Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.3

• Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »
    So can we assume weapon ultimate's have been finalized since no changes were made in this patch?

For the most part, yes. It's unlikely we'll be making any additional changes to the Weapon Ultimates, barring any outstanding bugs.

So sick and tired of your companies ***. Do you damn job and balance this game! At the end of the day it's us as consumers who put a check on your table.

The only way to balance this game is to remove classes all together. Even then the game would not be balanced unless all had the same character. Each class was meant to be complimentary and you are meant to work in a group.

Lets look at stupid. I am in full plate armour. At maximum range you fire an arrow. In reality the arrow is unlikely to do anything but bounce off my armour. In this game I am seriously injured.
    I hit you with a ballista bolt, you shrugg it off. In reality you are lying there at best dying slowly or is that at worst!

Personally I want to put a cheque on the table. A check is an examination ;)

• The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Itemization
    • When completing a Trial on Veteran or Veteran Hard Mode, you will now receive a Purple-quality Weapon from an item set of that Trial, in addition to the one (for Veteran) or two (for Veteran Hard Mode) Gold jewelry pieces you'll receive.
    Asking again, because I also would like clarification on this as well. Are we still able to get gold jewelry on a regular vet trial run?

Follow up, what about purple jewelry from the boss in normal runs?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

On PTS we get
    normal: 1 blue jewerly
    vet: 1 purple jewerly
    vet hm: 1 gold jewerly

Not 2 gold. Thats live server on pts you changed it. Or you rechanged it?
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't the 2H ultimate just be blocked or interrupted? Having high resistance won't save you from certain attacks in PvE either. In fact there is a boss fight where some pesky balls will reduce your resistance to 0 as well and you have to perma-block and interrupt to survive. One more reason for people to actually play smart when they play tanks instead of just not caring being hit over the head.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention that Shalk Exoskeleton now is Barbaric style.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So can we assume weapon ultimate's have been finalized since no changes were made in this patch?

For the most part, yes. It's unlikely we'll be making any additional changes to the Weapon Ultimates, barring any outstanding bugs.

Not so much about ultinates vut are there any plans to make characters actually grip and hold our shields rather than the lazy dev looking levitating shields? If worried about clipping examine shields in dark souls 3 for ideas to grip without distended straps or levitating shields kinda felt this fell in line with lyrics looking like she actually hits the rocks
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In short, screw you guys, re roll stamina.
    PC EU
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we’ve fixed some minor bugs with Crown Crates, most of the planned improvements mentioned in this post have not yet been implemented; you can expect to see these changes when Crown Crates are released later this year.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno When these changes are implemented in the background (since they will almost inevitably be "coded in" before Crown Crates are activated), would you update the PTS to that version too, so that these can be tested? (And an NA character copy at the same time would be nice too.) You guys used to periodically update PTS to the latest version in between update testing, but don't seem to do that any more.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gina,
    Please ask the team to reconsider. I think everyone on PTS including 2h saying it's OP means it's OP.

Honestly if the windup has to stay for something like destro, reduce the cost to 150 or lower the flash to 1s and 200 Ultimate. It seems very very close to bats, but just isn't balanced around the differences between it and bats.

Yep, speaking from a PvP perspective:
    If I'm taking cost into consideration I'll very likely stick with Devouring Swarm. It has the same radius, does between 9-15K damage per enemy over 5 seconds, has no windup, and most importantly synergizes with healing buffs to make me almost invincible while the bats are up so I get to run around eating away at everyone's health.
    Eye of the Storm is going to have to tick on every enemy affected for at least 7K per second after taking into account battle spirit for the trade off of pure damage to be worth the lack of utility and higher cost. What I'm most afraid of is that It's going to be very noticeable when someone is using this ultimate and they are going to be focused on by every enemy nearby. Even as a heavy armor wearing Mag Temp with Major Mending and Major Vitality staying alive long enough for this ultimate to do its full damage when 4, 5 or 6 people are attacking you isn't going to be easy.
    Edited by itscompton on September 27, 2016 11:51AM
  • Rykmaar
    Rykmaar
    ✭✭✭

Exactly why I don't download of waste time on the PTS. It's pointless.

Yeah no kidding, Joy.

This is ridiculous.

Enjoy giving people an ult that's worse than Meteor that no one in their right mind will use.

I understand that design has to involve coming up with flashy visuals, however there has to be something behind that. In this case, there isn't. The ult is useless and will not be used in PvE or PvP by anyone with Mage's Guild 10.

By contrast, the other weapon ultimates will be used. That's a problem. Why does no one see that?
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no official release date for this to go live?
    NA/PC
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itemization
    Added the Impenetrable trait to the list of traits that can drop for Monster Masks and their Shoulders.

PvP players should be very happy to hear that.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »
    What, the Crown Crates? I think someone said November, but I'm not sure where that was said.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What are you people doing? Is this a joke? As if the toxic community and poor balance weren't already making me want to play PVP less and less, now you seem to have completely given up on balancing. What a disgrace.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its funny Alot of people are using the word broken, well here is the definition.

BROKEN : (Gaming) A game object or facility that is too good to exist. It is so powerful that it is unbalancing and hence breaks the game. Every winning player has to use this to be competitive.

Ok so now we understand the term broken, still nobody has any creative ways to beat this ? Everybody just complains and gives up, before trying to make a build with all the gear Zos just ramped up for us ?

Everybody says there done with the game, becuase they wont fix something that you havent played against yet ? Giving up before you even tried, well i guess we know who the real winners are in game/life.

Oh and having a 120k pve / 60k pvp Soul Assault should melt them if timed right and thats 1 move.

Edited by WeylandLabs on September 27, 2016 12:53PM
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭
    Its funny Alot of people are using the word broken, well here is the definition.

BROKEN : (Gaming) A game object or facility that is too good to exist. It is so powerful that it is unbalancing and hence breaks the game. Every winning player has to use this to be competitive.

Ok so now we understand the term broken, still nobody has any creative ways to beat this ? Everybody just complains and gives up, before trying to make a build with all the gear Zos just ramped up for us ?

Everybody says there done with the game, becuase they wont fix something that you havent played against yet ? Giving up before you even tried, well i guess we know who the real winners are in game/life.

Oh and having a 120k pve / 60k pvp Soul Assault should melt them if timed right and thats 1 move.

I've been playing this game since release on pc. I've been through 11 updates and read all the patch notes. Trust me when the stam meta is going through the roof with this next update.

No one is shaking in their boots fighting a magicka sorc, dk or NB. Templars are the only 'broken' magicka class, according to your definition and now they're getting another annoying beam ulti on TOP of Jesus beam. THAT IS UNINTERRUPTABLE AND GRANTS THEM CC IMMUNITY. That's not balance, that's just creating an exploitable opportunity for zergs and groups to be trolls.

Zos doesn't play the builds they design, as is clear when fengrush and sypher pk annihilated all of them in pvp during pax. Wrobel knows nothing about balance and refuses to listen to the community and does what he wants.

Just because your casual ass can run through a delve and feel powerful doesn't mean the game has any semblance of balance at all.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    What, the Crown Crates? I think someone said November, but I'm not sure where that was said.

No the update it self. I heard it was October 5th but I don't think it's gonna be out next week.
    Edited by Aquanova on September 27, 2016 2:09PM
    NA/PC
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @deadlychaos1991

Im sorry you just went nerd ham on me... lmfao

Anyways well i would like to congratulate you for playing so long on PC and playing since day 1. Unfortunately i own a console, in know im inferior blah blah blah. Anyways my definition is apparently correct in nerd talk/ gaming terms. I urge you to look it up sir.

Well Mr Day1 grand wizard overlard general master angler. If you would have looked at 2.6.1 patch notes you would have read.

Soul Strike:
    This ability can no longer can be purged or interrupted, but can now be BLOCKED <-For you

Maybe you missed that ? And yes thats called balance, the fact that you jumped at me so quickly before getting for facts straight is mind boggling ? And yes you can block for that 4.4 seconds of insanity while draining your stam.

Im happy that you are fans of 2 great streamers awesome. But let get something straight here your NOT them.

And the next time you try to make debate with somebody on here especially a console player. Make sure you have all of you facts straight with your patch notes.

PS4
    Psn : Shokasegambit
    Aldemeri Dominion NA
    Mag Sorc high elf
    Stam Sorc Orc before the meta
    668 CP

Edited by WeylandLabs on September 27, 2016 2:16PM
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭
    @deadlychaos1991

Im sorry you just went nerd ham on me... lmfao

Anyways well i would like to congratulate you for playing so long on PC and playing since day 1. Unfortunately i own a console, in know im inferior blah blah blah. Anyways my definition is apparently correct in nerd talk/ gaming terms. I urge you to look it up sir.

Well Mr Day1 grand wizard overlard general master angler. If you would have looked at 2.6.1 patch notes you would have read.

Soul Strike:
    This ability can no longer can be purged or interrupted, but can now be BLOCKED <-For you

Maybe you missed that ? And yes thats called balance, the fact that you jumped at me so quickly before getting for facts straight is mind boggling ? And yes you can block for that 4.4 seconds of insanity while draining your stam.

Im happy that you are fans of 2 great streamers awesome. But let get something straight here your NOT them.

And the next time you try to make debate with somebody on here especially a console player. Make sure you have all of you facts straight with your patch notes.

PS4
    Psn : Shokasegambit
    Aldemeri Dominion NA
    Mag Sorc high elf
    Stam Sorc Orc before the meta
    668 CP

Oh great its blockable. Which means as a mag build, you just gotta CC them after you ulti and RIP.

As a stam build, coming across a Zerg with 3 soul assaults on you, why don't we just siphon all your stam while you stand there and do nothing but blockcast vigor. Then when it's done, you have little to no stam for damage and you get CC'd and die.

Zos likes to put little cheap band aids on everything instead of getting to the root of the problem.
  • Rykmaar
    Rykmaar
    ✭✭✭

but can now be BLOCKED

Just to be fair, that isn't really a balancing factor. Tanks will be effective against a caster standing there and using it, but that is idiotic anyway. The tooltip damage on new SA is ridiculously high and will be a problem in PvP (even after battlespirit) -- which is what many didn't want.

All it takes to counter that is a hard cc into soul assault on PTS. Get ready for the following combo with magplars.

Spear, into SA, into beam. Bam. Dead. lol

(not that a similar combo isn't a problem already)

But on feedback...
    They clearly haven't listened to magicka player feedback on the ultimate or light armor imbalance or staves, etc. (yet anyway). What is clear to me is that when they say feedback, they mean "we might change numbers with the decision we made, but we're still making the decision whether you like it or not."

Even if they have some amazing plan in the works for U13 for balance, we have to wait a QUARTER to get it. I can't think of another game that waits a full quarter to address glaring issues (with emergency patches, hotfixes, etc) like this one does.

I don't know if it's just a case of misguided design or team management decisions, or they are taking Firor's point that they're okay with people leaving and returning literally.

"oh the game is imbalanced in PvP? take a break and come back in u13 when it's fixed, don't forget to buy crates before you go though."

That being said, I'm glad that stamina players got buffs the last few patches though, it was needed. Problem is the pendulum swung too far, and everyone knows it -- even ZoS.
    Edited by Rykmaar on September 27, 2016 3:04PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    No the update it self. I heard it was October 5th but I don't think it's gonna be out next week.
    They haven't changed the plan as far as I know. 5th October for PC/Mac, and 18th October for Consoles.
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    It seems as if all they care about is if things cause glitches or crashes regardless of how useless a power is.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rykmaar wrote: »
    Spear, pop inner light for empower, into SA, into beam. Bam. Dead. lol

you can't empower SA or Beam.
    Edited by ManDraKE on September 27, 2016 2:55PM
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno prepare yourself for the months of threads about this pathetic ultimate balance.

you guys are going the total wrong way with this game and are going end up with less custom because of your ignorance.
  • Rykmaar
    Rykmaar
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Rykmaar wrote: »
    Spear, pop inner light for empower, into SA, into beam. Bam. Dead. lol

you can't empower SA or Beam.

touché, edited.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why i play one class lol

Why i have to keep explianing on countering my own future builds or ideas. Is stam the meta mag the meta ult are to strong SA is too strong S&b ult is too strong ?
    Edited by WeylandLabs on September 27, 2016 3:13PM
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep up the good work! I know it isn't easy especially with the petty insults from biased players

"We released PTS at early state to do nothing and completely ignore community" what reason for PTS then?
    For god sake DO THINGS RIGHT AT LEAST ONCE and spend more time to make complete product, do f math and other smart things before making numbers and hire sane guy who will say "this 2h ulti is just too OP, we need to create something else"

Well just looking over the point release notes shows that they have done plenty based on feedback.

Your issue is "Waaaaahhhhh they didn't do what I and a vocal portion of the community demanded exactly"

It is posts like yours that make me truly appreciate what ZoS does and puts up with :)

Edited by Sureshawt on September 27, 2016 4:24PM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's wrong with some of you? You act like spoiled brats because some of your weapons aren't balanced right. Like junkies that didn't get a dope.
    The weapon ultimates are a new thing. It will take probably weeks/months for zos to balance them right. It's just the way it is. None is forcing you to use it. ZOS update and tweak all abilities all the time. If something isn't right, it will be addressed eventually, when all data, the way people use it or abuse it, is collected.

I'm not blindly defending ZOS, but behaviour of some is so incredibly rude and spoiled. This is the major update that adds new stuff and makes so many things right. There's so many things to be excited about. If weapon's ulti aren't that good, well, give them time and enjoy other stuff.
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    The main issue is that the d. staff ult. is the most expensive one of all and has a delay on start up. FI they lowered the cost, it would be an okay power to use. Not great, but usable.
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Itemization
    • When completing a Trial on Veteran or Veteran Hard Mode, you will now receive a Purple-quality Weapon from an item set of that Trial, in addition to the one (for Veteran) or two (for Veteran Hard Mode) Gold jewelry pieces you'll receive.
    Asking again, because I also would like clarification on this as well. Are we still able to get gold jewelry on a regular vet trial run?

Follow up, what about purple jewelry from the boss in normal runs?

Looking for an answer on this too
    Edited by Oompuh on September 27, 2016 7:44PM
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok ZOS, you say you're done balancing skills this patch and want to balance all the sets. Fine.

FIX ICE FURNACE!!!!
    Change the 4 piece weapon damage for spell damage and make the 5 piece proc on DoTs because there is virtually next to no reliable way to proc the 5 piece in a consistent manner.
    Argonian forever