotational bait and switch balance and grinding gear or getting lucky at getting good gear, then it is about player skill.

Disclaimer: This is just my initial assessment of Morrowind.

(Yes we will survive this. However some of us survivors will still be left with a very sour taste in our mouth. I know ZOS was going to make Warden OP and was/is completely ok with it. (It's a MMO). However I'm still abit dazed after getting hit by that ball out of left field, from the way they made Warden OP.)
  • Dantaria
    Dantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, we will. We will survive. But "surviving" and "living" are different things. Breaking news here.

I'm the one who is a bit horrified by patch notes. Oh well, you'll have to forgive me.

You will have to forgive the person who just recently got enough gear, CP and understanding of the game to try vMoL. Just try, mind you. I'm not sure I can complete it now.

We just spent 4 hours on 1st boss. I think I'm going to dream about dark-blue pillars this night. Endless respect and admiration to those who were with me. We wiped and wiped, over and over and over. But noone has given up.

And we made it. We made it. Tried Twins just to see mechanics and called it a night.

You will have to forgive me for being upset. For being upset with a stressful, horrifying feeling of being put on clock. And time is running out fast.

I have to complete vMoL until June. With all my and other peoples' RL. Because after? Well, after you'll have to be 600cp solid to make it through. And god knows when I'll have another chance. Grinding CP is a very long and tedious process. 6 month maybe?

You will have to forgive me for being upset with a fact, that when new content arrives, I'll not be able to finish the old one. It is, after all, reasonable and logical. Why on earth should new content make old more accessible? Totally should be the other way around. Noone needs old content when the new one arrives, so go-go-go, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.

Yes. Totally normal, reasonable situation. So stupid of me to be upset with it.
    English isn't my native, apologies for any mistakes.
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Montayva wrote: »
    Everyone has a right to be upset. But approaching something with such negativity and bitterness isn't really going to achieve much. Submitting detailed feedback on x change or offering different solutions would be a start. Look at MDK heal last patch for example. People tested, gave constructive feedback, and tweaks were made.

Tl;dr use your voices wisely instead of creating a *** no one wants to go near.

The majority of posts are hardly like this I love it when people see a few posts and assume everyone is being overly bitter.
  • ScooberSteve
    ScooberSteve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Down to eso!
  • Night_Wolf2112
    Night_Wolf2112
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... now I can't perma block or spam my skills in PvP without it really affecting my resources.... Oh the humanity!
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... now I can't perma block or spam my skills in PvP without it really affecting my resources.... Oh the humanity!

From what I have seen that is far from the majority of concerns.
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Cadbury

Meh I just pulled the closes one I can find. Got to love the memes.
    Edited by sneakymitchell on April 19, 2017 3:47AM
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP DK, Heavy Armor. Nerfing constitution passive by 42% lol.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

QFT

The people that are saying "ITS OK" or "ITS JUST PTS," are not contributing anything to the discussion. Your "wait and see" arguments are a specious waste of pixels.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on April 19, 2017 3:45AM
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark
    ✭✭✭
    Everquest 1 isn't the same as it was 18 years ago.

Verant should be ashamed of themselves and refund all the money I spent!