Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.0 (Homestead)

• Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Looks like salty infernal guardian player. :P

Nahhh.....you salty.
    ****Master Healer...****
  • spawn_to_kill
    spawn_to_kill
    ✭✭✭
    No Heay nerf or light and medium buff = Fail.
    August Palatine
    vr16, dk
    vr 16 sorc,, templar,, nb
    500+1 champion points eups4
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why increase the cost of strife? Magblades are under performing as it is.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • Sorowynn
    Sorowynn
    Nerf everything except Stamblade... again... hm I wonder which class is their favorite... hmmmm :/ let me think...
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    So in short Zenimax is telling us:

We are aware of the issue that PvP groups stack templars with destro ulti instead of using any skill or tactics, and we adress it by strengthening the destro ulti, abolishing the existing AoE cap, and of course by allowing Healing Ritual to be used without movement restriction ?

Wow! ;)

Someone actually complained about healing ritual. Never thought I would see the day.
    Edited by timidobserver on January 4, 2017 12:50AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, after seeing that the promises given to mDKs are far from becoming truth, it is time to talk about mageblade.

Magicka NB is a class that has a special place in my heart since I made my argonian Sap Tank (now he's a stamblade, but I think to go back to a mageblade soon). I love the class and you don't. You haven't even paid attention to the class (putting the changes of manif of terror in the assasination line gives a clear hint about it) and barely know their mechanics.

Mageblade is everything about cloak and sustain. Since you need cloak to deal dmg efficietly, you need to use skills that do decent dmg with a small cost (spammable). That leads you to a choice:

1- Force pulse or
    2- Strife

And obviously a mageblade uses strife... I mean self heal and the chance of magicka return if siph strikes was up. Nevertheless, Force pulse is a great spammable, but having cloak up, it isn't affordable.

Strife is the mageblade bread and butter and now is 38% more expensive. I know it is not a huge increase, but each point in magicka used in dmg is a point less used in mitigation, in other words, cloak.

Ok, let suppose a mageblade wants to take advantage of Black Rose change using a full set of HA. Is there any chace to run strife heal efficiently, using the natural buffs of heavy armor? No

Mageblade is currently at the bottom of the feeding line. Other than using cloak + EOS, there's no way to play the class. Sap tanks were viable once, bombers were viable once, even melee mageblade was viable once. The only playing style left for the magebade was the strife and destro weaver, and now even that isn't viable.

Nevertheless, I understand this is business and you will not roll back the changes, because you need to keep us believing that someday, somehow, balance will be achieveded. In the meantime, you will keep us buying crates and styles and whatever you want to sell us in your beloved crown store.

We've been playing a beta during the last 2 years and there's no way that will ever change as long as you keep on earning money.
    Edited by Xvorg on January 4, 2017 12:45AM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Taternater
    Taternater
    ✭✭✭
    Saving up for the manors will be interesting. Farming resources is a tried and true way, and will continue to be with the new furniture crafting mat dropping from the nodes. And fishing will give house items so those of us that fish for perfect roe to use or sell will see an increase in profits. I'm wondering if the hireling passive that mails us resources will include the furniture items? The shadowy supplier can give furniture. I wonder if it's a new option to select, or if it rarely comes along with the current items. Farming in craglorn will be even more lucrative with a new motif dropping of bosses and in chests there. The houses cost a lot, but they're buffing our income a bit, depending on how much you farm.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay
    Buffs & Debuffs
    • Created a new debuff category, Minor Magickasteal. This is a debuff applied to enemies that restores a flat value of Magicka to the attacker every second (400 Magicka every second at CP160).
    There has got to be a better word to use than 'Magickasteal'. It's quite cumbersome. My first thought, to go along with 'Lifesteal' (which is not called 'Healthsteal' for probably the same reason), would be 'Manasteal'. "But mana's not a thing in Elder Scrolls," you cry. Yes it is. It's mentioned, without definition, in Arcana Restored and The Vagaries of Magicka, there's a plant called "Mana Bloom", a source of Ambrosia (Restore Health) and Lichor (Restore Magicka), in Oblivion, "Mana Ice" is a Restore Magicka Potion in Shadowkey, and there's a "Mana Font" in the Soul Cairn during Battlespire.

While "Magicka" is the energy of magic in the world, there seems to be enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that "Mana" is a valid term for the life-force of magic in the world. And that fits with the purpose of this debuff.

Quests & Zones

Fighters Guild
    • Hold the Line: Destroying Dark Anchors can now be shared amongst your group.

Greenshade
    • Hold the Line: This quest will no longer erroneously display Malabal Tor in the quest journal when referring to Greenshade.
    As far as I know, there is no quest anywhere in the game called "Hold the Line". So I don't know what this fix is referring to.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    so... beginning to think PTS not coming back up today.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so... beginning to think PTS not coming back up today.

They probably realized how much they f.ed up with all the nerfs to magicka and NO changes to tremorscale + proctard heavy armor builds, and decided to rewrite everything from scratch. *praying for it to be the reason*
    Edited by covenant_merchant on January 4, 2017 12:56AM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS GinaBruno
    Why did your not post Crown prices for the houses? Can you guys post a list with Crown prices?
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see any mention of the Plague Doctor leggings not dropping from Deshaan world bosses :(
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the larger houses are far overpriced. The largest manor should sit at around 1,000,000, making it much more reasonable.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the large Orc and Redguard I be goin crowns for.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 questions:

1) so does that mean invisibility is now fixed for nbs?

2) will Stygian set still work with clouding swarm or did that just get completed killed instead of just making the invisibility unbreakable like it used to be?
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno I wanted the home in Stros M'kai that is on it's own island. Is it not available? Is that the one that will be released in the Crown store later? If so when do you expect it to be released? Please respond, as that is the home I want. Thanks so much Gina!
    @Lady_Rosabella I think that's Hunding's Palatial Hall:

Hunding's Palatial Hall, 1,295,000 gold: This elegant pleasure palace, with its walled grounds enclosing stables, well, gardens, pool, watchtower, and docks, were paid for by the blood and treasure spilled from the countless treasure ships taken by the legendary Captain Izad.

Kharnis wrote: »
    "In addition to furnishing items, you can also place assistants, mounts, non-combat pets, and a new category of furnishing collectibles called Trophies that includes Undaunted Busts."

So, seeing as the items we very selflessly have relieved the citizens of Tamriel of the burden of carrying (since they need to run quickly in the event of daedric invasion, or bandit attack, or random duels) are also called trophies, am I correct in coming to the conclusion that these items can now be placed within our homes?
    @Kharnis That would be great, but I doubt it. Their text there suggests these "Trophies" are something new, and I'm sure they would have mentioned it if it included stolen items (since they went to great pains to mention that other things are included).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the larger houses are far overpriced. The largest manor should sit at around 1,000,000, making it much more reasonable.

The scale does seem exponential. The small homes are dirt cheap. The largest three are out of my reach for now. then there's furniture. Players are really going to need to think through the actual total cost. Large trading guilds could buy "guild halls" for members selling club memberships for hall access.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Combat & Gameplay
    Buffs & Debuffs
    • Created a new debuff category, Minor Magickasteal. This is a debuff applied to enemies that restores a flat value of Magicka to the attacker every second (400 Magicka every second at CP160).
    There has got to be a better word to use than 'Magickasteal'. It's quite cumbersome.

Couldn't they just make it two words? "Magicka Steal"?

Still weird to pronounce but nicer to read at least.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno I wanted the home in Stros M'kai that is on it's own island. Is it not available? Is that the one that will be released in the Crown store later? If so when do you expect it to be released? Please respond, as that is the home I want. Thanks so much Gina!
    @Lady_Rosabella I think that's Hunding's Palatial Hall:

Hunding's Palatial Hall, 1,295,000 gold: This elegant pleasure palace, with its walled grounds enclosing stables, well, gardens, pool, watchtower, and docks, were paid for by the blood and treasure spilled from the countless treasure ships taken by the legendary Captain Izad.

Yea, someone else mentioned that to me, thanks for responding, I was so focused on skimming through and looking for the words Stros M'kai I overlooked it. Thanks again!!
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Combat & Gameplay
    Buffs & Debuffs
    There has got to be a better word to use than 'Magickasteal'. It's quite cumbersome.

Couldn't they just make it two words? "Magicka Steal"?

Still weird to pronounce but nicer to read at least.

I'm thinking "MPsteal" or "Absorb".
  • Kulaan_Doskad_Hadroz
    Me waiting for the patch to drop like
    giphy.gif
    Though war may tear us apart, love for each other will bring us back together as an overwhelming force. ~Kulaan Doskad-Hadroz, Loredas , the 12th of Evening Star, 2E 582
  • TRoclodyte
    TRoclodyte
    ✭✭✭
    HOMESTEAD
    Homestead Basics
    Except for the entry-level apartment, which is free after completing a short quest, all of the initially-available homes can be purchased with in-game gold or crowns.
    • You may own one of every home, all the way up to all 39 available at launch!
    • Homes are shared across all characters on your account.
    • Homes are split into several tiers, by size:
      • Apartments: 3 total, 1 for each alliance
      • Small Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
      • Medium Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
      • Large Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
      • Manors: 3 total, 1 for each alliance

Where are the 3 missing ones?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to technical issues, the Homestead PTS deployment will be rescheduled for tomorrow. We're sorry for the delay, and will keep everyone posted starting tomorrow morning as to when it will be available.
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    the changes to all the other classes is of course questionable in some cases. however Im still a bit surprised at how little nightblade changed for this patch. there was the fear trap change, which still wont get used. there was yet another fix to cloak breaking. all i see that might change general gameplay for a mag nb is a small swallow soul nerf. of course its dirt cheap as it stands currently, but there really wasnt any other changes for the nightblade class? merciless resolve is still extremely clunky to use. no recast on proc for merciless resolve or something? concealed weapon is still extremely underwhelming so I literally just use swallow soul at melee range.

stam nb really didnt even get touched at all. not even an incap cost increase. also a change to veil of blades or a damage increase would be nice. I've practically never gotten a kill while a veil was down this entire patch.
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TRoclodyte wrote: »
    HOMESTEAD
    Homestead Basics
    Except for the entry-level apartment, which is free after completing a short quest, all of the initially-available homes can be purchased with in-game gold or crowns.
    • You may own one of every home, all the way up to all 39 available at launch!
    • Homes are shared across all characters on your account.
    • Homes are split into several tiers, by size:
      • Apartments: 3 total, 1 for each alliance
      • Small Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
      • Medium Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
      • Large Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
      • Manors: 3 total, 1 for each alliance
    Where are the 3 missing ones?
    @TRoclodyte The ones that aren't there are the three inn rooms you get from the starter quest.
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, RIP my frostblade. Unless you are a tank, Frost staves are unusable in PvE. What a horrible change. Just horrible.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Due to technical issues, the Homestead PTS deployment will be rescheduled for tomorrow. We're sorry for the delay, and will keep everyone posted starting tomorrow morning as to when it will be available.

had a feeling today was a wipe.
    Edited by Fudly_budly on January 4, 2017 1:25AM
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Many chairs, thrones, benches, pews, stools, and other seating objects throughout Tamriel are now interactive. You just need to approach the furniture and interact with it to sit down, provided there is room and the furniture is placed in an accessible location."

After 3 years, we can sit! What about beds?

"Once attuned, the station can be placed as a furnishing in your home and used by you and your guests to craft items from the set it is attuned to."

No more running to middle of nowhere to make Julianos gear? Too good to be true!

"Reduced the maximum amount of Ultimate that can be stored to 500 from 1000."

Ouch, Overload can't run all day. To be honest I mostly let it build up and waste most of it on a single-use ultimate, but it was nice to have all-day Overload as an option.

"Doshia, found during the Main Quest, has become stronger."

She's had a rough life, but I'm glad to see she's getting herself together. Being killed at least once by Doshia was a rite of passage. Uh, but @ZOS_GinaBruno she's in the Fighter's Guild quest, not Main Quest.

"Item Set procs which deal damage or healing can no longer Critically Strike."

I'm unhappy about this, but we'll see after PTS testing.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the Rp is strong in this patch Can we please get a new emote that says

"please don't kill me I'm a mageblade" viewable in pvp to everyone you could even maybe put in an alternative
    "mageblade here free ap as an alternative"
    and one for pve that says even though "I'm a mageblade can I join your group"
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kamimark wrote: »
    No more running to middle of nowhere to make Julianos gear? Too good to be true!

Julianos? Dear, I'm going straight for that stupid Armor Master set :P
    Then maybe I will start crafting for people again.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.