The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka Sorcs lol

• Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Only a couple of months ago people were complaining of how bad sorcerer is in PvP. Since then there was a slight buff to curse and pets but no buff to shields. L2P issue maybe?

It's because the majority of people are sheep. Someone said mSorc was bad after the nerf and a bunch of people just followed suit. The class was never bad.

My buddy (who doesn't really play anymore) mained a Sorc and he never really even noticed the nerf when it happened and his play was barely altered.
    Edited by Smmokkee on April 7, 2017 6:38PM
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magika Sorcs have been top tier in PvP and PvE since the origin of this game. For some reason ZoS loves them.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certainly not the first complaint thread about shield stacking ... and certainly not the last.
  • KingKush
    KingKush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »
    Magika Sorcs have been top tier in PvP and PvE since the origin of this game. For some reason ZoS loves them.

Are you really gonna sit here and act like Stamina builds didn't dominate everything for a long period of time at one point?

Come on now
    Xbox NA
    GT: Live Like Kure
    King Kush-MagSorc
  • quake89
    quake89
    ✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    quake89 wrote: »
    (A PVP perspective and a non zerg perspective)

Lets balance the game and remove the "easy mode" option.

This class IS unbalanced compared to every other magicka class.

The shield stacking is beyond ridiculous
    You cannot crit through shields and no, I will not run shield breaker because that set is offered to stamina users.
    The unlimited streaks is probably even worse.
    Most the skills dont even have an animation to cast anymore especially crystal frags

The stamina classes more or less perform almost as well as each other and I like to believe the magicka classes do too with mag nb at a bit of a disadvantage but I think that depends on the player.

Its not a l2p issue because I have a mag sorc myself, I drop mag sorcs on my other classes and Im sure most people do but they are definitely over powered at the moment.

I make this thread becuase Im assuming there will be patch notes soon for Morrowind and I would really consider ZOS to review the mag sorcs performance.

Your opinion?

OP would you like some salt with them tears ? Or would you like me to go get the world's smallest violin and play to you.

Either way if you time your burst effectively then there's no issues of killing a sorc or any other magic class that stacks shields.

@quake89

Lmao i have no trouble killing them the annoying thing is them running away the same way your ex keeps running away from your lame ass

They why can this whole forum hear your desperate cries of "NERF" from half way across cyrodiil as you repeatedly fail to kill mag sorcs.

The points you raised are not even relevant right now shields were not even buffed and streak is still broken and you still come on here and rage type for attention like a 3 year old that cant break into the biscuit tin.

I generally feel that your time might better be served getting good than rage typing nonsense because you were beat by a better player

Enjoy the 5 minutes of fame my good fellow :)
    PC -EU
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You cannot crit through shields and no, I will not run shield breaker because that set is offered to stamina users.
    Most the skills dont even have an animation to cast anymore especially crystal frags

The stamina classes more or less perform almost as well as each other and I like to believe the magicka classes do too with mag nb at a bit of a disadvantage but I think that depends on the player.

Its not a l2p issue because I have a mag sorc myself, I drop mag sorcs on my other classes and Im sure most people do but they are definitely over powered at the moment.

I make this thread becuase Im assuming there will be patch notes soon for Morrowind and I would really consider ZOS to review the mag sorcs performance.

Your opinion?

OP would you like some salt with them tears ? Or would you like me to go get the world's smallest violin and play to you.

Either way if you time your burst effectively then there's no issues of killing a sorc or any other magic class that stacks shields.

@quake89

Lmao i have no trouble killing them the annoying thing is them running away the same way your ex keeps running away from your lame ass

They why can this whole forum hear your desperate cries of "NERF" from half way across cyrodiil as you repeatedly fail to kill mag sorcs.

The points you raised are not even relevant right now shields were not even buffed and streak is still broken and you still come on here and rage type for attention like a 3 year old that cant break into the biscuit tin.

I generally feel that your time might better be served getting good than rage typing nonsense because you were beat by a better player

@quake89

LOL who's serving the salt now? You tried to rattle me and I got you back with the one liner and now you're trying to act mature as if you're above all of this.

Also your first words made NO sense, I must have really unsettled you with my last comment lmao
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about learning to play before calling for nerfs?
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Surak73 wrote: »

@Surak73 but Im better than you and probably 20 years younger too?
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingKush wrote: »

Are you really gonna sit here and act like Stamina builds didn't dominate everything for a long period of time at one point?

Come on now
    Game been out for 3 years majority of that time the game was called Elder robes online for a reason. Stam was ahead magica in one aspect for 6 months. Magic builds have always dominated the game and that won't change again for another 2 years.
    Edited by KingJ on April 7, 2017 8:32PM
  • quake89
    quake89
    ✭✭✭

Your opinion?

@quake89

@quake89

LOL who's serving the salt now? You tried to rattle me and I got you back with the one liner and now you're trying to act mature as if you're above all of this.

Also your first words made NO sense, I must have really unsettled you with my last comment lmao

No salt here you have more than the red sea ;).

Just merely pointing out the fact you could be using your time in a constructive matter than spam the forum with yet more tripe that's unneeded.

It clearly is a l2p issue on your behalf. Maybe if your unwilling to adapt or become better at this game a change of game is in order.

Or if you do intend to spam the forums with threads you actually contribute to the general well being of this game and point out the flaws / bugs such as the one with streak, the maelstrom bow, the movement debuff bug as your stuck in a falling animation need i go on ...
    PC -EU
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭

Better than me? I doubt... Younger than me? Well, yes, I would say at least 35 years younger, seeing your calling for nerfs afters some rekts... :smile:
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ony thing that we need to discuss here is a "dislike"; "horrible"; "irrelevant" buttons for people that have no idea (like you.

No need to cry, just get good.

PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1mvl04.gif
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please leave sorcs alone, kk? Thanks.

I play magsorc as my main, I havent done much PvP in months, mainly due to the lag, it's just not fun....

Anyway, every time I'm in Cyrodiil and I'm pvping, if I stack full damage I run out of mana quickly.... insanely quickly.... that could just be me, idk I don't PvP a ton since its always too laggy and mixed with my own personal lag I'll pass....

Problem is though, people always want sorcs nerfed in PvP. As a result we get them nerfed in PvE as well and it isnt right. They base the classes in this game mainly due to PvP.

Here's how it goes....

1: Buff the class for PvE, makes OP in PvP
    2: Nerfs the class for PvP, makes it useless in PvE.
    3: Rinse and repeat until they finally realize they need to balance the two separately.

The only way that PvP and PvE can be balanced together is if both of them can and are done at the same time. In ESO though they're separated, so therefore the balancing should be as well.... They need sets and traits separated into PvP and PvE categories and one cannot be used for the other..... Otherwise we get what we have now, OP, worthless, OP, worthless, OP, worthless.... you get the idea....
    Edited by DeadlyPhoenix on April 7, 2017 9:05PM
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Fine, Learn to Play

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Crying...
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP: "Most the skills dont even have an animation to cast anymore especially crystal frags."

Me: "Why the hell does frags almost never proc?"

We humans are really good at seeing only the parts of the picture we want to see, especially when it makes us look like the underdog.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another angry and depressed PVPer thread <--- tagged for easier future searching
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unlimited steak? - Translates to 4 or 5 streaks then out of all resources..

Shield Stacking - With a massive length (sarcasm font) of 6 seconds adding a second shield onto it leaves you whopping 3-4 seconds for an attack before you'd need to start the whole restacking process again. (Let's not mention you can just CC them once or twice and then they're out of stamina taking a breather on the ground)

Animations - Since when have their been animations to rely on for anything at all in pvp?

I suggest you try playing a magicka sorc before you start crying wolf and you'll find out exactly how many ways you can kill one.
    love is love
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on now

Stamina is and will always be garbage compared to Magika.

The only reason they could temporarily compete was because of: Proc Sets and VMA weapons.

Until they release viable AoE Stamina abilities and viable Stamina based shields, Magika will always be the better option.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to nerf sorcs, feel free to start with negate, the only actually broken skill in the game. Thank you.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on now

The only reason they could temporarily compete was because of: Proc Sets and VMA weapons.

Until they release viable AoE Stamina abilities and viable Stamina based shields, Magika will always be the better option.

Odd. When I left the game two years-ish ago, everyone was complaining Magica was overpowered. When I came back almost exactly a year ago, everyone was complaining Stam had completely overpowered Magica and that Magica was basically non-viable. And that was well-before Heavy Armor got buffed or before Proc Sets became the new boogyman. Now, we're back to complaining that Magica is OP and pretending we never though Stam was OP.

It's hard to keep up.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on April 8, 2017 1:25AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭

Your opinion?

Unlimited steaks when? At the moment with the nice bug streak got half of my dead are cause by that skill not working...but beside that it's long passed the time a sorc could streak to the other side of the map.

Beside crystal frag proc if you don't see any animation is just animations/canceling like any stamina can do for most skills.
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would consider myself one of the best Mag Sorcerers on Xbone NA. And yet i have great competitive 1 v 1s with players of all classes stamina and magicka...

Shields while annoying in 1v1s greatly lose their effectiveness as incoming attacks increase, unlike rolling and blocking. In fact blocking while a shield is up causes you to lose stamina despite not mitigating damage. And it lasts 6 seconds... And when they are down... LoL

I honestly get killed the least by Magicka Sorcs. Much more so by incaps, power of light, multi gap closer spams, infi roots, and fear.

If you know how to deal with a Sorcerer's curse and frags all you have to withstand is that laughable 3k force pulse
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka sorc is the best and only set up for sorc tho :P
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    The amount of sorcs in this forum is ridiculous, if you have problems while playing sorcs just got gud,currently is easy mode and that's why every non sorcs is complaining those days
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlimited streaks LUL
    PC | EU
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on now

Lol.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just have to apologize to everyone. When I PVPed last night, I had no Idea I would proc this many inane forum tantrums about Sorcs...

:lol: blaaaah! Sorcs can instantly kill everyone with lightning that shoots out of their backsides, move at the speed or light forever, and are invulnerable to damage!!

• Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭

Better than me? I doubt... Younger than me? Well, yes, I would say at least 35 years younger, seeing your calling for nerfs afters some rekts... :smile:

Well surak,we're in the same guild and I can say that I'm better than you (PvP wise at least), and I still say that sorcs is over the top. Not calling for a nerf,but hell,it's so easy to play a msorc that I feel guilty when I log mine
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Only a couple of months ago people were complaining of how bad sorcerer is in PvP. Since then there was a slight buff to curse and pets but no buff to shields. L2P issue maybe?

Yeah this roughly what's going on. Haunting Curse became a thing. The rest of Sorc buffs were all about pets. Destro Passives were also changed so that can be considered a buff to Sorcs. I don't know why so many people have trouble with Sorcs recently.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade