The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Sorcs lol

• Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear to sithis I died two years ago and I'm cursed to read the same nerf sorc thread over and over again. There's no change to the content in these things; it's the same worn-out QQ, troll responses, and "smart and thoughtful" defenses

Every

Single

Time

Does anyone even use the search bar? Does anyone even care if there is already a thread on it? These aren't serious questions because of course no one does. Even the most helpful person in this thread is just here to rub their own "community helper" ego. Even I'm just another fetching copy of some other fed up player meta-ranting about nerf threads.

I haven't even read the first post of thread but here are the bullet points, yay:

-Sorcs op cause high defense/movement/burst and no sacrifice
    -Sorc not op cause shield nerf/streak nerf/surge nerf
    -Sorc op because destro/overload ult
    -Sorc not op cause all mag class use destro and overload nerfy nerfed
    -Something something shield breaker
    -Something something spooky skelemask set
    -Dark deal needs nerf
    -Curse can be purged
    -RAGE RAGE SHIELD STACKING, ME WANT CRIT
    -But pets are useless...

See you next patch!
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf streak some more
    Nerf shields some more

Might aswell ask zos to remove the class

gg :neutral:
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    incite wrote: »
    Nerf streak some more
    Nerf shields some more

Might aswell ask zos to remove the class

gg :neutral:

nerf dark deal
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make shields critable (won't just effect sorcs but many classes)

Remove shield stacking

I play only sorc these days and i would be happy with these changes.

Wish they would tone down the nerf they did to streak and shield timing though. 10 sec shields seems reasonable, would help a lot in pve as well.

I'll still stand there refreshing my 15k shield in pvp (50k magika) while you slap away though.
  • Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    If you csnt burst through a sorcs shield expecially as a stam class then your doing something horribly wrong
  • Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    KingKush wrote: »
    Neighbor wrote: »
    Magika Sorcs have been top tier in PvP and PvE since the origin of this game. For some reason ZoS loves them.

Are you really gonna sit here and act like Stamina builds didn't dominate everything for a long period of time at one point?

Come on now
    Game been out for 3 years majority of that time the game was called Elder robes online for a reason. Stam was ahead magica in one aspect for 6 months. Magic builds have always dominated the game and that won't change again for another 2 years.

Ok your full of crap. I play stam nb magic sorc stam sorc (that is clearly the strongest) and magic dk and stam dk. Stamina classes 90% of the time eso has been released has been the strongest
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you csnt burst through a sorcs shield expecially as a stam class then your doing something horribly wrong

It's impossible to burst through a sorc shield as a magicka build though you either have to attack there stamina pool and hope they didn't invest in stamina or wait for them to drop their shields out of complacency
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a 600 cp magicka sorc build as well, and I agree that the class is OP'ed compared to other magicka builds.

In this meta, I blame it mostly on haunting curse though - revert that, and I think the class is quite fine.

Make haunting curse blockable again and remove that secondary explosion. The empowerment of this ability was just plain dumb.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    DA FECK IS GOIN ON WITH THESE FORUMS LATELY?!?!

Christ on a cracker I take a short hiatus from the forums and come back to nerf sorc after nerf sorc thread.

So for the anti-sorc brigade, allow me to share Makkir's list for surviving sorcs:

1) Stop potato'ing
    2) Don't lemming off a keep wall on your mount when there's a sorc down below
    3) Don't follow the sorc under Alessia Bridge
    4) Don't follow the sorc around the rocks
    5) Don't stand on purple glowy things
    6) Take off the cheese and put on some survivability
    7) Try snares

So basically don't fight a sorc. I don't know why it's so hard for sorc mains to admit that the class they play is OP when combined with sets and cp

The Magicka sorc community is clearly the the loudest and most immature on the forums. No one is allow to have an opinion on their class but they can dictate balance on others.

When the accusations lack general understanding of the class and mechanics of the game the defending party has to adress the prosecutor in a way they might understand.

People are screaming nerf sorcs because pirate skeleton and harness magica are broken. It does not make much sense.

How about nerfing frikkin pirate skeleton and harness magica and see how "op" sorcs are without those.
    Edited by Derra on April 12, 2017 1:19PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magika Sorcs have been top tier in PvP and PvE since the origin of this game. For some reason ZoS loves them.

I guess you slept through Dark Brotherhood? Sorcs were the least played class by FAR. And we haven't been top tier PvP since IC. Heavy armor trollplars and stamplars and grothaar mag dks are MUCH more effective

People didn't play sorcs because they thought the shield and crit surge changes ruined their class before actually playing on Live to to see if they actually did. Check out those signature on the PTS forums whining about "RIP main sorc, ruined by Wrobel."

Then some actually good and patient players kept at sorcs, demonstrated they still were perfectly fine and powerful, and now many people are back on the bandwagon, even though the shield nerf and crit surge things are still "ruined" by Wrobel..
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you really gonna sit here and act like Stamina builds didn't dominate everything for a long period of time at one point?

Come on now
    Game been out for 3 years majority of that time the game was called Elder robes online for a reason. Stam was ahead magica in one aspect for 6 months. Magic builds have always dominated the game and that won't change again for another 2 years.

Ok your full of crap. I play stam nb magic sorc stam sorc (that is clearly the strongest) and magic dk and stam dk. Stamina classes 90% of the time eso has been released has been the strongest
    @Dk_needs_a_buff ok kid pull up a chair its time for a history lesson. You most definitely Don't know what your talking about.So I will assume you started the game around console release where all classes were in a decent spot expect Magdk and stamplar and Stan sorc. When the game first released on PC even if your a console players that's original release. During that time stam was almost non existence. We had no morphs,light armor had the same resistances as heavy,Only heal stam had was rally. This lasted until 1.6.Almost a year into the game. Few months later consoles Released happened. Even then Magsorc was the best class in the game by far. Magplar was really good there as well not as good as pass magplar but better than before the last patch.It wasn't until Dark brotherhood released that Stam was every better than magic. Even than magplar was better than stamplar.

The game was almost 2 years old around DB. That's when stambuilds arguably was better than stambuilds. Expect for in pve magic will always be king of pve. Learn the history of the game before you make false claims like that.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess you slept through Dark Brotherhood? Sorcs were the least played class by FAR. And we haven't been top tier PvP since IC. Heavy armor trollplars and stamplars and grothaar mag dks are MUCH more effective

People didn't play sorcs because they thought the shield and crit surge changes ruined their class before actually playing on Live to to see if they actually did. Check out those signature on the PTS forums whining about "RIP main sorc, ruined by Wrobel."

Then some actually good and patient players kept at sorcs, demonstrated they still were perfectly fine and powerful, and now many people are back on the bandwagon, even though the shield nerf and crit surge things are still "ruined" by Wrobel..

Critsurge is pretty mediocre nowadays though.

I can´t tell the difference playing with surge or entropy nowadays whereas prior to the change i definetly preferred surge.
    <Noricum>

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I can´t tell the difference playing with surge or entropy nowadays whereas prior to the change i definetly preferred surge.

I don't think it ever was reliable on a mag sorc.

On a stam sorc with Hurricane, it is ridiculously powerful.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope other Sorcs don't burn be at the stake for this but...

I definitely prefer the new surge to the old one. It's reliable, consistent, and strong enough.

With boundless storm up and gap closer spammers you're always having it tick for you. And contrary to popular belief it works against damage shields. I guess it incorporates when you would have crit.

I actually liked the Dark brotherhood patch looking back to it. It got rid of the crutches, and those experienced with the class had no problem adapting, those that weren't jumped to the next bandwagon.

As for where we stand right now... I think the destro staff 8% pushed us a little over the top, and I believe sets and CP are too strong right now. But I don't think the class is broken. We're just unique, which is a good thing. Everyone stacks crit and penetration to kill the meta tanks, then complains they can't kill Sorcerers. Well you don't kill every class with the same tools... Spriggan and spinner are amazing sets but the 5th piece is useless against Sorcs. If you want a well rounded PvP setup you have to incorporate everything that you'll have. Dots don't work on Templars, projectiles don't work on Mag Dk's, crit doesn't work on Sorcs, and good luck finding that Nightblade. Adapt.
    Edited by Jsmalls on April 12, 2017 2:29PM
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    When sorc ditches magicka, it's no longer sorc
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crit Surge + Overload = Muahahahahahabaha back then. Oh I hit you? Thanks for the 10k heal!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Come on now

Dk_needs_a_buff ok kid pull up a chair its time for a history lesson. You most definitely Don't know what your talking about.So I will assume you started the game around console release where all classes were in a decent spot expect Magdk and stamplar and Stan sorc. When the game first released on PC even if your a console players that's original release. During that time stam was almost non existence. We had no morphs,light armor had the same resistances as heavy,Only heal stam had was rally. This lasted until 1.6.Almost a year into the game. Few months later consoles Released happened. Even then Magsorc was the best class in the game by far. Magplar was really good there as well not as good as pass magplar but better than before the last patch.It wasn't until Dark brotherhood released that Stam was every better than magic. Even than magplar was better than stamplar.

The game was almost 2 years old around DB. That's when stambuilds arguably was better than stambuilds. Expect for in pve magic will always be king of pve. Learn the history of the game before you make false claims like that.

In 1.6 Sorc was at best on par with stamNB. magTemp was considered one of the worst classes, just better than stamSorc and maybe magDK.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I ran it with thief + fire heavies back in the day over 60% critchance. It worked great.

Stamsorc is a different beast and if magica sorc could access any vaible dot abilities it would be great aswell. But they can´t.
    <Noricum>

• Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Christ on a cracker I take a short hiatus from the forums and come back to nerf sorc after nerf sorc thread.

So for the anti-sorc brigade, allow me to share Makkir's list for surviving sorcs:

1) Stop potato'ing
    7) Try snares

So basically don't fight a sorc. I don't know why it's so hard for sorc mains to admit that the class they play is OP when combined with sets and cp

The Magicka sorc community is clearly the the loudest and most immature on the forums. No one is allow to have an opinion on their class but they can dictate balance on others.

When the accusations lack general understanding of the class and mechanics of the game the defending party has to adress the prosecutor in a way they might understand.

People are screaming nerf sorcs because pirate skeleton and harness magica are broken. It does not make much sense.

How about nerfing frikkin pirate skeleton and harness magica and see how "op" sorcs are without those.

I never said to nerf anything other than the shield stacking machanic in exchange for the old duration of shields again, but i've noticed that when ever anyone has an opinion about mag sorcs you guys are the loudest, and IDK why. When on the topic of other classes people are objective.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on April 12, 2017 7:04PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Stop potato'ing
    7) Try snares

I never said to nerf anything other than the shield stacking machanic in exchange for the old duration of shields again, but i've noticed that when ever anyone has an opinion about mag sorcs you guys are the loudest, and IDK why. When on the topic of other classes people are objective.

I´ve not seen too many objective stamblades back when dodgeroll didn´t have a cost increase tbh :tongue:

Also most of the nerf topics are absolutely over the top. It´s people wanting to nerf mines, shields, sets finisher and curse all at the same time. There is no reasonable approach or argument made what about sorcs is overperforming (actually almost all reasonable arguments as to why and what could be done about magsorcs without breaking the class is brought up by long time magsorc players imo).
    Which is why there are no reasonable arguments made to defend the class.

Also sorc and NB whines are are partly fueled by l2p issues. I can link a few sorc forum haters to their chars. And when someones first reaction nowadays when getting soulassaulted is to dodge two times and then burst into blue flames. That´s not a sorc issue.
    <Noricum>

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not too many people played magplar in 1.6 ,was so few that you knew just about everyone who played one & most only played a healer.

I'd say I'd take a few things back over the current magplar, those new to magplar don't know how good some of the things we use to have was.

In 1.6 Sorcs and NBs happened to be top notch while everyone said Magdk & magplar was "unplayable" before that you had dks & light armor dominating.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why do ppl that have been here for 3 yrs waste time arguing with potatoes?

1n5hqv.jpg
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Stop potato'ing
    7) Try snares

I´ve not seen too many objective stamblades back when dodgeroll didn´t have a cost increase tbh :tongue:

Also most of the nerf topics are absolutely over the top. It´s people wanting to nerf mines, shields, sets finisher and curse all at the same time. There is no reasonable approach or argument made what about sorcs is overperforming (actually almost all reasonable arguments as to why and what could be done about magsorcs without breaking the class is brought up by long time magsorc players imo).
    Which is why there are no reasonable arguments made to defend the class.

Also sorc and NB whines are are partly fueled by l2p issues. I can link a few sorc forum haters to their chars. And when someones first reaction nowadays when getting soulassaulted is to dodge two times and then burst into blue flames. That´s not a sorc issue.

Good point, here I think it helps when people throughly plays a class properly right.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play only sorc and never noticed any change to surge?
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    I play only sorc and never noticed any change to surge?

It was changed 4 or 5 patches ago, the same patch that gave stam sorcs hurricane. It used to heal for a percentage of the crit damage (like 50% or something, can't remember), whereas now it heals for a flat amount regardless of the size of the crit. It also didn't used to proc from dot crits whereas now it does. The resulting effect is that now it heals more often but for less. The change was more noticeable in pve and did actually make surge more reliable and is the main reason sorcs do well in vma. It's also supposed to heal against an opponent with a damage shield, but I can't remember the mechanism for that and I don't know how effective it is.

Edited by FriedEggSandwich on April 13, 2017 2:24AM
    PC | EU
  • brandishsteel
    brandishsteel
    ✭✭✭
    sorc is overpowered , needs a nerf
    Marco Hacker - the best mageblade in the game
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorc is overpowered , needs a nerf

Funny, Why sorc is OP and how sorc should be nerf ?