The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vet Maw of Lorkhaj - Broken on Xbox One AGAIN!!!!!

• DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sad that it's been almost a month once again.
    Good players are quitting each day and it's a chore to even get a group going since so many are sick of all these issues.

My friend list usually was 98% ESO, now it's 10% if I'm lucky, every single evening.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May not be the best place but since @ZOS_JessicaFolsom checks here, can you possibly also pass on to the QA team the bug with the vma staffs. Essentially all our sorc dps are running a vma staff backbar and theres a bug where the first person to put wall of elements down is the only one that gets the bonus to light and heavy attacks...this ends up being an enormous dps loss.
    Also, can we have an update on vmol soon?
    Thank you for your time.
    Edited by TARAFRAKA on March 18, 2017 5:15PM
    Options
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    TARAFRAKA wrote: »
    May not be the best place but since @ZOS_JessicaFolsom checks here, can you possibly also pass on to the QA team the bug with the vma staffs. Essentially all our sorc dps are running a vma staff backbar and theres a bug where the first person to put wall of elements down is the only one that gets the bonus to light and heavy attacks...this ends up being an enormous dps loss.
    Thank you for your time.

not just sorcs. 7 people are missing out on 2-3k dps. It's gigantic.
    Options
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vezuls wrote: »
    Thank you for your time.

True true @Vezuls not sure why i phrased it like that. It is a huge dps loss across the board for everyone and considering the horrific grind just to get a sharpened inferno vma staff only to have it essentially be worthless besides the measly spell damage sucks.
    Options
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the VMA enchant/staff bug is annoying. But I would rather play Trials with random Maple staffs than not doing Trials at all.

Best case both issues get fixed at same time.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for your time.

They never worked anyway. So no group has actually missed out. If anything we have been deprived of 1m damage (8dps group) per minute on average. Consider that mol twins fight takes 5 mins on a perfect day that's the difference of most of us being stuck on that for a long time and clearing it long before we should have done.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I see we are getting a patch maintenance on the 21st and 22nd. Is this the fix to Maw perhaps?
    Options
  • FormulaGlobe
    FormulaGlobe
    ✭✭
    Please let @Vezuls be right...
    Options
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I see we are getting a patch maintenance on the 21st and 22nd. Is this the fix to Maw perhaps?

Patches are submitted 2 weeks in advance for consoles. They didn't even know the problem until this week. So that's a big negative.
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
    Options
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »

Patches are submitted 2 weeks in advance for consoles. They didn't even know the problem until this week. So that's a big negative.

That's not necessarily true. They submit patches and Microsoft and Sony have to approve them. However, there is no set time frame for how fast they are approved. Sometimes it could take a week, sometimes it could take longer.

Also, from my understanding, ZoS has the ability to take servers down for patch maintenance whenever they want, however doing it the way bypassing Microsoft/Sony likely cost more money. Examples of this are when they took the servers down to fix the problem where people couldn't log in as well as when they gave us double AP.

I haven't been keeping up with PC patch notes, but what patches are we even missing? I'm just wondering if they found the issue and realized it's big enough to be fixed immediately. If they have, that's a huge step in the right direction for ZoS.
    Options
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not necessarily true. They submit patches and Microsoft and Sony have to approve them. However, there is no set time frame for how fast they are approved. Sometimes it could take a week, sometimes it could take longer.

Also, from my understanding, ZoS has the ability to take servers down for patch maintenance whenever they want, however doing it the way bypassing Microsoft/Sony likely cost more money. Examples of this are when they took the servers down to fix the problem where people couldn't log in as well as when they gave us double AP.

I haven't been keeping up with PC patch notes, but what patches are we even missing? I'm just wondering if they found the issue and realized it's big enough to be fixed immediately. If they have, that's a huge step in the right direction for ZoS.

1) SCEE Certification takes 14 days to go through bug testing.

2) hotfixes and stuff like doubling the AP can be done without taking down the server. This is a patch issue

Additionally, they said They were still working on the issue Friday on Eso live and then the weekend so unless they have programming gods it's gonna be awhile

So they had to have identified the issue, fixed it, made a patch, had it approved by xbox and are ready to patch.. all since Friday since they've said they don't know the issue yet. Nah.
    Edited by Oompuh on March 19, 2017 9:54PM
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
    Options
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭

1) SCEE Certification takes 14 days to go through bug testing.

2) hotfixes and stuff like doubling the AP can be done without taking down the server. This is a patch issue

Additionally, they said They were still working on the issue Friday on Eso live and then the weekend so unless they have programming gods it's gonna be awhile

So they had to have identified the issue, fixed it, made a patch, had it approved by xbox and are ready to patch.. all since Friday since they've said they don't know the issue yet. Nah.

That's not too far fetched at all. Especially since this issue has happened before in the past. They got the information needed via playing with people on Console, are working on a fix, and have prior knowledge to a similar bug. Regardless if Tuesday is a patch to fix the trials or not, I simply asked a question directed at a ZoS employee.
    Options
  • Orbital
    Orbital
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Orbital on March 19, 2017 11:27PM
    Axphykz.
    Tank
    Proud Member Of Vitality
    Spotless Triumph
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    XB1 EU
    PC EU
    Options
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hopeful for the maintenance, Trials have been unplayable for a month now, surely this is the fix we all are waiting for?

(Please let this be the case)
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    I'm hopeful for the maintenance, Trials have been unplayable for a month now, surely this is the fix we all are waiting for?

(Please let this be the case)

I feel like the lack of confirmation means it's a no. Hopefully, they managed to fix it though. That'd be great.
    Options
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The suspense is killing me! I so badly want to play Trials again, please let this maintenance fix them...
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    10K gold to all here that it's not fixed. They'd of posted it here if they nailed down a fix....but hey we're getting adverts right? that's worth dev time over this.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The suspense is killing me! I so badly want to play Trials again, please let this maintenance fix them...

agree getting sick of runnin AA every night since thats the only 1 thats romotley tolerable! LOL
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

agree getting sick of runnin AA every night since thats the only 1 thats romotley tolerable! LOL

Even AA is ***. Atm you can't taunt more than 4 axes for some reason. Taunt a 5th and 1st runs off lol. Hard mode can get very very chaotic.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

There is not a fix for this issue in today's incremental patch. We're working on getting a status to give you all, though. Stand by...
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even AA is ***. Atm you can't taunt more than 4 axes for some reason. Taunt a 5th and 1st runs off lol. Hard mode can get very very chaotic.

Yeah we still have at least 5 DCs/Freezes each time, but we still do runs there since Sanctum everyday, all the time is getting very old.

And the Mage should be dead long before 5 axes right?
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You all owe me 10k.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is not a fix for this issue in today's incremental patch. We're working on getting a status to give you all, though. Stand by...

Well that is disappointing news...
    Please give us an update as soon as you can.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • Orbital
    Orbital
    ✭✭✭
    ........ It's been a month miss Bruno
    Edited by Orbital on March 21, 2017 12:16PM
    Axphykz.
    Tank
    Proud Member Of Vitality
    Spotless Triumph
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    XB1 EU
    PC EU
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Totally understand your disappointment. Don't forget due to how patches on consoles work, we need to allow for time for first party certification so even if we were to have found a fix last week when we did live testing with some players, there wouldn't have been time to get it implemented into today's patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • boom782
    boom782
    ✭✭

I sure hope so. We have guild mates quitting left and right because the only thing we enjoy doing in this game is broken. I DC'ed 5 times by the first boss in VMaw Sunday night. Think we had about 15 DC's in total which is absolutely ridiculous.
    Options
  • Hamiltonmath
    Hamiltonmath
    ✭✭✭
    I used to hate on all the people that complained about this game, but it is extreme garbage. I quit, gave away all my stuff to guildies and never have to look back. No more gimmick crates, no more disconnects during trials it literally took hours to put together, no more broken group finder, no more reskinned mounts for gold, no more ESO - Barbie Dream House edition, no more random dcs, no more "This may be a long load time."

I'd rather play nothing than this garbage. Tons of time and effort put into things that make them money, and no time put into fixing things that are broken.

Greed is destroying you, ZOS.
    Options
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally understand your disappointment. Don't forget due to how patches on consoles work, we need to allow for time for first party certification so even if we were to have found a fix last week when we did live testing with some players, there wouldn't have been time to get it implemented into today's patch.

Yeah I know, it can be pushed sooner though from what I've recall, but that costs a lot. Yes our Guild ran with a developer last week, so I hope that the data gathered then was enough.

Can you update us if a fix has been found and has been sent to certification? Or is it's still being worked on, and we are looking at another month(s) of unplayable Trials?
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to hate on all the people that complained about this game, but it is extreme garbage. I quit, gave away all my stuff to guildies and never have to look back. No more gimmick crates, no more disconnects during trials it literally took hours to put together, no more broken group finder, no more reskinned mounts for gold, no more ESO - Barbie Dream House edition, no more random dcs, no more "This may be a long load time."

I'd rather play nothing than this garbage. Tons of time and effort put into things that make them money, and no time put into fixing things that are broken.

Greed is destroying you, ZOS.
    So why are you inflicting your views on us, go play something else and leave us in peace.
    Options
  • Orbital
    Orbital
    ✭✭✭
    K
    Edited by Orbital on March 21, 2017 1:42PM
    Axphykz.
    Tank
    Proud Member Of Vitality
    Spotless Triumph
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    XB1 EU