The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

It's time to nerf VMA

xboxone1Q
xboxone1Q
✭✭✭
It's time to do it, if people leave that's fine no one liked them anyway. :/
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    lol L2P issue...
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    It is just the 1st time, just learn the mechanics and when you complete it the second run will already be quite easy.
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror
  • alperheu
    alperheu
    The fact that people keep complaining about how hard/grindy it is is beyond me. What they don't understand is that vma shows the difference between an alright dps and poor dps. Eventhough I personally do not like the rng system very much, I must say that I strongly believe that being able to complete it and having the willpower to grind it shows whether you deserve a spot in endgame content or not.
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what you said on your last thread about VMA
    xboxone1Q wrote: »
    Never have and never will. :/ But that's fine with me because my Templar is my one guy. He has over 50 k health but can't get past round 1 lol. :) So who else hasn't beaten it yet?

Hate to say it but it's a l2p issue. Look up a VMA build video for mag/stamplar for one (magplar easier). Or make a stam sorc and find a VMA build and go easy mode. It took me 2 days to clear my first run and now I can do it in 45min. It just takes a good build, knowledge of the mechanics, and practice.
    Edited by Father_X_Zombie on December 21, 2016 3:54PM
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about..... NO
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about you lower your health from 50k to 25k first, the put the rest into magicka. You die because you run out of resources. Even the best tanks in the game only run 25 to 30k health.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf the RNG drops that's it. VMA is an unwanted chore I do, going in knowing full well I'm gonna be disappointed with the drops.
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never have and never will. :/ But that's fine with me because my Templar is my one guy. He has over 50 k health but can't get past round 1 lol. :) So who else hasn't beaten it yet?

Hate to say it but it's a l2p issue. Look up a VMA build video for mag/stamplar for one (magplar easier). Or make a stam sorc and find a VMA build and go easy mode. It took me 2 days to clear my first run and now I can do it in 45min. It just takes a good build, knowledge of the mechanics, and practice.

My first clear took about 2 months....I just gave up entirely. Then my friends cleared it and I didn't want to get left behind and was motivated to finally beat it.

Now I can beat it with my eyes closed. It's just a hassle because I know I'm going to get shafted on the rewards. 45mins is my average time too now.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1gd8u9.gif
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion vMA is extremely easy if you just focus on learning the mechanics. Had never even attempted Malestrom before but decided to give it ago a couple months ago. Only took me a week of about 10-15 runs to get flawless conqueror. And I pretty much exclusively pvp and did'n't have BiS stuff like Infallible Aether (never done a trial). It definitely doesn't need a nerf.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It already was nerfed shortly after it's release.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paneross wrote: »

My first clear took about 2 months....I just gave up entirely. Then my friends cleared it and I didn't want to get left behind and was motivated to finally beat it.

Now I can beat it with my eyes closed. It's just a hassle because I know I'm going to get shafted on the rewards. 45mins is my average time too now.

I should have clarified it was the last round that took 2 days, about a week total. I lost 2 Xbox controllers to the last boss lol. I actually motivated my friends to clear it because they thought id roast them whenever i got the chance, which i did for a while.
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I support any thread to nerf maelstrom.
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    for poor players with 7k dps vet dungeons are not enough anymore. they want vMA weapons and they don't want to work on it.

no

L2P
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »

U gotta learn and try with high end gear before even considering crying nerf
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    I think the question of whether particular content should be nerfed is interesting, but I am not altogether sure by what criteria we make the judegement?
    That said, one thing that I would note is that I suspect vMSA is ultimately doable by a large fraction of the ESO population (assuming certain CP and gear minimums). I say this because I recently cleared it for the first time myself. It took me months working on it 1-2 weekends per month and somewhere between 600 and 800 deaths. If I am reading these forums correctly, my experience is fairly typical. I can assure you that I am NOT an elite player and likely not even a significantly above average player. I don't have trials gear or some kind of insane DPS build. I have a wife, kids, a dog, and a normal job. Getting through it is really more about persistence and a willingness to learn. There are people on these forums who are very generous with their time and are more than willing to help you through the process. Lean on them for assistance if you get to a point where you feel completely stuck. You have to do your part, though.
    Also, one other thing that I would note about vMSA is that it has one of the most extreme "cost functions" I have ever come across. There is a huge up front fixed (learning) cost, but the marginal cost to you once you have learned it is very low. (This is what leads some people to incorrectly say that it is easy - they are only thinking about their marginal cost of playing it after having already learned it. The process of getting through VMSA, at least for the first time, is in no way easy for the overwhelming majority of players.) It probably also explains why the drop frequency for good traits is what it is.
    My main point, though, is that the material is doable and I suspect it is doable by a large fraction of players, given a willingness to learn and put in the time.
    Circling back around, then, it seems like any argument for nerfing would need to be based on a consideration other than inaccessibility to the ESO population.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    soll wrote: »
    for poor players with 7k dps vet dungeons are not enough anymore. they want vMA weapons and they don't want to work on it.

no

L2P

I agree, even though I am still stuck on Round 9. WTH 7k DPS? That guy needs to fix his build before attempting the hardest solo content in the game.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's sad, how many guides and walkthroughs and insight is currently listen on these forums and yet people still can't grasp the concept that Maelstrom is considered easy.

It's true for most classes now days, forget score runs and flawless runs but anyone with a decent build should be able to clear it.

Keep this in mind there is a save feature now... there never used to be we used to be in there for HOURS due to the fact if you left it would reset.

I would consider all the "new" players and "new people in Maelstrom" bloody lucky.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    Not this **** again.

WOW 2 MONTHS!
    Ill commend your dedication on that one buddy!

I guess ive been extremely lucky with RNG so cant comment too much there as i have seen lots of people saying 1000 runs and still no sharp inferno staff, always seems to be this weapon XD
  • Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »

no

L2P

I agree, even though I am still stuck on Round 9. WTH 7k DPS? That guy needs to fix his build before attempting the hardest solo content in the game.

@Lukums1 can help you with round 9 .
    Once it clicks in your brain you'll be wondering why you struggled.

fix his build, put the tissues away and get back in there and LEARN. Edit: looking at you OP..
    Edited by Upright_man on December 21, 2016 10:13PM
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »

no

L2P

@Lukums1 can help you with round 9 .
    Once it clicks in your brain you'll be wondering why you struggled.

fix his build, put the tissues away and get back in there and LEARN.

PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭

Oh Kyle :( are you the guy with 561 cp gold gear who cant complete?

What is it exactly stops you from doing this?

You have to dodge the RKO

• Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite are the people think they're the best at trials and PvP. Yet they can't beat VMA or VDSA.
  • Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭

My favorite are the people think they're the best at trials and PvP. Yet they can't beat VMA or VDSA.

No hate on poor Kyle, I've seen him in other threads and hes just at the end of his tether with vMA.

But I'm curious as to why he isnt able to complete it, if he is indeed 561 cp gold geared.

I think i was 370cp and in purples for my first clear.

I feel like it would make his christmas if we can get him across the finish line.
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No hate on poor Kyle, I've seen him in other threads and hes just at the end of his tether with vMA.

But I'm curious as to why he isnt able to complete it, if he is indeed 561 cp gold geared.

I think i was 370cp and in purples for my first clear.

I feel like it would make his christmas if we can get him across the finish line.

Yea not hating. I'm hoping everone can some day beat it. Watch the hundreds of youtube guides and builds should help alot.
  • Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    I think the question of whether particular content should be nerfed is interesting, but I am not altogether sure by what criteria we make the judegement?
    That said, one thing that I would note is that I suspect vMSA is ultimately doable by a large fraction of the ESO population (assuming certain CP and gear minimums). I say this because I recently cleared it for the first time myself. It took me months working on it 1-2 weekends per month and somewhere between 600 and 800 deaths. If I am reading these forums correctly, my experience is fairly typical. I can assure you that I am NOT an elite player and likely not even a significantly above average player. I don't have trials gear or some kind of insane DPS build. I have a wife, kids, a dog, and a normal job. Getting through it is really more about persistence and a willingness to learn. There are people on these forums who are very generous with their time and are more than willing to help you through the process. Lean on them for assistance if you get to a point where you feel completely stuck. You have to do your part, though.
    Also, one other thing that I would note about vMSA is that it has one of the most extreme "cost functions" I have ever come across. There is a huge up front fixed (learning) cost, but the marginal cost to you once you have learned it is very low. (This is what leads some people to incorrectly say that it is easy - they are only thinking about their marginal cost of playing it after having already learned it. The process of getting through VMSA, at least for the first time, is in no way easy for the overwhelming majority of players.) It probably also explains why the drop frequency for good traits is what it is.
    My main point, though, is that the material is doable and I suspect it is doable by a large fraction of players, given a willingness to learn and put in the time.
    Circling back around, then, it seems like any argument for nerfing would need to be based on a consideration other than inaccessibility to the ESO population.

Dude you're a shining example of how it is achievable, even if you cant commit endless hours to ESO and arent an elitist :smiley: it IS possible. Very good attitude towards the whole thing and i think that's the most important part.

If it was easy the first time i wouldn't have enjoyed running it more than once tbh. I do believe it made me a better ESO player overall.
  • xboxone1Q
    xboxone1Q
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone that's says l2p or watch videos are the elite players that doesn't play for FUN. I guess we are not allowed to play for FUN now. So nerf it. Yes I know my Templar has 50 k health and is at 603 cp. But it's still time to nerf it. :/
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to think this guy is the best troll of all time. Like, everything he says sounds so provocative and trollish, but it has a big hint of seriousness to it that makes me think he's actually being serious. Look through his history to see what I mean.
  • Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    Everyone that's says l2p or watch videos are the elite players that doesn't play for FUN. I guess we are not allowed to play for FUN now. So nerf it. Yes I know my Templar has 50 k health and is at 603 cp. But it's still time to nerf it. :/

ha! Cant tell if youre being sarcastic or not.

Why is it you want it nerfed?

I play it for fun quite often, i enjoy the challenge and improving myself each run. If i wanted easy mode id do normal version and roll my face on the keyboard..

I am in no way an elite player, i'm not even 400cp yet and have mostly purples still but i've cleared it because i didnt give up and i took advice constructively.

People tell you to watch videos because your asking for a nerf on something you could almost certainly LEARN to do.
    Which is basically the same as telling you to L2P. Instead of asking for nerf, figure it out like the rest of us had too.

Its not like you have to do it flawlessly or high score if you are just looking to clear it, so what is the issue?
    You cant complete on your tank build and refuse to change so its "OMG NERF" instead of "I SHOULD REALLY ADJUST MY BUILD TO CLEAR THIS CONTENT SINCE THIS CURRENT BUILD ISNT WORKING."