The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

We will survive - I promise

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im basically looking forward to Cyro/IC PvP, dungeons/delves and Morrowind Quest line. Trials are probably going to take a back seat until the dust settles. dont care about world firsts so will let those guys figure this nonsense out.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You call my words "git gut buzzwords", I say what you mean is: MAKE IT EASY SO I CAN MAKE IT FAST

MMk, let me try and explain this another way. To me, it is more important that we, the newer players, have this content at the same level of difficulty that you, the established players, had it at when you completed it.

If that level of difficulty proves to be "easy", then so be it. Fair is fair.

On a personal level, I love a challenge. I love difficult raid content. This game is vastly different and I've had trouble adjusting, but I was (briefly) in one of the top 10 raiding guilds NA in my old MMO. If you're saying it was too easy before, then I would look forward to doing it on "harder mode". But, I will defend the rights of someone newer to raid environments who wants equal conditions to my dying breath. Because those guys generally don't go on forums, and they need a voice.

Edit: saw you changed your comment, but I'm just gonna leave it here for the sake of having a simplified argument in the thread. This is what I was saying boils down to anyway.

Very valid points but fair doesn't mean equal. Fair is that if I have spent over 5.000 hours on the game, I can achieve more content and more successfully than those who have spent less. Because there are two things: 1. Gear and stats, achieved through time and perseverance in the game and 2. Skill and learning curve.
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You call my words "git gut buzzwords", I say what you mean is: MAKE IT EASY SO I CAN MAKE IT FAST

MMk, let me try and explain this another way. To me, it is more important that we, the newer players, have this content at the same level of difficulty that you, the established players, had it at when you completed it.

If that level of difficulty proves to be "easy", then so be it. Fair is fair.

On a personal level, I love a challenge. I love difficult raid content. This game is vastly different and I've had trouble adjusting, but I was (briefly) in one of the top 10 raiding guilds NA in my old MMO. If you're saying it was too easy before, then I would look forward to doing it on "harder mode". But, I will defend the rights of someone newer to raid environments who wants equal conditions to my dying breath. Because those guys generally don't go on forums, and they need a voice.

Edit: saw you changed your comment, but I'm just gonna leave it here for the sake of having a simplified argument in the thread. This is what I was saying boils down to anyway.

Very valid points but fair doesn't mean equal. Fair is that if I have spent over 5.000 hours on the game, I can achieve more content and more successfully than those who have spent less. Because there are two things: 1. Gear and stats, achieved through time and perseverance in the game and 2. Skill and learning curve.

Well yeah, but the heart of the matter is that someone with the exact same gear and stats as you will not be able to pump out the same dps you're doing now in 6 weeks. I'm assuming that no matter what builds get theorycrafted to compensate for the sustain changes, dps will be notably lower. So, like I've been saying, a lower ceiling.

I'm not saying that people need to be guaranteed clears or anything. All i'm saying is that, if it works out that trial groups who just barely make enrage will, on average have say 100k less dps than they do right now, then the boss needs to have 100k x number of seconds to enrage reduced health to compensate. If average hps is lower, then the boss will need to have lower outgoing damage to compensate. The clear conditions need to be the same as you had them, not necessarily the outcome.
    Edited by Crafts_Many_Boxes on April 19, 2017 4:26PM
  • Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    Preach!
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone is leaving the game because they dislike the patch notes change then I'm glad they have left and I hope they never come back! :smile:

I look at this way...the people we lose are pretty much the worst elements of the community anyway...so.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »

By the Gods... these changes coming with Morrowind suck all the way around. There is NOTHING to be excited for...

This is why I lost interest. All DLC been awesome. Morrowind has nothing interesting other then a new class.

What about Morrowind itself?
    Edited by Kodrac on April 19, 2017 6:32PM