Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We will survive - I promise

roigseguib16_ESO
roigseguib16_ESO
✭✭✭
Some will leave the game. Some will provide destructive feedback and ruin the community a bit more. But I promise you that we will adapt. Its just a game and its just the mechanics, no need for this level of drama.

<3
Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.
    Edited by andreasranasen on April 18, 2017 3:12PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some will leave the game. Some will provide destructive feedback and ruin the community a bit more. But I promise you that we will adapt. Its just a game and its just the mechanics, no need for this level of drama.

<3

Hell yeah! I like your attitude.
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

It's an MMO. All MMOs change almost every quarter. You have no right to be upset if you purposely ignored all previous history of this and every other major MMO that has always followed a nerf-buff pattern every quarter.

You were never guaranteed to have your build be great forever.
  • colig
    colig
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'll just have my templar hole up in his Humblemud and not come out until the next balance update arrives.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This.

All these changes accomplish is pidgeon-holing Magicka characters into being FORCED to use a Destro/Resto staff.

With the drop in sustain and increase in ability cost, my dual-wielding magicka Templar will suffer greatly, and "just weave in heavy attacks" will have ZERO effect to alleviate that as heavy attacking with my swords will only restore Stamina.

Nope, build diversity goes right out the window.

If you are a magicka-based character, it becomes "use a staff or don't bother playing".

By the Gods... these changes coming with Morrowind suck all the way around. There is NOTHING to be excited for...

May as well forget the whole "play your way" or even the "we want you to be able to build the character YOU want to build. Because if these changes go "live", if you're not using a staff for magicka characters, you're ***.

Are you possibly even listening @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert ? Oh, who am I kidding... of course you aren't listening. Wrobel just gets to destroy the game in whatever manner he deems fit... and just going by ZOS's 3-year history with this game, if the changes are on the PTS, they're all-but assured to make it through to the Live servers...

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

<3

Hell yeah! I like your attitude.

It's an MMO. All MMOs change almost every quarter. You have no right to be upset if you purposely ignored all previous history of this and every other major MMO that has always followed a nerf-buff pattern every quarter.

I've seen numerous of your post but I don't think you realize it, this is not a normal patch, this is not something you can adapt, you can't, only elite players will be able to adapt.

You need a very strong knowledge of anim canceling to keep your sustain up, so that means the 99% of the community won't be able to sustain.

I can sustain just fine with my anim cancel, I can swap bar and get on overload to dark deal in less than 2 seconds, an average player can't do that while using shields, synergy and focusing on a fight, people need to realize that if you are good it doesn't mean everyone is as good as you, If I can sustain perfectly it doesn't mean everyone can do it.

I really hope you try the future changes, I tested it with the exact same of amount of reduce cost that I will have next patch and just 4 skills already burn the 34% of my magicka and I had 43k, after 9 seconds of fight without synergy I had 2% of Magicka, please try it and then you comeback and tell us again to adapt.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This.

All these changes accomplish is pidgeon-holing Magicka characters into being FORCED to use a Destro/Resto staff.

With the drop in sustain and increase in ability cost, my dual-wielding magicka Templar will suffer greatly, and "just weave in heavy attacks" will have ZERO effect to alleviate that as heavy attacking with my swords will only restore Stamina.

If you are a magicka-based character, it becomes "use a staff or don't bother playing".

By the Gods... these changes coming with Morrowind suck all the way around. There is NOTHING to be excited for...

May as well forget the whole "play your way" or even the "we want you to be able to build the character YOU want to build. Because if these changes go "live", if you're not using a staff for magicka characters, you're ***.

Are you possibly even listening @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert ? Oh, who am I kidding... of course you aren't listening. Wrobel just gets to destroy the game in whatever manner he deems fit... and just going by ZOS's 3-year history with this game, if the changes are on the PTS, they're all-but assured to make it through to the Live servers...

Oh no! You have to grab a staff! The humanity! Maybe if you grabbed one earlier you woundn't need to run a ridiculous amount of regen in the first place.

And you can also stand in your Templar circle.

Let's be real ... you were never playing how you wanted to begin with. You were playing the way your spreadsheet was telling you was the mathematically best way to play. Now that the math is working out differently you're freaking out. Just give it some time, swap a few abilities and you'll be fine.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry once the game launches no one will think of this drama and just be posting about bears and nerfing the bears.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you here. Update 13 wrecked my build, DW Overload Mag Sorc. Golded all my gear, fully overload focused, it wound me up - to be honest I still haven't sorted my next sets out - so i'm fully open to U14, shaking up the status quo as i'm forced to re-design anyway - and don't follow Meta / BIS / streamer copy.

so OP you are right, it will all be overcome, and shaking up the status quo is good. its all realative, everyone is going to have to pick burst or sustain - simple!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont mind a nerf buff pattern.
    but how about a nerf nerf nerf nerf pattern?

i play templar. in which time and space and alternative reality should i look into, to appreciate the buff i might have received at some point?
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Don't worry once the game launches no one will think of this drama and just be posting about bears and nerfing the bears.

Just save the posts and names of the people complaining now. In 3 months the same people will arguing about the changes making things OP.

They wanted a change, and they got it.

Remember when the Destro staff Ulti was to weak and garbage?
    Or making world bosses tougher was stupid?
    Or classes got buffed and nerfed?

Players wanna sit on the same gear and skills for the rest of the life of the game and yet those same players get upset because the game is a face roll and too "Casual" or "No Endgame".

ZoS will never please the whole playerbase. But the few hundred on the forums will still equip their tin foil hats and grab their pitchforks.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just save the posts and names of the people complaining now. In 3 months the same people will arguing about the changes making things OP.

Players wanna sit on the same gear and skills for the rest of the life of the game and yet those same players get upset because the game is a face roll and too "Casual" or "No Endgame".

ZoS will never please the whole playerbase. But the few hundred on the forums will still equip their tin foil hats and grab their pitchforks.

I got my pitchforks ready!!
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got my pitchforks ready!!

If I could open a shop the day before Natch Potes hit and sell them, I could be retired by now.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the main problem? Magic users have to use staves?

That is like me getting upset because my stamina player has to use swords/daggers/etc
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is like me getting upset because my stamina player has to use swords/daggers/etc

You can delete your stamina characters lol, I think you haven't read the patch notes buddy
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The main problem is in the patch notes. They nerfed sustain across the board, a bit too much. It's essentially toast.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the Max/Min players that mind it. all others people that play the game for fun will adapt to it and play as nothing has happened. The game will not get ruined by a numbers changing.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I try to avoid making stupid posts complaining about changes. I just adapt and play, life's too short to cry about changes in a game.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You don't know how it will affect your gameplay and experience because the patch isn't live yet. You can only guess/make assumptions.
    Edited by Izaki on April 18, 2017 3:28PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    Only the Max/Min players that mind it. all others people that play the game for fun will adapt to it and play as nothing has happened. The game will not get ruined by a numbers changing.

Hahahhaha you're so wrong.

The elite players will be the only one capable of adapting.

The casuals will run out of resources after 5 skills, please read the patch nothes before you spread non sense.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kay1 wrote: »

You can delete your stamina characters lol, I think you haven't read the patch notes buddy

That's lies, stamina will arguably have better sustain than magicka with less sacrifices to damage.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kay1 wrote: »
    kongkim wrote: »

Hahahhaha you're so wrong.

The elite players will be the only one capable of adapting.

The casuals will run out of resources after 5 skills, please read the patch nothes before you spread non sense.

I don't think so. Most casual players don't really care for it, and play with what they get served. Its not the numbers that make the game for many people its the game content. So no i don't think im wrong.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will we survive? Of course we will, but a templar healer was my main toon and they just ruined her for no reason. She was already underpowered compared to Dks and sorcs, now she's just flat out useless in any real content.

I think everyone has a right to be upset when they spent hours on a character, money even and the game devs give us the middle finger so they can make more money off the warden class. Now I probably won't even be able to enter a Vet dungeon if anyone sees I am a templar healer instead of a sorc or warden
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This.

Oh no! You have to grab a staff! The humanity! Maybe if you grabbed one earlier you woundn't need to run a ridiculous amount of regen in the first place.

Let's be real ... you were never playing how you wanted to begin with. You were playing the way your spreadsheet was telling you was the mathematically best way to play. Now that the math is working out differently you're freaking out. Just give it some time, swap a few abilities and you'll be fine.
    If I had grabbed one earlier? Are you being willfully ignorant?

You know what... I'm not even going to bother with you.

As the morning crawls on, I'm losing my will to care about this game at a faster and faster pace...

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    Will we survive? Of course we will, but a templar healer was my main toon and they just ruined her for no reason. She was already underpowered compared to Dks and sorcs, now she's just flat out useless in any real content.

I think everyone has a right to be upset when they spent hours on a character, money even and the game devs give us the middle finger so they can make more money off the warden class. Now I probably won't even be able to enter a Vet dungeon if anyone sees I am a templar healer instead of a sorc or warden
    @coop500

This post would be really good if it was satire.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The main problem is in the patch notes. They nerfed sustain across the board, a bit too much. It's essentially toast.

Sustain was always overrated and a significant majority of people ran way more than what was necessary. You can play any content in this game with sub 1000 regen if you heavy attack enough.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I survived the CU (Combat Upgrade) AND the NGE (New Game Enhancements) in SWG. Nothing can suprise me anymore. I am sure I can adapt and survive the Morrowind update.
    Edited by Knootewoot on April 18, 2017 3:54PM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This.

If I had grabbed one earlier? Are you being willfully ignorant?

You know what... I'm not even going to bother with you.

As the morning crawls on, I'm losing my will to care about this game at a faster and faster pace...

What am I being willfully ignorant of? You're one of the few people who has been playing on console just as long as I have. You should be welcoming changes that keep things interesting.

The worst thing that will possibly happen is that the main trials times will be slower. The world is not ending. You just need to adjust. Do you really not have 500 pieces of end game gear just lying around in your bank looking to be used? Give something new a try.
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just read the patch notes; I actually like this patch. Sounds like you might have to think a little bit instead of systematically smashing buttons.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sky-is-falling-gif.gif

o.O
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Enough with your holier then thou preaching.