Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Morrowind Closed Beta Details"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO: Morrowind Closed Beta Details. We're excited to announce that The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind is coming to our Public Test Server in just a couple weeks! Check out the article to learn the details about ESO: Morrowind on the PTS.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    When will invites for the closed beta go out? Is there somewhere we can sign up if interested?
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we have to sign up for it somewhere? Or do we just wait to see if we get picked?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    fioskal wrote: »
    When will invites for the closed beta go out? Is there somewhere we can sign up if interested?

You'll receive an email with your invite once the PTS is available.

code65536 wrote: »
    Do we have to sign up for it somewhere? Or do we just wait to see if we get picked?

There is no sign up, no. You'll just have to wait and be surprised. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some insight into this decision? Is it because you don't want people just playing though all the content in PTS and then not buying the chapter? Or are you trying to refine feedback from more dedicated tester type people instead of letting the whole community snowball over various issues?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it will be longest couple weeks of awaiting for greatest PTS :bawling:
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a set date yet for the pts?
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    dpencil wrote: »
    Can we get some insight into this decision? Is it because you don't want people just playing though all the content in PTS and then not buying the chapter? Or are you trying to refine feedback from more dedicated tester type people instead of letting the whole community snowball over various issues?

Morrowind is a major launch for us, and we are taking it very seriously. This follows our usual practice of having closed betas similar to what we did for ESO’s original launch, as well as the console-specific closed beta prior to console launch. In addition, Morrowind contains a huge new story, and we want to protect that from getting spoiled prior to launch.

Just to reiterate what was in the article, anyone will be able to log into the PTS to help test the base game content; only features included in Morrowind will be invite-only, and don’t forget that participation in previous PTS cycles is a major factor in choosing who will receive invites.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • tarynoysterb14_ESO
    tarynoysterb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Do people with a pre-order for the expac have a higher priority? Is it limited to people who currently have a pre-order for the expac? What about subscription status, is that a factor?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Changes for standart classes (templar, dk, sorc, nb) will be available to test on open pts, right?
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Give me a beta monkey and I will test everything :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does it work when everyone who signs onto the PTS has to agree to an NDA, but the PTS patch notes are published on a public forum?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Fallewarrior
    Fallewarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    So how is this gonna affect pve guilds who want to test the new trial? What if only half of the raid receives an invite?
    Hocus Pocus Grim Focus
    -Fallen | TICK TOCK TORMENTERR | IMMORTAL MEMERR | GRYPHON HEART
    HODOR!

Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)

PC/EU
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how is this gonna affect pve guilds who want to test the new trial? What if only half of the raid receives an invite?
    Gina said that invites are based on previous PTS participation, so if you all got together on PTS to test MoL, I would suspect your chances are quite high for all getting an invite.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Changes for standart classes (templar, dk, sorc, nb) will be available to test on open pts, right?

Correct in the sense that anyone will be able to log in and test those changes, though you will still be required to agree to an NDA.

Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully, you have some strategy to ensure that full groups get in to test the trial fully.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct in the sense that anyone will be able to log in and test those changes, though you will still be required to agree to an NDA.

Stupid question but are bgs considered to be in the base patch or do we have to get an invite for that?
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • mizery63
    mizery63
    Soul Shriven
    I am super excited they have decided to restrict Morrowind in this format. Here's why.
    1. I, a long time ESO advocate and assistant of sorts have been seeking true competition within ESO.
    2. Since 2014's Quakcon Trials Feature Competition, I have been sorta eager to get 2017 back in Quakcon with its release of MORROWIND! And, I am sure it will be.
    3. Please don't complain folks, let ZOS make this version of the game a new experience for all fans of ESO. I can say with shear confidence that there are amazing Devs and players working hard to get this done right. Lastly, look out for Battle-Grounds competition details and more. When it goes live, you can compete with US within Tamriel! :smile: 4.
    Peace see you all in JUNE.
    Edited by mizery63 on April 13, 2017 7:04PM
    The real MIZeRY63. Been here since Launch, competed in trials since Beta, & ran with WKB and many other crews. My guild is one of the longest lasting on NA, PC. We have trained thousands and continue to improve what we do as a guild. See you all on the Battlefield or on the leaderboards, cheers.
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭

So if we don't get an invite we can't discuss class changes on the forums at all? And even if we do, we can only discuss them in the closed forum area? That seems odd since there's usually a lot of forum discussion over class changes, and the info on the changes themselves will be on the patch notes thread anyway.
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will players who have pre ordered TESO: morrowind have a higher chance of being chosen? Or are users chosen by if they were in original beta / pts activities such as DLC releases and mini events?
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: just saw the response about when they are going out.

Hope I get picked! Unlikely but hope!
    Edited by JD2013 on April 5, 2017 5:53PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Do you plan to do a free play weekend before Morrowind launches? At least regarding the base game. I'm asking on behalf of my friends who would like to try the game first before purchasing Morrowind along with the base game...
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Morrowind is a major launch for us, and we are taking it very seriously. This follows our usual practice of having closed betas similar to what we did for ESO’s original launch, as well as the console-specific closed beta prior to console launch. In addition, Morrowind contains a huge new story, and we want to protect that from getting spoiled prior to launch.

Just to reiterate what was in the article, anyone will be able to log into the PTS to help test the base game content; only features included in Morrowind will be invite-only, and don’t forget that participation in previous PTS cycles is a major factor in choosing who will receive invites.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    I think many of my friends would like to know if could you define "participation in previous PTS cycles" a bit more? Is it bugs reported or time spent on PTS or something else?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Do you plan to do a free play weekend before Morrowind launches? At least regarding the base game. I'm asking on behalf of my friends who would like to try the game first before purchasing Morrowind along with the base game...

Yeah. I have one copy on pre-order, but I have more than one account, and am on PC and PS4. I was holding off on the other ones to see Morrowind on PTS before I decided how much I wanted to spend bringing everything up to Morrowind.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if we don't get an invite we can't discuss class changes on the forums at all? And even if we do, we can only discuss them in the closed forum area? That seems odd since there's usually a lot of forum discussion over class changes, and the info on the changes themselves will be on the patch notes thread anyway.
    It's a bit of an odd situation really. Anything that's in the patch notes can't really be subject to the NDA. It would make more sense if only the Morrowind content was under the NDA, and the base game changes weren't.

Iyas wrote: »
    Stupid question but are bgs considered to be in the base patch or do we have to get an invite for that?
    You will need an invite. Battlegrounds are part of the Morrowind content, not the base game update.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • TERAB1T
    TERAB1T
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Will NDA affect things like datamining? Will I be able to datamine new Crown Store items and post this info on forum, Reddit etc?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is a foolish question, but from above I feel I need to ask it.

Will the base game changes be under NDA as well? As in, if a Templar skill changes etc. Seems like it will be quite difficult to enforce an NDA if it's open to everyone, and the PTS forum is public (can be read without an account).

[Edit] Ooooh I recall the console beta having it's own private forum, so as mentioned in the article the Morrowind invitees will definitely be in a private forum... but base game stuff?
    Will players who have pre ordered TESO: morrowind have a higher chance of being chosen? Or are users chosen by if they were in original beta / pts activities such as DLC releases and mini events?

I sure hope not... for anyone who preordered a retail version there is no way to know what account preordered.
    Edited by MissBizz on April 5, 2017 6:01PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you going for the people who actively talk in the forums, Twitch, Youtuber, Twitter, etc. over people who just passively play the game or are you going for more of a mix?
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »

@Iyas Battlegrounds are part of the Chapter, and will only be available (when this patch goes live) to people who have the chapter. From that I'd say it's easy to say it will be invite only.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • frethopper
    frethopper
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to sign up for the closed beta, but every time I browse to the signup page I get redirected to the age gate, whether I've already been through it or not. I don't have this issue with any other part of the website. Anyone suggest where the issue might be?

• Bbqdinner
    Bbqdinner
    Soul Shriven
    Is the closed beta available for those who pre-ordered Morrowind?

Like usual, I will be 24/7 stalking my email for the invite.
    The BBQ of all BBQ's. Just don't eat me, ok? I taste weird.