The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka Sorcs lol

mb10
mb10
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
(A PVP perspective and a non zerg perspective)

Lets balance the game and remove the "easy mode" option.

This class IS unbalanced compared to every other magicka class.

The shield stacking is beyond ridiculous
You cannot crit through shields and no, I will not run shield breaker because that set is offered to stamina users.
The unlimited streaks is probably even worse.
Most the skills dont even have an animation to cast anymore especially crystal frags

The stamina classes more or less perform almost as well as each other and I like to believe the magicka classes do too with mag nb at a bit of a disadvantage but I think that depends on the player.

Its not a l2p issue because I have a mag sorc myself, I drop mag sorcs on my other classes and Im sure most people do but they are definitely over powered at the moment.

I make this thread becuase Im assuming there will be patch notes soon for Morrowind and I would really consider ZOS to review the mag sorcs performance.

Your opinion?

• Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm noticing the distinct taste of uninhibited bias in your dish. Try cooking at a lower temperature, and removing the bias.

After that, you might make it on Master Chef...

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

Options
  • MrBrandon
    MrBrandon
    ✭✭✭
    I'm noticing the distinct taste of uninhibited bias in your dish. Try cooking at a lower temperature, and removing the bias.

"The shield stacking is beyond ridiculous" I couldn't agree more.
    Options
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the doubling cost of streak—make shields critable, increase duration of shields to 10s—and do nothing else because damage is going down next patch anyway.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Uriel_Nocturne

Im trying! Not enough people selling the recipes for me to learn how to on the guild stores

Nerf guild stores! We need a central trading system

(Am I improving or nah?)
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a MagSorc and i still get rekt. Its the way you play it. All that warding and cursing and bunny hopping..
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this like...the third "nerf mag sorc" thread on the recent threads page? Yall need to just post your rage in one thread already.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only a couple of months ago people were complaining of how bad sorcerer is in PvP. Since then there was a slight buff to curse and pets but no buff to shields. L2P issue maybe?
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf magsorc! nerf magplar !
    Options
  • Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    Unlimited streaks? Lol. Streak isn't even working at the moment.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fasold666 wrote: »
    Unlimited streaks? Lol. Streak isn't even working at the moment.

Some very new people weren't around for the perma-streak Ezareth days...

https://youtu.be/6GjwRMPYkzc

So they make ill-considered and frankly dumb suggestions, like allowing infinite streak again. Or critable shields on someone with only light armor on...
    Options
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unlimited streaks? LOL!

So if I have unlimited streaks then why is it that every time I try to escape a zerg, they are right on top of me because of gapclose spam? I run out of magicka before their stam/mag pool reaches 80%.

Tell ya what, you get on a mag sorc and ill get on my medium armor stam sorc and we'll have a race ;)
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can pack 44 k magic and can get four streaks in a row and then with a delay a fifth. Wow five is unlimited... who knew. Also I think we can all agree all of the one v xers are sorcs. Force siphon and then ??? Oh I know... no one.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm you realize Magicka Sorcs have been doing this *since the game was released 3 years ago*... So nothing new, and nothing that needs to be changed.
    Options
  • quake89
    quake89
    ✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

You cannot crit through shields and no, I will not run shield breaker because that set is offered to stamina users.
    Most the skills dont even have an animation to cast anymore especially crystal frags

The stamina classes more or less perform almost as well as each other and I like to believe the magicka classes do too with mag nb at a bit of a disadvantage but I think that depends on the player.

Its not a l2p issue because I have a mag sorc myself, I drop mag sorcs on my other classes and Im sure most people do but they are definitely over powered at the moment.

I make this thread becuase Im assuming there will be patch notes soon for Morrowind and I would really consider ZOS to review the mag sorcs performance.

Your opinion?

OP would you like some salt with them tears ? Or would you like me to go get the world's smallest violin and play to you.

Either way if you time your burst effectively then there's no issues of killing a sorc or any other magic class that stacks shields.

PC -EU
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil wrote: »
    Isn't this like...the third "nerf mag sorc" thread on the recent threads page? Yall need to just post your rage in one thread already.
    The thing is sorcerer was nerfed once (so as the other classes). But apparently not enough... 90 % of cyrodill PvP population are mag sorceress for a reason (btw. what kind of class balance is this ?). It is probably the only class in eso that can go full DPS and still be a tank...

Spamming only 3 skills:
    1 - Streak - to stun other players and escape (if necessary) faster than a sprinting mount.
    2 - Haunting Curse - to deal enormous dmg (twice) just by spamming 1 button (basically it is fire & forget skill, and additionally it puts you out of stealth - even if it there is nothing like that in skill description).
    3 - Conjured Ward (and its mophs) - This is just hilarious skill. It allows you tu have a stack-able dmg shield that absorbs ridiculously high dmg. 15 people chases you ? No problem ! Just spam this dmg shield and they can't do nothing about it...

In short: sorcerer has highest magical dps, good if not best mobility, dmg shield so you are still tanky (and you don't sacrifice DPS for it) and additionally you can easily stun other players (for comparison NB's Ambush used to stun other players but it was "too much" and now it only snares).

The share numbers of this "nerf sorcerer" threads just shows us how ridiculous OP sorcerer when compared to other classes. If this was a balanced class people would not complain about it.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 7, 2017 5:02PM
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    quake89 wrote: »

Your opinion?

OP would you like some salt with them tears ? Or would you like me to go get the world's smallest violin and play to you.

Either way if you time your burst effectively then there's no issues of killing a sorc or any other magic class that stacks shields.

@quake89

Lmao i have no trouble killing them the annoying thing is them running away the same way your ex keeps running away from your lame ass
    Options
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The thing is sorcerer was nerfed once (so as the other classes). But apparently not enough... 90 % of cyrodill PvP population are mag sorceress for a reason (btw. what kind of class balance is this ?). It is probably the only class in eso that can go full DPS and still be a tank...

Spamming only 3 skills:
    1 - Streak - to stun other players and escape (if necessary) faster than a sprinting mount.
    2 - Haunting Curse - to deal enormous dmg (twice) just by spamming 1 button (basically it is fire & forget skill, and additionally it puts you out of stealth - even if it there is nothing like that in skill description).
    3 - Conjured Ward (and its mophs) - This is just hilarious skill. It allows you tu have a stack-able dmg shield that absorbs ridiculously high dmg. 15 people chases you ? No problem ! Just spam this dmg shield and they can't do nothing about it...

In short: sorcerer has highest magical dps, good if not best mobility, dmg shield so you are still tanky (and you don't sacrifice DPS for it) and additionally you can easily stun other players (for comparison NB's Ambush used to stun other players but it was "too much" and now it only snares).

The share numbers of this "nerf sorcerer" threads just shows us how ridiculous OP sorcerer when compared to other classes. If this was a balanced class people would not complain about it.

You have obviously never played a Sorcerer if you think streak is faster than a 60 speed sprinting mount, curse can be spammed, and 1 ward will protect you from 15 people.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on April 7, 2017 5:07PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭

Your opinion?

The mag sorc has been nerfed, I'm the ground to what they were in their hay day. Every time a sorc is nerfed because of the PvP cry babies it gets run through the mud for pve. As the best ranged dps for trials.

Learn to play and time your stuns, shields only last 6 seconds thanks to the crybabies. C frags have a random chance to proc you might get 3 back to back and not get any for the rest of fight.

So no sorcs do not need to be looked at any further. It's a l2p issue
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spamming only 3 skills:

90% of Cyrodiil's population is Sorcerers? I disagree. There have always been more Nightblades, than any other class in Cyrodiil. And I do mean always. They are by far the most prevalent and popular class. As for why? Because of their kit, and players loving the whole rogue and sneak playstyle.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on April 7, 2017 5:18PM
    Options
  • KingKush
    KingKush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stopped reading at "unlimited streaks." Streak is currently broken and gets me killed at least once everyday in Cyrodil. You also complained about shield stacking yet shields have not been touched in ANY recent patch.

You are clearly biased and yes, this is a L2P issue.
    Xbox NA
    GT: Live Like Kure
    King Kush-MagSorc
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are only a handful of Sorcs PC/NA that make this class look like God mode. Most seem balanced-ish except for that obnoxious new version of Curse which is more annoying than anything.

I tried mSorc for a while and found that I was trash at it. It feels really strong in PvE to me but in PvP I get rekt.

Shield stacking and Pirate Skeleton are the specifically OP tools used by mSorc IMO and should definitely be toned down somehow.
    Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this thread hahahaha
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because zos is stupid as *** and never fixed the actual problem of shield stacking. It's not that *** hard to listen to feedback. But no, instead they gave us annoying 6 second shields, PLUS an extra one to also mitigate physical damage. Nice one zos.

Signed, a main magic sorc.
    Options
  • arasysb14_ESO
    arasysb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you are the one asking for easy mode here since magicka sorcerers have enough weaknesses/disadvantages

lol.
    Its obviously a l2p issue because I probably have a low level mag sorc alt myself, and I assume I can drop mag sorcs on my other classes and Im sure most people do but I still don't know what I am talking about as I have no clue about how mag sorc skills work.

fixed it for you.
    Your opinion?

L2P and stop complaining about a class that's somewhat fixed after 2 years.
    Arasys Llanor, CP 800+ Magicka Sorcerer NA

Please do not use the same Fallout 76 engine for TES VI
    Options
  • ATEK302
    ATEK302

Brah, that is classic!
    Options
  • ATEK302
    ATEK302

Spamming only 3 skills:

People will always find something to complain about. This new generation of people are all entitled pampered beetches
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have obviously never played a Sorc. A stamina user in full medium armor has more than enough regular sprint speed to catch up to a streaking Sorc. And a Sorc that streaks more than two times in a row gets completely out of magicka, so they are essentially dead if you can catch up to them.

This is a Sorc core skill. Other classes have OP core skills such as this one. It's called BALANCE.
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KingKush wrote: »
    Stopped reading at "unlimited streaks." Streak is currently broken and gets me killed at least once everyday in Cyrodil. You also complained about shield stacking yet shields have not been touched in ANY recent patch.

You are clearly biased and yes, this is a L2P issue.

@KingKush

You read most the post by then so gf lmao
    Options
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lmaoooo, honestly what gives with people and their Nerf sorcs?? Back in 2015 sorcs were unkillable beasts, then the shields got reduced in pvp, the steak cost multiplier, then 6 second shields. Then got a slight buff and EVERYONE LOSES THEIR MINDS.

Obviously people want sorcs to be on par with target skeletons because they stray from their "small group" of 10 people and try to solo that sorc in the distance, away from all the zergs, and end up getting packed up.

Or they wear heavy armor (dps loss) get packed up because the sorc in the distance has over 18k penetration.

The real enemy here are the unkillable heavy armor snb magplar wearing 5 reactive and 5 black rose. Unless you are one....

I'll be done when people threaten to drown zenimax with tears unless they remove conjured ward and replace it with a "cast a big bullseye on your character so crying pugs can get a kill for once"
    Edited by LuminaLilly on April 7, 2017 6:28PM
    Options
  • Sheva I 7 I
    Sheva I 7 I
    ✭✭✭✭
    seriously quit nagging, nerf this nerf that. Learn your rotation and a strategy, don't just mash buttons and think you are top pvper. if you are having issues with sorcs, its because you are stupid pug who can't time his ccs and burst right (especially with 2h stamina pvp build
    Options