The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

It's time to nerf VMA

• Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Liquid, however the staement of 30minutes I'm pretty sure I've only seen 2 people do it so far :pensive:

However I do agree with that you're saying.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's time for you to learn how to play
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think normal needs to be a bit harder with a very small chance (very) to get malestrom weapons.
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    To all of you moaning, that we "elitists" call out to L2P (learn to Play) comes from a very simple reason..

Once a while ago, we were like you.... stepping the first time into this Arena.
    And for F Sake i lost Count on how many times i wiped in there...

Its all about consistency... If you give up, you are not worth the title stormproof...
    A friend of mine spent OVER 1000 SOUL STONES on only the last Boss in last Arena.....
    I had to cover him with 400 more Soul Stones to proceed o:)
    I encouraged him to go on and on until he clears it... and after a few days he did it!!!!
    AND HE FOLLOED MY HINTS TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS, he improved his build to a Point he did awesome damage, had good healing and resource control.

IF you guys ARE NOT putting in time you will never finish this.. and thats why people say LEARN TO PLAY..
    vMSA is not for everyone.. just for those who are ready to learn to solve their own mistakes and find solutions to perform better..

Just going in with a 50k health templar and thinking.. OH MAN 50k HEALTH!! Im indesctructible.... its just ridicolous... :D
    especially in VMA
    better go with 40k magicka dude lol

vMSA is so damn easy nowadays - that time it seperated the good from the rest.
    now you want to finish vMA like a quest in auridon? hahahaha

.. Just ridicolous
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • TreeHugger1
    TreeHugger1
    ✭✭✭
    alperheu wrote: »
    The fact that people keep complaining about how hard/grindy it is is beyond me. What they don't understand is that vma shows the difference between an alright dps and poor dps. Eventhough I personally do not like the rng system very much, I must say that I strongly believe that being able to complete it and having the willpower to grind it shows whether you deserve a spot in endgame content or not.

It's not willpower it's an addiction, doing the same arena hundreds of times spending days and weeks and suffer in the process should not be part of a game, yes one should honestly earns items and I don't believe in shortcuts but I shouldn't work for it.
    You guys forgot the place of this game in your life... hope is a dangerous thing when you fight RNG.
    Edited by TreeHugger1 on February 7, 2017 1:43PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where else would I bang my head against the wall in hopes of not dying 20 times to adds that gang up on me like a pack of hungry skeevers?
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP there is a nerfed version of vMA, its called nMA or nerfedMA, there is a secret code to unlock it, just go in group and click on that spiked shield and it will lose it's spikes, now enter vMA and it will turn into nMA. Good luck. :trollface:
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    1gd8u9.gif

@Thelon As soon as I see your name I can expect a meme. And you never deceive my friend! :D
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xboxone1Q wrote: »
    Everyone that's says l2p or watch videos are the elite players that doesn't play for FUN. I guess we are not allowed to play for FUN now. So nerf it. Yes I know my Templar has 50 k health and is at 603 cp. But it's still time to nerf it. :/

Lol I do vMA for fun. In fact, we have kinda a race event thing going on between the DPS in my trials group. Its always fun to hop on all at once while in party chat and do a race of vMA. I do vMA when no one is online too, because its the only fun thing to do and I might get that weapon that I need. So yeah, vMA is a great place. I take all my characters on at least 1 run through to learn to play the class and the spec I'm building.

So yeah, your templar has 50k health, means you probably didn't build him right. Tanks should sit at around 30k to maximise resources and management, DPS should be around 18k to maximise DPS, healers are also usually around 20k. So yeah you have too much health for all those roles. Blazing Shield centered builds for PvP? You don't have enough health. So basically, its time to accept the fact that vMA is telling you that you need to L2Build your character properly and to L2Play your character.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damn it >.< I just looked at the other threads he's made... I got trolled so hard omg
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit of a nerco on this thread, but i disagree OP. No Nerf needed.

It feels impossible, it feels too hard, endless, pointless deaths. The you get it, clear that round and never look back.

First pass is often 30hrs, second 3hrs, and soon you are fighting under the hour and thinking Flawless is doable.

On my first pass I told my wife to snap the ESO disk if I ever mention trying flawless, it seemed that impossible.

VMSA is the perfect level of challenge. It's just right.

Less lag would be mint tho
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone that completes reflects that its NOT that hard in hindsight....
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you have completed 100 times, it is easy no matter how you gear or build.. The reality though is that this patch made US, the players weaker with nerfs to nearly every class/build, thereby buffing the mobs/bosses in vMA. So unless you have already done it 100 times, if you are starting vMA today, it is now harder than it was yesterday. Despite some people saying they can do it naked and without assigning their cp etc... they know ever spawn and time everything perfectly with the mechanics.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    After you have completed 100 times, it is easy no matter how you gear or build.. The reality though is that this patch made US, the players weaker with nerfs to nearly every class/build, thereby buffing the mobs/bosses in vMA. So unless you have already done it 100 times, if you are starting vMA today, it is now harder than it was yesterday. Despite some people saying they can do it naked and without assigning their cp etc... they know ever spawn and time everything perfectly with the mechanics.

Agreed...

Done it with 200 CP in blue training gear...

Done it with 300 CP in first person (the entire arena)

It just goes to show... practice... is required.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    It still baffles me that people STILL complain about vMA being hard. Anyone can do it with relative ease that has a half decent build, is at least 400 CP, and takes time to practice it. If you don't want to put forth effort, don't expect a reward and don't try and dog down the people that do.
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please don't nerf it! I'm one of those who currently have 0 chance of clearing it, but I've asked advice, gotten a few suggestions and am now working preparing to eventually tackle vMA again. I'm aiming at upgrading my gear, leveling certain skill lines, upgrading my playing skills (the L2P bit).. It will take a lot of time, and I'll be sorely disappointed if vMA has been nerfed by the time I get back. I don't want to be able to complete it because it has been made easier, but because I have gotten better.
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Pallio wrote: »

Agreed...

Done it with 200 CP in blue training gear...

Done it with 300 CP in first person (the entire arena)

It just goes to show... practice... is required.

How scary was the skull attack? Like I'd literally take a skull to see how cool it looks. IDC if I wipe or let a Crem Guard spawn. It will be worth it.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I changed from Xbox (completed vMA about 5 times) to PC and just did first three vMA runs with 260cp in seducer + lich all purple on mag sorc. Didn't even use overload...

If you can't complete vMA, change your setup/gear/morphs or just get gud.

Stop trolling!!!
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It gets nerfed every time they increase the CP cap.

Fix the loot system so people are incentivized to learn it, don't nerf the content itself.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still support nerfing all content to make it easy to complete. Even hard mode Vet content. I want to do HM Vet MoL naked with 12 pet Sorcs.
  • KaiDynasty
    KaiDynasty
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Still support nerfing all content to make it easy to complete. Even hard mode Vet content. I want to do HM Vet MoL naked with 12 pet Sorcs.

If all the sorcs are naked, there will be only One HARD thing in the trial, and it isn't the difficulty
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This definitely is a L2p issue.

I've moved across to Xbox NA and completed vMSA (Stormproof) at:

200CP
    7 Light (All training, purple)
    Non-set staff (Sharpened, purple)
    NO guilds, I hadn't even picked up FG or MG by this point.

I did have 3 willpower though.

I remember my first ever complete back when it came out - it took me about 16 hours in one sitting (You couldn't save progress then, CP was lower and gear wasn't as effective)
    I must have spent 5+ hours minimum on every boss other than the first one, learning the fight, spawns, kill order and continuously wiping.

The nerfs are already in place; CP is already higher, gear sets are already stronger and you can save your progress (Although I actually don't think the save progress helps you at all because it gives you no incentive to learn fights, only to get by them and then load from where you were before - If you had to go through every round again, every time you didn't finish and left for 15+ minutes this would become a walk in the park)

Seriously though, stop asking for stuff to be handed on a plate, if you can't do it then you've not tried hard enough and don't deserve it.
    Don't be scared to use the sigils either, they're there for you guys.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)