The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia?

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also it occurs to this one that, despite the short term lure of the shiny coin, it is not a longer term benefit to provide xp boosts in the store or in Tamriel.

Why - because they ultimately lessen the amount of time a traveller will spend in Tamriel. To assist a traveller to tear through tasks and perhaps become bored quicker does not help travellers stay in Tamriel longer. They longer they stay they more they spend.

The continued focus on the very short term gain puzzles and concerns khajiit when the long term has so much potential. With the con crates and now the possibility of scrolls that even more boost the xp it seems that khajiit is not the only one whose first concern is the picking of the pocket and then the running away very fast.

The recent silence also concerns this one. Yes khajiit knows they are hard at work - but on what this one she wonders?

This one hopes for many fabulous things but fears a sting in the tail somewhere ...

Just a feeling khajiit she cannot shake.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another grind this one won't be wasting time with. Better off hoarding gold for the new housing upgrades.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna bother with this one....

I sold my last recipe for 35k - I see ppl try to sell them for about 200k now.

Btw. why do we need this one? The effort and price tag for the stuff involved can't justify the extra xp IMO. I got three char slots left and if I first decide to make one I'll grind it to lvl 50 in no time anyway...

With OT it's just to find a spot with few players, fire up the old soundtrack and put on my rad grinding glasses. :blush:
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Denyiir
    Denyiir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who the hell needs 150% exp boost anyway when you can go from level 1 to 50 in a few days.
    To be honest leveling in this game is way to fast, people reach max level and have no idea how to play their new character...
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who the hell needs 150% exp boost anyway when you can go from level 1 to 50 in a few days.
    To be honest leveling in this game is way to fast, people reach max level and have no idea how to play their new character...

It's for min/maxers who feel inadequate unless they have 561 CP or more.
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With 1t and a set of training gear, it's not difficult to get to 50 the same day. Unless someone was low on cp and wanted to catch up very quickly, I don't see much value.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will agree that leveling is too fast, but I think that the idea that people don't know how to play their character depends entirely on personal perspective.

If the monsters consistently die, they know how to play their character and do so effectively. If they die and the monsters live, they do not play so effectively. If they keep dying, they don't know how to play their character. This is pretty much the benchmark for the game.

What shocks people is that they hear DPS numbers in the 30k or higher, so they rush to end game thinking that is what is needed, only to find themselves with a Level 50 character that does nothing close to 30k. Yet, they are still killing everything in their path because they don't need 30k, outside of a few specific scenarios.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hamiltonmath
    Hamiltonmath
    ✭✭✭
    So, has anyone gotten either the piece that adds to the Psijic Recipe or gotten Aetherial Dust on PC at all yet?
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, has anyone gotten either the piece that adds to the Psijic Recipe or gotten Aetherial Dust on PC at all yet?

Yes I see ppl in chat try to sell that stuff for 700k and more....
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rumors and indications that a few have been sold on some of the servers. We are convinced that they exist, but conspiracy theory suggests that rogue devs have gifted themselves with these things to sell as a quick gold sink. :smile:
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yesterday evening someone in one of my guilds posted a MM for the dust with 4 sales. So at least we know they exist.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible that you need to be maxed out in provisioning for it to drop, yeah? At least as possible as the possibility that I'm overthinking it, in the vein of all those people determined to unlock portals in that space game that everyone hates now.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I grinded one and a half post-cap CP without enlightenment and got jack *** in the process, unless that's what the 150% experience was referring to.

The timing is horrible. You don't introduce a terrible-RNG thing in the game right before introducing a terrible-RNG thing for actual money. If my wallet was already sealed tight, Aetherial just encased it in carbonite and sent it to the other side of a black hole, then smashed it into a million million individual particles each hidden in a styrofoam cup somewhere on a non-biodegradable trash planet that has a lethal atmosphere and no available parking.

And Aetherial is just proof that the team will troll us so what's the point.

November 7: To make Aetherial Ambrosia, you just add Aetherial Dust to an existing Psijic Ambrosia. Easy peasy.
    November 9: YOU NEED A DUPLICATE ANNOYING AS *** RECIPE AND A *** IMPOSSIBLE CIPHER AND SOME *** IMPOSSIBLE DUST. SUCK ON THAT, BIGOTS.

Yeah, the timing on such an *** *** is just too convenient...
    signing off
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you the gold *** are at work. Fragments jumped from 4k to over 20k overnight. Entire recipe 150k ish to over 3 mil. And as far as I know it hasn't even dropped on xbox yet.

I don't know if they are intentionally wrecking the economy, but it sure feels like it to me. Trial drops bop, apothecary vendor, material scaling and drop set being far ahead of anything I can craft. Motifs are still selling ok but even those only last so long.

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pragreal wrote: »
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Anyone that is re-grinding for a new Regular Ambrosia recipe? Are any of your writs returning any fragments?

I stopped doing them after finally finishing and there were many anecdotes that if you had one you wouldn't get any more fragments. Or you had to start a new character to get any or etc.

I've got a 3 full sets, and about 20 or so extra's above that. They definitely drop from the provisioning writs after you have the recipe.

PC I guess? If xbox wanna sell some of your extras?
  • lordhakai
    lordhakai
    ✭✭✭
    anyone figure out what they meant by monsters for the item drop for the new EXP potion.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lordhakao wrote: »
    anyone figure out what they meant by monsters for the item drop for the new EXP potion.

@lordhakao

I wonder this myself. Does it mean any mobs or just the ones that have fur or scales or funky teeth?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    The recipe fragments on XBNA are now around 200k each. Nice job, ZOS. I thought it would be impossible for you guys to figure out how to bone the economy even more than you already have. You guys keep exceeding my expectations.
    \
    Pandorii wrote: »
    Psijic Fragments are selling for 250k on console. Good job, ZOS.

Only thing is the pieces still drop from provisioning writs. I got another part 4 yesterday. they haven't taken the recipe out of the game.

People who don't want to do the writ grind to get the pieces and have the gold will buy them. Other people will be patient and get them from writs. I'm not going to really complain about the prices until I find they took the opportunity to get the recipe on my own out of the game.

I do provisioning writs every day on 3 characters and I have gotten 1 fragment in 4 months.

I do provisioning writs on 8 characters a day every day (only 3 at max level though, the rest are working on completing my recipe collection) and have learned the recipe on 3 2 of my own chars, gave 1 full recipe to my brother, and have 5 fragments banked that were all picked up in the last 3-4 weeks. On the 5 non-max level provisioners I think I've only picked up 1 or 2 fragments. The fragments have always dropped fairly regularly for me on max level provisioners, but I will say it goes in spurts. I'll get nothing for 3 or 4 weeks then in 1 week I'll get 4 or 5.

Edit: Only learned on 2 of my own, the 5 banked frags were going to go to the 3rd.
    Edited by Number_51 on November 14, 2016 5:03PM
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering what the hell the point of this is?

The whole point of these is Crown Crates. and the upcoming Crown Crate XP scrolls, ZoS messed up, they made some thing in the crates more powerful that what could be crafted in game....that's the reason.

But instead of fixing the Crown Crate item (which would have made far more sense) they went down the route of implementing some thing new into the game and no doubt made it practically impossible to obtain to boot.

The concerning thing I have here is their plans for the Crown Crate contents, which are not even live in the game yet, are obviously already set in stone, they will not change them. they prefer to 'mess' around with current in game items to lesson the blow of the Crate items. This currently worries me also the fact I have personally seen in other games what their new employee has done concerning cash shop RNG boxes.

Edited by elvenmad on November 14, 2016 5:59PM
    < PC - EU >
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    The recipe fragments on XBNA are now around 200k each. Nice job, ZOS. I thought it would be impossible for you guys to figure out how to bone the economy even more than you already have. You guys keep exceeding my expectations.
    \

Only thing is the pieces still drop from provisioning writs. I got another part 4 yesterday. they haven't taken the recipe out of the game.

People who don't want to do the writ grind to get the pieces and have the gold will buy them. Other people will be patient and get them from writs. I'm not going to really complain about the prices until I find they took the opportunity to get the recipe on my own out of the game.

I do provisioning writs every day on 3 characters and I have gotten 1 fragment in 4 months.

I do provisioning writs on 8 characters a day every day (only 3 at max level though, the rest are working on completing my recipe collection) and have learned the recipe on 3 2 of my own chars, gave 1 full recipe to my brother, and have 5 fragments banked that were all picked up in the last 3-4 weeks. On the 5 non-max level provisioners I think I've only picked up 1 or 2 fragments. The fragments have always dropped fairly regularly for me on max level provisioners, but I will say it goes in spurts. I'll get nothing for 3 or 4 weeks then in 1 week I'll get 4 or 5.

Edit: Only learned on 2 of my own, the 5 banked frags were going to go to the 3rd.

Sounds like you owe me some RNG!

I'll get nothing for 3 or 4 months. And then the next week I'll still get nothing!
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    \

Sounds like you owe me some RNG!

I'll get nothing for 3 or 4 months. And then the next week I'll still get nothing!

This.

XBox NA
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From Dev Tracker posted by Kai...........

"Monster" bezeichnet alls NSCs, egal ob menschlich oder nicht, die euch feindlich gegenüberstehen. Normale Bewohner, die mittels des Rechtssystems bestohlen oder angegriffen werden, gehören nicht dazu.

Google Translate says.........

"Monsters" means all NPCs, whether human or not, who are hostile to you. Normal residents who are robbed or attacked by means of the case do not belong to it.

:)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    Its crazy to hear the variance in fragment drops. Bit over a month ago I leveled up 3 characters to 50 provisioning on PS4 to go after the psijic ambrosia recipe, doing the writs every day (despite getting many tier 6 writs while level 7 since 1T launch) I have recieved 10 fragments in that time, to hear some have not had a drop in months is crazy, imagine it would be frustrating, the variance blows me away.

Personally I am happy to have something else to work towards in provisioning, keeps me engaged to keep doing the writs, I love opening the container and seeing that fragment in there, bit of a nice surprise. I don't want to sell for gold, not looking to make money, probably will not even use the recipe very much, for me the joy comes simply from the journey to get there and the completionist in me. I hope they continue to release things like this to keep provisioning relevant for those who have gotten all the drops already, but maybe its time for something different than an experience buff. Would love to see a really rare gold recipe which buffs something different, have the ingredient found in PVP to encourage players to go in there and engage other players, have defeated players drop "salty tears" as an ingredient for the recipe :)
    Edited by summitxho on November 14, 2016 7:03PM
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    It sounds like you have to re-grind the 7 recipe pages AND find the Aetheric Cipher to learn the recipe. Then you have to make Psijic Ambrosia AND find rare Aetherial Dust to make one of the new Mythis Aetherial Ambrosia.

Grind away, crafters.

bc39fd77b95c22fff332e8bf38ff78b52c88da48826447d3e7d37579740f2cf7.jpg

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    From Dev Tracker posted by Kai...........

"Monster" bezeichnet alls NSCs, egal ob menschlich oder nicht, die euch feindlich gegenüberstehen. Normale Bewohner, die mittels des Rechtssystems bestohlen oder angegriffen werden, gehören nicht dazu.

Google Translate says.........

"Monsters" means all NPCs, whether human or not, who are hostile to you. Normal residents who are robbed or attacked by means of the case do not belong to it.

:)

So, "red shirts"... anyone who shows up as red.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to know what is considered a monster. At least I haven't been wasting my time.

According to MM last night, in my guilds 1 dust had been sold for 149k. And someone in one of my guilds said one of the fragments had been sold for 500k. But it wasn't linked, so it might have been sold in chat instead of through a trading guild. Or it was just a rumor.

I just want to see how long it takes me to get the fragment, I have a terrible relationship with RNG so I expect it will take me forever. And it seems like one of the last places to make any real gold, finding and selling these 2 new items. I was making decent gold selling flowers, but that is probably going to be less worthwhile now.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    elvenmad wrote: »
    The whole point of these is Crown Crates. and the upcoming Crown Crate XP scrolls, ZoS messed up, they made some thing in the crates more powerful that what could be crafted in game....that's the reason.

But instead of fixing the Crown Crate item (which would have made far more sense) they went down the route of implementing some thing new into the game and no doubt made it practically impossible to obtain to boot.

Oh and let's not forget: the fact that they're keeping the 150% XP scroll means that there's a chance you don't get anything but consumables from a given Crate, thus pushing whatever your goal to get is that many Gems farther away.

To quote Sheogorath, "Cheese for no one!" Everyone loses out. Everyone on the customer side of things anyway.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elvenmad wrote: »

Oh and let's not forget: the fact that they're keeping the 150% XP scroll means that there's a chance you don't get anything but consumables from a given Crate, thus pushing whatever your goal to get is that many Gems farther away.

To quote Sheogorath, "Cheese for no one!" Everyone loses out. Everyone on the customer side of things anyway.
    They designed the crates the way they wanted. The feedback was overwhelmingly negative. Instead of putting thought into redesigning them, they buff the xp pots to add value to the unwanted clutter. In response to their promise that you can craft better items, they add a recipe with an incredible grind.

They promised they would take a look at the feedback and give the crates more thought. I don't see any effort here at all. It seems they are trying to make as little of an effort to improve them as they can. With that in mind, they said they may come to live without any further testing. What is ZOS doing? Do they really think so little of their customers?
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    lets make a suggestion for zenimax to give you everything in your mailbox with 0 efforts
    NBrookus wrote: »
    It sounds like you have to re-grind the 7 recipe pages AND find the Aetheric Cipher to learn the recipe. Then you have to make Psijic Ambrosia AND find rare Aetherial Dust to make one of the new Mythis Aetherial Ambrosia.

Grind away, crafters.

lets make a suggestion for zenimax to give us everything to our mailbox with 0 efforts

No ones saying that and to try and twist it into that just goes to show how out of touch you are.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was unfortunately completely clear during testing exactly how they were going to proceed with the crown crates. I for one am not surprised.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts