The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Morrowind Closed Beta Details"

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NDA just to help you test bugs that you're not even gonna bother to fix before the game goes live? nah, keep that
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Are existing characters from both servers going to be ported to the PTS ESO:Morrowind?

P.S hope I get an invite :)
  • radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the MAC testers get a little reprieve here. As we weren't able to test on the last PTS due to major problems on the mac client and the problem not being resolved until launch of new content. We need testers for the MAC as well as PC folks. I hope this includes MAC client testing.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play PTS with my main account. I gimped myself!
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So to be clear can class changes/base game changes be discussed/Streamed/or uploaded to YouTube?
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    There is no sign up for this - we are simply sending out invites based on our own criteria.

I hope you choose individuals beyond just those who are very vocal! There are many individuals who prefer to keep our information limited to forum posts, in game feedback, PTS forums, etc.

That being said, I have faith that you will pick a healthy distribution of active players.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    So to be clear can class changes/base game changes be discussed/Streamed/or uploaded to YouTube?
    Nothing from the PTS can be streamed or posted on YouTube.

Glory wrote: »
    There is no sign up for this - we are simply sending out invites based on our own criteria.

I hope you choose individuals beyond just those who are very vocal! There are many individuals who prefer to keep our information limited to forum posts, in game feedback, PTS forums, etc.

That being said, I have faith that you will pick a healthy distribution of active players.
    Without getting into a discussion about what our criteria is, there will be a good distribution of active players. Again, to reiterate, participation in previous PTS cycles is a major factor. We know it's tough to be patient, but everyone try to hang tight until invites go out. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Without getting into a discussion about what our criteria is, there will be a good distribution of active players. Again, to reiterate, participation in previous PTS cycles is a major factor. We know it's tough to be patient, but everyone try to hang tight until invites go out. :)

....so was telling us about this "a couple" (2?) weeks in advance... just to watch us squirm? Totally working. lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Rhyono
    Rhyono
    ✭✭
    Will addon authors have an increased chance of entry? I haven't played THAT long so I don't have a ton of previous PTS cycles and during the last one, I was mostly busy with addon work/getting addons ready for release, rather than fooling around with housing (something that really didn't interest me much anyway). If I don't have access to it, I will likely have a problematic launch for maintaining FTC and CS.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd have prefered a beta for all preorders of the expansion, but I can see why they've chosen another route. Still hoping for an invite though.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Oompuh
      Oompuh
      ✭✭✭✭✭

So the open pts is under NDA? :/
      Xbox NA - Oompa
      Khajiit DK Tank
      Founder of Major Aegis
      Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
    • Cinbri
      Cinbri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      But does bug report than that include animated gifs uploaded on image hosting sites(as i did here) or videos of bugs uploaded on youtube(like this) will be illegal?
    • KriHavok
      KriHavok
      ✭✭✭✭
      If anyone's trying to work out their chances of getting an invite based off of the criteria, Gina has already hinted that some of their criteria is:
      - Participation in previous PTS cycles. (major factor!)
      - Active player.

From seeing these sort of closed beta tests before in other games, these are things that I think will probably increase your chances of getting an invite, but note these are what I've seen from other games and companies, so ZOS might well be very different when it comes to deciding invitees (purely speculative):
      - Highly involved within the community.
      - Long-time membership within the community and the game itself.
      - Showing a strong interest for the game and the evolution of the game, as well as further improvements that can be made.
      - Participation in the beta's prior to launch (closed beta in particularly).
      - Participation in PTS events and community events on the live server.
      - Amount of bugs/glitches reported through the Support ticket system (on both PTS and the live server).
      - Strong forum presence (possibly Reddit too).
      - Having already pre-ordered ESO:MW (unsure on this one though).
      - ESO+ membership / other financial support, e.g. Crowns (again, I'm unsure if ZOS would take into account how much money a possible invitee would have spent on the game prior to being invited).

I also wouldn't be worried if you aren't that knowledgeable of a specific area of ESO (i.e. Combat, PvP, PvE, Quests, Crafting, etc.), I imagine they will be seeking out a variety of testers to satisfy what content they want testing.

Hope that helps the people wondering what their chances are of getting an invite. But again, I must stress this is the sort of criteria I've seen elsewhere, there is every possibility that ZOS do it differently. Best of luck if you're hoping for one! :)
      UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
    • Nser
      Nser
      ✭✭✭
      all we can do is waiting till then
      Edited by Nser on April 5, 2017 9:34PM
    • Shinkhan
      Shinkhan
      ✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

The race for new trial 1st completion is a very important thing for the comunity, by inviting only a few ppl to test this new contant then it means that this ppl will have a step ahead on averyone else. Do you think it is fair ?
    • Nifty2g
      Nifty2g
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Honestly though as well, I think ZOS should contact GM's or whatever and get some invites out for guilds to test the new trial. Cause if they're splitting up how will groups even test together if they barely know each other. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert that would be a pretty cool thing to do, for the PVE side at least. Halls of Fabrication is a big part of it.

I don't like this random selected thing for something like this. How is that going to be efficient testing?
      #MOREORBS
    • Rohamad_Ali
      Rohamad_Ali
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You got to be hush hush like the original beta and write good bug reports . Attention to details and try to repeat bugs as much as possible to narrow down causes .
    • VirtualElizabeth
      VirtualElizabeth
      ✭✭✭✭
      Am I only the person out there who doesn't want an invite? LOL. I want to be surprised in regards to the content when it launches in June!
      @ElizabethInTamriel
      NA/PC
      Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
      Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
      Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
      Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
    • TheRimOfTheSky
      TheRimOfTheSky
      ✭✭✭✭
      Hopefully finding group members for the Halls of Fabrication won't be too hard, I remember during the Thieves Guild PTS I couldn't find enough members for the Maw of Lorkhaj, and even during the Shadows of the Hist PTS I was in group finder for hours and wasn't put into a group for Cradle of Shadows/Ruins of Mazzatun. I tried going to the entrances of the dungeons as well, but since it was pre-One Tamriel, there were only a few AD players outside of them too.
      Edited by TheRimOfTheSky on April 5, 2017 11:36PM
    • Strider_Roshin
      Strider_Roshin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Am I only the person out there who doesn't want an invite? LOL. I want to be surprised in regards to the content when it launches in June!

To me it's not about spoilers, it's about making sure everything functions appropriately, to make suggestions on how things can be improved, and to give feedback on the balance changes to class abilities as well as the new item sets.
    • NewBlacksmurf
      NewBlacksmurf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Folks it says users will be selected by ZOS' own criteria.

Seems they want to be super selective and very particular so until ppl disappear from live ...if noticed....well all have to just wait
      -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
      ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    • James-Wayne
      James-Wayne
      ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Ive been testing PTS patches since day 1 but I'm in Australia, is this available world wide?
      PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
      James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
      529 people have also earned this badge.
    • radiostar
      radiostar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      when all the testing is done, I hope you guys will have another early access for accounts that preordered the upgrade. like for 3 days or something before the launch date :smiley:
      "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    • Ffastyl
      Ffastyl
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Time to make room for the PTS again.

If I do get invited the closed beta, I will test it -- despite having dropped from actively playing ESO. Morrowind sounds like it will shake up the dull combat, which is what I have been waiting for.
      "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
      Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
      Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
      Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
      Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
      Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
      Tienc - Level 50 Warden
      Aldmeri Dominion
      Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
      Champion Rank 938

Check out:
      Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
      Member since May 4th, 2014.
    • saf227_ESO
      saf227_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      Again, just to reiterate, invites will be going out once the PTS is updated with Morrowind and Update 14 in a couple weeks. They have not been sent yet. :)

Pfft.
      I got my email invite!!
      It's from a Nigerian Daedric Prince. He says I need to wire sacrifice 1M gold to him to "process" my invite.

Hmmmm.

I'll get back to you on this.

;)
    • Amun93
      Amun93
      ✭✭✭
      ZOS is in a difficult position. Most, if not all, players will want to participate in the closed beta to test out how the changes and the warden will effect them. PvPers want to test out the warden to see how they will perform compared to other classes. PvEers want to test out the new trial. Specifically with Hall of Fabrication, ZOS has to find a balance between the "hardcore" raiders that have aspirations of being in the first clear of vHoF and the more casual players want to be able to clear nHoF. People are also worried about favoritism towards certain guilds and players. People are worried that there will be a disadvantage if some guilds are able to have full raid teams on the PTS while others may not have a single player. Ultimately, I have faith that ZOS will find a good mix of casual and more "hardcore" players without showing favoritism.
      What Mechanics Guildmaster
    • TheCoolcg10
      I participated in the original closed beta for ESO. Will that have any affect on getting an invite?
    • llllADBllll
      llllADBllll
      ✭✭✭
      Will there be invites sent out for a Closed Beta for console too or did I read that wrong? Fingers crossed....
      CRAFTMASTER - DAGGERFALL EU XBOX ONE

GAMERTAG - DJANTBOWMAN

Tamriel Trading Company Guildmaster
    • Icy
      Icy
      ✭✭✭✭

Soooo, if we're lucky enough to get an invite can we still say stuff like "oooh, so cool" and "you're gonna love it" and "I can't say anything but so excite!"

Also, will the PTS be open all the time or will you be having testing weekends like in the original beta?
      _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear you. With the smaller events I have tended to do this, simply due to the small size relative to the number players on PTS. You don't have to do it, if asked. :smile:

Morrowind is a larger DLC, and I am hoping they did not narrow the participation too much. This really isn't the PTS for looky-loos, and anyone who participates should expect to not get as much time in on Live.

Personally, I am mixed. I would like to get a crack at Morrowind PTS, mainly for assessing Warden against the other classes, with all the balance changes coming. I do have other Update 14 things to do, like updating a number of add-ons, public and private. I have taken up some orphaned add-ons for my personal use, and not being on the Morrowind side of PTS will definitely make updating them easier. Although, the NDA will be annoying, in or out of Morrowind.
      Folks it says users will be selected by ZOS' own criteria.

Seems they want to be super selective and very particular so until ppl disappear from live ...if noticed....well all have to just wait

I expect they are going to be focused on the end-game high-octane PVE people for the trials, and the same in PVP for the battlegrounds. They will want lots of trials runs, and lots of battleground runs. Nothing wrong with that, really, if the goal is to get content banged on while they take measurements in the background to see what people do.

They will want people to run though all of the Warden skills, which can overlap with the above. It will give the min/max theory crafters something to do between trial and battleground runs.
      To me it's not about spoilers, it's about making sure everything functions appropriately, to make suggestions on how things can be improved, and to give feedback on the balance changes to class abilities as well as the new item sets.

That is pretty much where I am when it comes to PTS. In this case, I think most of that can be done without Morrowind. I am interested in the balance changes, not as much in the trials and battlegrounds. My metric to assess this is not the high end content, but the more middle ground content. I don't think I need Morrowind for that, except for Warden.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus