Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Morrowind...and ESO+

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, how does such a *** group of developers get their hands on such a valuable and treasured IPO?
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emencie wrote: »
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Balamoor wrote: »
    Noooo00000!!!!!!1
    jk :-P

I bet after the anger goes away you'll be running around in Morrowind...because Morrowind and ZoS do the mad sales every now and again.

Very unlikely - but if the sale is good enough who knows. If they had priced it at £20-25 - I actually wouldn't have a problem buying the actual "Expansion". I mainly have the issue of the fact that they clearly are not going to invest in T1 DLC as it makes no sense for them. So they now have a paywall that has hit all subscribers *shrugs*

What Paywall are you talking about?

Also

What MMO are you planning to go to that has Free expansions?

SWG had paid expansions that became free when the next expansion was released.

SWTOR's expansions are all free to subs.

EDIT: My God, I'm actually comparing other companies unfavorably to SWTOR's business practices. It's come to that.

omg. since you mentioned SWTOR. lets see. yes, one month of subscription will unlock all prior content forever (this btw, is a relatively resetn change, prior to KOTFE, you had to buy expansions separately, subscription didn''t give them to you)

however. unlike ESO? SWTOR is completely and irrevocably UNPLAYABLE as F2P beyond being glorified trial and BARELY playable as preferred (someone who bought at least $5 worth of stuff or subscribed - and btw, $5 worth of stuff doesn't get you expacs, need to pay $15 for that, each time new expac comes out) even if you get all the cash shop unlocks - you are still stuck with incredible amount of general gameplay restrictions and virtually NO acess to end game group content (you can do limited some of the dungeons and warzones per week, but everything else is behind paywall)

moreover, lets look at sizes of content packs. typical size of SWTOR content pack? 5-6 hours of story, maybe 2 more hours of other gameplay. that's counting cutscenes btw. swtor so called expansion are a fraction in size compared to ESO content packs, let alone an expansion we have just had announced.

if you had actualy played SWTOR? you wouldn't be comparing it favorably to ESO. hell I WISH swtor was more like ESO's monetanization/content release model, then I would still be playing it instead of giving up on it after 5 years.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sebban wrote: »
    Reasons this is called a "Chapter" and not DLC:
    1. To be able to charge money for it.

Reasons this will not be purchasable for Crowns on the Crown store:
    1. To be able to charge money for it.

ESO + grants access to DLC in the sor
    Hammy01 wrote: »
    I am an ESO Plus subscriber and I am more than happy to purchase this Morrowind expansion... ecstatic even! However if any current ESO Plus subscribers are not happy that this expansion is not covered by their ESO Plus perks then you can just cancel ESO Plus for the next 3 months and use the money you saved to buy the expansion. After that you can decide to resume ESO Plus for the perks (up to and including free future DLC's) or play without ESO Plus.

Once you go bag, you never go back.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    I have ESO plus

This is an expansion..not the same as a DLC

Except 30 hours of content isn't really that much. The map might be twice the size of Wrothgar, but with Red Mountain we don't actually know how much will be usable terrain. People are acting like this is some huge expansion and has some incredible scope, but it really doesn't. Not from what they have told us so far. People are acting like we are getting a whole new games worth of content. We aren't.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its 40$ and no sub is required... please get off it.

WoW charges 60$ per pop and a sub model.

40$ for an Elk??? Done

40$ for a new zone, class, battlegrounds, dungeons and trial?... BLASPHEMY!!!!

Sorry, but I am sure most of us spend that much a month on coffee. I am an ESO+ member since the game was released on PC.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
    Options
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All games are downloadable and its definitely content... so is it a DLC? According to the stream it seems that Morrowind can be standalone game... don't need 1 tam to play it so I don't get all these salty tears.
    Options
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Hoping someone can answer this..
    I have ESO+

I want to buy the physical collectors edition (for the statue of course), will I be able to upgrade my current ESO+ with this physical purchase or must I also buy the $40 upgrade on top of the $100 physical copy?

I'm sure someone answered this ( so many posts I haven't read ).

You will not need to pay for the upgrade and physical copy. Unless you have multiple accounts like I do :)

so far the 2 answers I have gotten say yes I will need to buy both :expressionless:
    yours is the first to say no LOL

we do have multiple accounts in our household but I personally only have my one ( we have 4 total, I still play and sub, my husband plays sometimes when he isn't in warship game and my 2 sons have long quit)

Options
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    So, how does such a *** group of developers get their hands on such a valuable and treasured IPO?

I've always been a fan but I must confess this is the first time ZOS has done something that I find distasteful.

Options
  • Egonic
    Egonic
    Since they offer a new class and some new PvP arena stuff along with this "very big"? area, I think it's pretty fair to call it an expansion, I obviously haven't seen the content, but their DLC's have been good so it will likely be a lot of fun!

Them not including this in the crown store is a pretty obvious choice, considering the amount of extra time they will likely need to put in to continue updating and supporting a new class and the PvP arena.
    Not releasing more content for ESO+ is bad though, but I'm sure they will go back to standard DLC's after this. I'm more happy with this content than just a new area anyways.
    Options
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    I have ESO plus

Except 30 hours of content isn't really that much. The map might be twice the size of Wrothgar, but with Red Mountain we don't actually know how much will be usable terrain. People are acting like this is some huge expansion and has some incredible scope, but it really doesn't. Not from what they have told us so far. People are acting like we are getting a whole new games worth of content. We aren't.

I think every pvper ever disagrees with you
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really should have known this was going to be a thing and been prepared to address it immediately. But they have never been very good about being ahead of a topic where people were going to freak out.

I can't decide how I feel about it. On one hand 40 is fine, but its going to be 60 to get the couple of extra things I want. And I am not really clear on what this chapter thing is all about. Will everything now be a chapter? Will it be 40-60 every couple of months, every year, what do I need to know about the possible frequency of this sort of thing? Being that it is a new chapter, and being considered basically an expansion, will there be a lot of new content coming that ties into this new chapter or is this it until the next chapter comes and we have to buy that one too?

Can my character take a wayshrine back and forth between the base game areas and the new chapter? Will my characters progression be consistent between the two or will they be severed? Will we get one or two more character slots to accommodate the new class?

How does the new chapter method impact ESO + members?

And when in the bloody hell are we going to find Darien?

PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

40$ for an Elk??? Done

Sorry, but I am sure most of us spend that much a month on coffee. I am an ESO+ member since the game was released on PC.

$40 for an Elk??? Done. What are you saying? Find me one person that thinks the elk was priced fairly. Don't come in here saying that like anyone was okay with it. People aren't complaining about the price. They are complaining about ESO+ benefits.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

moreover, lets look at sizes of content packs. typical size of SWTOR content pack? 5-6 hours of story, maybe 2 more hours of other gameplay. that's counting cutscenes btw. swtor so called expansion are a fraction in size compared to ESO content packs, let alone an expansion we have just had announced.

if you had actualy played SWTOR? you wouldn't be comparing it favorably to ESO. hell I WISH swtor was more like ESO's monetanization/content release model, then I would still be playing it instead of giving up on it after 5 years.

SWTOR's KOTFE expansion includes the initial expac release and additional "chapters" as part of the overall "expansion." Sure, they release 5-6 hours of content at the beginning, but you have to include everything that gets trickled out over the course of months in your final figure of the size of the expansion.

And you made a pretty big and false assumption about me there. I, too, gave up on SWTOR and came here, and things are looking mighty familiar.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on January 31, 2017 9:31PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • Myrrah
    Myrrah
    ✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying, that the ESO+ players will still get everything - just not the collection edition addons like the bear, horse, gear, etc....

£40.00 for the expansion - after 2 years of ESO Plus Membership.

Edit1: YOU CAN NOT BUY THIS EXPANSION WITH CROWNS!!!! ONLY CASH.

Edit2: Another question @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror
    You specifically mention, in the ESO+ Purchase page, that I will receive ALL Future DLC Content. How will I be receiving ALL of this future DLC Content, when it's locked behind a paywall being Morrowind. You do not exclude additional content via expansions - so legally - I think you have to provide the Morrowind access from a DLC perspective (Disclaimer - not a lawyer)

Edit3: @ZOS_GinaBruno Has stated there will be an update for ESO+ Subscribers tomorrow. We shall see.

That's it, I'm done. Have fun folks but I'm certainly not paying for this.

I'll just repeat what i said in the other thread since i'm baffled by this attitude: no other high profile mmo releases expansions for free to subscribers. They release content patches for free but not expansions. So am not sure why anyone here would expect it to be free for subscribers?
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So as part of the collectors edition it says you get a morag tong armor converter.... Does this mean converting armor styles is going to become a thing?

Doesn't mean that it's going to become a thing because it's already a thing with the Imperial edition @zassasaurus
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Attackopsn wrote: »
    I have ESO plus

I think every pvper ever disagrees with you

I PvP and I'm looking forward to battlegrounds. Battlegrounds could have been added with any update. It doesn't really have anything to do with Morrowind.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ARE they actually calling it? "We don't like to call it an Expansion!" "Oh but it's NOT DLC... because you get DLC for "free" by subbing! So um... this definitely is NOT DLC!"

Pretty coy there Zeni.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    What ARE they actually calling it? "We don't like to call it an Expansion!" "Oh but it's NOT DLC... because you get DLC for "free" by subbing! So um... this definitely is NOT DLC!"

Pretty coy there Zeni.

It is "A New Chapter" whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

40$ for an Elk??? Done

$40 for an Elk??? Done. What are you saying? Find me one person that thinks the elk was priced fairly. Don't come in here saying that like anyone was okay with it. People aren't complaining about the price. They are complaining about ESO+ benefits.

I am comparing the two. I see lots of Elks. I didn't buy it because I think it was terrible and overpriced. But look at the market. Look at other MMO's and costs, and the sub models.

We do not even know all the details. @ZOS_GinaBruno even posted that more details were coming. All the drama queens and tin foiled hat wearing fools need to calm down and see what happens. I am hoping ESO+ subs get something. I have been one. But I am not going to sit here and freak out about it.

If you have been subbed this entire time and NEVER had to pay for a DLC. Now you finally do and its so terrible?
    Edited by ThePaleItalian on January 31, 2017 9:34PM
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
    Options
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭

40$ for an Elk??? Done

don't forget the new motif that was available for a little while just now, was 6000 crowns what was that $50.00 ?
    Options
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really should have known this was going to be a thing and been prepared to address it immediately. But they have never been very good about being ahead of a topic where people were going to freak out.

I can't decide how I feel about it. On one hand 40 is fine, but its going to be 60 to get the couple of extra things I want. And I am not really clear on what this chapter thing is all about. Will everything now be a chapter? Will it be 40-60 every couple of months, every year, what do I need to know about the possible frequency of this sort of thing? Being that it is a new chapter, and being considered basically an expansion, will there be a lot of new content coming that ties into this new chapter or is this it until the next chapter comes and we have to buy that one too?

Can my character take a wayshrine back and forth between the base game areas and the new chapter? Will my characters progression be consistent between the two or will they be severed? Will we get one or two more character slots to accommodate the new class?

How does the new chapter method impact ESO + members?

And when in the bloody hell are we going to find Darien?

For me
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Pretty coy there Zeni.

Exactly. ;)
    Options
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hyped, never played Morrowind so I was excited to see what it was about. I liked the trailer and everything they mentioned in the stream, especially the Warden class.

They didn't mention ESO+ in the live stream so I came here to see if there was an FAQ anywhere only to find out I've been supporting the game via a sub for the past 3 ish years on the promise I'd have access to ALL (yes all, that was the ORIGINAL - I see they've since changed the wording to crown store only - promise) new content and yet, this time they're calling Morrowind an 'expansion' not a 'dlc' (yet in my opinion it's practically the same size as Wrothgar and that was FREE with a sub).

This is what is called BAIT AND SWITCH. You promise one thing yet deliver another.

My sub is cancelled, I have no interest in housing anymore. What interest I had in Morrowind is now gone.

All I view it as now is a cash grab from Morrowind fanboys. Release it on the anniversary for extra nostalgia and you can guarantee those fanboys will look past the utter shadiness this 'expansion' is and throw their cash at ZOS.

I feel sorry for every one of you.
    PC NA - EPHS
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myrrah wrote: »

I'll just repeat what i said in the other thread since i'm baffled by this attitude: no other high profile mmo releases expansions for free to subscribers. They release content patches for free but not expansions.

False, as has already been mentioned.
    So am not sure why anyone here would expect it to be free for subscribers?

Because that's what they said the model would be when I decided to pay more money for what others chose to get for free.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

40$ for an Elk??? Done

I am comparing the two. I see lots of Elks. I didn't buy it because I think it was terrible and overpriced. But look at the market. Look at other MMO's and costs, and the sub models.

We do not even know all the details. Gina even posted that more details were coming. All the drama queens and tin foiled hat wearing fools need to calm down and see what happens. I am hoping ESO+ subs get something. I have been one. But I am not going to sit here and freak out about it.

If you have been subbed this entire time and NEVER had to pay for a DLC. Now you finally do and its so terrible?

Well until I see someone who bought an Elk complaining about this expansion, I don't see what you're getting at. Also a lot of people who bought the Elk may have bought it with saved up crowns from subbing or crown sales which we can't do with the expansion.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

40$ for an Elk??? Done

don't forget the new motif that was available for a little while just now, was 6000 crowns what was that $50.00 ?

Which was totally optional and even farm-able through the game. Just like Ancient Orc and other motifs that are 5000 crowns. Man you guys are nit picking everything. Its sad.

Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭

40$ for an Elk??? Done

have you seen how many people are riding the elk? They might have thought it unfair but still purchased it :P
    my husband was one. granted I don't think he realizes how much it was, as he had crowns that he has had since the beginning and never used (when they gave 500 for having game and then gave crowns for each month was subscribed for).
    Options
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »
    I was hyped, never played Morrowind so I was excited to see what it was about. I liked the trailer and everything they mentioned in the stream, especially the Warden class.

They didn't mention ESO+ in the live stream so I came here to see if there was an FAQ anywhere only to find out I've been supporting the game via a sub for the past 3 ish years on the promise I'd have access to ALL (yes all, that was the ORIGINAL - I see they've since changed the wording to crown store only - promise) new content and yet, this time they're calling Morrowind an 'expansion' not a 'dlc' (yet in my opinion it's practically the same size as Wrothgar and that was FREE with a sub).

This is what is called BAIT AND SWITCH. You promise one thing yet deliver another.

My sub is cancelled, I have no interest in housing anymore. What interest I had in Morrowind is now gone.

All I view it as now is a cash grab from Morrowind fanboys. Release it on the anniversary for extra nostalgia and you can guarantee those fanboys will look past the utter shadiness this 'expansion' is and throw their cash at ZOS.

I feel sorry for every one of you.

Can I haves your stuff?

Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
    Options
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What part of expansion do players not understand?

This isn't a DLC and the OP still refuses to acknowledge that ...

It's not a dlc because.. ?

I'll answer: Because ZOS names it so.

A turd by any other name is still a turd.
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so far the 2 answers I have gotten say yes I will need to buy both :expressionless:
    yours is the first to say no LOL

we do have multiple accounts in our household but I personally only have my one ( we have 4 total, I still play and sub, my husband plays sometimes when he isn't in warship game and my 2 sons have long quit)

Trust me this is how it is going to work.

When you log into your account and purchase the version you want, ESO will unlock your account for the expansion pack. When you get it, you install it on your computer and then log in. Nothing else is needed. You do not need to buy the upgrade because you purchased it with the hard copy.

However, the other account will not have access to the expansion pack. If they log on to your computer under their account, they will not have access to the new expansion unless they pay for an upgrade.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options