The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Character Offspring: Hybrid Races Concept

• xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    erm bro...u just got Genetic Manipulation to another level...
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick sorry for the thread necro, aah!
    I just loved this idea.. I would SO pay for those extra slots. : )
    I've been looking at pairing my characters up, lorewise... most of them are female, but I need people to ship them with; mixed races makes it more interesting.
    And while the inability to bear mixed kids makes for good (yet sad) story, I would like this mechanic.
    +1!
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disgusting...

thx to lore it won't happen
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disgusting...

thx to lore it won't happen

Hey, try not to straight-up hate. It's a clever idea!
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides the fact that this will never happen, Argonians and Khajiit can’t cross breed with the other races. To make it work for game play mechanics would burn the lore to the ground. Not to mention RNG and the fact that some combos will not make sense the way you have with some passives from this race and some from that race.

Take Nords and High Elves they would be a beefy mage or arcane warrior but they would not match Bretons. Bretons are a hybrid race of Nord and High Elves to that would make little sense for the bonus to not match Bretons.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides the fact that this will never happen, Argonians and Khajiit can’t cross breed with the other races. To make it work for game play mechanics would burn the lore to the ground. Not to mention RNG and the fact that some combos will not make sense the way you have with some passives from this race and some from that race.

Take Nords and High Elves they would be a beefy mage or arcane warrior but they would not match Bretons. Bretons are a hybrid race of Nord and High Elves to that would make little sense for the bonus to not match Bretons.

Technically, it was Nedics and Altmer... but I guess so. : (

• kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »

Technically, it was Nedics and Altmer... but I guess so. : (

You know someone is going to try it and then ZoS will get flooded with P2W better Bretons post.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Furry argonians? YES Please!

Edit: If they would that people would propably make Khajiit & Bosmer hybrid which would paralyze, drive people nuts with its cuteness and it would be impossible to hurt one in PvP because of you would feel ashamed for hurting such a cutie pie. :D
    Edited by Tirps on November 3, 2018 8:48AM
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore says "Racial Traits of the Mother", so the passives would stay the mothers race. But it also says "with traces of the father"; and non-trait traces would be... appearance options.
    Sooo... a "halfbreed pack" of out-of-race appearance options would not be all that lorebreaking, right? They could sell one for each race, and allow people to mabe bretons with red dunmer eyes, khajiit with bosmer horns, altmer with ayleid black hair, nords with redguard tan, argonians with some fur tufts, whatever...
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they give Argonians the ability to crossbreed I will cringe really hard. It's breaking lore to a massive degree since Argonians arent even from Mundus or Nirn for that matter. If they use the Hist as an excuse, it will come off as bad writing. (Besides, the Hist doesn't care to mingle with the other races, it mostly cares about self-preservation of itself and its creations)

Now Khajiit? Possibly, but that's because they come from Bosmer.

I don't want to come off as rude, but please search if something is lore-friendly...It's unfair for large amount of people like myself who can't stand breaking lore for the sake of, "The Rule of Cool". Besides, we don't need more to the races, we have enough and giving the ability to chose racial passives will give race selection no point. It's a balancing nightmare.
    Edited by Claudman on November 4, 2018 11:32AM
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • cheops
    cheops
    ✭✭✭
    Of course to be politically correct you would have to allow characters to identify as either male or female and have the option for children of same sex couples.....

sounds kinda complicated to implement - just like IRL! :smiley:
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -delete-
    Edited by Claudman on November 4, 2018 12:36PM

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

• Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also just realized this thread was necro'd...

Thanks mobile.